- Text Size +

MEL


Angry doesn’t cover even half of what I feel right now toward Michael. What bothers me more is that this isn't even surprising to me. It's classic Michael. Thinking he knows everything. Running over anything that doesn't fit what he wants. Half our problems with Jenny come from him believing he's a fucking expert on everything. Now for some reason I'm pissed for fucking Brian, which is why Michael isn’t going to slink away, thinking he did nothing wrong.


Ted let me know everyone went straight home after it happened, so it means Michael can hide what he did from Deb. Lately, even Deb finds it hard to defend Michael. I knocked, listening to Michael and Ben arguing, hoping Ben will sit this one out. Normally I can depend on Ben to be the rational one, but with all the blame we threw around, none of us were being rational lately. It’s not something I like to admit, but Brian was right, we were too busy blaming each other and forgetting Jenny didn’t need arguing parents. Shit.


“Mel, now isn't a good time,” Ben tells me.


“It's never a good time when your husband causes problems...” I tell him, pushing past him.


Michael was sitting on the couch with his arms crossed, pouting, until he saw me walk in.


“What’s wrong, is Honeybun okay?” He asks.


“Jenny is fine, she was thrilled that her ‘Bine’ put her to bed tonight. What’s not fine is that you went out of your way to hurt Brian’s relationship with Justin,” I gritted out, not raising my voice.


“It’s not like I knew he was going to see anything wrong with Brian dancing with someone,” He tells me, trying to defend what he did.


“No. You just hoped. Why did you do it? You’ve been the one foaming at the mouth for Brian to get in a ‘real relationship’. Yet the minute he does, you try to stop it. All you accomplished tonight was to show Brian how little of a friend you really are to him. He was fucking happy with Justin!” I said, as my voice raised to the point where I ended up screaming.


“How can you say he’s happy, when he stopped spending time with anyone but him?” Michael whines.


“Why would his happiness have anything to do with spending time with anyone else?” Ben asks.


“Until Justin, he always met us at Woody’s and came to our parties. Since he’s been with Justin, it’s like we aren’t good enough for him,” Michael tell him.


“Michael, Brian didn’t even like coming to the parties. He only came because you wouldn’t leave him alone unless he came,” Ben tells him.


“Well, now even Emmett and Ted are avoiding them. I bet Justin invites them over just to spite me,” He tells us.


“Are you serious? You think Brian wanting to spend time with his boyfriend is any different from when you and Ben were first dating and you spent less time around everyone, including your mother?” I ask him.


“Ma didn’t like Ben back then. I was tired of hearing her say I shouldn’t be with him,” Michael tells me.


“You don’t like Justin for some reason, why would Brian want him to spend time with you?” I ask.


“I like him as our pediatrician. I just don’t see how Brian could be serious about him if all they’re doing is repeat tricking on their dates. I want Brian to find someone who at least wants the same things that we do,” Michael tells us.


“Why the fuck would it matter, since it’s Brian’s relationship, and not yours? You and Ben’s relationship isn’t the model that everyone has to live by. Why would you think Brian would want what you have?” I ask.


“He’s my best friend, I know him,” He tells me smugly.


“Do you? Because from what I heard, he isn’t feeling the same way after the stunt you pulled tonight. Do you understand what me being here defending Brian means? It means that the man I watched put your daughter to bed tonight didn’t think you knew anything about him. It’s one thing to want him to find happiness, but it’s another when you go out of your way to fuck him over because it wasn’t with someone YOU wanted him to be with. I really thought you were over you’re problems of jealousy where Brian was concerned, but tonight makes me wonder if you are. One other thing while I’m still pissed at you. Our daughter needs us to be her parents. As her mother, I’m no longer going to argue with you, no matter what you do to bait me. Jenny and Gus are going to see that, as their mother, all I care about is that they grow up healthy and happy. If you have a problem with that, then keep it to yourself, because all our children need from all of us is to see that we are all adults, not just Brian,” I tell him, staring at him daring him to contradict me.


“Ben, I know I’ve been a pain in the ass when you and Michael take Jenny, but we need to stop and see it’s only going to have Jenny confused that none of us are getting along. I think it would help if we started doing things the way Lindsay and I have with Brian, which we haven’t done with you two,” I tell him, because Lindsay and I aren’t being fair to them either.


“Which is?” Michael asks.


“With Brian, we include him on all the decisions, because it wasn’t fair to him when he was helping to support Gus, in any way we needed, not just financially. Which he does more than for just Gus. Which also means understanding that if there is something that involves Jenny that you discuss it with us too,” I tell Ben, because I need his help when it comes to Michael.


“We can agree to that, and I want you to know I didn’t agree with what I found out Michael did tonight. I thought he invited Justin, and that when Michael told me that Justin declined the invitation, that Brian knew he wasn’t coming,” Ben tells me.


“Why are you making excuses to me? It’s not me who was hurt tonight. It’s also not your fault that Michael screwed Brian over. Again. For once, step back and let him deal with the bullshit he caused, all by himself,” I tell Ben.


“Michael, he isn’t going to just let you go on this one. He supported you when you wanted to be with Ben, even when he was as concerned as the rest of us. Think about that when you get some brilliant idea that only ends up hurting the man you run around screaming is your BEST FRIEND. Before I go, remember that your mother will hear about this,” I tell him, smiling as I leave, hearing him groan.


JUSTIN


Daphne left a couple hours ago, after slamming the door in Brian’s face. I walked outside to my backyard, just wanting darkness, since my mood was the same. I’ll admit that I overreacted, but it wasn’t pleasant to see him with someone else wrapped around him. Part of the problem was that my initial reaction was to go over to the guy and kick his ass for touching Brian. I don’t like the way it felt, and it scared me to think that I could want to hurt someone over Brian.


There was also that he lied to me about where he was going. Why lie when he could have just told me he wanted to go out with his friends? They were all staring at me, with that look people get when they feel bad for you. Watching the shit the people in the country club did to my mother when they all knew my father was cheating on her. Giggling about it behind her back, while telling her they were sorry that he was a cheating asshole. That wasn’t the life I planned to live again.


It was that kind of shit that made Daphne and me separate ourselves from our upbringing. I wanted to teach Gwen to judge people for what they do, not how much money they had.


I looked up when I heard a noise, and there was Brian trying to climb over the eight foot wall that surrounded my backyard. I rolled my eyes when he sat at the top and smiled like he’d climbed a mountain.


“I’m really not in the mood for excuses tonight.” I tell him.


“It’s my birthday, so could you listen as my present?” He asks.


“Happy Birthday. I would have said something if you’d told me.” I tell him.


“I don’t usually tell anyone, because there’s never been anything happy about my birth. Every year I celebrated by fucking a guy for every year I managed to be here. It took days as the years went on, but it helped me forget why I hated them so much. I did have a late meeting, but it wasn’t the only reason I didn’t come over,” He tells me.


“What was your other reason?” I ask.


“You make me happy. Something that I never associated with today. Someone told me I was full of shit when I said I didn’t want to be at the party tonight. She’ll never know how right she was. I keep telling myself I didn’t want to be there, but I stayed because it was exactly as shitty as every birthday I’ve ever had before. I wanted to be with you, but I didn’t want to have you making it better, because being with you does that for me,” He tells me.


“Do you know how fucked up that sounds?” I ask, getting up and getting the ladder from the shed.


“Yes, but if you still want me, you get me, warts and all,” He tells me, sitting there as I climb up the ladder.


I climbed up there and sat next to him. “Why did you ask me to come tonight?” I ask, deciding to give him a chance to explain.


“I didn’t. Michael had my phone, he still does come to think of it. I threw it at him before I left. I honestly can’t tell you why he did what he did, but he knows that he stepped over the line with me. The last thing I want is for you to think this thing we’re doing is some kind of game to me,” He tells me, turning to face me.


I looked over the other side to see how he got up here, there was nothing there. “How did you get up here?” I ask.


“Justin, I’m trying to tell you that I don’t want to lose you,” He says, turning my head so I have to look at him.


“I’m scared of this,” I admit to him.


“Why?” He asks.


“Because I want to own you, and it’s not something I’ve ever wanted from someone. We haven’t even been dating that long, and there isn’t a part of my life I don’t want you in. Yet I’m scared to ask you to meet my mother and sister, or go with Gwen and me on vacation next month to my family reunion,” I tell him.


“Is Gus included?” He asks.


“Gwen most likely already invited him,” I tell him.


“I’d love to meet your family,” He tells me.


“What about yours?” I ask.


“You’ve met Gus,” He says, looking away from me.


“Night Brian,” I tell him, going to the ladder.


“They aren’t anyone you’d want to meet. My family doesn’t even know about Gus,” He tells me.


“Why?” I ask.


“Because, like your father, my mother and sister are bigoted assholes,” He tells me.


“Your father?” I ask, wishing I didn’t when I see the look on his face.


“He’s dead. But not before telling me it should have me dying, not him, for being a faggot,” He tells me.


“Brian, if you can forgive me for acting like an asshole, I’d like to help you see your birthday as a good thing,” I tell him, leaning over and sealing my lips over his.


“I’d like that, hopefully you’ll make the rest of them happy too,” He tells me as we seem to forget we're sitting on the wall, and fall off.


“Thank God I didn’t put rosebushes in,” I tell him, laughing as we lay on the grass.


Brian smiled down at me, and seemed to think the grass was as good as a bed. I honestly stopped caring where we were when he took me in his mouth. “I wanted to do something for you,” I tell him, moaning as he licks the crown of my cock.


“It’s my birthday, so let me unwrap my present,” He tells me, pulling my pants off and then helping with the rest of my clothes.


We were lost in each other until the sprinklers started, and then we both ended up running into my house naked and realized that my daughter did not need to wake up to us like this. He followed me into the downstairs bathroom to take a shower. I pushed Brian against the wall and took him in my mouth, wanting to give him my present. Brian pushed my hair out of my eyes and watched as his cock disappeared down my throat. It wasn’t long before he pulled me up and reached into the pocket of his discarded pants for a condom. When he turned me, he used his fingers to open me for him. The fingers disappeared and I felt the blunt head of his cock demanding entrance. His arms wrapped around me and his lips molded over mine. Everything about us fit together, and when he pushed in, I pushed back to seal us together. He wasn’t in a rush, and we slowly moved together. It wasn’t the fast furious pace that we started, but slower, as if he was learning everything about me. When we both came it wasn’t the roaring climax, but a slower, sweeter one, as we were still kissing while he stilled inside me.


“Stay,” I tell him.


“Tonight?” He asks.


“For as long as you want,” I tell him.