- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin confronts Debbie... will it help? And we get the first glimpse of payback *evil laugh*... poor Michael... or not.

DEBBIE'S HOUSE

"So Sunshine, what do you want to talk about?" Debbie asked calmly but she was seething on the inside. She was so sure that Justin was about to talk badly about her son.

 

"I know this situation is not easy for you, Deb. I know that. But I think you need to see that this isn't about you. Lindsay and Michael did this to me and Brian, not you. Do you honestly expect me and Brian to let this go because you want us to?" Justin asked her.

 

"Brian owes me and Michael. We protected him and gave him shelter." Debbie told him sternly. "And the same goes for you. If it wasn't for me you would have ended up on the streets after your parents kicked you out and Brian didn't want you around." She reminded him.

 

"Yes Deb, you and Michael were important to him and you were there for him when he needed you but you could have done more if you're honest with yourself. You let Brian go home, never went to the police or child service to make sure he was safe from Jack and Joan. But that's not the point right now. You protected him? No you didn't. You patched him up, gave him some food and a bed to sleep in but you sent him back home. How many times did Brian protect Michael at school from the bullies? How many times did Brian help Michael with his school work or you with the mortgage or bills? Hasn't he paid enough? Emotionally and financially? And Deb please remember the huge check my mom gave to you on a regular basis while I lived here. You got more than enough money for that time." Justin stated calmly.

 

"What about Rage? Without Michael you wouldn't have made a dime at all." Debbie continued, ignoring what Justin just told her.

 

"I was the one drawing it, Deb. Michael just did the dialogue and that wasn't even coming from him. He used MY life and Brian's and even our conversations. Michael couldn't have done the comic without me either or without Brian, who paid a lot of money to promote it. Remember the party at Babylon for the comic? It was all paid for by Brian and Brian alone." Justin said.

 

"I remember that party very well Sunshine." Deb sneered. "You left Brian for the fiddler that night. And Michael was there for him. I tried my best to support both of you." She continued.

 

"Of course I remember what I did. But I owned my mistakes and made amends. Brian forgave me just as I forgave him for the mistakes he made. We're not the perfect couple, never were and probably never will be and we both don't want that. But those mistakes were ours to make and judge, not yours. Michael wasn't there for him. He told Brian that he should have left me to die and Michael was there with Brian at the hospital. He knew how much the bashing affected him and Michael still said that and watched all of you blaming Brian. You called Brian an animal instead of demanding what happened. You know where Brian came from, he wasn't violent but you all were too busy ganging up on him to see that." Justin stopped her.

 

"Michael was wrong to say that but he was upset with you." Debbie told him.

 

"Why? I didn't cheat on him. It was between me, Brian and Ethan. Not Michael. But please, let's get to the point of my visit. Everything that happened in the past between you, Brian and Michael - good and bad - does that really excuse Michael trying to kill me and my daughter? Does it? Because Debbie, Michael wasn't just trying to ruin my relationship with Brian. He wanted to kill me and my daughter, my innocent baby daughter." Justin asked and could see Debbie trying to come up with another excuse.

 

"Do you think that Michael would have done that if Brian hadn't always been stringing him along?" She asked.

 

"Do you really think that this is an excuse for his attempt to kill my daughter and me?" Justin snapped.

 

Debbie blinked but couldn't come up with something to say so Justin took a deep breath and began talking to her.

 

"Listen Debbie, Brian loves you and a part of him always will love you like a mother but you hurt him. You are no different than Michael if you keep going like this and I won't stand by and watch you destroy the most amazing man I've ever met. Trust me when I tell you that I will get a restraining order against you and that would still be me being nice to you, Deb. Brian has suffered enough for your love and acceptance. The truth is that your love is not only conditional but also toxic and your acceptance isn't worth shit. Stay away from Brian and my family or get your shit together and be the mother and woman you always claim to be." Justin told her sternly. When he was finished he got up and left the waitress stunned.

 

Outside in his car, Justin took a deep breath and cried silently, mourning for the loss of the closest thing Brian had for a mother. He knew that if Debbie wouldn't stop the shit Brian would lose her and no matter how many times his stud would deny it, he would be hurting.

 


PITTSBURGH JAIL - MALE PRISONER SECTION

 

"Novotny!" Michael jumped in surprise when his name was called. He turned around to see the other inmates stalking towards him.

 

"W-what is going on?" He asked shakingly.

 

"Payback Time, Bitch Novotny." One of the guys said.

 

"Yeah… what's the problem now? You can hurt an innocent baby but can't stand up for yourself when faced with someone your height?" Roger sneered. "We know what you did and now it's time for you to pay the price for your crimes."

 

"No, no… you got it wrong. I… I t-tried to save my best friend." Michael whined but nobody listened to him. Roger and his buddies grabbed him and dragged him to the bathroom.

 

"Oh lookie Michael, Raphael left you a nice present. I'll give you some hints: it's brown and stinks." Another voice sneered and pushed Michael's head into the toilet.

 

Each one of the 31 inmates repeated the action and reminded him to chew carefully before some even decided to piss on the crying Michael whose face was covered with shit.

 

When they were done with him, Roger leaned down and promised Michael, "that is only the beginning, Novotny. We have more coming for you." With that, Roger and the rest of the guys left Michael lying on the cold floor in the bathroom, their laughter echoing in the walls.

 


THE LOFT - BRIAN

 

'Where's the little shit? How could he just go out without saying a word? I swear I'm going to kill the twat when he comes back.' Brian muttered after he hung up on Jennifer. He called her as well as Daphne, Emmett and Ted but nobody had seen Justin. He knew he couldn't go out and look for Justin since the kids were here. He heaved a sigh of relief when he heard the loft door opening and shutting and saw Justin coming towards him.

 

"Where have you been? Do you have any idea how fucking worried I've been?" Brian said but stopped his rant when he noticed how sad his lover looked. "What's wrong, Justin?"

 

"I went to see Deb." Justin told him sadly.

 

"What for?" Brian asked confused.

 

"For you, you idiot. I tried to make her see that nothing can excuse what Michael did so she either has to get her shit together or leave us alone. I don't know what she will do." Justin cried.

 

Brian, who was amazed with the love and care his lover had for him, walked up to Justin and hugged him tightly. "It's up to her. As long as I have you and our beautiful family I will be happy and have everything I need. And you gave me a real mother in Jennifer, Sunshine." He whispered.

 

"I love you, Brian. I won't have her showing up and hurting you." Justin told him and almost melted when Brian gave him a huge, honest smile.

 

"I love you, too Sunshine." Brian whispered

Chapter End Notes:

Finally an update. I'm back at the hospital during the week and only home on the weekends so updates will probably take longer now. I hope you'll enjoy it, tho. Sandy xoxo