- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian calls Daphne and Carl for help... and he begins to blame himself for his friend's actions towards Justin. But our Sunshine won't allow him to do this... and neither does Daphne :)

When Brian arrived at the loft he was greeted by his blonde sunshine who literally flew into his arms sobbing. Brian held him tight and worriedly asked, "Justin, what's wrong?" When Justin didn't stop sobbing, the ad man got even more worried. "Justin, talk to me. What's going on? Are you hurt?"

 

"Brian... God Brian. Chris Hobbs' lawyer called me. L-Lindsay and Michael went looking for Chris and wanted him to hurt and scare me a bit. Chris, according to his lawyer sent them away and went to the police for restraining orders against them. He also wanted his lawyer to contact me. Brian, why do they hate me so much? They told Chris they had engaged other people, too. I'm so fucking scared. What am I supposed to do?" Justin sobbed and Brian's heart broke more with each sentence. He was pissed, worried and determined to stop his former best friends.

 

"Nobody's going to hurt you or our baby, Justin. I won't let that happen." The brunette vowed. He carried Justin to the bed so they could lay down. Justin cried himself to sleep with Brian holding him tightly. 'Nothing and nobody will take you or our baby away from me, Brian vowed to himself.

 

 


 

 

ETHAN GOLD

 

'I don't believe him. Why would Justin want to be with Brian when he could be with me? I never treated him badly. It's because of the baby, I'm sure. Justin is all for family. He probably thinks he has to stay with Brian for his child. And he obviously doesn't want to give it up. Maybe, I could raise it with him? Hmm, I'm not sure if a constant reminder of Brian is such a good thing. I need to find a way to talk to Justin alone. Preferably in a nice, calm and comfortable environment. Maybe Lindsay and Michael could help me with that.'

 

"Hi Lindsay, it's Ethan. I saw Justin today but he refused to leave Brian and go away with me. He didn't even want to talk to me. I need yours and Michael's help to get him away from Brian to make him see reason." He told her.

 

"Ethan, leave it to me and Michael. We have a few surprises for them. Justin will soon see that Brian isn't good for him. Just be patient and it all will work out." Lindsay promised him.

 

"Okay, I will do but it's hard. I really miss my angel. I don't understand what Justin see's in Kinney. He's an asshole. Anyways, are you sure you can pay for me to stay longer at the hotel?" Ethan asked.

 

"That won't be a problem, Ethan. In fact, it is Brian who's paying for your room." Lindsay giggled. They said their goodbyes and hung up.

 

'Kinney is paying for my stay. He probably doesn't even know it, what an idiot. But he deserves it.'

 

 


 

 

AT THE LOFT

 

Brian watched his lover sleeping. He knew that he had to talk to Carl in order to keep Justin safe. Nothing would be too expensive or impossible to make sure his family was safe. He got up carefully, not to disturb his sunshine, and walked to the kitchen where he grabbed his phone to call the one woman Justin adored and loved more than anyone.

 

"Brian? What's up?" She greeted.

 

"Daphne my dear, how are you? Are you up for a trip to good old Pittsburgh?" Brian asked, tongue in cheek.

 

Daphne giggled, "Why Brian, are you inviting me?" She chuckled. "How is my favorite? Is he eating and taking good care of himself and our baby?"

 

"He does but we need you here, Daph. Lindsay and Michael are causing trouble and Justin is scared as hell and to be honest, so am I." He told their friend.

 

"What the fuck? Tell me what exactly is going on, Brian. Nobody, but nobody hurts my boys and baby." Daphne growled. She listened carefully when Brian explained the recent events and discoveries. "They're dead, Brian. They are so dead. I'm packing my shit as we speak. I'll go to my teachers and explain the situation. I will bring my school stuff with me and try to do some whenever I can but Justin comes first. Fuck Brian, what's wrong with these two pathetic losers?"

 

"I can't tell you. But I'll feel better if I know Justin has you. I'm going to talk to Carl. He might be able to help." Brian told her sadly.

 

"Brian, I'm so sorry. I know you truly loved them as friends. But you need to understand that they don't respect you or give a damn about you if they're after Justin. How are you holding up regarding their betrayal?" She asked worriedly.

 

"I-I don't know, Daph. This is such a mess and if it wasn't for me, Justin would be fine." Brian told her.

 

"Stop right there!" Daphne shouted. "This is NOT YOUR FAULT! Lindsay and Michael are at fault, not you. You have every right to fall in love, to be happy and not on their conditions. They destroyed their marriages and families on their own. How is Mel, by the way?"

 

"Thank you Daphne." Brian sighed. "Mel is nervous. She's at her house with Drew, Ben and Blake packing her stuff."

 

"Mel's strong, Brian. She will be alright and so will you and Justin be with your baby. You guys are not alone. I just booked the flight. I will be there this evening. I'll grab a taxi and stay with you for as long as I have to. I won't let you down. See you tonight, Brian. Call if anything happens." Daphne promised and hung up.

 

Brian felt better knowing that Daphne would be here soon. He took a deep breath before dialing Carl's number.

 

"Horvath." Carl greeted.

 

"Hi Carl, it's Brian. Can you come to the loft today?" Brian came right to the point.

 

"Sure, I'm off today. When's convenient for me to call by?" Carl asked, sensing it was urgent.

 

"Whenever you can, Carl. It's serious. Justin's in danger." Brian told him.

 

"I'll be there in 15 minutes." Carl said and hung up. Brian turned around to prepare coffee. He would prefer his favorite, Jim Beam, but he knew he needed a clear head. He was so engrossed in his worries and thoughts that he didn't notice Justin walking towards him.

 

"Daphne was right. It's not your fault, Brian. I love you and wouldn't want to be with anyone else." Justin told him gently, but firm.

 

"Part of me still thinks you'd be better off without me. I brought them into your life." Brian stated sadly.

 

Justin sighed deeply, "No Brian. You cannot control them. They do what they want. You are not to blame for this mess. Never you, Brian." He wrapped his arms around Brian and kissed him passionately. "I love you Brian." Brian gave him a smile.

 

A knock on the door interrupted the intimate moment, informing them of Carl's arrival. Thirty minutes later, they finished explaining everything they knew about Lindsay and Michael's plans. Carl was shocked but promised to check with the station to see if he can arrange something to make sure Justin was safe.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy this chapter. I hope that Brian is still in character even when he's asking for help. It's about Justin's safety and I can imagine Brian doing something like this in order to protect his Sunshine.

Sandy xoxo