- Text Size +

 

1. Chapter 1- New York, Here I Come2. Chapter 2- The Photo Shoot3. Chapter 3-  Party Time4. Chapter 4-  Truth of Consequences5. Chapter 5- Dream A Little Dream For Me6. Chapter 6-  If It's Tuesday, This Must Be New York7. Chapter 7  Welcome to Pittsburgh8. Chapter 8  The Pink Elephant in the Living Room9. Chapter 9-  Jennifer's Truth10. Chapter 10-  Dr. Daphne11. Chapter 11-  The Truth Hurts12. Chapter 12-  The Memories Continue13. Chapter 13-  Missing My Partner14. Chapter 14- Reunion15. Chapter 15-  Out Of The Mouths of Babes16. Chapter 16-  Am I the Color Of Your World?17. Chapter 17-  The Artist18. Chapter 18-  Brian Kinney Loves Me19. Chapter 19-  Twenty Questions20. Chapter 20- Living In the Moment21. Chapter 21-  Dinner with the Family22. Chapter 22- Thumpa Thumpa23. Chapter 23-  The Moment of Truth24. Chapter 24- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time25. Chapter 25-  The Talk26. Chapter 26- For the Love of Oreos27. Chapter 27-  Thinking is Over Rated28. Chapter 28-  The Meeting29. Chapter 29-  A Multitude of Conversations30. Chapter 30-  Introspection is a Bitch31. Chapter 31- Moving On Up32. Chapter 32-  It's Off to New York We Go33. Chapter 33-  The Truth Or Is It?34. Chapter 34   Back Home Where I Belong35. Chapter 35-  The Whole Truth36. Chapter 36- Revelations 2.037. Chapter 37-  Family # 238. Chapter 38-  The Truth Hurts39. Chapter 39- Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These40. Chapter 40-  Back to the Old Neighborhood41. Chapter 41-  The Interview42. Chapter 42-  The End of The World Or Is It?43. Chapter 43- Home Sweet Home44. Chapter 44-  What Happens in New York Doesn't Stay in New York45. Chapter 45-  Drama Princess46. Chapter 46- Whispered Words of Encouragement47. Chapter 47- The Explanation48. Chapter 48-The Critic49. Chapter 49-  In New York, We Go Shopping50. Chapter 50- Life Returns To Normal- or Does It?51. Chapter 51- Marry Me52. Chapter 52-  A Night at Babylon53. Chapter 53-Planning a Life In New York54. Chapter 54- A wedding and a Show

 

Unfortunately Justin and Brian had been correct about their assumption regarding Justin's announcement about his return to Pittsburgh.  Both he and Justin were bombarded with calls starting the next morning.

 "Brian, it's Linds," she called as he put his briefcase on his desk.

"I know who it is.  I have caller ID."

"About last night.  You really need to talk to Justin.  He's making a huge mistake.  New York is a chance of a lifetime.  I would have given anything to have his opportunities.  And you just can't let him throw it all away," She said earnestly into the phone as she played with a lock of her blonde hair, putting it behind her ear.

"Linds.  I'm saying this once and only once.  Justin is not your concern.  I don't tell Melanie how you should run your life and you don't get to tell me how Justin should run his."  Brian pushed the button on his computer to boot it up.

"But Brian..."

"Linds, there is no discussion.  How's Gus?"  Brian sat down and typed in his password and clicked on the icon to read his email.

Lindsay sighed as she looked at the phone and shook her head.  She knew she would have to try again in a few days. 

"He's fine.  Now that Justin is here all the time, I'm sure he would love to come over and spend some time with him, maybe make a standing visit. Say every Tuesday.  Justin could pick him up after school and they could spend the day together."  Lindsay thought this solution would be ideal. She knew how much Justin loved Gus and he would never turn an opportunity down to be with him.  If she managed to use Gus to keep Justin occupied then maybe he would realize he couldn't paint and be in Pittsburgh as he had too many family obligations. 

"And then of course, the family dinners on Sunday.  I'm sure that he would love to spend the weekends with you guys.  He just loves to spend time with you and now that Justin is back...."Her voice became animated at the cleverness of her words.

"Stop.   Lindsay, it's not going to work," Brian said the irritation in his voice evident.

"What are you talking about?" She tried to play innocent, but feared she'd been caught.

"We are not the Gus babysitting and entertainment society.  We do love Gus, both of us, but I will not allow you to use our son to distract Justin.  I'm sure we can work out a visiting schedule but Justin has a job, painting and creating pieces to show in the future.  Justin is not going to be Gus' babysitter just because he is in the city." Brian started scanning his inbox, flagging important emails that he would need to read when he got off the phone.

"Brian," she said defeated, a little angry that Brian saw through her little plan.  "I would never..."

"Don't go there, Lindsay.  I have work to do.  I'll talk to Justin about a schedule or something so we can see Gus.  Good bye."

Brian ran his hands through his hair and sighed as he knew this would not be the last attempt from Lindsay, but he finally recognized it for what it was, an attempt to get Justin back to New York.  Only this time, he was ready to commit to his partner and her attempts were fruitless.

Michael was not as clever as Linds, but he tried anyway. He too started calling the day after their dinner with Debbie, but waited until after lunchtime.

"Kinney," Brian said as he answered his phone.

"Brian.  I've been trying to reach you all morning, but every time I call, Cynthia says you're busy. Thankfully she put me through since I told her it was an emergency."

"What's wrong?"  Brian asked as small butterflies formed in his stomach.

 "I can't believe you're okay with Justin moving back to Pittsburgh.  I warned you that he was only using you for your money.  He's not even working.  He just sees you as a sugar daddy,"

 "As I said last night, it's none of your business. And if that's your definition of an emergency, I don't agree."

"This is an emergency or will be if you don't stop Justin now. But Brian... You have to protect yourself." 

"Mikey.  I'm warning you.  Justin is my partner and I'm going to support him."

"Briannnnn..."

"Good bye Mickey."

Michael hung up but tried again a few hours later.

"Brian.  Trust me," Michael said as he spoke quickly into the phone.

"I'm warning you, Mikey.  Leave it," Brian said sternly.

"He's got you..."

Brian hung up, not wanting to listen to his friend any more.

"Cynthia," he yelled as he pushed the intercom button.  "You are not to put any calls through except business and Justin."

"Sure, boss." She frowned as she released her intercom button.  She hated the incessant phone calls from Michael and Lindsay, she didn't want to put the calls through, but you never knew with those two. Not only did they disturb her boss, but when Brian was disturbed it made for an unpleasant work place which often resulted in Brian lashing out as his staff. Now that she had the official word from Brian, she'd be more than happy to not put their calls through. And while she was at it she put in a word with security out front to not allow Lindsay or Michael to come back, should they show up, without her say so.

While Brian had Lindsay and Michael trying to get him to change Justin's mind, Justin's mother called at least every other day wanting to go to lunch or invite them to dinner under the guise of ensuring that Justin was doing okay.  He'd made a special ring tone for her on his phone and chose to ignore her during the day so he could make some headway in his work.  It appeared that his strategy was working as her calls had diminished to 1 a week and she started calling in the early evening. 

Justin had most of the supplies that he needed to paint and create new pieces for his commitment to Carol and any future shows.  He would occasionally go into town to buy an odd tube of paint or some canvas, but Brian had outfitted his studio with everything he needed. Brian had obviously been paying attention to Justin and his needs as an artist.  He wasn't surprised by this since it was Brian's business to pay attention to people. It didn't stop him from being impressed and a little emotional when he first discovered just how thorough Brian was; he really did believe in Justin's work.

Three weeks had passed since that night at Deb's and the calls had finally stopped.  Justin had been busy during the first week setting up residence at Britin.  He didn't have much to unpack from New York and Brian had insisted he buy some new clothing to better represent his status as a recognized artist.  Brian gently explained he had time to shop with Justin now but in a few weeks the spring ad season would start and he would be extremely busy.  Of course, the marathon fuck session that he and Justin enjoyed as part of the convincing argument didn't have any impact on the shopping; he just used it as an excuse to get Justin away from the studio for a day.  Brian had insisted that buying Justin new clothing was part of supporting him and Justin decided that arguing with Brian was a moot point; besides Brian loved shopping and he was definitely in his element. 

Life was good.  Brian and Justin spent their days working and their nights together. They filled their free time with family, Woody's and each other.  They were happy.

"What time is your flight tomorrow?"  Brian asked as they sat down to eat dinner.

"It's at 10:00.  I have to leave here at 7:15 to get to the airport by 8:00.  There are some real disadvantages to living in West Virginia," Justin said with a grumble.

"We could have stayed at the Loft.  That is why we kept it."

"No.  I wanted to be here.  This is our home and the Loft is the Loft.  I wanted to be at home," Justin said wistfully.

"You're a sentimental twat."

"I know.  It's just...  Well...  This is just so new...  I mean we're not new, we've known each other for 7 years... It's just... we're permanent... not living together, but...."

"I get it.  I feel the same way."

"Really?" Justin asked as he gave Brian a huge Sunshine smile.

"Yeah.  It's different this time.  You're taking a business trip but you'll be back in five days.  I know I've done that a thousand times, but this time it is a normal part of our lives."

"Thanks."

Brian frowned.

"I didn't do anything."

"For letting me come home. For supporting me. For giving us a chance.  For believing in me. For loving me."

"You can stop there.  We are not lesbians and even though I'm supporting you and lord knows it's costing me a fortune at the grocery store not to mention the video store, you do not have to shower me with words of thanks."

Justin smiled a knowing smile at Brian, reading the words hidden underneath the words spoken.  Brian understood what Justin was feeling and he felt the same way.  They were a couple and this time when he left, it was expected and understood that he would be returning shortly.  It was not a quick trip to connect like they were long distance lovers nor was it a holiday or other special occasion when he would come in for a whirlwind weekend or extended vacation.  This was a heartfelt goodbye.  He would miss his partner but both of them understood that his work had to come first sometimes and neither was upset that he was leaving.

Justin picked up his fork and ate some spaghetti.  He knew the goodbye part of the conversation was over.  Brian could only take so much touchy feely interaction.  After all, he was still Brian Fucking Kinney and Justin understood Brian's limitations.

"So what are you going to do while I'm gone?  Going to hit the baths, check out the new guys at Babylon?"  Justin jokingly said as he knew that Brian rarely went to those haunts since he'd returned. They hadn't discussed much about their times apart, and Justin didn't want to give Brian a hard time about doing anything. It was part of what made Brian, well, Brian. He also knew Brian would take it as it was meant.

"I've got a client dinner tomorrow night and Gus has a short school break so I told Linds I would take him for the day.  I think we're going to go furniture shopping.  I want to finish his bedroom."

"I wish I wasn't going to New York.  I would love to be with you and Gus," Justin said, the sadness evident in his voice.  "Besides who is going to keep you in check when it comes to decorating Gus' room.  He's 7.  He doesn't need John-Richard furniture."

Brian smiled at Justin. He had been thinking of taking Gus to Perlora, but he decided Justin may be right.  Gus was only 7 and he should just take him to La-Z Boy or something similar.  The thought of stepping into a La-Z Boy store made him shudder. Justin really did know him.  He wondered when that happened, when he let him in, know him so well. But then he decided it didn't matter.  He was his partner and partners knew each other.

"What are your plans for the next three days?" Brian moved the pasta around his plate.  He'd gotten a little more lax in his no carbs after 7:00 rule, but he still didn't eat many of them after his self-imposed deadline.

"I get in to New York about 9:30 and then go directly to Carol's.  She's going to review my new pieces.  She is very anxious to see what I've been doing here.  I don't think she entirely believes me about you being my inspiration, but you've seen the pieces I've done since returning. They're great."

"They are, but I'm biased.  Carol's visit will take the rest of the morning, but what else are you doing?"  Brian took a drink of his beer.

"After I see Carol, I'm going to hook up with Jake.  He and I are going to hang through the afternoon and then he's got a gig that night so I'm going to go with him."

"With him?" Brian's eyebrows rose a few inches and his voice sounded unsure.

"Brian.  I used to go all the time to see Jake.  After the gig, we would hang out and go to my apartment.  Maybe grab a drink.  So, it's just like old times.  I love living here but I miss him, he's a good friend and he doesn't care where I live or work."

"Ok." Brian still didn't trust Jake, but he couldn't argue with wanting to be around friends who didn't bug you constantly about where you work or live or your relationship, he still hated that word.

"The next day I'm supposed to go visit Bretano's, see the space and try to decide where my pieces are going to hang.  Then at night there's supposed to be a show there and I'm to attend, you know get my face known."  Justin said, the excitement barely hidden in his voice.

"And the last day of my visit I'm supposed to be talking to some critics that Carol has lined up for me."  Justin finished his pasta and pushed his plate away.  "I'll be very busy, but it will go by fast.  Will you miss me?"

"Twat.  I'll miss your bubble butt to fuck at my leisure."

This was as close to Brian admitting he would be missed, but it still made Justin's heart sing.  They were truly partners and he had every confidence that his decision would work out.

"Well, we should fuck now - you know store up a few for the road."

"A man after my own heart."

Justin went to the bedroom undressing as he walked to the bed.  Justin placed the lube and the condoms under the pillow for easy access.  He lay on his stomach with his legs spread as he waited for Brian.  Brian walked into the room, eyeing Justin on the bed and he felt his erection point at Justin like the beacon from a lighthouse guiding him home.  Justin was home, his home and he needed to bury himself inside his home. 

He got on the bed crawling up to Justin, draping himself on top of him as he inhaled the unique scent that was Justin.  Nudging his neck he kissed and licked the sensitive area, being careful not to leave his mark, at least not tonight before Justin's trip.  Justin sighed as he relaxed and enjoyed the sensation.  Brian slid down Justin's body kissing and licking the spine until he came to the swell of his buttocks. 

He parted the alabaster globes and blew on the pink pucker. It winked at him in anticipation.  He stuck his tongue out tasting him, immersing himself in Justin, to a place where they were the only ones in the world.  Brian poked his tongue inside, savoring the taste.

Justin wanted Brian, needed him and grabbed for the lube and condoms, handing them back to Brian.  Brian prepped him quickly, needing to be inside of Justin just as urgently.  Pulling Justin up on all fours, he licked Justin from balls to pucker several times and then pushed in slowly savoring the tightness around his cock.  He inched out and then pushed in again, this time with a little more thrust. Justin pushed back, signaling he was just as anxious for Brian as Brian was for him.  Brian grabbed Justin's hips and slammed into him.  He pulled almost all the way out and then slammed in a second and then a third time.

"Justinnnnnn," Brian cried out as shuddered into the condom.

"Ahhhhhh," Justin yelled as he felt himself coming as well. 

Brian grabbed the condom and pulled out of Justin, and then threw it away.  He rolled over and lay on the bed and Justin lay on his stomach next to him. 

"Ready for round two?"  Justin asked after a few minutes to allow his heart rate to return normal.

"Twat."  Brian grabbed Justin and kissed him as he climbed on top of his partner, ready for a second round of love making. 

They made love three times before they lay exhausted on the bed.

"I better get some sleep.  I've got a busy few days."

"Wouldn't want you to fall asleep in Carol's office."

"I'll call you when I land."

"Okay.  What time's your flight come back?"

"About 4:00.  Just have the service pick me up.  Rush hour is such a hassle."

"We'll see."  Brian said as he kissed Justin on the lips.  He pushed Justin over to his side and wrapped his arm around him. Brian closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep. 

Justin closed his eyes and fell asleep, too.  He dreamed of New York, saw his paintings hanging in Bretano's; the critics surrounding him, but then the picture of the stalker came in to focus and he shot up in bed. Luckily Brian did not wake up.  He waited until his heart stopped racing and then closed his eyes hoping to get some sleep before his journey.  He hoped his nightmare were not a premonition.

 

TBC