- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We meet Justin and Brian's daughter, learn about Justin's condition and see Debbie in action... and Brian learns who his real friends and family are.

AT THE HOSPITAL

 

They all arrived a little over twenty minutes later and a nurse lead them into a room where they had to wait for Justin's doctor. Jennifer and Molly couldn't stop crying while Brian was dangerously calm. Too many bad memories from the prom were haunting him. He was startled when the doctor walked in.

 

"My name is Dr Kolb, I just checked Mr Taylor. His condition is critical, he had lost a lot of blood and I'm afraid that his kidnapper used a dirty knife so we had to give him antibiotics. We've managed to keep him stable so far but we cannot promise anything yet. We'll have to wait and see if he makes it through the night. I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you." The doctor informed them about Justin's condition.

 

Jennifer was the first to speak. "Thank you, Dr Kolb. We appreciate your efforts. What about Justin's baby? Do you have any news about her?"

 

"Yes, that little girl is remarkably well given the circumstances. You can see her if you wish." Kolb offered and lead the group to the nursery.

 

Brian looked at his little daughter and that's when reality hit him. His precious beautiful little girl may never meet her daddy because of Michael and Lindsay. The nurse, an elder woman promised to inform them if anything happened before they went to the waiting room where they found Debbie.

 

"You bastard! Kinney, you're a monster! Michael was shot! They hurt him." Debbie yelled at Brian. It was enough for Daphne, she couldn't stand Debbie's hypocrisy.

 

"SHUT UP YOU WIG ABUSER!" She, as in Daphne, yelled right back at the waitress. "How dare you blame Brian for your criminal son's stupidity? Brian didn't tell him to kidnap Justin, he didn't tell him to hurt Justin so bad that he might die. It also wasn't Brian who shot your useless piece of son. It was the cops and they probably had their reasons. And you should be glad about that because if I see the fucker I'd off him with my bare hands. I'm sick and tired of you blaming Brian for everything that went wrong in your son's life. He's a fucking adult who destroyed his relationships and marriages because he can't let go of a fantasy. He hates Justin so much that he almost killed him. And I swear to you, if Justin doesn't survive this, I will gladly kill your son myself and spend the rest of my life happily in jail."

 

"And you should also remember that you raised Michael, not Brian. It was you and only you. You let him get away with everything, you never accepted that your son wasn't as nice and charming as you imagined him to be but instead of facing the truth, you blamed everyone else but that shit will stop now. You are a cunt and as stupid and heartless as your fucking son." Molly added just as angrily.

 

Debbie, who was shocked at Daphne and Molly's outburst, blinked and tried to come up with something to say but no words left her mouth. Carl walked into the waiting room and stopped his ex from saying anything else.

 

"How can you attack Brian like that? Who are you? You look like the Debbie I used to love but you don't act like her at all. In fact, you act just like your son, Deb. Lindsay and Michael stole Brandon's car, kidnapped and drugged Justin. They sliced him open with a dirty knife and were about to kill a little innocent baby, disguising it as love for Brian. I wasn't the one who fired a weapon, but I'm proud of every officer that did. The doctor will remove the bullets from Michael and Lindsay and then they will be escorted to jail. They won't get out of this Deb. You have to decide if you want to go down with them or try to live your own life. It's on you now. But be aware, I will not tolerate you blaming and harassing Brian, Justin or anyone else from their family. Your son made his bed and now has to sleep in it. You still have the chance to make your own." Carl told her sternly. The disappointment was clear to see on his face and to hear in his voice.

 

Debbie looked at her ex and the people she used to call her family, shook her head and left while the gang sat down and waited for news about their sunshine.

 

'This is all my fault. Justin wouldn't have to deal with all the shit in his life if it wasn't for me. He wouldn't even know Michael or Lindsay without me. I fucking failed him again. I almost got him and our daughter killed.' Brian thought but Jennifer noticed and watched him closely. She had a good idea what was going through the brunette's mind.

 

"Brian?" She asked gently but didn't receive a reaction from him. With a little more force she managed to raise Brian out of his dangerous thoughts and told him sternly, "Stop right there, Brian! You are not to blame for this mess. You haven't done anything wrong! You did what every human does: fell in love. It's not your fault that Lindsay and Michael could not deal with it. They each had wonderful and loving partners but failed to give them their love. You are also not to blame for Debbie's mistakes. She chose to ignore everything negative about her son and refused to believe that he wasn't her perfect angel. She started it and taught Michael everything. She lied about his father and never faced her own mistakes. Michael learned that from her. And Lindsay was raised by people who worried more about how people view them. They're both spoiled brats and none of that is your fault. Justin loves and respects you, something Lindsay, Michael and Debbie never truly did. They loved you for what you could give them but not for yourself. Justin does and he taught each one of us that you were nothing like your father or a heartless asshole. We all have opened our eyes to your true self and we love you. Justin told you from the very beginning that you're a wonderful father to Gus and yes, you have had your problems because you're both too stubborn for your own good but no matter what happened, you always found your way back to each other. You are stronger together. Don't believe the shit Debbie just spouted. You are loveable and most importantly: you are worth loving. You deserve love and happiness." Jennifer spoke passionately and in tears.

 

Brian looked around and saw everyone nodding in agreement with Jennifer. Maybe they were right, maybe it was time to leave all the pain and bitterness behind. Michael, Debbie and Lindsay never really knew him but believed in the masks and walls he built in order to protect himself. He now knew who his real friends were and there wasn't any need for the huge walls anymore. He had Gus and a beautiful little girl, now all he needed was for Justin to fight the infection and wake up so they could live and watch their children grow up together.

 


AT DEBBIE'S HOUSE

DEB'S THOUGHTS

 

'How could they talk to me like that? I've always been there for them, I loved them, provided them with food and a safe place and this is how they thank me? Michael would have never done any of this to Sunshine if Brian hadn't always lead him on. I knew he was trouble from the moment I first saw him. He was always in trouble either with other students, teachers or parents. Why couldn't he love my boy? Michael always took care of him and protected him. He ruined his own life to make Brian happy but the asshole was never satisfied. He couldn't leave my poor boy alone. And now Michael could go to jail and Brian gets away with everything. He always did. When he abused his nephew or that Kip guy he had Michael to help him through that. And Ted... he would have been all alone at the hospital if it wasn't for my Michael. Blake left him to die and Michael was there to help him. Even later when he did drugs, Michael never let him down. Now he acts like Michael never did anything good for him. Just like Emmett. Michael took him in for free so Emmett had a place to stay, he was there for him when the shit with Teddy and Drew happened. Mel isn't any better either. She wouldn't have had Jenny if it wasn't for my Michael. Ben should have been happy to have someone who married him. I always knew he wasn't good enough for my son. Hunter would probably be dead already if it wasn't for Michael helping him. And Justin... he used to be such a good boy. Michael helped him with the comic and gave Justin a source of income but he had to flaunt his relationship with Brian to Michael although he knew that my boy had feelings for the bastard. Molly is really just a spoiled brat. How Jennifer could let the little madam talk to me like that, I don't get it. Daphne acts like she's all perfect but she's just a slut with a big crush on Justin. She wants him for herself. I need to make sure that I get custody of jenny. Mel will fill her head with lies about Michael and me as she grows and I can't let that happen. And how dare Carl compare me to Lindsay? I thought he was a good man but now I know he's not. They will all come back to me, begging for my forgiveness as soon as they've realized how badly they have treated me.'

 


BACK AT THE HOSPITAL

 

Jennifer, Molly and Daphne took turns to check on Justin and Brian's baby girl. They were all shocked from the news that Justin fell into a coma because of the blood loss and the infection. Due to his allergies, they couldn't just give him any medicine but had to carefully pick the right one. Justin was weak and his condition had everyone worried.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Still working on the next chapters. I don't think this story will be over soon. Lots more is coming and needs to be written.

Thanks to everyone who keeps reading and leaving me feedback. It's really appreciated as I'm insecure about writing this story. Makes me very happy to see that you enjoy it so far.

Sandy xoxo