- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Emmett feels... Daphne strikes... and Alex has a surprise visitor...

Emmett closed the 'Pittsburgh Out' and let the tears flow. The flamboyant queen tried so hard to be strong for his friends and family since Michael and Lindsay started the shit with Justin but now, in the peace and quiet of his home, he finally let out what he kept hidden inside. He screamed in pain, yelled in frustration and raged in hate until there was nothing left but his tears and he mourned the loss of a family and memories what was.

 

The interview Brian and Justin did was just the first of many more to come. Brian even wanted the whole gang to be interviewed and reflect on the past years since Justin came into their lives. While the first interview was more about the facts, the others will be about their personal lives and feelings in detail. For Emmett, it was the perfect change to build a united front. Nothing could tear their group apart and he planned to send copies of the magazines to each single person that tried to destroy their worlds to prison. He looked especially forward to the interview in which Brian would reveal his pregnancy. Emmett could just imagine the faces of Michael and Lindsay. He hoped it would break their hearts into a million small pieces.

 


PITTSBURGH JAIL - FEMALE SECTION

 

"Peterson, someone's here to see you." One of the guards called out to the blonde woman. Lindsay looked into her mirror, wanting to look her usual good self but then thought better of it. She was sure it was Brian who wanted to see her and he should see what she was going through. Then he would come to her rescue and get her out of this hell, run away with her and Gus so they could finally be the family they should be.

 

She kept imagining the little family she, Brian and Gus would make. She was convinced that Brian loved only her and wanted more children with her. Her dreaming stopped when she noticed her visitor: Daphne.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lindsay asked, shocked but she recovered quickly and sneered at Daphne. "Where's Brian?" She demanded to know.

 

"Not here obviously. Why would he show up here anyways?" Daphne asked sweetly.

 

"To see me of course. He needs to make sure I get out of here." Lindsay told her.

 

Daphne laughed out loud at Lindsay's delusions…"Wow Lindsay, you're crazy." She kept laughing, making Lindsay even madder.

 

"What do you know? Brian loves me, I'm the mother of his child. He will get me out of here and then we'll live together at Britin with Gus as a family." Lindsay told her.

 

"I wanna live in your dreamland, Lindsay. Brian used to care about you but when you and your stupid buddy Mickey tried to kill the love of his life and their child you died. You are nothing to him. He doesn't miss you, Gus doesn't miss you. Brian already has a family with Justin, Gus and their daughter. Hell, he even included Mel and Jenny in their family. But you? Brian wouldn't care if you died in here, hell he even wishes that you would rot in here and never see the light of day again. You're dead to him." Daphne said and stood up. She came here only to mess with the icy bitch for fun.

 

Daphne, like the rest of the gang,had just began to deal with everything that happened since Justin became pregnant. She was so happy for her best friend and for Brian. She wanted nothing but happiness for both men and supported them. When Justin was kidnapped, she cried herself to sleep at night but put on a brave face for Gus and Jenny but also for the adults, especially Brian. Lindsay and Michael messed with her family, now it was her turn to mess with them.

 


ALEX WILDER'S OFFICE

 

Alex opened the door when the persistent knocking on the door wouldn't stop. It was late already, he just stayed at his office to update his paperwork and think about the sessions of Brian and Justin, separately and together.

 

Although Brian and Justin do have a great and satisfying sex life again, Justin still wasn't able to bottom. The blonde admitted to him that he felt like he was punishing Brian for something he didn't do. He craved being with Brian in that way. Of course, Justin loved topping Brian but he wanted for Brian to make love to him.

 

Brian on the other hand admitted that although he missed being inside of Justin, he wouldn't have a problem bottoming for his lover for the rest of his life as Justin is an exceptional lover. Alex wondered if Brian truly could go on forever without topping since the brunette made it clear that tricking is not an option. Alex kept thinking of ways to help Justin and Brian.

 

But now he had to deal whomever decided to drop by and knock persistently on his office door. When he opened the door he gasped, blinked a couple of times and shook his head to make sure he saw right. None other than Debbie Novotny stood there in front of him, looking lost and desperate.

 

She asked for a couple of minutes and Alex decided to let her in and listen to whatever she had to say. He motioned for her to sit down and then waited for her to start talking.

 

"Please be patient with me. There's so much I need to say and I don't know where to start." Debbie said and began sobbing.

 

"Start at the beginning." Alex softly told her.

 

"M… my parents kicked me out when I got pregnant. I couldn't imagine giving my kid away. I loved my child the minute I knew I was pregnant. I swore to myself and my child that I would accept him the way he is, that I would never abandon him the way my parents did with me and Vic for being gay. I worked my ass off to give Michael a good life, to be a good mother. I raised him to be open-minded, to be accepting and kind, generous and a good person. At least I thought I did. The person that Michael has become is not the son I gave birth to and I don't know how to deal with that. I have lost my parents all those years ago, I only had Vic and my baby. I've lost Vic already and now I lost my son, too. But I also lost my other sons Brian, Ted and Emmett. Carl was my chance at happiness and love but I lost him, too. I know that I made so many mistakes and I need help." Debbie sobbed, letting as much as possible out.

 

"You want to do therapy?" Alex asked to make sure he understood her right.

 

"Yes. I can't deal with all of this alone… it's too much. I want to change and get my family back. After everything my son put them though, I owe it to them. I want to become my own person, not Michael's mother." Debbie said.

 

"Okay. I think that is a good thing, Debbie." Alex began but he knew he needed to make her understand that he wasn't the right person to help her. "But I cannot be the one you talk to. Justin and Brian are my patients and I'll also start to work with Melanie next week. I can give you a list of good therapists and help you to get an appointment but that is really all I can do to help you, Debbie." Alex told her gently.

 

Debbie was quiet for a while, but then nodded in agreement. She had never been in therapy and wasn't informed about the rules or rights the therapists had when it came to their patients.

 

She sighed loudly, before she asked. "Do you think they can forgive me someday?"

 

Alex thought about her question. "I don't know, Debbie. If you allow me to give some advice, it would be that you focus on yourself and therapy now." He suggested.

 

Debbie nodded in agreement. "I guess you're right. I hope to get an appointment real soon. It feels like I'm going crazy. A part of me wants to lash out at everyone and everything but the other part just wants to hide in bed from the world." She sobbed.

 

"That is understandable, Debbie. I think therapy will help you to deal with the situation you find yourself in." Alex said and handed her the list of therapists. He hoped that it would help Debbie, not just for the sake of herself but for the gang. If Debbie was able to grasp the situation right, there was a chance for peace for them.

 

TBC

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Next one is almost finished.