- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

I stopped by the hospital to check on a few patients. I ran into Brandon, only to find out the Hen’s told his grandmother too. I invited Brandon to eat lunch with me at the restaurant near the hospital, since it was lunch time. I called Brian to see if he wanted to eat lunch together earlier, but he needed to deal with things at Kinnetik and wanted to be done in time to pick up the kids. 

 

“My grandmother told me if I ever do what you did, she would kick my ass,” Brandon tells me.

 

“They really like Brian, so hopefully they won’t get too out of control,” I tell him.

 

“It gives me hope. If Brian could settle down, maybe I can too,” Brandon tells me.

 

“Only if you really want it. Brian was ready for it, and Brian doesn’t do anything halfway,” I tell him.

 

“I knew he’d slowed down in the last few years, but I just figured no one caught his interest. When Gran told me about you two getting married, I was sort of jealous,” He tells me.

 

 “You were never interested in more than a booty call with me,” I tell him.

 

“You were never interested,” He tells me.

 

“Justin?” 

 

I turned around to see Robin, one of the surgeons that worked with Daphne.

 

“Hey, how have you been?” I ask him.

 

“Good. I heard you and Brian are together,” He tells me, sitting down when I waved to a seat.

 

“I heard how you found out,” I laugh, as Brandon cleared his throat. “Brandon, Robin,” I introduce them.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Brandon tell him, staring at him.

 

“I think I’m going to start hanging out with you, since you seem to be surrounded by hot guys,” Robin tells me, joking.

 

“Now that Justin’s married, why not hang out with me,” Brandon tells him.

 

“On that note, I need to pick up my daughter. We plan to have a dinner in a couple of days, why don’t both of you come,” I tell them, getting up. Not that either of them seems to notice I'm leaving, or even seems to hear me.

 

“Sure, I’ll call you,” Brandon says, distracted by Robin.

 

I kissed the top of Brandon’s head, just to annoy him, before heading out to my car. Brian and I were going to pick up the kids first and take them out to eat. We wanted to celebrate with just them tonight. I got to Kinnetik and got attacked by Cynthia.

 

“Were you drunk, high, or incapacitated in any way when he roped you into this marriage?” She asks, staring intently into my eyes.

 

“Perfectly sober and willing,” I tell her.

 

“Good. Because if you were any of the things I mentioned, I’d find a way to keep you two together. He’s almost human lately,” She jokes.

 

We walked into Brian’s office while I told her about my family reunion. She started laughing when I went to check if Ted was okay. He looked like he was in shock, or having a heart attack.

 

“You… he…” Ted stuttered.

 

“I… he, what?” I ask.

 

“Yes, Theodore,” Brian tells him, sighing. “We went over the fact that Justin and I are married seven times already,” 

 

“Seriously, you married Brian? I thought you were smart,” Ted tells us, seeming to think it was funny.

 

“I couldn’t resist marrying the ultimate bachelor,” I tell him.

 

“Marrying who?” Emmett asks coming in.

 

“Brian,” Ted tells him.

 

“Teddy you love Blake, Brian was the fantasy until we found our own hunks,” Emmett tells him.

 

“Like I’d marry Theodore. Justin saved me that fate,” Brian tells him.

 

“What? Say that again, and make sure I hear ‘Emmett, Justin and I are PLANNING to get married, and knew we couldn’t do it without you to make it fabulous.’ If not, then Justin will be a widow,” Emmett tells me.

 

“Emmett, Justin and I are married, and you and my brand new Mommy are PLANNING the dinner to celebrate it. Which will be a challenge, because you get to plan it with the kids, since they will likely be thrilled that we did what they wanted,” Brian tells him.

 

“For that, I’m calling Grandma and the Hens,” Emmett tells him.

 

“Too late, they know,” Brian tells him.

 

“I hate you. It could have cemented me as the favorite. I’ll call my other Mommy and gather my minions to help me,” Emmett tells him.

 

“We have to go and get the kids. When you need Gus and Gwen, let us know,” Brian tells them, as he gathers his things.

 

“When do you want everything done?” Emmett asks.

 

“We were thinking tomorrow,” Brian tells Emmett, who looked at Brian like he was crazy.

 

“Teddy we need to go and gather the troops. Cynthia, I need you too,” Emmett dragged Ted out of the chair, and out behind us. 

 

BRIAN

 

Justin and I took the kids to the Italian place we ate at the day we met again. We were both trying to figure out how to tell the kids what we did. It was spur of the moment and the only regret I had was that the kids weren’t there. Gus and Gwen were doing this silent communication they developed with each other as Jenny seems to want to order everything on the menu. When the pizzas arrived, Gus looked at the food and then at me, since there wasn’t a salad in sight. 

 

“What’s going on?” Gus asks.

 

“We’re eating,” Jenny tells him.

 

“Dad is eating pizza,” Gus tells her, as if that explains everything.

 

“Bine eats pizza with Daddy,” Jenny tells him.

 

“He eats it at our house, normally in the middle of the night,” Gwen tells him.

 

“How would you know?” Justin asks Gwen.

 

“Um, well,” Gwen looks at me, trying not to rat me out for letting her sit with me in the middle of the night.

 

“She found me when she went to get a drink one night,” I tell him.

 

“DAD, what’s going on?” Gus asks again.

 

“Justin and I need to tell you guys something,” I tell him.

 

“I thought everything was good,” Gus says, looking unhappy.

 

“Why would you think it wasn’t?” I ask.

 

“Well, you took us to eat the good stuff, and you both look like you don’t know how to tell us something. Which sucks you know, I finally have grandparents, and you and Justin...” 

 

“Are married,” I interrupt him.

 

“What?” Gus and Gwen ask.

 

“We decided, if we were going to live together, there was no reason not to get married. We didn’t want you two upset because you weren’t at the wedding,” I tell them.

 

“I’m so telling Poppy on you. She wanted to plan the wedding with Emmett,” Gwen tells Justin.

 

“Emmett is planning the dinner we're going to have to celebrate that we got married.” I tell her.

 

“Are we mad about this?” Gwen asks Gus.

 

“I don’t know. I mean, it’s what we wanted. But I know you and Poppy wanted to wear princess dresses and throw flowers and stuff. Me, I just wanted the food. I mean, I’m sure the dresses would look pretty, but maybe Dad will let you wear one to dinner,” Gus tells her.

 

“We don’t have princess dresses,” Gwen tells us, sad.

 

“Hello. Meet our Dad, Versace’s reason for designing,” Gus tells her, pointing at me with his pizza.

 

“I promise to be happy if I get a princess dress, Daddy,” Gwen pleads with me, and shit, I melted. Then looked up into the tear filled eyes of my best friend.