- Text Size +

 

Cat and Mouse

Part 9

"So tell me what the fuck's going on," Justin demanded as Brian closed the door to his room.

"Daphne said I should come after you," Brian said with the hint of a smile.

"Oh right, yeah, and you do whatever Daphne tells you," Justin snorted.

"In this case I do."

"What case?"

"Your case," Brian said slowly. "I … I really don't know what I'm doing, but I felt the need to follow you." Brian shook his head in despair. He could never explain this properly.

Justin studied the man in front of him. "Where's the confident, arrogant asshole that I've grown to know and … that I've grown to know?" Justin asked catching himself before he said too much.

"He's probably still on Liberty Avenue in Pittsburgh. I'm just some poor schmo who's completely out of his depth."

Justin stared at Brian for a second and then he burst out laughing. "You, a poor schmo! That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say."

"Hey, I can be a poor schmo with the best of them."

"Of course you can't," Justin laughed. "You'd give poor schmos a bad rap."

"Well … well, they deserve it," Brian countered. This was getting ridiculous.

"Really … why are you here?" Justin asked getting serious.

"I told you that we need to talk."

"And when I tell you to talk you start telling me about 'Daphne made you do it' and poor schmos."

"I never said I was good at this."

"Enough, Brian, just go away, back to Pittsburgh and then I can have my room back."

"I can't."

"And why is that?"

"Your mother will have my nuts here and Daphne will ream my ass when I get home."

"Maybe you are a schmo," Justin said frowning. "Afraid of two women, what a pussy!" He stifled a giggle.

"Hey, watch who you're calling a pussy. I'm a panther."

"And don't I know it," Justin giggled not able to fight the ridiculousness of this conversation any longer.

"Look," Brian said taking a deep breath. "Come to dinner with me and after five or six bottles of wine maybe I'll be able to tell you why I'm here."

"Is that all it will take."

Brian nodded. "Maybe seven," he said looking up from under his eyelids like a mischievous little child.

Justin's heart melted. He still held his sketchbook in his arms and he so wanted to open it and capture that look on paper. He tried to memorize it so he could draw it later. "If I say I'll go, will you actually try to explain?"

Brian nodded again. "I promise … to try," he said after a lengthy pause.

"All right," Justin said looking at his watch. "Let me change and then we can go to Antonio's. It's late enough that we shouldn't have any trouble getting in."

Brian smiled and Justin remembered the look on Brian's face in the sketch in his book. That was it. God, this man was so fucking adorable sometimes, especially when you didn't have the all consuming urge to kill him.

Justin went to the door and opened it. "Be ready in ten minutes," Justin said. He was in control. This was his turf and he would handle this the way he wanted. And right now he wanted some answers.

As Justin closed the door behind him, he felt his knees go rubbery. He had managed to hold it all together and not look like a wimp or an idiot or a lovesick fool. It had taken a lot to do that, but he wasn't going to let Brian Kinney beat him. He started slowly down the hall to his mother's room to get some clothes. He could take a quick shower if he could get his feet to move properly. His head was whirling with thoughts about what Brian wanted and why he was there. This was so unlike everything he knew about the man. Brian Kinney didn't go after anybody, they came to him, like bees to a hive or he trapped them like mice in a maze. He got his legs working properly and hurried to the shower off his mother's bedroom. Maybe some hot water would wake him up and prepare him for whatever his dinner with Brian Kinney might produce.

Brian and Justin sat at a window in Antonio's. The sun was just about gone and the sunset had been spectacular. They had ridden in silence from the B and B. Now they had placed their orders and Brian was well into that first bottle of wine that he said he would need in order to explain why he was there.

Justin watched Brian looking for a clue about what to say or not say to the man. Brian drank in silence hoping liquid courage would get him through the evening.

"I guess you weren't kidding about the seven bottles of wine," Justin said after a bit.

"I rarely kid."

"Then what have you been doing with me?"

Brian frowned. "I haven't been doing anything with you."

"You've been playing me."

"Is … is that what you think?"

"Well, it's the truth, isn't it?"

Brian let out a long breath. This was even worse than he thought. "That is not the fucking truth!" Brian scowled.

Justin looked startled. "It's not?"

"It may have started out that way," Brian admitted. "I love the chase and you are a very desirable target."

"Thanks, I think," Justin chuckled nervously. That admission threw him a little.

"You are… but … I don't know what to say."

"Just try; I want to know."

"I think I've handled everything wrong since the first time we met," Brian admitted.

"I felt like a little mouse trapped by the huge house cat," Justin said truthfully.

"Hey, I'm not a house cat. I'm a predator of the jungle … the jungle called Liberty Avenue."

"Of course, how could I make that mistake?" Justin giggled.

"I need another bottle of wine," Brian said.

"Only if you let me drive home."

"Hmm, home, I like the sound of that," Brian said as he signaled for another bottle.

Justin watched Brian finish off his glass and wait for the wine steward to pour some more. He hoped Brian wouldn't get too drunk, but that seemed highly unlikely the way the man was going. Just then their salads arrived and Justin hoped some food might help with Brian's intake of alcohol. They ate in silence for a bit.

"I can't believe you got my mother to cooperate in this…whatever it is," Justin said as he munched on a piece of lettuce.

"I didn't." Justin gave him a quizzical look. "It was Daphne."

"What the hell does Daphne say to people to get them to do these things?"

"Doesn't she get you to do things too?"

"Well … yes."

"She has a knack for pointing out the truth even when you don't want to see it." Brian smiled and shook his head.

"Yeah, she does. What truth did she spring on you?"

Blue eyes stared into hazel ones and Brian knew he needed to answer honestly. He took a long drink from his wine glass. This would be hard to get out.

"She asked me what my life would be in a couple of years if I walked away from you." Brian pushed pieces of lettuce and tomato around his plate not wanting to look at Justin.

Justin's eyes were very large. "And what did you tell her?"

"I didn't tell her anything. I said my life was just fine, and I knew it would be like it had always been. Only, the strange thing was, after I thought about it for awhile that didn't seem as attractive as it used to. I knew I would be missing something if I didn't make an attempt to see what we … what we might have … together."

"No shit!" Justin reacted.

"No shit, sunshine."

"Do you think there can be a 'we'?"

"That's what I came here to find out."

The main course arrived and they dug into the delicious seafood not talking for a few minutes. That didn't mean they weren't thinking though.

"Remember that movie we discussed in the park?" Justin asked.

"The one that we made the bet about?"

"Yeah, Don Juan de Marco."

"What about it?"

"I think I have the answer."

"As to whether Johnny Depp really is Don Juan?" Brian asked with a smile. This ought to be good.

"Yep."

"So what's your expert opinion?"

"In his head he's Don Juan. I think he created a fantasy and then got trapped in it. He is Don Juan as far as he's concerned and he can't think otherwise. That makes him crazy in the eyes of society."

Brian looked at Justin. The kid had nailed it. He wondered how someone so young could be so smart. "And who told you that? Your mother?"

"Fuck you, Kinney. I have a brain. I think for myself."

"I … I didn't mean to… Shit! I don't know what I mean to do," Brian stammered polishing off his latest glass of wine. He poured another.

"So did I win the bet?" Justin asked taking pity on the man.

"I guess I'll have to pay for dinner then," Brian chuckled.

"Hey, you invited me. You were paying anyway. I expect another dinner, a victory dinner," Justin declared with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Brian smiled, that genuine smile that Justin was learning to love. "I think that can be arranged." The thought of another dinner with Justin meant there was hope about what was happening between them. Brian signaled for another bottle of wine.

"Are you sure you need that?" Justin asked.

"I wouldn't if I thought we were making progress," Brian admitted.

"We are."

"We are?" Brian took that as a hopeful sign.

"Couldn't you tell?"

"I told you I don't know what I'm doing. This is all new to me."

"Then tell them to keep the wine," Justin said. Brian signaled the waiter to take the bottle back. "And then you can take me for a walk in the moonlight."

"I can?"

"And we'll have a lovely time."

"We will?"

"Guaranteed," Justin grinned.

Shortly after, they left the restaurant to walk along the docks. Brian was still relatively sober even after all he had drunk. He looked at Justin's face in the moonlight and his heart leapt. He pulled the young man against his body making sure that Justin could feel his hard cock as he kissed the boy to within an inch of his life.

Justin felt himself melt into Brian's arms. Their tongues dueled and their hands explored. The kiss went on and on and left them both breathless.

"I need you," Brian whispered admitting something he had never said to anyone else.

"Can we take this slow?" Justin whispered. He couldn't stop the spike of fear Brian's words caused. He needed Brian as much as the man needed him, but that left him far too vulnerable. They hadn't come to any understanding about what would happen after, and he couldn't allow himself to have sex with Brian until he knew.

"I'm not sure I can wait much longer," Brian gasped as he captured Justin's lips again. His hand reached down and stroked Justin's hard on. The boy gasped and backed away.

"We better go back," Justin said feeling unsteady on his legs. Now he fully understood how someone could make you weak in the knees.

"Do we have to?"

"Come on, you're half drunk and I … I need to think."

"You know you do far too much thinking," Brian said with a chuckle as Justin pulled him towards the car.

"So I've been told. But it also depends on what part of the body is doing the thinking." Justin looked knowingly at Brian.

"Touché," Brian saluted.

Justin chuckled knowing Brian had gotten his meaning. "I'm driving," he said holding out his hand for the keys to the Jeep.

Brian sighed and handed Justin the keys. He climbed into the passenger seat. Justin started the car and they drove in silence back to the B and B. When they pulled into the parking lot alongside the B and B, Justin stopped the car and cut the engine, but neither of them made a move to get out.

"Where do we go from here?" Brian asked.

"I think we can play it by ear for a bit," Justin said.

"What does that mean?"

"Take it slow like I said before."

Brian groaned. "Can I at least…?"

When Brian didn't complete that statement Justin said," Kiss me."

Brian was happy to oblige as Justin leaned toward him. Their lips met with the same sizzle they had experienced every time they touched. Brian found his cock immediately hard and a brush of his fingers over Justin's groin told him Justin's cock was too. Brian crushed Justin's lips against his own using his other hand to increase the pressure on the back of Justin's head. Brian's tongue delved into the willing mouth exploring and tasting and demanding. Justin seemed to melt into his body and Brian groaned loudly at the close contact. He honestly didn't know how much more of this he could take.

Brian's hand reached for the zipper of Justin's pants. Surprisingly Brian didn't feel Justin pull away. Slowly he slid the zipper down and insinuated his hand inside Justin's underwear. The boy moaned and kissed Brian harder. Brian let his hand rub up and down the pulsing shaft. Justin squirmed beneath him as the kiss went on and on. Brian increased the speed of his rubbing. Suddenly he felt Justin stiffen in his arms and he felt the warm sticky cum erupt all over his hand.

Justin gasped and pushed Brian away. In the darkness lit only by a descending moon Brian couldn't read the expression on Justin's face. The next thing he knew he was sitting in the passenger seat of the Jeep all by himself. Justin was gone.

Justin ran into the house. He started to head for his room when he remembered that it was now Brian's room. He couldn't go there. The house was in darkness. Everyone seemed to have turned in including his mother. He couldn't go to her room with cum all over his trousers and his head spinning in a most disconcerting way. He headed for the kitchen hoping he could hide out there until he pulled himself together.

Brian sat in the car for a minute wondering why Justin had run from him once again. Neither of them could deny the intensity of what they felt when they touched or kissed or jacked off. Brian groaned at the throbbing monster still contained within his pants. He needed that kid like he had never needed anyone before. He tried to adjust his trousers to a more comfortable position but his hand grazed his cock and he almost came in his pants like a horny teenager. Maybe that was Justin's problem. He was embarrassed at coming so quickly. Brian let his mind wander only to find his hand stroking his dick which was begging for relief. He needed to go inside and jerk off in the shower where there would be no evidence of what the blond teenager did to him when they were together.

Justin removed his pants and his underwear and wiped himself off. He wanted to take a shower and jack off some more. What he had felt with Brian had been so intense. He didn't know how he had found the strength to get out of the car, but he didn't want Brian to see his embarrassment, to see how easy he truly was, to see what power the man had over him. He looked at his good trousers. He'd have to get them cleaned. He threw his underwear in the laundry and slid back into his pants.

As Justin was cleaning himself up, Brian opened the front door of the B and B. He hoped he could get to his room without waking anyone or meeting Jennifer. He made his way up the stairs thanking whatever deity was watching over him that night as he reached the door to his room, Justin's room. Shit! The thought made him harder than ever. He could almost see the boy laid out in all his glory on the bed on the other side of the door. Brian gave his head a good shake trying to get the thought out of his mind. He opened the door of the room to darkness except for the light of the moon. He made his way inside glancing at the empty bed and imagining what he wanted to be there instead. He quickly made his way to the shower where his right hand could be alone with his dick.

Justin heard the front door open as he was zipping up his pants. He waited to see if Brian would look for him in the kitchen. He wanted Brian to find him, but he didn't know what the hell he would do if the man came through the kitchen door. He wanted Brian with every part of his body. One part was coming to life again at the thought of Brian throwing him over the kitchen table and fucking his ass off. He groaned and then held his breath waiting to see if Brian would come to the kitchen.

When nothing happened he moaned involuntarily at the sense of loss for what he might have experienced. Then he held his chin up knowing it was better if he kept his resolve, such as it was. He knew deep inside himself that if Brian had come through the kitchen door, he would have let the man do anything to him that he wanted. Justin heard the shower go on upstairs. That must be Brian. He wished he was in the shower with the man, his shower. And then they could be in his bed together like they ought to be.

Justin shook his head. Where the fuck were these thoughts coming from? He had to stop this. He heard the shower go off and wondered if Brian was in his bed, the bed that Justin had slept in for so many years. Justin groaned and stroked himself. He pulled his dick out of his pants and stroked harder. It didn't take much to make Justin come. All he had to do was to think of the beautiful man upstairs in his bed and he was gone. He cleaned himself up once again and slowly made his way upstairs. He prayed to whatever god might be looking down on him that his mother would be asleep. He didn't want to have to answer any of her questions tonight, especially since he didn't have any answers at all.