- Text Size +
Story Notes:

-I really ended up shipping Chris and Dane when I wrote about them in the epilogue for 'Hobbs and Sunshine'. If you haven't read that story, I highly suggest doing so to give this little story some weight. Justin is hardly in this, but he is mentioned a fair bit. I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own the Characters and setting of 'Queer as Folk'. They belong to Cowlip and Show Time. Original characters are mine. Entertainment purposes only, infringement not intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

-Chris first meets Dane and they become fast friends. He asks Justin for some advice...


Chris cheerfully whispered to himself as he walked down the street towards the ‘Crunch’ gym. It was a Friday afternoon and Chris was in an unusually good mood. He’d had a fairly nice day of college classes and the weather was lovely. A light breeze brushed over the young man, who enjoyed it immensely. Reaching his usual gym, Chris opened the front door of glass and entered. He was always surprised and impressed at how fresh and clean the small lobby area smelled, considering there were sweaty people working out inside the gym.

 

 

 

 

 

After signing in, Chris went right over to a bench press. The boy felt like working on his arms and decided to lift some weights. The gym was rather quiet that afternoon. With not many people around, Chris decided to go about his business without someone to spot him. As a rather capable athlete, the young man felt it would be alright. After preparation, he got into position and begun to lift his usual 130 pounds steadily. He loved the slight burn the weight gave his muscles.

 

 

 

 

 

A couple seconds later, a soothing, husky male voice began to speak. “You want someone to spot you?” it said.

 

 

 

 

 

Chris was slightly taken off guard, but did not let it show. He halted his movements for a brief second to respond, “I wouldn’t mind it.”

 

 

 

 

 

The friendly voice said, “Great. I’ve got a free afternoon, so it looks like I can help you out.” With that, the voice that Chris decided was incredibly sexy began to guide him through his exercise. Despite the fact that he stood above Chris, the boy did not see his face, as he was far too busy concentrating on his work. He wanted to make sure he went home with aching muscles and sweaty clothes.  

 

 

 

 

 

Several minutes later, the man helped Chris lift the barbell up and secure it on top of the bench press. He then offered his hand to Chris, helping him up to a standing position. It was only then that Chris saw the man’s face. The glorious sight nearly made him weak in the knees. Standing before him was the most beautiful man Chris had ever laid eyes on. He was the same height as Chris, with a body that was obviously well-toned, something that was visible even through his T-shirt. His skin was incredibly pale and his hair was dark. He had full, pink lips, long eyelashes and eyes a green so mesmerising, Chris forgot how to speak for a moment. The man gave Chris a gorgeous smile and introduced himself, “I’m Dane Presley by the way.”

 

 

 

 

 

The dark blond took Dane’s outstretched hand and shook it. “Chris Hobbs”, he responded in kind, after clearing his dry throat.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Chris Hobbs”, Dane said, his beautiful smile still in place. “I think I’ve seen you here a few times before.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chris raised his brows in surprise. He knew that he definitely had never seen this man before. He would have remembered a face like his. There was no way he would ever forget this gorgeous human being. “Yeah, I come here just about every weekend and a lot after classes. I’m guessing you come here a fair bit if you’ve seen me”, Chris told him.

 

 

 

 

 

Again Dane smiled, knocking the wind right out of Chris. “I suppose I would come here a fair bit, considering I own the place with my brother”, he said, clearly amused.

 

 

 

 

 

“You own this place?” Chris found himself immediately interested in this young man. He had to know more about him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, my older brother does most of the business, but I do own and run it with him”, Dane explained.

 

 

 

 

 

Chris smiled himself, getting cheeky. “I guess that would mean you’d be here a lot.”

 

 

 

 

 

Dane nodded, with a small laugh at the boy’s joke. The pair shared a smile together, before Dane continued their conversation. “So you said you came here after classes. As in at the college just down the road?” he enquired, with a genuine interest.   

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s right”, Chris confirmed. “My major is football, but I have to study physical education and sport science as well.”

 

 

 

 

 

Dane’s face lit up upon hearing this. “That’s really interesting because I’m studying physical education and sport science too!” He told Chris with excitement.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh yeah?” Chris asked enthusiastically.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, I’m studying to one day become a high school PDHPE teacher. I’m in my third year. What about you?” Dane asked.

 

 

 

 

 

Listening with rapt interest, Chris responded, “I’m right at the end of my first year.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, a freshman”, Dane teased light heartedly. “From the bottom of my heart, good luck”, he joked. “People may think this course is for slackers, but as I’m sure you’ve discovered, it takes a lot.”

 

 

 

 

 

The 19 year old nodded in complete agreement. “That is so true, man. That is so very true. It’s hard work. But it’s all worth it.”

 

 

 

 

 

“That is exactly the attitude you need to have if you want a career in sport”, Dane responded enthusiastically, impressed by Chris and pleased by his answer. “You know, I’ve had so many clients that are just ready to give up in an instant.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Clients?” Chris inquired.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, I’m a part-time personal trainer”, Dane explained. “I forgot to mention that, didn’t I?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chris considered this. “That explains why you were so ready to spot me and almost train me back there. I bet you’re great at what you do.”

 

 

 

 

 

A light pink coloured Dane’s blushing cheeks as he smiled again. “Well, we could continue working out together if you’d like”, he offered. “That way, you’ll find out.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chris laughed and nodded in agreement. “Sounds like a good plan.”

 

 

 

 

 

The pair proceeded to exercise with each other, Dane giving Chris advice and guidance throughout their work out. During the three hours the boys worked together, they conversed freely, finding that they had a great deal of things in common while getting to know each other. Both boys also thoroughly eye-fucked each other. Before they knew it, the sun began to go down. Once they reluctantly decided to call it a day, the boys farewelled and parted. Chris was so turned on by the afternoon he’d spent with Dane that he jerked off three times that night.

 

 

 

 

 

He had never felt so attracted to someone since Justin Taylor. Although it was true that Chris had become comfortable with his sexuality over his first year of college and had had many fun and hot encounters with hot guys, He had never found the same spark he felt with the fiery blond he’d fallen for during his senior year. It was not something that deeply concerned him, as he was not looking for a boyfriend. But meeting Dane that day opened up a whole new world of opportunities for him. He knew that they’d only just met hours earlier, but he was already certain that Dane Presley would become a very important part of his life. Because if one thing was for sure; Chris was attracted to him beyond belief. Not only did they get along incredibly well, Chris also wanted him so darn bad, and he just knew that the feeling was mutual.   

 

 

 

 

 

For the next couple of weeks, Dane and Chris continued to meet at the gym almost every day, conversing happily as they worked out together, finding out more and more that they had in common. With each meeting, their attraction for each other grew. As did their desires. Chris had never been happier. He had a real life crush. One that he believed was reciprocated. He really wanted to ask Dane out, but wasn’t exactly sure how to go about it. He’d never asked a guy he liked out before. He knew he needed advice.

 

 

 

 

 

Advice that Justin could give him. The pair had begun speaking regularly just before the beginning of college and had remained friends since. Chris acknowledged that Justin was his best friend. They always freely gave each other advice when it was needed. That was why, when Chris called to meet him at the Liberty Diner to talk, Justin agreed without hesitation.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

At the diner

 

 

 

 

 

“Ohhh, you have a crush!” Justin teased in a sing-song voice, putting his burger back on his plate.

 

 

 

 

 

Chris rolled his eyes, but failed to hold back a smile of his own at his friend’s light hearted teasing. “Yeah, yeah”, he said. “His name is Dane and we’ve been working out together.”

 

 

 

 

 

Justin nodded as he listened. “Do you think he likes you as well?” he asked.

 

 

 

 

 

A blush spread on Chris’ cheeks. “Well, yeah. I think he does…”

 

 

 

 

 

Noticing the blush and Chris’ shyness, Justin smirked. “Oh, you’ve got it bad!” he exclaimed. “So, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to ask him out?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about”, Chris explained. Justin raised his brows in interest. “I need some advice. See, I really want to ask him out, but…”

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re not sure how?” Justin offered. Chris nodded in confirmation. The blond thought for a moment. “You’ve never asked a guy out on a date before, have you?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chris shook his head. “No”, he revealed. “I’ve never had an actual boyfriend before, but I really…like this guy.” Again he went bright red.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, I get it”, Justin said, nodding his head while he thought. “Well, you’ve just got to be nice and flirty. Be confident and ask him if he‘d like to go somewhere with you. Like…what do you have in common?”

 

 

 

 

 

The football player did not have to think about this. He and Dane had plenty in common. “We’re both really into sport, that’s for sure.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Perfect!” exclaimed Justin. “Just find some kind of game that’s on and get tickets. That way when you ask him it can sound all casual.”

 

 

 

 

 

A smile formed on Chris’ face. “I like that”, he said. “Why the fuck didn’t I think of it before? I’m an idiot!”

 

 

 

 

 

Justin laughed at his friend’s joke. “It’s good to know I helped you out.”

 

 

 

 

 

“As always, you really did”, Chris said gratefully. “Thanks, Taylor.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Not a problem, Hobbs.” The two friends shared a fond smile before getting back to their meals.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Two days later

 

 

 

 

 

Chris wiped the sweat off of his forehead with his towel. “Man, that sure was some workout”, he puffed, a smile on his face. It was exactly what he needed that afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

His fitness buddy smirked at him after taking a sip of water from his chilled bottle. “It certainly got the blood pumping”, he remarked.

 

 

 

 

 

The blond smiled at his friend and crush. It faded when he remembered what he had planned to do next. Any feeling he had was replaced by nervousness. His heart pounded, and not from their workout session. Alright, Chris, he thought to himself, Now’s the time. Man up and do it!  Clearing his throat, Chris said, “So, uh, I’ve got these tickets to next Friday’s Panthers versus Badgers game and I thought since you were such a fan of our team, you’d like to go…with me.”   

 

 

 

 

 

A big smile grew on Dane’s handsome face. “You want to take me to a basketball game?” he asked. Chris nodded, a noticeable blush on his cheeks. He felt his heart flutter when Dane stepped closer to him. “I do hope you mean…as a date.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chris’ cheeks went even redder as he felt heat begin to spread in his lower regions. Dane was actually flirting with him! “That’s exactly what I mean”, he flirted back.  

 

 

 

 

 

Stepping even closer to Chris, Dane touched his upper arm and looked directly in his eyes. “I’m looking forward to it.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Me too”, Chris responded with a smile, realising that the guy of his dreams said yes to a date with him. The pair shared a look that was so intense and lustful, it was as if they really had had sex right then and there. Chris let himself hope that that fantasy would become a reality after their date…

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED…


Chapter End Notes:

-Let me know what you think :)

xoxo