- Text Size +

BRIAN


I figured Michael would be eating his normal brunch with his neighbors, since he didn't like them coming to the diner after the first time. Deb made sure they got the full experience of the diner. After having to wait as they complained about the food, the clientele, and how the topics of conversations were the reason straight people saw gay people as inferior Deb got their orders, calmly waited until they started lecturing the street hustlers about getting real jobs then she brought over a plate of corn dogs and told them once they finished eating them they could each replace the sticks in their asses with a new one, as all the other diners cheered her on. Michael decided not to bring his new friends there again.


When we walked in, Deb was talking to Emmett, but broke into a big smile when she looked up. No doubt Emmett had filled her in on everything, probably making bets on if the date lasted longer than twenty seconds.


“Have a seat, and I’ll be right there,” Deb tells us, grabbing a coffee pot.


“Are you going to introduce us?” Emmett asked, sitting next to Daphne, as Deb hurried over.


“Justin, Daphne, this is Emmett and Deb. If you don’t want the world to know your secrets don’t tell it to the Queen, or his minion, ” I tell them.


“How did you and Brian meet?” Deb asks, smacking me for my comment.


“He’s Jenny and Gus’s pediatrician, Dr Taylor,” I tell her.


“Sorry about my son,” Deb tells him, laughing.


“It’s been interesting, but nothing I don’t deal with when parents worry,” Justin tells her.


“Sweetie, we’ve all been hearing it. You can say it, they're one step from the Hatfields and the Mccoys,” Emmett tells him.


“Never mind my son, the ‘expert’ in child rearing. What do you think of this one?” She asks sticking her thumb at me.


“He’s growing on me,” Justin tells me, rubbing his hand over my hard on.


“DR TAYLOR!!!” Poppy screams, running ahead of Ted and Blake.


“What about AUNTIE EM?” Emmett pouts, giggling at Poppy, who is climbing over me to get to Justin.


“Hi Auntie Em,” Poppy tells Emmett while staring at Justin. “I ate all my vegetables, and my daddies took me to see a movie. I made sure to brush my teeth really good. My daddies didn’t even have to tell me to, cause I wanted to make sure I still had my pretty smile you like,” Poppy tells Justin.


“She seems to have a little crush on you,” Blake tells Justin.


“It seems all kids do when it comes to Justin,” Daphne tells us.


“I guess Lindsay and Michael didn’t scare you off,” Ted tells Justin.


“It wasn’t as bad as you and Brian seem to think. I've had worse come in for a cold that somehow the parents thought was an exotic disease because they looked up the symptoms, and some of them matched a cold,” Justin tells us. “Okay, so they were a little over the top,” He concedes, when he could tell none of us were buying it.


“Dr Taylor, why are you with him?” Poppy whispers, pointing at me.


“He's someone I like,” He tells her.


“I like Gus, but it's a secret. My daddies told me you were too old for me,” She whispers to him, loud enough for all of us to hear and laugh.


“Poppy, how about we let Dr Taylor eat?” Blake asks.


“Okay, but Mr Brian better be nice to Dr Taylor,” She tells me, adding a glare to warn me, before kissing my cheek.


“You've been warned,” Emmett tells me, laughing as he went to join Blake and Ted.


“Have Brian bring you to dinner one night. I like to get to know anyone involved with my boys,” Deb tells him, before wandering off.


“I like your friends,” Justin tells me.


“Remember that, and excuse the others when they realize were seeing each other,” I tell him.


“Why?” Daphne asks.


“They tend to say things about my past that make me sound like an asshole. Some of it was true before, but it's not true now,” I tell them.


“If I have a problem with something they say, I'll ask. Otherwise I’ll go with what you show me is the real you,” Justin tells me.


We finished eating with Justin promising not to judge Deb based on what Michael says or does. Daphne took off, saying she needed to get some sleep. Justin and I walked around looking at the shops, stopping when he wanted to look for something for Gwen. Then pointing out things that Gus or Jenny would like. Telling me he got kids comfortable by talking about what they like to do. He didn’t make it sound like a big deal that he didn’t just treat his patients and forget them. We ended up back at my loft, once again tearing off our clothes. I laid there catching my breath, thinking something was wrong when we couldn’t get enough of each other.


“What is it about you that turns me into a sex starved slut?” Justin asks, looking at me.


“Not complaining, since it works for me,” I tell him, leaning in to kiss him.


My door opened and I groaned, because it could only be one of two people. Justin gave me a look, one that asked why people have keys.


“There was a time in my life where I stupidly thought they understood what an emergency key is for. Stay here and I'll get rid of the person,” I whisper.


“Briiiii...aan, are you here?” Michael screeches.


“Michael, we should have called him, instead of just showing up,” Ben admonishes him.


Too bad Ben didn’t listen to himself but just barged right in with Michael. I walked out after throwing on sweats and walking to the kitchen to keep them from seeing Justin in my bed. Michael trying to see into the bedroom was a strong argument for installing doors to the bedroom, or possibly changing my locks.


“What are you two doing in my den of sin? Wait, or is it wanting to use my den for a cause?” I ask, making coffee.


“Brian, we just want to help kids not to think following in your footsteps will lead them to the success you became in life and in the bedroom,” Mikey jokes, which was an example of what Justin would be dealing with.


“They come to party, not sit with Ma and Pa while you try to assimilate them into your cult,” I tell him.


“So I guess the date didn’t go well last night,” Michael says, holding up Justin’s briefs.


“It went. But like I told you, until I know where it’s going I don’t plan on talking about it,” I tell him, grabbing them out of Michael’s hands.


“If it did then why are you screwing up already with a trick? Unless it was just a trick with food last night. We had to order out, because Emmett made it sound like your date was more important that my dinner party,” Mikey complains.


“We can’t expect Emmett to always help us, especially when you don’t plan ahead. He has other clients,” Ben tells him.


“He should be happy to help, since the parties we have are with people wanting to help the gay community,” Mikey tells him.


“If it was more than for your neighborhood, then I’m sure Emmett would,” I tell them, thinking that the block party they threw to save the playground didn’t really give Emmett a reason to turn down paying clients.


“We also want to help get hustlers off the street. If I hadn’t been partying with you every night, Hunter might not have ever had to do the things he did,” Mikey tells me.


“Remind me again how you didn’t even want Hunter because he was a street hustler, and ‘someone who could rob you blind’,” I tell him, rolling my eyes.


“I didn’t know him then,” Mikey tells me, like that made any sense.


“Why are you here? I assumed you guys would be busy talking about the dinner party with Marve and Eddy,” I tell him.


“It’s Monty and Eli,” Michael tells me.


“Okay, but why are you here?” I ask.


“I wanted to talk to you about Jenny and Gus. I’m tired of the girls treating both of us like we don’t have a say in the kid’s lives. If we show them that we support each other they’ll figure out they can’t run over us,” He tells me.


“Right now I only care that Jenny can hear. I don’t support you or the girls for caring more about who to blame,” I tell them, as we hear my bathroom door shut. “I have plans, so it’s time for you to go,” I tell them.


“Way to show your concern for my Honeybun,” He grumbles, as I open my door.


“Brian doesn’t have to hold your hand, he’s allowed a life,” Ben tells him.


“He’s been telling us he wants a relationship, but once again he’s tricking the day away. What’s the count up to three, four, or five tricks today?” Mikey says loudly.


The bathroom door opens and Justin comes out dressed. “I need to get back to my house. If you want to come over after your friends visit, I’ll cook this time,” Justin tells me, kissing me. “I enjoyed last night... and all day today,” He tells me, smiling at Michael and Ben.


“Brian was the reason you didn’t come over to my dinner?” Michael asks him.


“Michael,” Ben warns.


“At least he would have met people who were interested in a relationship. Which Brian keeps saying he wants, but apparently lied about, since it’s obvious what they were doing,” Michael tells us.


“Michael, leave it alone,” Ben tells him.


“Jason was disappointed when he thought Brian was serious,” Mikey tells me and Ben.


“Why would he be disappointed, and who the hell is Jason?” I ask.


“It’s been interesting, but I’m going to go,” Justin tells me, shaking his head at Michael.


“My friend Walter was excited when I mentioned you,” Michael tells Justin, making me want to shove Michael down the stairs.


“Great, but I’m seeing Brian right now and unless that changes, well even if it does, Walter will just have to get excited about someone else,” Justin tells him, walking out and running down the stairs.


“Brian, he’s not your normal type. Why waste his time when he could meet someone else?” Michael yells as Ben pulls him out the door.


I texted Justin, hoping he hadn’t really gone to his house. ‘They’re gone, you can come back now,’

 

‘Food is a must, be back when I finish picking up dinner and breakfast.’ He replies, making me smile that he planned to still be here tomorrow.