- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian is worried... Justin is a little sleepyhead... and Lindsay and Michael strike...

3 MONTHS LATER

Brian was worried. Justin was due in about a week and there were no sign of Lindsay or Michael. The private detective that Cynthia had hired, found out that Lindsay had used Brian's trust fund for Gus to pay for Ethan Gold's stay at a hotel. She and Michael also paid for Kip Thomas' hotel room for the week he was in Pittsburgh and approached Brian. He disappeared right after that and moved out of the country. Several call boys or former tricks of Brian and Justin came back to stir up trouble but got a tongue lashing from the two men and their supporters. The nightly calls only lead to several payphones across town but never to Lindsay or Michael even though the police was searching for them. To secure Justin's safety, Brian hired a bodyguard.

 

The only good thing to happen was that a judge withdrew all of Lindsay's rights to Gus and Michael's to JR. Mel and Brian shared custody of Gus and Justin was named the guardian for both, Gus and JR. Ben, Drew, Ted and Blake visited the loft every day to help with the kids and household while Emmett and Hunter got all the things they would need for the baby. Molly and Jennifer, along with Daphne, stayed there to relieve Justin whenever he needed some time for himself.

 

After Melanie's surgery, she had to stay in the hospital for two weeks but was released to rest at home for a bit. Brian escorted her to a therapy center where she would get radiation. She didn't want to do it at home to prevent Gus and Jenny from seeing their momma so sick. Both children cried when the adults sat them down to explain the situation. After Lindsay and Michael's disappearance, the two children were scared to lose their momma too. Gus tried to be very brave the day Mel shaved her head but they both ended crying in bed for hours.

 

With Mel at the center, the family and the bodyguards followed Justin every step he took, Brian thought they were pretty safe. He had changed the locks and code at the loft quickly after the dinner at Deb's house. Carl was a big help and kept the Kinney-Taylor household up to date. The situation divided the family tho: Debbie first tried to fight the protective mother hen mode she was in whenever it came to her Michael, but in the end she failed. She would always be Michael's mother no matter what. She distanced herself from Brian and Justin hoping that her son would come to her and stop the games he was playing with his blonde viper friend. That changed when Carl told her that as soon as Michael was found, he would be arrested. Debbie yelled and begged until she started to fall back into old patterns: blaming Brian. Her behavior destroyed her relationship with the police officer, who couldn't stand it anymore.

 

Taking a deep breath, Brian walked into the bedroom with the tray. He wanted to surprise Justin with breakfast in bed before he left for work. Justin worried about Mel, Gus and Jenny and how the situation would affect the children, yet he was excited to welcome their own baby girl to the world. And so was Brian.

 

"Morning sleepyhead." Brian said gently, pressing a soft kiss to Justin's forehead.

 

"Hmm, morning. Do I have to get up so early?" The blonde yawned.

 

"Nah, you can go back to sleep but first, you eat. You heard the doc." Brian reminded him.

 

"Yeah, but it really isn't my fault that I tend to sleep through all lunches. I can't help it. Our girl makes me so tired." Justin pouted and Brian thought it was adorable.

 

"I know, twat. She will soon be here and then you won't get that much sleep for a while, so enjoy it but please, don't forget to eat. I need you to both to be healthy. I want you around for a very long time." Brian mumbled.

 

"Ah you're such a romantic, Brian." Justin teased.

 

"Twat. I'm going now. Call if there's anything you need. My meetings shouldn't take too long so I'll be back soon." Brian said,he kissed his sunshine and made his way to the door. "I love you, Justin." He said and was awarded with Justin's bright sunshine smile.

 


AT KINNETIK - 3 HOURS LATER

Cynthia ran into the conference room while Brian was in the middle of presenting a new campaign to Leo Brown. "Brian, Mr. Brown I'm so sorry to interrupt but Daphne called. There was a fire next door to the loft, it was huge. They had to leave the building and Justin is missing. They can't find him." She told them worriedly.

 

Leo looked from Brian to Cynthia, wondering what was going on.

 

"FUCK!" Brian yelled. "Lindsay and Michael." He said and Cynthia nodded.

 

"Yes, they were seen running around. Carl called his people already." She told them.

 

"Shit! I... I... fuck! Leo, I'm sorry but I have to go. My partner was kidnapped and is in danger. I need to... I don't know what to do. What about Gus and Jenny? Are they okay? Was anyone hurt in the fire?" He asked while grabbing his stuff.

 

"No, nobody was hurt, Gus and Jenny are scared of course but other than that, they're fine. They want Justin, you and Mel." Cynthia told him sadly.

 

"Call Mel and tell her what happened but she has to stay at the center. She can't stop her treatment. Just inform her and make sure she knows they're safe. If possible, don't mention that Justin's missing. She loves him and would come back just to kill Michael and Lindsay with her bare hands for hurting him." Brian said and stopped. The world around him faded to black but Leo fortunately saw him pale and caught him.

 

"Cynthia my dear, please call someone to come get him. He shouldn't drive by himself now. And then please tell me what exactly is going on here. Why would anyone kidnap his partner?" Leo asked confused. He remembered Justin fondly and couldn't understand why anyone would want to hurt the young man.

 


AT LINDSAY AND MICHAEL'S HIDING PLACE

"Linds, I think he's waking up. Lindsay, your idea with the fire was brilliant." Michael said loudly.

 

"I knew they had to leave the loft. It was so easy to grab him." Lindsay giggled.

 

"What are we going to do with him now? Kill him?" Michael wondered.

 

"Oh no. My source at the hospital told me he should be due within the next few days. We'll wait until the baby is born. I want Justin to watch me kill his shitty brat. I will destroy all of his dreams before I end him." Lindsay muttered angrily. "He's nothing special. Look at him. He isn't overly pretty or anything, his talent is mediocre at best. Why would Brian want someone like him?" She wondered loudly.

 

"Because he manipulated him." Michael began to shout but was interrupted by some noise. "What the fuck? Lindsay, do you think someone followed us?" He said warily.

 

"No, that's Ethan. The weasel is crazy about Justin. He can fuck him. It will be pure torture for Justin." She laughed evilly and Michael joined her.

 

"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?" Ethan yelled at them.

 

"Calm down, Ethan. He's just sleeping. He should wake up soon. You haven't forgot that you can't leave right away with him I hope?" Lindsay said.

 

"I didn't forget. Wait til the baby is born so you can get rid of it. Then Justin and I can start our new, Brian-free, life." Ethan dreamed.

 

"Yeah, that's exactly what we will do." Michael grinned.

 


AT THE LOFT

"I want Justin!" Gus screamed. "Daddy, where is Papa?" Gus shouted when he saw Brian walking up to him.

 

"I don't know but we will find him, sonny boy. I promise, we will find him." Brian cried.

 

They all sat in Brian's living room when loud yelling announced Debbie's arrival.

 

"This is all fucking Brian's fault! He almost got Justin killed at the prom and now Justin is in danger because Brian had to lead Michael and Lindsay on all their lives. The fucking asshole should be sitting in jail. My son has these ideas because of Brian." She yelled at Carl, who tried to get her to leave.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I can't promise to update every 2nd day at this point. Real life keeps me pretty busy  but I'll try my best.

Sandy xoxo