- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Debbie talks to Hunter... Brian and Justin get the final results from Justin's blood tests and a huge surprise...

LATER THAT DAY

Hunter finished cleaning the dish and sighed deeply. Justin called him earlier to warn him and the gang about Debbie's quest to find help for poor little Mikey. Hunter's first thought was that Justin pranked him but then realized that it was a classic Debbie move. He was grateful that Debbie had welcomed him into her world and supported Ben and Michael when they adopted him but he refused to pay that debt for the rest of his life. Especially since Ben never once held it over his head. Michael and Deb did but nobody else.

 

A part of him was ashamed of his behavior towards Justin at the beginning but Justin didn't seem to hold it against him. Shit, Justin probably understood his attitude towards Brian. But unlike Justin, Hunter never fell in love with Brian. Yeah, he was attracted to Kinney but that wasn't the same as loving him. The young man shook his head. He admired and respected Kinney but he had to admit that Justin impressed him even more. No matter what sort of shit life threw at the blonde, he fought back and survived it, became an even better and stronger person. Justin wasn't some weak faggot, no the blonde was strong, smart and determined. But he was also fiercely loyal and honest and an all around good guy who stood up for what he believed in and never fought dirty. Hunter could see why a guy like Kinney fell for Justin.

 

Although Hunter didn't know details, he knew that Brian had come from an abusive household. He knew about the rules the man had created to protect himself from harm. The man wouldn't let anyone come close enough to see the pain, insecurity and longing behind those well crafted masks. Only someone like Justin could break those walls. Someone who believed that Brian Kinney was worth loving and deserving of happiness.

 

When they were both finally at the same place in their lives everything seemed perfect and Hunter wanted to slap himself for being blind to Michael's manipulations and wrong doings.

 

His musings however were interrupted by a loud banging on the door signaling the arrival of one Debbie Novotny. Hunter took a deep breath before he opened the door. Ben was out grocery shopping and hopefully wouldn't be back in time to hear the crap the waitress tended to sprout.

 

"Before you say a word you will listen to me Debs. You and I can sit down and talk calmly but the moment you begin to shout I will kick you out. Do you understand that?" He told her sternly, meaning it. Debbie nodded and went in after Hunter and sat down at the kitchen table.

 

"So…" Hunter began. "What brings you here? Did you remember that Michael had left a husband and adopted son behind when he decided to become a criminal?"

 

"I… Michael is not a criminal, Hunter. He has been good to you and Ben. Please don't deny that." Debbie begged quietly. Hunter realized that Debbie had probably broken after her last confrontation. The woman was now trying her hardest to hold on to the good things that Michael did.

 

"Deb, Michael agreed to adopt me because it's what Ben wanted but that's really not the point here. The point is that whatever good Michael has done in the past, it doesn't justify the kidnapping and… you know trying to kill people. And please, didn't Ben and I bring something good into Michael's life, too? Or yours? Ben loved him, really loved him. He never tried to change Michael into a complete stranger like his ex did, that David guy. Ben took care of Michael, Jenny and me while Michael only cared about himself mostly. Do you think that Michael thought of Jenny for even a second when he did the shit to Justin and Leonie? Did he think of Ben or me? He didn't. And I can't and won't excuse that. I love you Deb and I really don't want to lose you, nobody wants to lose you but if you go on like you have recently you will lose everyone." Hunter told her sadly. Debbie nodded quietly and left, hopefully thinking about what Hunter just told her.

 


4 DAYS LATER

Justin paced the waiting room nervously. He was waiting for the last of his test results, hoping that Ethan hadn't infected him with anything. And if that wasn't enough to worry about already, Brian had been sick the past couple of days. Justin was afraid he had infected Brian too but the brunette told him to calm down, it was probably just the stress from the past months or the flu or something he ate.

 

"Sit down, twat. I'm sure the doctor would like for his other patients to use this room without the holes you're gonna pace in it. You'll be fine and I'll be fine, too. Don't worry." Brian told his nervous lover.

 

"But Brian, what if…" Justin started but Brian interrupted him.

 

"None of that shit, Sunshine. We already played the what if game several times . Everything will be fine and even if it's not, nothing will change. We're in this together." Brian said gently, kissing his lover's nose before nuzzling him.

 

About 20 minutes later they sat in the doctor's office and breathed in relieve when Justin's results were negative for any disease.

 

"Now to you, Mr. Kinney. I can guarantee you that you're not sick. Please allow me to congratulate you and your husband. You're pregnant." The doctor said grinning. Brian's eyes widened in surprise but a thud from his side brought him out of his daze. Brian rolled his eyes muttering something about "stupid twat, knocks me up and then faints" but of course he turned to his blonde lover with a smirk.

 

"You will be punished for making me fat, Sunshine." And Justin, who was still a bit dizzy, just groaned while the doctor couldn't stop laughing about these two.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Soooo... did you like the surprise? My niece actually came up with that idea. Please don't ask me how it happened because that was such a weird conversation... you guys really don't want to know.

Sandy xoxo