- Text Size +

 

Changes

Chapter 14



Warning: More lesbian sex



*****



“Hey, Sunshine, whatcha up too?” Brian asked as he came up from the spiral staircase and into the attic office. Justin appeared to be going over his portfolio.

“Ummm...”

“You know, I am beginning to dislike that non-word. Spill,” Brian demanded.

“The Emerging Artist show opens this weekend.”

“I recollect hearing something about that,” Brian snarked. That was all he had heard about for the past two months. One emerging artist in particular had certainly made an impact on a part of Brian’s family. “You’re making your appearance on the second night.”

“Yes, to show my support.”

“Been there, done that. Get to the point.”

“Uh, Sidney wanted me to look over my portfolio and pick out what I think are some of my best pieces.”

“No doubt ones that portray my dick, are your best pieces,” Brian deadpanned.

“No doubt. But I should have a variety of work.”

Brian slid the large and heavy portfolio closer to him. “This one, this one and this one,” Brian said without hesitation as he pointed to three of his portraits.

“Brian, I said a variety. These are all your nudes,” Justin said incredulously.

“This is a variety, Sunshine. Me, lounging naked on the brass bed. Me, all lathered and naked in the shower and me, fabulously naked and sexy sprawled on the big chair. See? A variety,” Brian said with a confident smile. Justin had no reply. In truth, he could never get enough of painting nudes of Brian. Brian took note of the forlorn expression on his lover’s face, and his smug smile faded. He sat back in his chair and patted his lap. “Come here, Sunshine,” Brian whispered. Justin immediately sat in the proffered lap. “What is it?”

“Sidney has been getting offers to exhibit some of my work in London.”

“And?”

“I’m very flattered. What artist wouldn’t want to be displayed in a major London gallery?”

“But?”

“I can’t bear the thought of leaving you and Bree. I don’t want to go there alone.”

“Who says you have to go alone?”

“You would come with me?” Justin asked, his eyes lighting up with hope.

“Don’t I always come with you?” Brian smirked.

“Brian, I’m serious.”

“And so am I. Justin, you are a major talent. For the most part you can arrange your schedule of appearances for your own convenience. It’s no secret that you have a partner and a family. If we orchestrate this right, we can turn this into a family vacation. Maybe take Gus. I certainly will not let you go alone and I will not go without the Squirt.”

“What about school?”

“We get all of Bree’s assignments from her teachers. Maybe we can take Joan or Rachel with us. Either way, Sunshine, we go as a family.”

The lovers took a moment to wrap their arms around each other. Brian nuzzled Justin’s soft blond hair, inhaling the familiar scent then kissing that spot behind Justin’s ear. He could hear Justin softly sighing contentedly.

“I love you, Brian,” Justin murmured into Brian’s lips. “I love you,” he whispered again and again as he kissed his lover. Wordlessly, the lovers decided to move over to the office futon, where they made love until it was time to get the kids from school.



*****



As Jennifer and the girls pulled up in front of the quaint cottage that was nestled amongst trees and overgrown shrubs down a lonely road, they spied a familiar big black Navigator parked in front. John got out of his SUV as Jenn parked her car.

“What are you dong here?” Melanie asked with a suspicious tone in her voice.

Nonplussed, John remained calm when he answered. “I happen to know the owners of this cottage. We had some business dealings years ago. When they learned some ‘city folk’ were interested in buying the place, they wanted to make sure the offer was genuine. They also wanted my opinion on the state of the cottage. I know it’s only been on the market for a short time but this poor old place hasn’t been maintained as it should be,” John explained shaking his head. “I had no idea you two were interested in it.”

“Um...” Lindsay stammered thinking John was insulted that they hadn’t asked for land at his lane.

“Listen, Anderson, we want a nice quiet place but not right on top of you and...”

“Brian. I can understand that. I imagine some of that soul searching you did at our place has led you ladies to this conclusion.” Melanie and Lindsay nodded. “You’ve made an excellent decision.”

“We have?” Lindsay asked. She still wasn’t all that sure she shouldn’t have approached the Kinney men regarding purchasing some of their land.

“I realize this place is somewhat off the beaten path; however, you’re not all that far from us. If you needed something, we could be here within fifteen minutes by car. Less if we just followed the stream. Your stream is the same as ours. And yet you can maintain your privacy. So let’s examine this poor old girl and see if we can breathe some life back into her.”

The ladies agreed and followed Jennifer into the cottage.



*****



“So what do you think?” Jennifer asked the girls. They had been roaming the cottage and grounds for the better part of an hour. The girls had grown quiet. John was making notes about potential repairs that would be needed to make the old place habitable. The cottage had been neglected and was in desperate need of repair. John could see some mold along one wall and the roof toward the back of the cottage wouldn’t stand a harsh winter snowstorm.

Melanie was angry, believing they were just wasting their time. Lindsay was so disappointed that she wanted to cry.

“It’s horrible, isn’t it?” Jennifer said then sneezed from the musty odor. “Let’s get out of here,” she suggested as she led them toward the door. “I’m so sorry. It didn’t look that bad from the outside,” Jennifer apologized, even though she wasn’t really handling the sale. They were about to drive back to Pittsburgh when the local realtor drove up.

“Hi, folks! What do you think about the place? It’s a steal,” the real estate agent said with gusto.

“A steal, I think it’s...” Mel was about to give the man the what for when John stepped up. All six foot three of him.

“Mr. Sylvester, I believe,” John said in a serious tone.

“John? John Anderson! I’ve known your mother for many years. Fine woman your mother,” Sylvester said, turning on his limited charm in hopes of unloading the cottage on unsuspecting buyers. His hopes were rapidly fading.

“Mr. Sylvester, allow me to introduce you to Mrs. Jennifer Taylor-Harris, Ms. Lindsay Peterson and Ms. Melanie Marcus. Ms. Peterson and Ms. Marcus are the potential buyers. I’ve been commissioned by the Somervilles to inspect the place,” John said sternly.

“Yes, old man Somerville did mention something to that effect,” Sylvester mumbled as he took out an old greyed hanky to wipe the sweat off his brow.

“Let me be frank with you. Somerville should be happy if he gets half of what he’s asking for. There’s dry rot in the beams, mold along the foundation and the roof toward the back will leak and collapse at the first snow. Now if you want to get an honest price from these ladies, you’ll either recommend to Somerville to affect repairs immediately or sell the place at what it’s truly worth so that Mrs. Harris’ clients can get a contractor in here to make it livable. And I suggest you do it fast before the walls cave in. This is a disgrace! A beautiful cottage like this left to rot.” John was incensed. He had a passion and a respect for old architecture.

“Mr. Sylvester,” Jennifer began calmly, “have you been inside lately?”

“Well, no, not since I was first contacted by the family.”

“So that was over five months ago,” Jenn confirmed.

“Yes, but...”

“After the Spring rain and before the Summer heat,” John added.

“Well, I...”

“Mr. Sylvester, go have a look inside and send in a building inspector. Then call me after you discuss the findings with the owners. I wager there’s twenty to thirty thousand dollars worth of damage in that house. If you can come up with a fair asking price, we may consider it,” Jennifer said sternly.

The girls said goodbye to John then drove away.

“Mr. Sylvester, this once was a beautiful little cottage. Have your conversation with the Somervilles and do it quick before there’s nothing left of this place to sell,” John said solemnly before getting into his Navigator and driving back to Edna’s Treasures.

When John got home, his phone was ringing. He recognized the number and picked up the receiver immediately.

“Gordo! How’s life in the big city?”

“Getting bigger all the time, Johnny Boy.”

“I wasn’t expecting to hear from you so soon. I thought after that big job in Harrisburg, you were going to take a little R&R?”

“I am, John. Helping Betsie out with these here flowers of hers is like taking a vacation. I even got me an apron with my name embroidered on it. I am a gen-u-ine floral arranger,” Gordon boasted to his long time friend and business partner.

There was a long pause in the conversation.

“Gordo, you’re full of shit, that’s what you are.” John and Gordon cracked up with belly laughs. “Seriously, Gordon, I thought you were taking a break.”

“I am, but there’s a little cottage close to the Village that I’ve been babysitting until the owner could sell it and it looks like there’s a buyer. The lady wants to hire us to give it a once over. I’d like to use some of the locals and some of Hunter’s protégés. It’ll be good for the community.”

“I hear ya. You want me to put together the proposal?”

“Of course I do, you da man, ain’t ya?”

John broke out into laughs again. “Only because you’re too lazy to do it yourself.”

“Hey, insulting me won’t help. I can always quit the building business and go with my second career as flower arranger.”

“Sure you can. And after a week or two full time with Betsie, she’ll take a broom to your backside. I’ll come by the shop in the morning. You can show me the cottage and then we’ll draw up a list of the crew best suited for the job.”

“See! That’s why you da man. See you in the morning, Johnny Boy.”

“Night, Gordo and give my sympathies to Betsie.” John hung up the phone as he heard his best friend laugh.



*****



“Lindsay? Lindz?” Mel whispered.

“Mmm,” Lindsay murmured softly as she turned in Mel’s arms.

“Wake up, you have to get to the gallery,” Mel said gently. Lindsay’s eyes flew open. Mel smiled. “Don’t worry, you have plenty of time. But you won’t if you stay in bed too long. Knowing you, I’m sure everything’s going to be perfect but I also know you want to be there early.”

Lindsay smiled back at Mel. “Thank you,” Lindsay said as she gave Melanie a kiss. The girls had gotten some good news regarding the cottage. The owner was going to significantly drop the selling price to compensate for all the repairs that would have to be done. They had celebrated then made love for most of the night, falling asleep in each other’s arms.

Lindsay glanced at the alarm clock then slipped her hand under Mel’s t-shirt to pinch her nipples.

“I think I have time to make love to my wife one more time before I have to get ready.”

“Yeah?” Mel said with a grin.

“Oh yeah,” Lindsay said with a chuckle as she dove under the sheets to make love to Mel.



*****



“Oh! Oh! OH!” Jamie cried out as she came hard, arching upwards with a powerful orgasm then collapsing back on her mattress. Leda lay next to her wearing a very smug and satisfied grin.

“Do you have any classes today?” Leda asked when she thought Jamie’s brain was functioning again.

“No, not today and even if I did I would have gotten them covered. I don’t think I could have concentrated on a lesson plan today. I’m so excited.”

“I can tell,” Leda teased as she ran her hand over Jamie’s peaked nipples. Jamie captured the marauding hand in hers then brought it to her lips. Jamie kissed Leda’s palm. “You will be there at the show, won’t you?”

“Of course I will. I want to share this with you,” Leda said almost hesitantly.

“You don’t have to. I guess standing around in a stuffy gallery is not very glamorous,” Jamie said with disappointment, misunderstanding Leda’s tone.

“No, baby, that’s not it. I just never wanted to share something like this with someone. I haven’t had someone that I wanted to share a life with for a very long time.”

Jamie smiled serenely. “Then let me share more with you,” Jamie whispered as she kissed her way down her lover’s body, settled between Leda’s legs to suck and lick Leda to her own powerful orgasm.



*****



“Shit, I’m beat,” Jamie groaned rolling her ankle from side to side. It wasn’t often that she resorted to wearing high heels, but she had decided to do the whole attempt at glamour thing for the opening of the Emerging Artists Show.

“You should be feeling like a million bucks,” Lindsay told her as she stood beside the artist.

“I’m exhausted. I can’t believe so many people came to the show.”

“And you sold two pieces.”

“Yeah,” Jamie grinned. “I can’t thank you enough for having faith in me, and encouraging me to submit some of my pieces. I was such a … coward. So afraid that nobody would like my work, and I’d be considered a failure. I’d never have been able to face my students at PIFA if that had happened.”

Lindsay smiled ruefully. How many times had she felt exactly like that herself? She sighed, wondering if she was the one who was really the huge coward. At least Jamie had taken the plunge … finally.

“That was a fantastic show, you two,” Leda said as she strode across the gallery towards Lindsay and Jamie. She kissed Jamie’s cheek and gave her a squeeze.

“I sold two pieces,” Jamie bubbled happily.

“Then we should celebrate,” Leda laughed. “We could go back to my hotel and have champagne and caviar … in bed.”

“Ooh,” Jamie grinned as she leaned against Leda.

“I think you two better get out of here before something untoward happens,” Lindsay laughed.

“Give my best to Mel,” Leda called as they headed toward the front entrance of the gallery.

“Lindsay, there’s people milling around outside,” Jamie said uncertainly as she was about to push open the door of the gallery. “What’s going on?”

Lindsay walked over to them. She could see some girls and women standing outside. They were holding gift bags and what looked like autograph books as well as the catalogue from the show.

“I think they’re waiting for Justin,” Lindsay sighed.

“Justin?” Leda asked.

“They know he’s going to be at the show, but it doesn’t say in the catalogue which night. Since his flower henge went on the internet, he has developed quite a little fan girl following."

“Well, he is cute,” Jamie giggled.

“Good night,” Leda said as she guided Jamie out the door and past the small group of women.

“What’s going on?” Melanie asked as she came up behind Lindsay.

“Nothing really,” Lindsay sighed, as she wondered how Justin would react to his fans when he arrived the following evening.

“You ready to go, or do you have to lock up?”

“Sidney’s going to close up tonight,” Lindsay replied. “I’m ready to go. I just need to get my purse.” She headed for the office.

By the time they walked outside most of the gallery lights were off, and the group of people waiting outside had dispersed. Lindsay was happy they were gone. She and Melanie walked along the street to their car.

“The show went very well,” Melanie said trying to be supportive. It seemed like Lindsay was in a funny mood.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“You don’t sound very fucking happy,” Melanie observed as she unlocked the car.

“The show was fine. Everything went the way it was supposed to.” Lindsay let out a long sigh.

“Then what’s wrong?” Melanie asked as she got into the car. Lindsay got in beside her.

“It was something Jamie said.”

“What did she say?”

“She said that she had been a coward about showing her work. She was afraid she’d never be able to face her students if her work was panned.”

“Do you think it will be panned?” Melanie asked as she pulled away from the curb.

“No, no, nothing like that. Everything I heard sounded positive.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“She … she sounded so much like me,” Lindsay admitted.

“Oh … I see.”

“You do?” Lindsay asked looking over at Mel.

“Yeah, you’ve been afraid to even do your art for so long. You think it won’t be good enough, and you don’t even have students anymore. There’s no need to be afraid to face them.”

“But I have friends and family … and Justin.”

Melanie glanced over at Lindsay. “You know Justin would never be critical of your work.”

“I know, but I don’t want his patronizing compliments either. If it’s really horrible, I want to know.”

“You have talent, Lindz,” Melanie said, touching Lindsay’s thigh gently. “I know you do.”

Lindsay glanced at the hand on her leg and then into Melanie’s eyes. “Thanks for saying that. It means a lot to me. Maybe I can paint again when we get our cottage. Did you hear from Jennifer today?”

“No,” Melanie said with a frown. “I think Somerville is still considering our offer.”

“Let’s hope he makes the right decision,” Lindsay said. “I want that cottage. We need it.”

“Yes, we do,” Melanie said with a smile. “Have I told you lately that I love you?”

“Once or twice,” Lindsay grinned.

They smiled all the way home.