- Text Size +

 

Changes

Chapter 2





The housewarming was winding down. Some people had left already, including Craig and Susan. Craig had been wanting to leave for hours, but Susan had insisted they stay until after dinner.

Brian, John and Seth had managed to cook up some major ribs on the barbecues. It was something new that Brian had been experimenting with, and he thought he had finally found the perfect marinade for the ribs, and the perfect method of cooking them on the barbecue. The fact that it took almost the whole day to cook them to perfection didn’t seem to bother Brian at all. He loved the results, and everyone made sure to tell him they did too.

Once Craig had eaten his ribs, which he was forced to admit were delicious, he took his leave. He found Molly and Owen and gave Taylor a hug and kiss before heading out to see if he could extricate his car from all the vehicles that now lined the lane.

“Gampa, Gampa!” Bree shouted when she saw him heading down the walkway to the lane. “Where are you going?” she demanded.

“Gamma Susan and I are going home,” Craig said brusquely. He didn’t even realize he used the silly appellation that Bree always called his wife by.

“But why? You didn’t hardly talk to me at all,” Bree pouted.

“Sorry, Briana,” Craig said brusquely. He knew she was right, and he was sorry that he hadn’t spent more time with his granddaughter. But he wanted to get the fuck away from all these people that had surrounded him all afternoon.

“Do you like Taylor better than me?” Bree asked, seemingly out of the blue.

“Of course not!” Craig told her. “Why would you think such a thing? Come here and give me a hug.”

Bree ran over to her grandfather and held up her arms. Craig hoisted her up and received several loving kisses on his cheeks. It made him smile.

“Stay longer,” Bree begged.

“No, sweetheart, I think it’s time Susan and I went home.”

Bree sighed loudly. “If you have to…”

“Maybe you can come and visit us after school gets started,” Susan suggested. “We’d love to have you for a weekend.”

“Maybe,” Bree said as Craig set her down. “Bye, Gamma Susan.”

Susan hugged the beautiful little girl, who then watched them walk away.

“You did neglect her today,” Susan said to her husband. “You should be ashamed of yourself. You know how much she loves you.”

“I … I find it hard to concentrate with all these people around,” Craig said lamely.

“You mean with all the homosexuals around,” Susan reminded him knowingly.

“Let’s get the fuck out of here,” Craig declared as he unlocked the car.

Susan glared at her insensitive husband, but she climbed into the car. Craig maneuvered it out from between the other cars and they took off towards the gate.



*****



“You going to let him out?” Justin asked as he saw Brian standing by the intercom that could be used to activate the gate.

“I can’t decide whether to trap him here in Homo Hell and make him suffer, or let him get the fuck away from me before I kill him,” Brian retorted.

“Open the gate,” Justin ordered.

Brian pushed the button and they waited long enough for the vehicle to pass through. “Why is he mean to Bree when sheÂ’s his flesh and blood?”

“He probably doesn’t even realize he hurts her when he ignores her. He’s so fucked up.”

“No excuse,” Brian declared pushing the button to close the gate behind his fucking father-in-law.

“No, it’s not, but he is what he is.”

“Fuckhead is what I’d call him.”

“Just not in front of Bree.”

“Of course not,” Brian agreed. “But it doesn’t mean I don’t think it every fucking time I look at him.”

Justin smiled just a bit before hugging his cantankerous husband.



*****



“Bree,” Gus said, “are you okay?” He had watched the exchange between Bree and her grandfather. He hoped his sister was all right.

“Yes,” Bree replied. She was staring at her grandfather’s car as it disappeared through the gate of Edna’s Treasures lane.

“Then come on back to the party.”

“Do you think Gampa doesn’t like me as much as he likes Taylor?” Bree asked with a sad look on her face.

“Of course not, short stuff. I’m sure Craig loves you as much as he ever did.” Gus chose those words carefully, knowing that the relationship of the family with Craig Taylor was at best tenuous. He did think the man loved his sister, however.

“He didn’t spend no time with me today. He held Taylor for … forever,” Bree complained.

“Taylor’s just a baby. He needs a lot more attention than a big girl like you does,” Gus told her, hoping that would cheer her up.

“If I’m a big girl, can I go back to Penn with you?” Bree asked.

Gus drew in a breath. Fuck! How did they get back to this? “Um … I thought you didn’t want to leave Ashley,” Gus replied hoping his father’s use of Ashley would also work for him.

“I want to go with you.”

“I don’t think that’s possible, Squirt.”

Tears welled up in Bree’s eyes. “I’m going home,” she declared and started down the walkway to the lane.

“There’s nobody at Edna’s Treasures,” Gus said quickly.

“Don’t care. You’re all mean.” Bree kept walking.

“Want me to come with you?” Gus asked.

“No!”

“Bree, you can’t go by yourself,” Gus said lamely.

“Yes, I can.”

“Let me come with you.”

“No, go away.”

“Bree? Please,” Gus pleaded.

Bree stopped and turned around. Tears ran down her face. “I don’t want you to go away,” she wailed.

“I’m not going anywhere at the moment.”

“You’ll go back to Pittsburgh with your moms, and I’ll be here all by myself,” Bree sobbed.

“What if I stay here tonight … with you?” Gus asked, hoping that would mollify his little sister.

“You will?” Bree asked, the clouds on her face vanishing somewhat.

“I think we can arrange that,” Gus replied.

“I love you, Gus,” Bree said hitching a breath, as more tears rolled down her face.

Gus was quickly at her side wiping at her tears and kissing her cheek as he squatted beside her. “I love you too, Bree. You can always be sure of that.”

“’Kay,” Bree replied stifling a sob. She wrapped her arms around Gus’ neck.

“All these changes are hard on you, aren’t they, short stuff?” Gus asked as he clutched Bree’s little body against him. He could feel Bree nod her head in response. “I’m sorry it’s so hard for you.”

“Me too,” Bree sniffled. She liked Gus holding onto her. It made her feel a little better.

“Let’s go back to Molly’s house, and I’ll get some tissues so you can blow your nose.”

“’Kay.”

“That’s my brave little sister,” Gus said as he stood up. He held out his hand and Bree placed her small one in it. They walked back up the walkway to Molly’s house.



*****



“You think she’ll be all right?” Justin asked Brian.

“Yeah, and I think we should let Gus handle this one.”

“Coward,” Justin said.

“I know, but he seems to be doing a good job.”

They had been watching the scene play out between Gus and Bree, ready to jump in if they were needed or if Gus called for help. Now they watched Gus lead Bree into Molly’s cottage. They knew he would take good care of his little sister.

“What’s Bree going to be like when Gus has to go back to Penn?” Justin asked.

“I don’t know, and I’m hoping something will happen so we don’t have to find out.”

“What could possibly happen?”

“I don’t know, but we may have to start a branch of Penn State in the lane so that Gus can stay here, and Bree can go to school with him.”

Justin chuckled, and then realized that Brian was only half kidding.



*****



“You ladies want the brass bed or the futon in the attic?” Brian asked Lindsay and Mel.

Most of the guests had gone home. The girls decided to stay to allow Gus more time with Bree and Brian. Ted and Allen were staying at Emmett and Drew’s for the night then would join the family for breakfast the next day. Molly, Owen and baby Taylor were spending the weekend in their new cottage.

“If we promise to behave, can we stay out here?” Mel asked. Brian nodded; he figured as much. Once you had the pleasure of spending the night on the brass bed, it was a temptation difficult to resist.

“Do you need pjs?”

“No, we packed an overnight bag just in case. We’ve learned to come up here prepared,” Lindsay admitted as she rummaged through her bag to find her pajamas. Mel was folding back the bedspread.

“See! And who says you can’t teach an old bitch new tricks,” Brian said with an expression of complete innocence. He was then pelted by several throw pillows.



*****



“Daddy, can Gus read me my bedtime story tonight?” Bree asked her father as he was tucking her into bed.

“Of course, baby girl. Let Dada say goodnight first while I get Gus, okay?” Bree nodded. Justin smoothed out the sheets, kissed his daughter then left to get Brian and Gus.

“Hey Squirt, I hear that you want your story from Gus tonight,” Brian said as he entered Bree’s room.

“Is that okay?” Bree asked. She didn’t want to hurt her daddies’ feelings.

“Of course it’s okay,” Brian reassured her with a hug and a kiss. “You love your brother and he loves you.”

“Dada, are you sure I can’t go to Penn with Gus?”

“I’m sure. There are some basic requirements needed to get into college, like finishing elementary school and high school. Completing only kindergarten falls a little short of those requirements.”

Bree’s face fell with disappointment.

“But,” Brian began as he lifted her chin with his finger. “If you study very, very hard, one day you’ll be able to go to almost any college you want. You are one smart Squirt.” Brian said proudly.

Bree gave him a coy smile. Brian shook his head. “So much like your daddy,” he mumbled. He kissed his daughter as a light knocking signaled Gus at the door. “Night, Squirt,” Brian said as he opened the door for Gus. Brian bussed his son’s temple with a kiss as he walked into his sister’s room.

“Night, Dada.”

Gus settled next to his sister as he opened the book she had picked out for him. Briana closed her eyes and sighed contentedly as Gus began the story.



*****



Down the lane at Emmett and Drew’s cottage, Emmett had put on a pot of coffee and was passing around slices of pound cake.

“Hey, Drew, how were you able to get this weekend off? Isn’t the team playing?” Allen asked the former quarterback and color man for the Ironmen football team.

“Well, it comes from being around for so long,” Drew replied.

“Ah, longevity, it does have its perks,” Ted quipped around his cake. Emmett brought in a tray with coffee and the fixings.

“I also have an Emmett clause in my contract,” Drew boasted to their two astounded friends.

“An Emmett clause?” Ted asked. “I’m no lawyer but I have been involved in hundreds of contracts. I have never heard of anything like an Emmett clause. Would you care to elaborate?”

“The last time I renewed my contract, I had them write into it a special clause that allows me time off if Emmett needs me. It’s my Emmett clause.”

“Ooohhh!” Ted and Allen said.

“Isn’t he the sweetest thing?” Emmett gushed displaying his biggest smile while he poured the coffee. The rest of their evening was spent in quiet conversation.

Just before turning in, Emmett took Ted aside. “Teddy, did Brian or Mel mention anything to you about the Plaza hotel?”

“As a matter of fact, they both did. Brian said to keep his suite on standby just in case. A little while later Melanie asked if I could reserve it for next weekend. Did they say anything to you?”

“Yes, they did. Mel ordered all of Lindsay’s faves and she asked me to book them a spa day, soup to nuts. I wonder what it all means?”

“They have been a little tense lately.”

“Teddy, honey, when have they ever NOT been tense?”

“True. I hope they can work things out.”

“Well, then I declare, in true fabulous homo fashion, that we, the little love fairies shall do our very best to keep those girls together.”

“Emm, I don’t think Brian would appreciate being referred to as a love fairy.”

“Oh honey, Brian’s the biggest love fairy of us all!”

The long time best of friends shared the laugh then went to bed.



*****



After making love in their brand new bed in the brand new cottage, Molly and Owen snuggled up.

“Owen, did your parents have a good time today?”

“I’m sure they did. I know Dad did. He really likes the guys and Carl. He loves it that they all treat him like one of the boys instead of the husband of Sharon Kingsley, son-in-law to the great Sarah Kingsley.”

“Do people really treat him that differently?” Molly asked, turning her head to look her husband in the eyes.

“Sometimes. I asked him about it one time. He said it could be a real pain in the ass at times, but he loves my mother so he puts up with it.”

“What about your mom, did she have a good time?” Molly asked with trepidation.

“She did. She forgets what it’s like when Grandma Sarah’s not around. She can drop some of the pretense. Sometimes she can’t help being a snob; she was raised that way. But being around your family helps.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope. Apparently the time spent at the cottage during the blizzard was an eye opener for her. Don’t get me wrong; she still has her moments but she really likes your family.” Molly smiled brightly. Owen realized just how lucky he was, holding the woman of his dreams in his arms. “I love you, Molly Brenner.”

“I love you, Owen Brenner.”

They kissed, cuddled and fell fast asleep.



*****



“Lindsay, do you promise that you’ll come to our couples therapy this week and that you’ll join me at the Plaza?” Mel asked, hoping for a positive response. “We really need this. I don’t want to end up a statistic.”

They were whispering as they lay in bed.

“Neither do I. And I promise I’ll be there at our appointment and at the hotel. Did Michael agree to have JR stay over?”

“He was all for it. He’ll get her after school and then drop her at school Monday morning. We’ll have the whole weekend. Is Mr. Bloom okay with this?”

“Yes. Everything is all set for the Emerging Artists show and it’s not like we’re going out of the country. But he understands that this can’t wait.” Lindsay moved her head closer to Melanie’s shoulder. “I’m sorry about Jamie. I got caught off guard and flattered that someone that young still found me attractive.”

“I always find you attractive,” Mel admitted.

“You’re still so beautiful and sexy. But I guess I don’t think things through like I should.”

“Lindz, I swear to you, there’s nothing going on between me and Leda.”

“I know. Brian told me that the weekend that I thought you two were together, Leda was up here.”

“Here where?”

“Here, here. Right here. She came up here to work with Brian on her ad campaign.”

“You don’t think the three of them...”

“No I don’t.

“I agree; the evidence is quite clear.”

“Evidence?”

“Brian and Justin, and only Brian and Justin, case closed.”

“Case closed.”



*****



The boys took a leisurely shower, washing off the sweat of the day and the smoky scent of the barbecue. They took pleasure in washing each other, gliding soapy sponges over taut smooth skin. When they were clean, Brian wrapped Justin up in a large fluffy bath sheet, then donning his own robe. He led Justin to their bed. The robe and towel landed in a heap at the foot of the bed as Brian kissed Justin deeply. The lovers entwined in the middle of their bed.

Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck just behind his right ear, nudging the damp blond locks away with his nose. Justin turned slightly to give Brian better access. A smug smile came to Brian’s lips, silently pleased and almost relieved that he could still turn on his young lover.

“Brian,” Justin whimpered impatiently as he tried to fist his own cock.

“Mine,” Brian commanded as he batted away Justin’s hand. He went down on Justin, taking long licks from his slit to his balls then to his hole that lay hidden between Justin’s thighs.

“Please,” Justin begged.

“What do you want, Sunshine?”

“Make me come,” Justin pleaded.

“Always,” Brian murmured as he sucked down Justin’s dick and kept on sucking until hot cum shot down his throat.

As Justin shuddered with the aftershocks of his orgasm, Brian spread Justin’s legs wide, exposing the tight bud. With his tongue Brian pushed as much cum and spit as he could into Justin’s hole.

“Oh God! Fuck me!” Justin cried.

Using the cum and spit as lube, Brian pushed himself in, pausing just long enough for Justin to adjust to the intrusion then Brian began to fuck his lover.

“Harder,” Justin demanded.

“My sweet bottom boy,” Brian whispered as he pulled Justin’s legs closer and thrust deeper. Justin was the only lover that could ever match Brian's appetites.

“Yeah, fuck me,” Justin commanded.

Brian obliged until he felt his balls draw up tight. “Close,” Brian warned. Justin fisted his cock until they both came with loud grunts. Brian collapsed onto his elbows then laid his body on Justin’s. Brian felt Justin’s arms encircle him.

After their brains cleared and their breathing evened out, Brian made an interesting revelation.

“I solved your fucking in mid air dilemma.”

“What?”

“I said I...”

“I heard what you said. How?”

“I’ll find a way to hire the Vomit Comet.”

“That sounds gross, and what the fuck is the Vomit Comet?”

“It’s the plane the astronauts use for training in zero gravity. We’d be weightless for only thirty seconds but...”

“And you’d do this for me?”

“You just say the word, Sunshine, and I’ll do whatever it takes.”

With the strength of three Sunshines, Justin flipped Brian onto his back. He gazed down at his lover in amazement, eyes wide and sparkling like dark blue sapphires. Brian stifled a grin. The expression on Justin’s face so reminded Brian of their daughter.

“You’re serious.”

“Yup. It’ll have to wait until Tuesday, and I will have to work my ass off to pay for it...oomph!” Whatever else Brian was going to say was thwarted by Justin’s kisses.

“I don’t need you to hire the Vomit Comet,” Justin said breathlessly.

“No?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Cause I’m flying high right here, and every time we fuck.”

Justin laid his head down on Brian’s chest and drifted off to sleep. Brian managed to cover them both before following Justin in sleep.