- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian tells us the name he and Justin picked for their daughter. Do you like it? Lindsay and Michael get treatment for their wounds... I couldn't bring myself to be gentle or care for them.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Brian felt like he was going crazy. In the past few months he had learned that the people he called his best friends and family had betrayed him. It was finally over but Justin was the one who had to pay the price for Brian's inability to see Lindsay and Michael for who they were. He couldn't protect Justin and their daughter, he couldn't stop his former best friends and no matter what Jennifer and the others told him: he was a failure. Sitting in the waiting room, he thought back to the night he met the tough blonde fighter. Brian knew that Justin was special, different than the other tricks. Hell, Justin never was a trick. He wanted more from him although he wasn't ready to admit it at that time but Justin somehow found a way to break through the walls right into his heart. They had lots of ups and downs but always found their way back to each other. Even death couldn't tear them apart. But now things were different. It wasn't just about the two of them anymore. It included Gus and Jenny, and of course their own daughter. Brian was raised out of his thoughts by a nurse.

 

"Mr. Kinney? I know you're very worried about your partner but I need you to fill out the papers for your daughter. Did you and Mr Taylor pick a name already?" The nurse, Regina, kindly asked the tired brunette.

 

"Yeah..." Brian sighed. "We did. Leonie Estefania Kinney. I wanted to propose to him but never got the chance." He told Regina sadly. Emmett couldn't hold back the tears at this point.

 

"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. She will bring you all the happiness in the world. I will fill out the papers and call the doctor to see if there is any news. I truly hope you'll get the chance to propose to your partner." Regina said with a small smile.

 

"Thank you." Brian answered tiredly.

 


TREATMENT ROOM 3 - MICHAEL

"Ouch... for fuck's sake! Can't you be a little more careful?" Michael shouted. The doctor just finished removing the second bullet. The first gazed his upper arm but the 2nd went right into his ass. He figured that Novotny must have turned after the first bullet grazed him. He had zero compassion for the injured man tho. The doctor would rather be at home with his wife and two children instead of treating such a cold hearted person.

 

"If you would hold still it wouldn't hurt that much. But it might gives you a clue on what your victim had to go through. I can't wait to get rid of you." The doctor sneered. Michael blinked but didn't say a word.

 

As soon as the doctor was finished, he lead two police officers into the room who immediately cuffed Michael to take him to the station.

 

TREATMENT ROOM 7 - LINDSAY

Dr. Cassandra Elves had seen it all, or so she thought. Treating Lindsay Peterson gave her the creeps. The blonde woman wouldn't stop talking about her victim. She complained about the unfairness she had to live with. Elves figured Lindsay was convinced that Brian Kinney should only have children with her. She was supposed to marry the brunette, not Justin Taylor. Elves was sure as hell no art expert but even she had seen Justin's work and knew that he was anything but mediocre. She wondered if Lindsay could get away with her crime by claiming insanity. Listening to her ranting surely left the Doctor with the impression that Lindsay had lost her mind a long time ago.

 

She didn't even try to be careful when removing the bullet from Lindsay's hip but she wished that the blonde witch would have to indulge more pain. A woman who was ready to kill a baby and the father so cruelly didn't deserve any compassion. While Elves herself never saw children or marriage in her future, she respected women and men who wanted to have a family. Lindsay Peterson and her companion Michael Novotny didn't deserve a family tho. Those two belong in a cell, far away from the people they wanted to hurt.

 


WAITING ROOM

"Mr. Kinney?" Nurse Regina approached the group. "I just talked to the doctor. Justin's condition hasn't changed but he said you could see him for a couple of minutes if you would like. I'm sure he would be happy to feel your presence."

 

"I want to see him." Brian said and stood up. He followed the nurse and sat next to Justin's bed. Seeing his sunshine so still and lifeless hurt him so much and it reminded him strongly of the prom. He carefully laid his hand over his lover's and spoke softly to him.

 

"I know you're hurting, Sunshine but I need you. We need you. Leonie Estefania is doing so good. I guess she has your fighting spirit. If I could take the pain away and make everything alright again I would." He sighed and took a deep breath. "Come back to me, to us. Don't let Michael and Lindsay win. You're strong, Sunshine. Don't leave me, please. I love you so much and want for us to see our kids growing up." He was interrupted by a knock on the glass. The doctor motioned for him to go back to the waiting room.

 

"I have to go back, Sunshine but I promise to be here. When you open your beautiful eyes I won't be far." He kissed his lover gently on the lips before he stood up and left the room with tears in his eyes.

 

4 HOURS LATER

"Mr. Kinney?" Nurse Regina called quietly. She really felt for the brunette and the entire family that sat in the waiting room, praying for young Justin to survive.

 

"Yeah..." Brian answered weakly.

 

"Someone wants to see you." She said with a bright smile. "He just woke up. The doctor is with him but he really wants to see you."

 

Brian jumped up and practically ran to Justin's room. He didn't bother to knock on the door. When he laid eyes on his beautiful partner, he felt like his heart was bursting. His Justin was alive and smiling at him.

 

"Justin!" Brian breathed. "Justin, God Justin." Not finding anything to say, Brian ran towards Justin's bed and grabbed his lover's hand and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

 

"Oh God Brian... it was terrible." Justin hiccuped. "They killed her, Brian They killed our daughter. I couldn't protect her, Brian. I'm so sorry." The blonde couldn't stop crying.

 

"No Justin, they didn't kill her. Our princess is alive. She's such a tough cookie, just like you are. She's well and getting stronger minute by minute." Brian told him, crying too.

 

"She is alive? Not dead? They didn't kill her? Oh thank God! I... I was so scared that we had lost her, Brian." Justin whispered.

 

"Mr. Taylor, I'm sorry to interrupt this private moment but I really need to check your vitals and ask you a couple of questions." The Doctor said but was ignored by the two lovers. He wasn't really mad or annoyed tho. He read the reports and could only imagine how precious this moment was for both of them.

 

Brian agreed to let the Doctor check Justin over while he would update Jennifer, Molly and the others who were still sitting not very patiently in the waiting room. He also wanted to ask Nurse Regina if he could take Leonie to Justin.

 

The family was so relieved to hear about Justin and of course they wanted to see the young man but they agreed to go home and wait until the next day. Nurse Regina agreed to bring Leonie to her daddies after getting Justin's room ready for the infant. She told Brian to go back to his lover and wait for her to bring the little girl.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Alright, the first section of the story is done here (the story itself is not over yet)!! Now we'll follow Justin's recovery, how Brian is going to deal with everything that happened, how the kids and family will deal with the tragic events and how Brian and Justin make it through the many traumas Justin went through. Also, what our favorite villains will have to face and how will Debbie decide for her life? Will she stick to her son or not?

Do you like the name I chosed for their daughter? Leonie Estefania. I wanted the name Leonie included in honor of my friend's daughter who died at the age of 5 on cancer. I miss her terribly and love the name so much. Estefania is a name that I heard many years ago and I liked it.

Sandy xoxo