- Text Size +

 

Changes

Chapter 5





“Listen,” Brian whispered as Justin opened his eyes.

“What?”

“Silence.”

“Huh?”

“No Emmett, no Munchers, no Bree … silence.”

“Do you think something’s wrong?” Justin asked sitting up as the silence swept over him. With a house full of guests, plus Princess Bree, silence was certainly not the norm.

“Oh, shit, I didn’t think about that,” Brian said sitting up in bed too. He threw back the sheet.

“Wait!” Justin ordered laying his hand on Brian’s arm. “If something was wrong, somebody would have come to get us.”

“True,” Brian said relaxing. “We should probably get up though. Gus and his mothers want to set off for Penn before noon.”

“Yeah, I’m going to miss him.”

“Me too, and Bree will miss him beyond measure.”

“I wonder if she’ll throw another fit when Gus leaves.”

“She is your daughter.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” Justin asked narrowing his eyes.

“Your queenouts are legendary,” Brian smirked.

“Mine! What about yours?”

“We’re discussing your daughter.”

“Why is she my daughter whenever it’s convenient for you to say she is?”

“Because she’s so much like you,” Brian said decisively.

“Other than my coloring … and size, she’s your daughter through and through.”

“Yeah, she is, isn’t she,” Brian chuckled.

“You are the most annoying person I know, Brian Kinney.”

“And you love me anyway.”

“Got that right,” Justin laughed as he shoved Brian back down on the bed and kissed him thoroughly.



*****



Melanie stretched luxuriously and opened her eyes. Morning sunlight flooded the sun porch. She drew in a deep breath enjoying the country air and the feeling of peace.

“Morning,” Lindsay said from beside her.

“Morning,” Melanie said leaning over and kissing Lindsay’s cheek.

“What was that for?”

“I felt like it.”

“You sound like you’re in a good mood this morning,” Lindsay replied with a smile. She had her own luxurious stretch at that moment.

“I am. I really enjoyed this weekend out here. It’s a wonderful place.”

“God, I never thought I’d hear you say that about Brian’s home.”

“Miracles happen,” Melanie said seriously.

“Do they?” Lindsay asked turning to look into Melanie’s eyes. Suddenly they both knew they weren’t talking about Edna’s Treasures any longer.

Melanie nodded. “I’m hoping for one for us.”

Lindsay smiled. “I like the sound of that.”

“Good, I’m glad. I’ve done some serious thinking this weekend.”

“So have I.”

“We should talk.”

“Yeah.”

They stared into each other’s eyes.

“Mom, Mama, are you guys getting up? I’m hungry,” JR said as she came into the sun porch in her pj’s.

Mel and Lindsay looked at each other and chuckled.

“Maybe we can talk when we’re at the Plaza,” Lindsay suggested.

“Yeah, let’s make that a priority,” Mel replied. “We’re awake, JR, just hatching,” Melanie called to her daughter. “Is Gus up yet?”

“Yeah, he’s packing up his stuff.”

“That’s good. We’ll be up in a few minutes.”

“Okay.”



*****



Jenny Rebecca pumped hard with her legs. The swing rose into the air and the cool morning breeze rushed past her. She giggled as she felt the rush she always got from going as high as the length of rope and the branches of the tree would let her.

“Wow,” a voice said from below her.

JR stopped pumping with her legs and looked down to see John Anderson standing off to the side watching her. She smiled at him as the trajectory of the swing grew less and less without her assistance. He came into view as she swung by, and then disappeared as she rose past him.

“I didn’t mean for you to stop,” John called to her, as the swing moved gently back and forth. “You were almost at the max.”

“I know,” JR grinned. “I love to see how high I can go.”

“You have a competitive spirit,” John observed.

JR frowned and thought about that. “I guess I do.”

“So you’ll be starting high school tomorrow.”

“Yeah.”

“Scared?”

JR frowned again. “No, I wouldn’t say I was scared, but I wonder what it will be like.”

“School these days is a bit of an enigma,” John told her.

“Enigma is a good way of describing it,” JR replied. “It’s supposed to be this great time of your life, but it’s really about survival.”

“I see we have a bit of a cynic in you.”

“Sometimes,” JR replied.

John stared at the little girl who was growing up so fast. She was very smart. He wondered if she was happy. She didn’t smile a lot, except when he saw her on the swing. “I hope you get to enjoy high school.”

“Me too.”

“Do you mind all the fuss about Gus going to college?”

JR looked thoughtful. “A little bit … sometimes.”

“High school’s a big deal too.”

“Yeah.”

“If you ever need any help, or someone to talk to, you know where I am.”

“Thanks,” JR replied with a big smile. She always liked talking to Uncle John.

“I think breakfast is in the making when you’re ready to come in.”

“I want to swing really high one more time,” JR said.

“Want a push?”

“Sure.”

John moved around behind the swing and gave JR a big push. She soared up right away. He pushed her again on the down sweep. It didn’t take long until she was swinging high into the air.

“I think you can take it from here,” John said moving aside.

“Thanks, Uncle John. I can.”

John smiled as he watched JR pump her legs getting every last bit of height that she could. She was some girl, he thought as he headed towards the house.

JR saw John go into the sun porch. She really liked him. He was always so kind to her and so nice. She knew she could always talk to him if she needed to, but it was nice to hear him say it too.

Then a frown crossed her face. He hadn’t called her ‘little missy’. She wondered why. Was she too grown up for that now? She always liked it when John called her that. She knew she was growing up, but she didn’t want to leave all the good things behind, like ‘little missy’ and the swing and playing with Bree.

JR heaved a sigh as she let the swing slow down. Everything was changing. She could only hope it would be for the better.



*****



“Gus, breakfast is almost ready,” JR informed her brother. He had just about finished packing to go back to Penn. JR’s overnight bag was sitting by the bedroom door.

“Thanks, I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry. Are you sure you’re Uncle Brian’s son and not Uncle Justin’s?” JR and Gus laughed.

“Nah, I’m pretty sure I’m my Pop’s son. Look at me!”

“Yeah,” JR agreed. “Gus, are you going to miss me?”

“That’s a stupid question; of course I’m going to miss you.”

“I just thought...”

“What?” Gus stopped what he was doing to give his sister his full attention.

“Sometimes I think you love Bree more than me,” JR whispered, she had tears in her eyes.

“But why?”

“Because she’s your real sister.”

“JR, what makes her more real than you? Besides, I’ve known you longer and you put up with my shit more than Bree does. She’s just younger. JR, I love both of you and I’m going to miss both of you and it’s not like I’m going half way around the world! Sheesh, women!” Gus griped.

“Really?” JR asked as she threw herself into her brother’s arms.

“Really,” Gus said as he hugged her. “I love you, JR, and I love Bree too. I think there’s more drama with Bree ‘cause we don’t see each other every day.”

“I guess so,” JR murmured into her brother’s chest. After a few minutes Gus pushed JR back. “Is there something else?”

“Um, I start high school tomorrow,” JR said meekly.

“Shit! High school, that’s big time. You scared?”

“Were you?”

“Shitless.”

“I never knew.”

“You were just a little kid and I was always tall for my age so, I guess you never figured it out.”

“Is it hard?”

“Sometimes, but you’re real smart. You’re going to breeze through it.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.”

“Can I call you if I have a question or something?”

“Sure. Anytime.” Brother and sister shared another hug.

“Gus, JR, breakfast,” they heard their mother call through the door.

“Coming!”



*****



“Helllooo!” Emmett called out from the front door. The guys had come up the lane to wish Gus well and to say goodbye to the girls. Emmett had goodie bags made up for everyone.

“What is all this?” Brian complained as he scanned the various parcels.

“This one is for Gus. Just some healthy snacks he can keep in his room for when he gets a little hungry due to all of that studying he’s planning on doing,” Emmett said giving the college lad a pointed look.

“Thank you, Auntie Emm,” Gus said sincerely.

“Come here,” Emmett said as he hugged the boy. “You behave at college and make us all proud.”

“I will,” Gus replied.

“Now, this basket is for you,” Emmett said as he wiped an errant tear from his eye then gave a huge basket of muffins and popovers to the girls for them to take home.

“And share with JR,” Emmett said wagging his finger at Lindsay and Mel. JR wore a wide grin.

“We will!” the girls said together.

“And you leave the arrangements for next weekend all to me,” Emmett said confidentially.

“Thank you,” they said as they each kissed a cheek.

“Oh pshaw. As for you,” Emm said addressing JR, “try to keep your mothers out of trouble.”

“I’ll try, Auntie Emm,” JR said as she found herself enveloped into Emmett’s arms.

“Good girl.”

“Hey, what am I, chopped liver? Don’t I get any popovers?” Brian growled.

Drew handed Brian a huge box. In it were several packages all labeled for the Anderson-Morrison side and the Kinney-Taylor side of Edna’s Treasures. Brian looked in the box and rummaged about. Satisfied with what he saw, he smiled then passed the box to John who also had a look-see.

“GUUUUSSSSS!”

“Hey, short stuff, remember what I told you,” Gus reminded Bree as he picked her up and hugged her close.

“I can call you at night if I want to and you’ll be back for your birthday party.”

“And...”

“And I should call JR too because she’s our sister too.”

“Right.” Gus and Bree turned to JR who was shocked but please to be included. She smiled brightly then moved toward them when Gus held out his free arm. The siblings hugged closely.

The moms and the dads smiled on approvingly.

With the car packed, the Edna’s Treasures family waved goodbye to Gus, JR and the girls.

“Are you all right with Gus going, baby girl?” Justin asked his daughter.

“I’m okay, Daddy.”

“And is it okay that you’re not going with him?” Justin asked as the rest of the family held their breath waiting for Bree’s answer.

“It’s okay. But as soon as I finish the re-queer-mints for college, I’m going!” Bree declared decisively then grabbed Patrick’s hand to lead him out to the Wendy house to play. Patrick went quietly, not wanting to argue with his diminutive cousin.

“The princess has spoken,” Emmett said with a flourish, as they all watched the kids go. “Brian,” Emmett began seriously, “we closed up the cottage for now. All the lawn furniture has been put away and all unnecessary appliances have been unplugged. We may not be back until the holidays.”

“We know the drill. We’ll keep an eye on the place,” Brian said.

Then Beau added a “Woof!”

“Beau will keep an eye on the place too,” John added as he patted the big dog’s head.

“I know we can count on him,” Drew said. Ted, Allen, Drew and Emmett were all going back to Pittsburgh together. Molly, Owen and baby Taylor were leaving as well.

The boys all waved as the caravan of two cars drove slowly down the lane.

“This was a very nice weekend,” Bobby commented, snaking his arm around John’s waist as they turned to walk back into the cottage.

“I agree,” John said as he leaned down to give Bobby a kiss. “And I think the girls had a good time too. They seemed to have connected a bit more.”

The boys murmured their agreement.

“I’m just happy to have my nice quiet cottage back,” Brian groused although no one believed him. “Maybe things will get back to normal around here.”

“Maybe,” Justin mumbled as he patted his husband’s ass while they followed John and Bobby into the cottage. Brian nodded with understanding. He could expect another workout later that night. For now, Justin would be satisfied at his easel while Brian took care of some business up in his attic office.

Edna’s Treasures was once again at peace.



*****



“Another Summer here and gone,” John commented as he and Bobby prepared for bed. The rest of the evening remained quiet. The kids had taken early baths. Their school clothes were laid out for the next day, backpacks prepared and at the door.

“It amazes me how fast the kids seem to be growing up, but I don’t feel any older,” Bobby said. “I mean I know I’m older but...”

“That’s because you still look like a young man in his twenties,” John complimented his spouse, hugging the younger man close to him.

“And you are the sexiest man I have ever met,” Bobby said, looking up into those expressive hazel eyes that he loved so much. Bobby could feel himself grow hard. “I want you,” he whispered then reached up onto his toes to give John a kiss. They merged together, somehow finding the bed then making love until spent.

“I’ll never grow tired of this,” John said with a contented sigh as he rolled onto his back, feeling the familiar burn at his hole and loving it.

“Never?”

“Never.”

“Quite the opposite from your brother who appeared to be walking a little funny this morning,” Bobby said with a smirk.

“Yes, well, he never quite mastered the skill although he does pinch hit well from what I gather,” John said with mirth. “But we can’t fault him; he didn’t have as skillful an instructor as I did.”

“You think I’m skillful?”

“Bobby, love, if it wasn’t for your tenderness, patience and love, I wouldn’t enjoy it as much as I do.”

Bobby gave his husband a brilliant smile then snuggled close as the lovers fell into a deep and satisfying sleep.



*****



Brian and Justin shared a wonderfully warm and satisfying shower. As the warm water sluiced over their bodies, Justin went to his knees to suck Brian off, gently fingering Brian’s tight hole in preparation of things to come. Justin steadied his lover as Brian came then wrapped him up in his thick robe to lead Brian to their bed.

Shoving Brian back onto the mattress, Justin grabbed hold of Brian’s thighs, positioning him so that Justin had better access. Over the years they had learned how to compensate for their height difference, especially Brian’s long legs. Justin lubed himself up then firmly pushed his way in. Brian gasped as Justin’s dick hit its mark. Just then a myriad of emotions flooded Justin’s face and he became very still.

“Justin?” Brian questioned softly seeing the expressions on Justin’s face and reading them correctly.

“I’m sorry,” Justin breathed as he tried to withdraw. Brian tightened his grip, wrapping his legs around Justin’s waist.

“For what?”

“I’m hurting you.”

“No, you’re not but I think somehow I’ve hurt you.” Justin couldn’t think of how he was hurt. “Emotionally, hurt,” Brian continued.

Justin gave Brian a very confused look.

“All this talk about Brandon and even that little scene with Leda when she was here. I don’t blame you for staking your claim.”

“But that’s so...”

“Immature?” Justin nodded. “Maybe, or maybe it’s just a male thing. Someone’s trying to usurp your territory and you just have to piss all over it to reinforce the boundaries. Seems pretty normal to me.”

“You mean that?”

“Yes I do.”

“So you’re not angry.”

“No, but I will be if you don’t shut up and fuck me,” Brian growled. “Fuck me, Justin,” he commanded, feeling Justin’s dick grow harder inside him. “Fuck me!” Justin grabbed hold of Brian’s thighs and began to do as he was bid.

Before his brain cells were no longer able to function, Brian realized he had made the right call. His Sunshine was a very masterful top. Brian vowed to make sure Justin never forgot that. Brian gasped loudly as Justin hit home once again.