- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is all about Brian dealing with a sobbing and begging Debbie... but what is she begging for?

2 DAYS LATER - THE LOFT


Brian just put Leonie into her crib after having changed her diaper, Justin was still asleep and from what Brian could see, having a good dream. The way he whispered Brian's name breathlessly gave the ad exec a good idea what his Sunshine's dream was about. Brian loved nothing more than to watch his little family. He enjoyed the calm and peacefulness when Justin, Gus and Leo were happy and rested. It's what helped him to deal with all the bad shit that happened to them.

 

That beautiful moment was interrupted by a soft knocking on the door and left Brian wondering who would show up at seven in the morning on a Sunday. Opening the door, Brian changed his demeanour within seconds from relaxed to tense, ready to rip Debbie's head off.

 

"What do you want?" He asked her sharply with a raised eyebrow.

 

"I want to talk to you…" Debbie said weakly. Brian nodded and motioned for her to come in.

 

"Alright. Talk but no yelling. The kids are sleeping and so is Justin. The moment you get loud I will kick your sorry ass out." He told her sternly, not letting her see how he really felt.

 

A big part of Brian missed Debbie. Or at least, one side of her. He knew that she had a big heart but was blinded by her love for her son. He also knew that Debbie was willingly blind to all Michael's mistakes and faults. Brian was sure he and his family would move on without her but a tiny part of him still hoped for Deb to be the woman he knew she could be.

 

"I was mad at Sunshine after he kinda ripped me a new asshole, you know but that little adorable shit was right." She started but wavered quickly. "I know that I hurt you, all of you with my behavior lately and there really is no excuse for that but can't anyone see or at least try to see I'm a mother? I only ever wanted what was best for Michael. I… I wanted him to be happy, to know that he will always be loved. Do you guys really think that I raised him with the intention of him becoming a monster? I'm aware that I failed but I didn't just fail you guys or my son. I failed Vic and most of all, I failed myself when all I ever wanted was happiness for all the people that I care about. I miss all of our family and although nobody can understand it, I even miss my son. It is so fucking hard to see the son you love and had always put first before anyone else become so evil and, and… shit." She was sobbing openly now.

 

Brian did think the same about her conflicted feelings. He knew she would have problems to see Michael for real and not the boy she raised and he could understand her pain but it was not an excuse in his eyes.

 

"Nobody believes that you raised him like that, Debbie. You never taught him how to kill someone, to torture and kidnap someone but you did teach him to manipulate, to ignore problems, to put the blame on others. And you still do that. You know I have been thinking about everything you said since Michael and Lindsay lost it and you wanna know what hurts the most? Not your insults and blaming me for everything. But the moment you attacked Justin, I swear I wanted to punch you. Sunshine is my everything. First, I almost lost him because of Hobbs, then it was because of that stupid bomb. But then I almost lost him because of two people I called my friends. Justin went through hell and back to survive and live. And what did you do? That blonde piece of ass comment of yours was the most hurtful thing you could have said. I said that to him myself once, when we were on the outs during the fiddler-period. I saw the hurt in his eyes, the anger, the pain. But do you know what I saw when you said that to him? Acceptance. He accepted that you will never love him like a son. You will never love anyone like a son. He knew he had lost the woman he used to adore and look up to and that's when I realized that I will protect my family even from you if I have to." He told her, not giving away the insecurity he truly felt.

 

"I am sorry for all the things that I said. However, I still need your help Brian." Debbie looked at him.

 

"Deb, I cannot tell Justin or anyone else to forgive you. I can't help you with that." Brian interrupted her.

 

"I know that, Brian." Debbie snapped, hating to be interrupted. She took a deep, calming breath before continuing. "Michael called me last night. He said he'd been attacked by some guys in jail. They made him eat shit and hurt him. I don't know what I am supposed to do now. I don't think I can just walk into prison and demand for them to keep Michael safe. Please help me, Brian. I know you're upset with Michael but you know that he doesn't deserve to be treated like this." She begged.

 

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" Brian yelled outraged. Shaking his head, he tried to lower his voice. "Did you just come here to beg for me to help him? Is that the real reason for your wannabe apology? GET OUT!"

 

"Brian please, listen…" Debbie began but Brian stopped her.

 

"NO! GET OUT! Don't come back here, don't call us. If you see us on the street, go into another direction. Poor little Mikey you say? I say he gets what he fucking deserved and that isn't even half as bad as what he did to Justin now GET OUT OF OUR LIVES!" He shouted and Debbie all but ran out of the loft, scared of Brian.

 

"FUCK! SHIT! I almost fell for her bullshit." Brian yelled, then mumbled over and over. He jumped a little when two arms were wrapped around his waist but the soothing voice of his ray of sunshine calmed him instantly.

 

"I'm so proud of you, Brian." Justin whispered sweetly. "We both made mistakes in the past but just so you know. When you called me a piece of blonde ass I knew you didn't mean it because I could see it in your eyes. It pained you to say that to me. But none of that matters anymore. Let's move on from all the ugly shit we faced in our past."


Brian held his Sunshine tightly, savoring his words and smell, breathing in his scent before he picked the blonde up and carried him to the bedroom. With the kids still sleeping, he needed a hot make out session with his lover.


TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you all for being so patient with me. I'll be home the next week but my niece is coming for a visit so I cannot promise anything. I will try my best to update tho :)

Sandy xoxo