- Text Size +

 

Changes

Chapter 11



Warning: lesbian sex



*****



The girls entered the elegant Plaza dining room wearing simple yet classic attire, a suggestion from Emmett when he confirmed the spa day with them. Lindsay and Melanie were shown to their table where a bottle of Cristal was chilling in a bucket.

“We didn’t order this,” Melanie remarked pensively.

“Mr. Kinney sent it along with his compliments,” the maitre d’ explained.

“Is Brian here?” Lindsay asked as the maitre d’ held her chair. She looked around the room for Brian.

“I don’t believe so, madam. But he left explicit instructions for tonight’s menu.” The man poured the champagne, made a small bow then turned to attend to other patrons.

“Kinney must drop some serious coin at the Plaza to have them do his bidding, especially when he’s not around,” Melanie quipped as she picked up her glass.

“Mel,” Lindsay began in that disapproving tone of hers.

“I know. I should be more appreciative. This weekend has been beyond my wildest dreams, but enough about the almighty Kinney. I propose a toast. To you and me and our life together. Lindsay, I finally realize that we do have a life. A good life. And I don’t need a fancy house or the latest model sports car to prove it. We have wonderful children and we’re both accomplished and respected in our fields. Our future plans can only enhance what we already have. To us!”

Lindsay gave her spouse a beautiful smile as she raised her glass. “To us,” Lindsay repeated.

The girls gently clinked their glasses then sipped their champagne as the waiter brought them their first course.



*****



“Oh my god!” Leda cried out as she came. She was up on all fours blissfully being plowed by Jamie who was wearing one of the largest strap-ons known to man or woman. Jamie shuddered with her own orgasm then gently pulled out. She collapsed next to her lover.

“That was hot,” Leda murmured.

“Yeah,” Jamie agreed. Her stomach agreed as well with a loud gurgle. The girls giggled at the sound.

“I suppose that means I should feed you,” Leda commented with a smirk. Jamie’s stomach took that moment to agree. Leda rolled over to reach the phone. She called room service to order a couple of their baked salmon specials with the works and a couple of bottles of wine. After she hung up, Leda snuggled closer to Jamie.

Leda patted Jamie’s belly then marched her fingers lower to where the base of the strap-on met Jamie’s pubes. Leda found the bud below it and began to rub slow circles around it. Her ministrations became more vigorous. Jamie came again, desperately trying to catch her breath. Before Jamie could, Leda mounted her and rode her for all she was worth until room service came knocking on their door.



*****



“Mom?” Brian said into his cell phone, as he sat at the curb waiting for Justin to get Bree from Craig’s house.

“Brian! So good to hear from you,” Joan replied.

“I know, I’ve been a bad son lately. So much has been going on.”

“Brian, no need to explain, I keep up with the grapevine,” Joan said smugly.

“You do?”

“Of course, I do. I keep up with all the latest goings on in the family. Danny still helps out Michael at the comic book store once a week. Emmett and Drew visit our bookstore at least twice a week, and Debbie and Carl often drop in. We now have a very extensive travel book section thanks to them. So I get all the news. And Danny has put me in charge of a lending library,” Joan announced proudly.

“A lending library? What’s that?”

“Some of Hunter’s young people can’t afford to buy books. Many of them have returned to school or just found out that reading can be very pleasurable. We’ve set aside a section of the upper floor as a small lending library. There are novels, self-help books and even some textbooks that people have donated. It’s all on an honor system. You take a book, you bring back a book.”

“And it’s been working?” Brian asked with amazement.

“And it’s increased our regular patronage as well. Apparently some of the professors from Carnegie Melon and PIFA heard about it. They’re some of our staunchest supporters.”

“Incredible,” Brian said then paused. “Mom, what are you doing for dinner?”

“I haven’t given it much thought. I’ve only just walked in the door.”

“How about we bring something, including dessert,” Brian added, as he spied Justin and Bree coming out of Craig and Susan’s door. Bree was carrying two large plastic bags stuffed with homemade cookies. “The princess has been visiting with her Gampa Craig.”

“That would be lovely, dear. Why don’t I see if Deb, Carl, Jennifer and Seth can come over too? We can make it a potluck dinner.”

“Excellent suggestion, Mom,” Brian said as he bade her goodbye then got out of the Cherokee to open the doors for his family.



*****



“So the girls have decided to give Gus half a car for his birthday?” Carl asked as he scooped up another forkful of Debbie’s lasagna. Brian was letting the grandparents in on Gus’ birthday plans. As it turned out, Deb, Carl, Jennifer and Seth were all free to join them at Joan’s house for an impromptu dinner party. Everyone brought something. All Brian had to bring were more beverages and the fixings for a salad. Bree was pleased to supply the dessert.

“Yeah, the munn, um, the moms decided to set up a special account for Gus to buy a practical vehicle next year. They want Sonny Boy to do a little more growing up before he starts whizzing all over Pennsylvania,” Brian explained.

“Makes sense,” Seth agreed, as did Carl. He had seen too many teen accidents during his time on the force. Allowing Gus to grow in maturity was a wise decision.

“But, Dada, Gus is big already,” Bree said as she raised her little hand up as high as she could. All the adults stifled their giggles.

“Baby Girl, what Dada means is that they want Gus to mature a little more before he drives so that he drives responsibly,” Justin explained.

Bree pondered that for a while. “Ooohhh, like ‘Don’t Drink and Drive’ and ‘Buckle Up, It’s the Law’.” Bree had learned a lot in school and from a few public service announcements as well.

Brian put down his knife and fork. “Well, if there was ever any doubt that she’s your daughter, there’s the proof. I give you Miss Briana Victoria Kinney-Taylor, the next generation of PSA Taylors,” Brian announced to the gathered family.

They all looked at the matching perplexed stares on Justin and Bree’s faces and laughed. Brian gave both his blonds kisses.

“Don’t worry, Sunshine, we all love your PSA’s,” Brian said as he picked up his utensils to continue to eat his diner.

“Brian, dear, I’d like to contribute to the car fund, if I may,” Joan said after the laughter had died down.

“That’s not a bad idea,” Carl added.

“So would we,” Seth jumped in, after getting an approving nod and smile from Jennifer.

“And with whatever is left over, maybe the girls will keep it in the bank until JR is old enough to drive. She’s growing up so fast,” Debbie said wistfully. “You know, I still can remember the day I brought Michael home from the hospital,” she said with a sigh as only a mother could.

“Bet he was a whiny brat back then too,” Brian mumbled around a piece of garlic bread. He received the inevitable cuff to his head that he deserved, and the glare that accompanied it. “I love you, Maw,” he drawled as he leaned over to give Debbie a kiss. “And I love him too,” Brian whispered. Debbie smiled as she gently smacked Brian’s cheek.

“Speaking of the girls, where are they this weekend?” Jennifer asked. Brian grabbed Justin’s wrist to check the time. It was a little past seven.

“Well, if my calculations are right, they should be just about ready for dessert,” Brian quipped loudly then sat back to wait for the barrage of questions.



*****



“I don’t think I can eat another bite!” Lindsay exclaimed as a busboy began to clear the table. She patted her full belly.

“Neither can I,” Mel agreed, slightly pushing back her chair. Just then the waiter appeared at their table. “No, I don’t think either one of us is up to dessert at the moment,” Mel was quick to explain.

“Your dessert has all been arranged by Mr. Honeycutt and is in your suite. The maitre d’ will be escorting you to our piano lounge. There’s a wonderful performance by one of our local talents. Your dessert will be delivered when you’re ready to leave the lounge,” the waiter explained to the stunned ladies. “Ladies,” the maitre d’ said as he held their chairs then extended an elbow to each lady. “It would be my pleasure to escort you two lovely ladies to our lounge,” the man said formally. The girls took an arm each and were guided to the lounge.



*****



“That was delicious!” Jamie said as she gushed over their dinner.

“Yes, it was.”

“Do we have to go back to reality tomorrow?” Jamie asked sadly.

“I’m afraid so,” Leda confirmed. “But I’ve made a reservation for brunch, if you’d like to join me,” Leda said, hopeful for a positive response.

“Oh, I feel just like a princess! I’d love to brunch with you. I came here once a long time ago for brunch. A maiden aunt of my mother’s was celebrating her 80th birthday. They had her party here. I never forgot it.”

“Then here’s to one more fabulous night and a relaxing brunch tomorrow,” Leda said as she raised her wineglass. They clinked glasses then drank their wine.

“Jamie, if you have time this week, I’ve made an appointment with Jennifer Taylor. She’s a local realtor who comes highly recommended. I’m ready to settle down and plant some roots. I’d like you to be a part of it. Please don’t think I’m pressuring you. We’ve only known each other for a short time. But I’ve learned that this town and its surrounding territory has a lot to offer and perhaps it’s time for me to stop my wanderlust. I want to buy a modest home, perhaps with a little land around it, have a small garden. I’ve heard that gardening can be very therapeutic.”

Jamie extended her hand to cover Leda’s.

“I’d be very happy to go house hunting with you. You just tell me when,” Jamie assured her. Leda smiled. Sometimes changes were a good thing.



*****



It was after nine when Mel and Lindsay returned to their suite. In the middle of the room, the dining table was set with candles. Fresh fruit dolloped with fresh whipped cream and lightly drizzled with dark chocolate and raspberry sauce, graced the table. Coffee and tea in a silver service accompanied the dessert.

“This is amazing!” Lindsay said as she gazed at the elegant spread.

“I’m sensing Emmett’s touch,” Mel said as she dramatically closed her eyes and touched her forehead with her fingers. “Only a queen of his caliber could do this.” The girls shared a laugh.

“Would be a shame to waste all this,” Lindsay said as she coyly dipped her finger into the whipped cream then slowly licked it off.

“Yes, it would,” Mel said huskily.

“Then let’s enjoy our dessert before we enjoy our dessert,” Lindsay suggested with a bat of her lashes as she sat down at the table.

“Let’s,” Melanie agreed. The girls settled in for their last evening at the Plaza.



*****



Brian grabbed Justin’s wrist one more time. It was around nine. The grandparents were helping Joan clean up. Bree had divided up one bag of cookies to share with everyone.

“What is it now?” Justin asked.

“Oh nothing,” Brian said with an evil smirk.

“Spill, kiddo. I know that look,” Debbie commanded as she pointed a sharp fingernail at him. Brian’s grin became more pronounced.

“Well, the girls should be back in their suite by now and enjoying one of Emmett’s love creations,” Brian said smugly.

“What’s a love creation?” Seth asked.

“Fresh fruit, fresh whipped cream and a little dark chocolate and raspberry sauce. A creation to put anyone in the mood for luuvv,” Brian said with exaggeration.

Debbie laughed out loud while Joan and Jennifer blushed.

“That sounds good, Dada. Can we have some someday? Cause I love you!” Bree said as she threw herself at Brian, wrapping her arms around his legs then looking up at him with her big blue eyes. Brian blushed a deep shade of red as he bent to pick her up then kissed her cheek.

The family all laughed heartily.



*****



Around nine in the morning a phone rang.

“Good morning, this is your wake up call. And we’re confirming your reservations for brunch,” the voice said.

“Thank you,” Lindsay said breathlessly as she returned the phone to the cradle just as Melanie was fingering her and sucking on her clit. Mel raised her head.

“Who was that?” Mel asked with a lopsided grin.

“Wake up call,” Lindsay answered back.

“You awake?”

“Very.”

“Good,” Mel said as she returned to the task at hand.



*****



“I want to thank you, Leda,” Jamie said. “I had such a good time this weekend.”

“So did I,” Leda said with a smile as she shifted on her chair. They were at brunch enjoying eggs Benedict. Her nether regions were pleasantly sore due to the rigorous workout she had sustained the previous night. “My appointment with Mrs. Taylor is for Tuesday afternoon. I’ll call you Monday night with the details. I’m really hoping you can join me.”

“I have early classes that day so I don’t see a problem. My show opens on Friday. I’d be honored if you could be there.”

“I’d love to.”

The girls ate their breakfast quietly, sharing secrets and falling in love.

“Oh look, there’s Leda and Jamie,” Mel said as they entered the dining area. “Shall we say good morning?”

“Yes,” Lindsay replied. Apparently all jealous thoughts regarding Jamie and Leda had vanished. They approached the table, conveyed their greetings then left them to sit at a secluded table of their own.

“They look very happy,” Jamie remarked as she sipped her coffee.

“Yes, they do. Maybe they finally realize just how lucky they really are.”

“I’ve heard they’ve been together forever. I’d like to be that lucky.”

“So would I,” Leda said as she discreetly took Jamie’s hand in hers.



*****



“Dada? Daddy says it’s time for breakfast.” Justin had sent their daughter out into the garden to search for Brian. Although the weather remained warm and sunny, Brian knew it would be soon time to prepare his garden for the winter. He stood in the middle of his garden taking a mental inventory of what he would need and then added more for Molly’s cottage.

“How I ever got roped into being the master gardener for our lane, I’ll never know,” Brian mumbled to himself as he felt Bree’s hand slip into his.

“Because, Dada, you are the bestest at gar-gar,” Bree said, still using her baby word for gardening.

“Thank you, Squirt,” Brian said as he gave her hand a tiny squeeze.

“You’re welcome, Dada,” Bree said as she squeezed back. “Come on, Dada, breakfast.”

“Lead on, McSquirt,” Brian said as Bree tugged on his hand.”



*****



“Follow me down to my office,” Ted said.

Albert Harmon followed the man who had become a kind of mentor and guardian angel to him. He looked around Kinnetik as they walked. “What was this place?” he asked with a frown.

“You mean before it became Kinnetik? It used to be one of Liberty Avenue’s premier bathhouses,” Ted chuckled.

“Bath house?”

“Brian thought it was the perfect place to start Kinnetik. He’s never wanted to move from here.”

“Oh my! I had no idea. The outside isn’t very impressive. Wouldn’t Kinnetik get more important accounts if the outside looked more … inviting, more grand?”

Ted shook his head as they entered his office. “Brian believes that the quality of his work is what brings clients to Kinnetik, not what the building looks like.”

“I guess it’s one of those ‘out of the box’ kinds of things. I never did understand that. I’m too conservative or traditional or … something.”

“Kinnetik is none of those things. That’s what has made it so successful,” Ted said proudly.

“Hm,” Albert replied thoughtfully.

“So what have you concluded about Camp Little Flowers?” Ted asked, deciding it was time to get down to business.

“They had a very good year, quite profitable,” Albert began.

“I know that,” Ted replied. “You said you had some new ideas.”

“Yes, I do. You know that camps have to have a lot of property and it’s only used for a few months of the year during the summer.” Ted nodded. “So the best way I could think of to increase the income for the camp was to use it more often.”

Ted frowned. “And how would we do that? The kids are all back in school.”

“That’s the beauty of it,” Albert smiled. “We would run mini-camps on weekends before all the holidays. In October we’ll have a costume camp so kids can make their own costumes for Halloween. And then a Thanksgiving camp in November, where they could learn all about the holiday and make cornucopias or harvest arrangements. Early December we start Christmas camp, so kids can made Christmas gifts or wreaths for their parents.”

Ted’s eyes had lit up. This definitely had possibilities. “Do you think they could do that all year?”

“There’s Valentine’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day…”

Ted laughed. “And you say you don’t think out of the box! I love it,” Ted told Albert, earning a big smile from the man. “And you have the agreement of the camp personnel to do this?”

“Oh yes. The head mistress, as she likes to be called, would run most of these camps herself. She’s very crafty … as in arts and crafts, not as in sly,” Albert chuckled.

“I would hope so,” Ted replied. He was learning that he really liked Albert Harmon.

“This would give the camp additional income almost every month during the year until summer rolls around again.”

“I like it,” Ted smiled. “But if you’re going to do Halloween, shouldn’t you be advertising that now?”

“Precisely why I’m here.” Albert picked up his briefcase and opened it. He pulled out some crudely drawn pages that would explain what would be offered at the mini-camps, the price and the dates.

Ted took the papers and glanced through them. “The artwork’s a little crude,” he laughed.

“Not my forte,” Albert said. “But I think we covered everything else.”

“I really like this idea, Albert. I think Brian would allow the Kinnetik people and their facilities to produce a more, shall we say, professional looking brochure.”

“Excellent,” Albert grinned. “I was hoping you’d say that. The other thing I wondered was how you people decide where to advertise.”

“Hm, you’re right. I’ll speak to Brian and see what suggestions we can come up with.”

“Good, so that takes care of the immediate projects. Perhaps you have a moment to look at the long range.”

“Sure,” Ted agreed. He had known Albert would do a thorough job and the man was certainly not letting him down.

“I think we should put in place some plans to make Camp Little Flowers more than just a day camp. It should have a sleepover component, so this is what we’ve been discussing, not for the next year or so, but in the future…” Albert pulled out some papers and laid them out on Ted’s desk.

The two men poured over the proposals and financial implications. Ted smiled the whole time. Albert Harmon was worth his weight in gold. Camp Little Flowers was in for some big changes.