- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lindsay and Michael find someone from Justin's past... will he agree to help them? Ethan is still convinced that Justin wants him and we also learn what Mel has to deal with.

A couple of months later, Justin was showing. He and Brian remodeled the loft and had two rooms for their unborn child and Gus. Fortunately, there were no more complications during Justin's pregnancy but he and Brian worried a lot about Mel. The usually tough lawyer had lost weight and seemed weak and tired all the time. Brian wanted her to see a doctor but she refused. She was sure the stress at work and home were the cause for her weakness. Since that dinner at Deb's, Lindsay had been even worse. Instead of taking care of her children, she spent most of her time with Michael. Mel was shocked when Sidney Bloom fired the blonde woman because Sam showed up again. Of course, Lindsay denied having an affair with the famous artist but couldn't hide it any longer after Sidney walked into her small office while she and Sam were busy exploring each other's bodies.

 

That was the last straw for Mel. She kicked Lindsay out and won full custody over Gus since Lindsay didn't bother with her son after Brian made it clear that he wouldn't finance her. Brian also supported Mel during that time so Lindsay was even more upset. She moved in with Michael to share her misery.

 



ETHAN GOLD

'Ugh, Pittsburgh still sucks. I can't believe I'm back here. But it's for Justin and he's worth it. I'm so glad that his friends Michael and Lindsay contacted me. Poor Justin is pregnant with Brian's child. He actually wanted to leave the whore of Liberty Avenue for good but he found out about his pregnancy and moved back in with Brian Fucking Kinney. I bet Kinney got him pregnant on purpose so Justin wouldn't leave him. The bastard doesn't even deserve Justin. I'm still mad at myself for that one stupid mistake. How I wish Justin would have forgiven me. When I learned that he was back with Brian after he left me, I was so upset. I don't get what Justin see's in him. He's good looking, I'll give him that but that really is all. And he has money but he's a complete asshole and treated my Justin like shit. Lindsay told me that she had never seen Justin happier than when he was with me. She and Michael worry about his safety since Brian doesn't shy away from violence. I still remember him punching Michael at that party Lindsay and her wife hosted. He's an animal.

 

I honestly don't like that Justin is having that bastard's baby. Maybe I can convince him to give it up for adoption. I would rather see him carrying our baby. Of course that would mean we would have to change some things. When we were together he didn't want to bottom for me because it reminded him of Brian. I respected that of course but it ultimately lead to my unfaithfulness.

 

Anyways, I hope Brian doesn't give us too much shit. I've made a lot of money since I last saw him so all he has to do it pack his bags and we can leave this shitty town... and Brian Kinney.'

 

 

CONSTRUCTION SITE

 

Chris Hobbs had just started his lunch break when he noticed a man and woman approach him.

 

"Christopher Hobbs?" The blonde woman asked.

 

"That's me. Who are you and what do you want?" He asked tentatively.

 

"My name is Lindsay Peterson and this is my friend Michael Novotny. We wanted to talk to you about Justin Taylor. I'm sure you remember him, don't you?" The woman, Lindsay, introduced herself and her friend.

 

"Of course I do. But there's nothing to talk about." Chris said warily.

 

"Listen, I truly wish you would have killed him but he survived and we can't change that. I know you hated doing community service. I also know that you and Justin met at the hospice and he was really scared. Don't you want revenge?" The man, Michael, asked.

 

"Revenge? What for? I was the one who almost killed him. I got away pretty lightly with community service, don't you think? I might not have liked it but it was better than jail time. Why do you hate him?" Chris asked. He was nervous but also curious.

 

"He ruined our lives. Lindsay lost her son because of Justin as well as her marriage. My marriage is over because of that little shit, too. And he tries to stop Brian from seeing us, his best friends." Michael told him.

 

"Whatever. I don't want to have anything to do with either of you." Chris said.

 

"Oh come on. You just need to scare him, maybe harm him a little bit. That's all. We have engaged other people so you wouldn't have to do everything. Just play a bit with him." Lindsay told him.

 

"No! And you should leave before I call the police and report you for harassment." Chris told them and got up.

 

Later in the afternoon, Chris went to see his lawyer to tell him what happened. He explained what Lindsay and Michael wanted him to do and asked for his lawyer to contact Justin. He deeply regretted his cowardly attack on his former classmate. His lawyer promised to inform Justin and suggested to report Peterson and Novotny to the police and getting a restraint order against them. Chris agreed and went home.

 


AT MEL'S OFFICE

"Melanie my dear, you look horrible. Please, go to see a doctor. You look seriously ill my dear." Her boss Henry told her.

 

"I'm fine Henry, I promise. I just have a lot of stress at home since Lindsay and I separated. I'm sure that once everything settled down and is calmer I will be better, too." Mel said sincerely.

 

"No Melanie. That is not just stress. Please, promise me to see a doctor. I can't have you working like this." Henry didn't let up.

 

"Okay. I promise to see a doctor." Mel promised.

 

"Good. Why don't you go right away? If you need a week or two off, know that there won't be any problems. You need to be healthy and fit in order to fight for our client's rights." Henry said and Mel shut down her computer and grabbed her bag to see her doctor.


THE LOFT - 3 HOURS LATER

Brian opened the door and was surprised to see Mel with Gus and Jenny. He noticed that Mel looked like she saw a ghost and worried instantly.

 

"Daddy!" Gus yelled and Jenny shouted "Brian!".

 

"Hello Brian, is Justin here, too?" Mel asked in a small voice.

 

"Yeah, he is. Come on in. Gus, why don't you show Jenny your room and play a bit? Papa Justin and I need to speak with momma." Brian suggested. Gus nodded happily and grabbed his sister's hand. They ran to Gus' room in excitement.

 

"Hello Mel." Justin greeted her happily but his smile faded when Mel broke down crying. "Shit, Mel. What's wrong?"

 

"I... God, I..." Mel sobbed. "I have a brain tumor. My boss sent me home so I could see my doctor and I don't know how I'm supposed to do this." She cried even harder. Justin and Brian were speechless. The blonde hugged his friend tightly.

 

"Mel, I'm so fucking sorry. This is terrible." Justin cried.

 

"It is." Brian sighed. "Mel, look at me. Listen to me, are you listening?" He asked and waited for Mel's nod. "Good, listen carefully. You are not alone. Justin and I will be there for you. Don't try to push us away, okay? We're your family and I know from experience that you need a good support system." He told her gently.

 

"I don't understand." Mel looked confused.

 

"Brian had cancer. Testicular cancer and he went through radiation and the removal of one of his balls. He tried to kick me out and push me away but you know me. I'm persistent and stubborn and in the end, he realized that he couldn't do it alone." Justin explained.

 

Even though Brian had been cancer free for over two years now, Justin was still scared and the memories of the time were still hurting him.

 

"I didn't know. Why didn't you say anything?" Mel asked, shocked and even more confused.

 

"He thought he wasn't perfect anymore and he didn't want anyone's pity. Only Debbie, Michael and I know." Justin told her.

 

"It doesn't matter right now. You matter now. Whatever you need to do in order to become healthy again, do it. We will help you with Gus and JR." Brian promised.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you like this chapter. Please keep in mind that I wouldn't kill Mel off!!

Sandy xoxo