- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Impressions... and the 2nd part of the interview with Pittsburgh Out...

2 DAYS LATER

Debbie left the office of Dr. Angela Turners after her first session. She was able to get an appointment there after she talked to Alex. Angela and Alex often worked together and she accepted Debbie as a patient as a favor to Alex.

 

Two hours of talking left Debbie exhausted but also restless. Angela explained to her that Debbie should not try to contact Brian, Justin or anyone else. She would help Debbie at a later time to write a letter to all of them but Debbie wasn't ready for that yet in the doctor's opinion. Facing her former family would require from her that she was able to accept the situation she was in now but it would take time to get there.


ANGELA'S THOUGHTS

'Debbie is definitely an interesting but complex person with too many double standards and issues. When Alex asked me to talk to her and possibly become her therapist, I wanted to hurt him because I know about the Novotny's, mother and son. Alex couldn't help her because he focused on Brian and Justin - God bless those two beautiful men. I'm very glad he's able to help them. Their relationship amazes me constantly. Not many couples can survive all the shit they went through but these two made it through all the obstacles and fought for what they believed in, even with their own lives.

 

My plan for Debbie is to go through her entire life and face the problems she had with her family, pregnancy, raising Michael, the never-ending worry about Vic, Michael, Brian, work and of course the Taylor's. Debbie is one of those people who either ignore problems or only focus on them to place the blame on other people. But dealing with the problems and finding a solution? Nope. It seems to be a foreign concept for her as well as her son.

 

I hope she'll keep her promise to me to leave her former family alone for now. I told her that I would help her getting in touch with them by writing a letter when I think she's ready for it. My reason for that is simple: their reaction. It is a big possibility that they might not be able for forgive her, to let her back into their lives and she will need to accept whatever decision they make. As of now, she wouldn't be able to do just that. She would just barge into their homes and cause more damage.

 

She also needs to accept the facts when it comes to the crimes her son committed. That heart of hers as a mother is bleeding and that is understandable. Many parents have a hard time when they learn about their children's crime's but Debbie still tries to justify her son and his actions. That has to change because in the end, he is the only one responsible.'


BRITIN

Justin looked out of the huge window in Leonie's room. He just changed her diaper and put her back to sleep after her messy lunch. Brian was still in bed because of his sickness. He worried about his lover. The constant sickness, vomiting, headache and sleepiness were not making Brian a happy camper. Brian's constant mood changes were nothing new to Justin tho.

 

Now he worried about Brian's reaction to the news about Debbie. Alex called Justin earlier to tell him about Debbie's plea for help. A big part of Justin was happy about that development but he gave up hoping for Debbie to see the error of her ways. He only hoped that it wasn't just a ploy from Debbie to get back into Brian's good graces.

 

He walked out of Leonie's room and closed the door quietly. He found Brian in their bedroom, freshly showered and shaved.

 

"Hey, you're up?" Justin wondered.

 

"Yeah, I need some fresh air. Feeling better. I guess the doctor's pills finally work." Brian grinned cheekily. Justin recognized that grin and knew what his husband wanted.

 

Brian grabbed his blonde bombshell and placed an earth-shaking-toe-curling-kiss on him, enjoying the passionated groan that erupted from his blonde. Justin loved horny Brian and wouldn't dare to deny his lover anything.

 


 

PITTSBURGH OUT

A Pittsburgh Lovestory: Brian Kinney & Justin Taylor

In our last issue we introduced you to Pittsburgh's It-Couple, told their story and had a quick interview with Brian and Justin.

In this issue, we'll present you the big family around them. Read how Brian and Justin became the heroes for all lovers in the words of their closest friends and family.

 

Jennifer Taylor's point of view (Justin's mother)

"When I found out that my Justin is gay I was shocked. In our circles homosexuality was something bad and laughed about. I was worried about my son's safety because all I knew about homosexual people was that they had unsafe sex and struggled with HIV and Aids. Well, I was an uneducated fool, I know that now but back then I didn't. And when I found out about Brian and that my son loved him I really wanted to grab my son and tell him he isn't gay. Brian is 12 years older than Justin, when they met my son was only 17. I couldn't stand Brian for a long time because I refused to accept that I had a wrong image about that world. I know that Justin, at the age of 17, had been wiser and more open minded, more accepting than I was as a grown up woman.

 

I have come to love Brian and the members of his family. Gus and Jenny are both my grandchildren, I'm happy that my son found his happiness with Brian. They not only love each other, they respect one another, support and cherish each other as I've never seen a couple do before."

 

Molly Taylor's point of view (Justin's younger sister)

"I love my brother so much and I'm absolutely happy for him. Many of my friends say their brothers are heroes but mine really is. He worked so hard to fulfill his dreams and become the best person I've ever know. I'm so effing proud of him.

 

Brian really is the brother of my heart. He treats me as good as Justin does but he's also a jokester and he spoils me. I love to go shopping with him but what I love the most is being an aunt to Gus, Jenny and Leonie. I'm happy with our family and can only hope to find a love as strong and passionate and honest as Justin and Brian's."

 

Emmett Honeycutt's point of view (close friend of Brian and Justin)

"My love for both, Brian and Justin, is unbreakable as well as my faith in them. I'm a sucker for happy endings and love stories. Brian and Justin deserve a super happy ending for their love after all the thorns they had to shield themselves from. Many have tried to separate them, to manipulate and hurt them, some even tried to kill them, to destroy their love but everyone who tried, failed. They are IT for each other, they are each other's soul mate and I will destroy everyone who tries to separate them.

 

I'm team Brian and Justin forever."

 

Daphne Chanders' point of view (Justin's best friend)

"The first time I heard of Brian Kinney was when Justin told me about having seen the 'Face of God'. For Justin it was love right away but Brian needed one or two kicks in the ass before he even admitted to loving Justin. Their past is filled with so much love, happiness and heartache as well as tragedy and blood but they've been stronger since day one against everyone and everything that tried to tear them apart. And I'm so proud to have been a witness of their journey through hell and back. Knowing these two is a blessing."

 

Ted Schmidt's point of view (friend of Brian and Justin, accountant for Kinnetik)

"I have to admit that I was one of those who thought Justin was just another fuck for Brian but even I could see that he was so much more early on. When Justin came into our lives, Brian and I weren't that close. Admittedly, I was jealous of Brian because he was successful in his job, had the attention of every man ,but seemed to be an asshole. It took me years to see Brian for who he is. Now he's a great and close friend as is Justin and I would rather kill myself than let them down."

 

Ben Bruckner's point of view (ex-husband of Michael Novotny, father of Hunter Bruckner)

"Brian and Justin have found something that most of us can only wish for: true love. They're inspiring people individually and together and I'm grateful they call me a friend."

 

Hunter Bruckner's point of view (friend, son of Ben Bruckner)

"Justin is my hero. I mean it. He's hard working, honest, respectful and has a big heart. When he wants something he makes it happen with hard work. He never gives up and keeps on fighting when others have already given up. He's perfect for Brian because he doesn't take shit and calls Kinney out. When he does something good, he doesn't do it for the credit. If more people were like him, the world would be a better place.

 

Brian is probably the coolest person to ever walk this planet but he needs Justin. He's a better person with Justin by his side. Justin completes him, understands him and gives him the freedom he needs. That's why nobody else could win Brian's heart."

 

Melanie Marcus' point of view (mother of Gus & Jenny, close friend of Brian & Justin)

"I was manipulated into hating Brian by my former wife, Lindsay Peterson. It took both Brian and me so many years to see through Lindsay's games. I would have never thought that I'd end up loving Brian as the father of my children and as my friend but I do. Without Lindsay in the picture, we get along and respect each other. Justin played a big part in that, too because he saw right through all the masks and mantras Brian made up to protect himself and he taught all of us very important lessons for life.

 

I'm incredibly proud that my son and daughter have those two great men as their fathers and I'm so blessed that they see me as the female influence for their daughter Leonie. Between Molly, Daphne and I and of course Jennifer as her grandmother, we'll do our best to guide Leonie through the minefields every woman goes through."

 

To the circle of Brian and Justin's friends also belong Ted Schmidt's husband Blake and Emmett Honeycutt's fiancé, the famous football star, Drew Boyd.

 

We, at Pittsburgh Out, wonder what the Kinney's plan for their future and Brian Kinney provided us with the following statement:

 

"At the moment, we all work together to leave the past behind us. With the help of our friend and therapist Alex Wilder, we will become stronger than we've ever been. Other than that, I just want to enjoy being pregnant with Justin's child, spending time with my wonderful family, support my husband's art and keeping Kinnetik the #1 company in the US."

 

Pittsburgh Out wishes this unique and heroic couple all the best and will keep our eyes open for more news in the future. Brian and Justin have shown the world that love conquers hate, jealousy and greed, that hard and honest work pays off and that nothing is stronger than family.

 

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter was longer but I wanted to wrap that interview up so I can move on. I hope you enjoyed it :)