- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

New chapter... with some special guests. I included my dogs Lucky (1999-2009), Shiloh (2005-2018) and my puppy Blacky (April 2018). It's not the longest chapter but needed for the epilogue. I hope you'll enjoy it.

THE NEXT DAY - AT THE LOFT

While Brian went out for a walk with the kids, Justin used the moment of peace to re-live yesterday's events. Seeing Debbie again after all this time was a blessing and a curse. Of course he had worried about her in the past months, hoped that she was okay and a part of him still loved her but she betrayed and hurt him and Justin could not forget. Or forgive easily. He knew it would take a lot of time for his heart to heal and he could only hope that Debbie would stick to her words and not fall back into old patterns.

 

Still, Justin worried more about Brian. He looked at Debbie, called her his surrogative mother and trusted her unconditionally. All the brunette ever wanted from Debbie was her love. But she took the remaining part of his heart and ripped it apart. Justin wondered who did more damage to Brian, his parents or the Novotny's and Lindsay.

 

OUTSIDE

Brian was deep in thought pushing Leonie's stroller when Gus and Jenny yelled for him. Thinking his beautiful children were in danger he pushed faster and was relieved to see both Gus and Jenny were fine when he reached them.

 

"Daddy look, that's a dog. I think he's cold." Gus said worriedly and Jenny nodded in agreement.

 

Brian looked at the little dog and had admit that the canine really looked like it was freezing. There wasn't a collar or anything close to the little black dog and he wondered if anyone kicked the little dog out. He told Gus and Jenny to step back so he could have a closer look.

 

"Yeah, he's definitely freezing. And probably starving." Brian mused. Gus and Jenny looked at Brian with worry and Brian was worried about the little one as well so he made a quick decision. "We'll take him home, give him a good nice soak and feed him. I'm sure he'll feel a lot better then." Brian said and hoped that Justin would come up with a good idea.

 

He picked the black dog up and told Gus to push the stroller so Brian could carry the dog home. He couldn't tell how it happened but before the five of them reached the loft, Brian had promised the kids they would keep the little dog since it was a small one and wouldn't grow too big and wouldn't need too much space.

 

AT THE LOFT

"Honey, we're home and decided to adopt." Brian teased Justin, who just looked at his family and the little dog.

 

"Oh Brian, he's so cute. What happened? He looks so scared and tiny." Justin worried. While Brian took the little dog to the bath, Gus and Jenny explained to Justin how they found the dog and about Daddy Brian's promise for them to keep the dog. Justin just smirked at Brian when he came back into the kitchen with a clean and not freezing dog.

 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that, Sunshine?" Brian questioned.

 

"I'm just curious where you want to put the dog, I mean, he's a puppy and will grow. He'll need lots of space. A garden would be a good idea." Justin told him, still smirking.

 

"What are you talking about? This is one of those small dogs. He's not growing anymore." Brian said confidently but grew uncertain at Justin's shake of head and laugh.

 

"Oh Brian, what a fool you are. He's a labrador. They do grow. He won't stay so small forever." Justin laughed at the look of panic in Brian's eyes but decided to stop teasing his lover. "But I'm sure we'll figure something out. We've managed everything so far. But first, we need to think of a name, then we'll have to take him to a vet to get him checked out. We also need lots of stuff and food and toys for the little growing boy. A leash, collar, puppy bed and so much more. We should make a list. Can you check for the closest vet to us?" Justin mused and Brian went to get his task done.

 

Half an hour later, the family sat in the car with their newest member on the way to the animal doctor, as Gus and Jenny called the vet.

 

"Uhm, we have a name for him." Jenny said quietly. When Brian and Justin told her to tell them she and Gus both said Blacky.

 

"Blacky? Hhmm, well he is black and it sounds okay." Brian said. He was glad that they had a name for the little puppy.


A couple of hours later, they came back home after shopping at a pet store. Justin was so proud of Gus and Jenny who both listened carefully to the doctor and promised to take real good care of little Blacky.

 

Before they went to bed, Brian allowed them to call their aunts and uncles to tell them about Blacky. Gus mused that with all of them going to school and work, Blacky would be lonely without another dog to play. Little did he know what exactly would happen after that…

 

This is Blacky...

 

AT DEBBIE'S HOUSE

"Hello, Debbie Novotny here." Debbie said when she picked up the phone.

 

She listened carefully to the man on the side of the line. When she hung up, she was in panic. She quickly dialed Dr. Turner's number.

 

"Hello Debbie, how are you today?" The doctor greeted the redhead.

 

"I… can't, I… prison called. Something with Michael. They asked me to come but I'm not sure it's a good idea. What am I supposed to do?" Debbie cried.

 

"Wait a second, Debbie. I'm free for the next 4 hours, if you want I could come with you." The doctor offered and Debbie accepted happily. She knew she wasn't ready to face Michael alone, yet. She hoped to be able to stay strong.

 

THE NEXT DAY - THE LOFT

"Emmett, are you sure this is a good idea? Maybe we should've talked to Brian and Justin first." Drew said, hoping that Brian wouldn't kill his lover.

 

"Nonsense. They'll be happy to know that Blacky won't be alone." Auntie Em said and looked at the grown up brown labrador, Lucky. "Lucky here is a good boy. He'll take care of Blacky, right Lucky?" Emmett joked. When he held up his hand to knock on the door, Ted and Blake came up walking the stairs… with another big dog.

 

"Good morning Emmett, Drew. What are you doing here this early?" Blake asked but stopped walking when he saw the brown labrador sitting next to Emmett. "Oh oh." He muttered quietly and Ted joined him. "We're so dead."

 

Justin and Melanie, who must have heard the group talking, opened the door in confusion and just stared until Melanie broke down laughing so hard that she began to cry.

 

"Oh my god, wait until Brian sees this." She kept laughing. "3 dogs, Brian will shit his pants."

 

"Uhm guys, what are these dogs doing here?" Justin asked, dreading the answers.

 

"Well, Gus told us that Blacky needs another dog to play with. So I decided that Drew and I should look for a lovely dog. This is Lucky, he's a labrador.. " Emmett said, grinning.

 

"He told me the same so Blake and I went out to get Shiloh here. He's a German Shepherd and Dachshund mix." Ted told the blonde. Melanie was still laughing at her son's antic. She knew Brian and Justin would not send either of the dogs home. Justin already looked like he's in love with those beautiful dogs.

 

"Well, okay then. Come on in. Make yourself at home guys." Justin welcomed the canines into their new home. Blacky noticed the two bigger dogs pretty quickly and soon the 3 of them were playing in the living room.

 

As Melanie expected, Brian really wasn't too mad and the family decided that Lucky and Shiloh could stay as well. The kids were happy. Brian called a gardening company to make an appointment. They have purchased the small land behind the loft and Brian hoped they could turn the rather shitty place into a beautiful garden for their family.

 

This is Lucky...

 

This is Shiloh...

 

SAME EVENING - ALEX WILDER'S OFFICE

"She was so heartbroken, Alex." Angela Turner murmured. "On the way to the prison she kept wondering what had happened and to hear that Michael had tried to kill himself made her so sad until she exploded. "

 

"What do you mean, exploded?" Alex asked.

 

"Michael told her again and again that it was all Justin's fault and after the fourth time, Debbie yelled at him to stop blaming Justin. She yelled that Michael is a jealous, lazy bastard and that she's so ashamed of him. He can't even take responsibility for his own actions. He's not man enough, he's worse than a child and she said that she hopes he rots in hell." The female doctor told her colleague. "She's done with him. Finally. She made the decision to move away from Pittsburgh. She's looking for nice apartments out of Pittsburgh. Far away from Michael and the memories but not too far if Melanie wants to arrange a date for the kids to visit her. And she wants Melanie to approve of the place, too."

 

"That doesn't sound like Debbie at all." Alex laughed. "Let's hope that Debbie won't ever fall for her son's antics and manipulations ever again. I'll talk to Brian and Justin when I see them for their next appointment. Brian called earlier to tell me I should come to the loft for their next session. They said there are some surprises."

 

"What do you think it is?" Angela wondered with a smile.

 

"Hopefully good surprises. That's all that matters now. Brian also told me that he'll keep the schedule regarding Kinnetic. He enjoys being able to be at home with the kids and doesn't miss the work too much. Ted and Cynthia do a great job. I think it's a good decision. He worked so hard all his life and now he should be able to enjoy his life and family. " Alex said and Angela nodded happily in agreement.


TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like it :D

Sandy xoxo