- Text Size +

"Whoopee.  Yeha.  Shit!  I'm going to New York." Justin bounded out of bed, racing to the bathroom and turning on the shower.

 

Brian got out of bed as he watched his partner almost dance around the bathroom.  It was early, only 9:00 am, well early for Justin and Brian was mystified.  Justin was obviously ecstatic over the phone call.  Brian walked over to Justin as he was leaning over the shower to adjust the water temperature and wrapped his arms around him from behind, hoping to still his movements for a few short moments to discern Justin's ebullient mood.

 

"Care to share?"

 

"That was Carol.  Bretano's wants to show some of my pieces.  She wants to see me as soon as possible to discuss the show.  I've got to get to New York.  This is the day I was waiting for.  I'm going to show my work. Can you believe it?  I did it."  Justin turned around and gave Brian a huge kiss on the lips, but didn't linger as he was too excited.  "I've got to shower and then ...." Justin's enthusiasm died quickly and his shoulders slumped.

 

"Talk to me Justin.  Then....what?"  Brian hadn't seen this Dr. Jeyckel/ Mr. Hyde behavior in a long time and was concerned.

 

"How am I going to get to New York? I'm in fucking Pittsburgh with no car and no money.   I finally get what I've always dreamed of and now I can't even get to my fucking agent.  I'm so screwed."  Justin said as the reality of his situation hit him full force. 

 

While he'd been dealing with his memory issues the last few weeks, he hadn't thought about life in general.  In the last few days, he'd come to realize that Brian and he were partners, he lived in New York and he was trying to paint professionally.  He was just trying to convince Brian that he couldn't paint in New York and wanted to come home and now he received a call telling him he is going to show his work.  Now that his life appeared to be coming together; his memories returning and reuniting with his partner, it was all falling apart again, albeit for a different reason.  He couldn't contemplate what was next and stepped in the shower, grabbing the shampoo bottle to wash his hair.

 

Brian was a little shell shocked at Justin's announcement, and biting his tongue to prevent calling him a drama princess. Somehow Justin had yet again forgotten that Brian could care less what he spent on Justin, as long as he could help his partner.  Brian got in the shower, pulling Justin close to his body as he kissed him gently on the lips.  "I'll call Liberty Air when we're done and we'll fly up on the next flight."

 

"Really?"  Justin smiled as he realized Brian was going to help.

 

"Yeah, Really.  Besides we need to check on your apartment and I'm sure that Jake would like to see you."  Brian grabbed the soap and started lathering Justin's chest.  The unspoken words were just as pressing on Brian's mind, but for now he would just state the obvious.

 

Justin finished washing his hair and grabbed the soap from Brian to return the favor.  Brian noticed how quiet Justin was, usually Justin was talkative in the shower. Well, technically Justin was usually talkative anywhere, but quiet in the shower was unusual. Looking at his partner, Brian could see the distracted look in his eyes.

 

"When do you think we can get there?  I've got to call Carol and let her know.   I can text Jake.  I bet my apartment is a mess.  And, oh my mail must really be piled up.  I bet the super is pissed.  And I should call..."

 

Brian hugged Justin and leaned down to kiss him so he would stop talking.

 

"Slow down.  It's not a race.  We'll get it all done.  Now, let me take care of your little problem," he said as he fondled Justin's erection.  "Then we can make the necessary calls and pack.  I need to call Cynthia and have her and Ted hold down the fort for a few more days."

 

Justin responded to Brian's ministrations, allowing his body to just live in the moment.  Whether it was a hand job or blow job or actual sex, any act with Brian was always fulfilling and Justin wasn't going to waste the opportunity to get off.  Brian kissed him, his tongue exploring the inner reaches of Justin's mouth as if it were the first time he'd done so in months rather than in hours and Justin was food for his starving body.  Neither statement was true, but when it came to joining with his partner, Brian's body always felt like it was the first time he was with Justin.  Sex was just that good between them.  No matter what was going on in their crazy, busy lives, sex had never been the problem.  Brian brought Justin to a quick climax; Justin's heart raced as it reached orgasm and then began to slow.  He could feel Justin starting to relax.  Pleased with his ability to calm his partner, Brian kissed Justin slowly and shared his love with him. 

 

Justin smiled as his body returned to normal and reached down to return the favor. Brian was only too happy to let him do so and enjoyed Justin's adept hand skills.  He quickly shot his load as well. 

 

Brian shut the water off, grabbing a towel for each of them from the towel warmer.  Drying himself as he admired Justin in the mirror, he was filled with a sense of foreboding.  Choosing not to dwell on the feelings, especially since Brian Kinney did not "do" feelings, he hung up his towel and returned to the bedroom to pack and to make the necessary phone calls. Justin dried himself and followed Brian into the bedroom to pack and to make his share of the calls.

 

"Carol, its Justin."

 

"Hello, dear.  So can we do lunch?"

 

"Probably not.  I'm in Pittsburgh, but I'm working on a flight.  How about dinner?  I should be able to arrive by then."  Justin looked at the clock and saw that it was already 10:30.  Since they hadn't made the reservation yet, he doubted it would be feasible to arrive before mid afternoon.

 

"That's good.  Kittichai at 8:00."

 

"Make the reservation for three.  Brian is coming with me."

 

"We have lots to discuss.  I can't wait to see you."  She smiled as she hung up her phone. 

 

"We're meeting Carol at Kittichai at 8:00.  I told her to make the reservation for the 3 of us."  Justin let out a deep breath and took several more as he tried to calm his racing heart. 

 

Walking over to Justin, Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and kissed his neck as he whispered in his ear, "I'm proud of you."

 

"Thank you." Turning around in Brian's arms, he smiled and kissed him solidly on the mouth.  Pulling away, he said, "I've got to call Mom and Daphne.  Or maybe I should wait since I don't have any details.  Did you get our tickets yet? You don't have to come with me if Kinnetik needs you.  Have you talked to Ted and Cynthia?"

 

Brian laughed and shut him up with another kiss.

 

"Slow down.  Why don't you call Mother Taylor and Ms. Chanders.  Gloat for a few minutes and let your mind stop running circles in your head.  I have tickets for the 2:00 pm flight.  That should give us time to pack and get to the airport.  Damn, 9/11.  Flying anywhere takes a whole day, even if the flight is only 45 minutes."  Brian put his hand on Justin's back, pushing him toward the living area to complete his calls. 

 

Two people talking on cell phones in the same room was always noisy and he needed to make some calls in a quiet area.  He'd told Cynthia that he'd be in the rest of the week as Justin seemed to be doing a lot better, but now he had to recant those words and try to get work completed in just a short time before they left. Taking out his phone, he looked at the calendar to review the remainder of his week before he called Cynthia.

 

Luckily he had his toilet kit permanently packed so he didn't have to worry with that and his wardrobe was fairly basic, most of his clothing was easily interchangeable.  He gathered his grey suit and a red shirt and tie as well as few pair of jeans and shirts. Adding two pair of pants and some additional shirts and he was finished.  Zipping his bag he placed it by the doorway and returned to the chair to make the calls.

 

While he'd made plans for returning this week, Cynthia had thankfully only scheduled a few appointments that could easily be completed by Ted.  She'd been his assistant long enough to know that until he showed up at Kinnetik several days in a row, it was best to not schedule meetings that were critical.  Brian was thankful that Cynthia knew him so well.

 

After their phone calls were completed and they finished their packing, they called a cab to take them to the airport.  Justin could barely sit still in the cab.  Brian continuously laid his hand on his thigh and squeezed or gently stroked his arm.  It was nonsexual, unusual for them, but it appeared to ground Justin and calm his hyperactivity. 

 

When they boarded the plane Brian ordered drinks for both of them, hoping to calm Justin's jittery nerves.  After takeoff the drinks were served and it appeared to be successful as the alcohol calmed Justin, especially since he hadn't had much to eat all day.  When they arrived, they took a taxi to the Mondrian.  While Brian usually stayed at Conrad since it was close to the Financial District, he chose the Mondrian as it was closer to the gallery.  They arrived around 4:00 and had four hours until they met Carol. 

 

Brian hung his suite in the closet as did Justin.  Each man unpacked his toiletries and other clothing and Brian called room service to send up a light snack of cheese and fruit.  He decided Justin might be too excited to eat dinner this evening and he knew Justin's stomach would make its unhappiness known unless it was provided with some much needed energy.  The food arrived shortly and the two men sat down to enjoy their snack.

 

"Thank you.  I couldn't have gotten here without you."

 

Brian smiled and took a bite of a green apple from the fruit bowl.

 

"I mean... You did help get the tickets, but that's not it.  These last few weeks...  My memories... us... the painting..."  Justin swept his hand in an all encompassing gesture. 

 

"I knew you would remember.  It wasn't even an option, not to.  You're a strong man, Justin.  I've known that since the first day I met you and you spoke up at the hospital, telling Lindsay that Gus wouldn't last a day in the playground if she named him Abraham.  You didn't know her and yet you gave your opinion."

 

"You looked so natural holding him."  Justin thought for a few moments as his brain pulled out a particular memory.  "I just came to lose my virginity that night and I got so much more.  I gained a whole family.  I never have thanked you."

 

Brian wasn't a man to verbalize his emotions; therefore he did not comment on Justin's insights, but silently acknowledged his wisdom.  He took another bite of his apple and passed the cheese and crackers to Justin.  Knowing Justin was too excited to sit down to a meal, he knew if he put the food in front of him, he would eat it due to its proximity.  Brian watched in semi-fascination as Justin spread four crackers with port wine cheese and proceeded to eat them and then repeat the same activity several times before he spoke.

 

"These last few weeks have been crazy.  I'm not sure my memory is 100% but most of my memories have returned." 

 

"I'm glad.  You have an amazing life and while there are events that I wish you hadn't remembered, I'm happy that your life has returned to normal."  Brian finished his apples and threw the core away in the trash.  He was happy to see that Justin was relaxing.

 

"I can't believe I'm back in New York.  I've spent the last few weeks remembering my life here, but not feeling like it's my life, and now I've returned to it."  Justin took a bite of small cracker he had topped with some cheddar cheese.  "I remember that I'm an artist and why I was here.  It still seems like a dream."

 

"I'm glad that you've remembered your art.  It would have been rather awkward to explain who Carol was and why she would be calling you if you didn't remember the last few years."

 

Justin nodded and grabbed a bunch of grapes, popping one at a time into his mouth.  He finished the bunch and took the last of the crackers and prepared them by spreading the remaining cheese on them. 

 

"I can't wait to meet with Carol.  She seemed very anxious to talk to me today.  I wonder if that's normal?"  Justin asked before he bit into a cracker.

 

"I'm not an expert on art or representing artists, Justin.  I'm sure there are lots of details that have to be ironed out before a show can be put on."

 

"I didn't think about that.  I guess the logistics of an event is something I've never thought about.  I was so caught up in getting to the event, I never thought of the other stuff."  Justin finished the last of the crackers and swallowed some water to wash them down.  "I can't wait to talk to her tonight.  I'm glad you came.  I'm so excited and nervous that another set of ears will be good.  While I think I'm a 100%, I know I'm not really there."

 

Brian was slightly taken aback but Justin's statement.  He hid his concern by standing up and taking the room service cart to the hall and taking a few deep breaths before he returned to Justin. 

 

"You still have holes in your memory?"  Brian walked toward the mini bar in the room, poured himself a drink and then sat on the couch in the living space of the room. 

 

Justin sat on the opposite edge of the couch with a glass of water he had kept from their snack.  He sipped the water before answering.

 

"I guess.  I find myself seeing something and doing a quick memory review before responding.  Like this afternoon, I did a quick scan of the airport taxi area and remembered the last time I was here.  It was when you and mom took me back to the Pitts.  While that was a recent memory, after the accident, I still had to rewind information in my brain to verify that it was correct."

 

Brian nodded his head in understanding.

 

"And the same thing happened this morning when I was packing.  I had to think for just a few moments where my kit was located and do a quick inventory of my clothes to determine what to wear.  It's sort of like watching a commercial in rewind mode.  You see something or think you see something so you rewind it to be sure that you saw what you thought you saw."

 

"And you do this all day long?"

 

"No.  Well yes.  I guess I do.  I'm just getting really good at fast rewind.  Most of the time, the information is right there, but there have been a few times where the information isn't coming up.  Like a computer search where you have to revise the parameters."

 

"But it's mostly little stuff or do you still not remember everything?"

 

Justin finished his water and wanted to pour himself a drink.  He was getting frustrated talking to Brian.  Deciding a drink wouldn't do him any harm this far out from dinner, he walked to the bar and poured himself a small shot of Beam.  Taking a drink, he felt the familiar burn of the liquor as it traveled through his body.

 

"If I knew what I didn't know, then I would know it."

 

‘You're right.  Okay.  We'll just continue to take it day by day.  We're here to celebrate success and we need to start to get ready.  Let's take a shower and see what comes up.  I'm feeling dirty from the plane ride.  No matter how short they are, we still have to go through dirty airports and mix with unwashed bodies."

 

"Sounds good to me."  Justin walked to the bathroom and undressed.  He adjusted the water temperature and stepped in. 

 

Brian followed him and grabbed a condom and some lube, as he vowed to distract Justin from any thoughts other than his cock.  For the second time that day, Brian grabbed the soap and soaped up his partner.  He kissed him as he ran his slippery fingers over his back and buttocks. 

 

"God, that feels good," Justin said as he moaned.

 

Brian soaped up his chest and slipped his hand down to fondle his erection. Soon it was fully erect, pointing toward his stomach.  Brian crushed his chest against Justin's as he kissed him open mouthed and continued to soap his back.

 

Slipping his fingers into Justin's crack, he slowly ran his index finger up and down the crack without popping in the tight hole.  Justin was torn from pushing his body and cock against Brian or pushing his ass toward the fingers that were fingering him.  His moans of enjoyment were egging Brian forward.  Brian pushed a slippery finger into Justin and quickly popped it out and continued to caress the perineum.  He didn't want to set up a rhythm and would occasionally push his finger into Justin's hole.  After three times, Justin pushed back hard and Brian's finger slipped all the way into the tight channel.  Justin started fucking Brian's finger and brought his hand to his cock and pulled on it as well.  Brian removed Justin's hand from his cock and then pushed another finger into his ass.  Justin gasped slightly at the surprise intrusion and then pushed back harder into Brian's hand.  Brian then brought his own hand to Justin's cock and played with the slick head, running his fingers over the sensitive head.  The dual sensations of Brian's fingers  on his mushroom head and his hole had Justin breathing hard.

 

"Fuck me, NOW!"

 

Brian was not in the mood for a lot of foreplay so he removed his finger from Justin's ass, put on a condom, turned Justin to face the wall and plunged into his partner.  Justin had his hands against the wall of the shower, bracing himself for the upcoming onslaught.  Brian pounded his ass and pulled Justin's cock and after a few thrusts both men were coming, their orgasms releasing much of the tension from the day. 

 

Afterward, they finished their shower and dressed for the evening.  They took a short cab ride to Kittichai and were seated at Carol's table.

 

Justin went to kiss her cheek lightly, sat down, and introduced Brian.  The waiter brought their menus and they ordered.  Brian ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter poured a glass for each person.

 

"I'm so glad you could make it tonight.  We have much to discuss.  You will be so busy the next few months leading up to your show.  I hope you have plenty of pieces set aside for it."

 

Justin and Brian just stared at each other, neither one ready for Carol's agenda.

 

TBC