- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian has an unexpected visitor...

2 DAYS LATER

 

Mel and Brian left the hospital feeling drained, talked out and scared, especially Mel. She would need an operation before radiation starts. Brian held her hand during the tests and waiting period. He vowed to help her through this strenuous and overwhelming time that lay ahead of her. The date for her operation was set for Thursday so she could take care of her work and family situation.

Justin was waiting anxiously for his lover and Mel to come back. Gus and JR were playing and the blonde had fixed lunch already. He was hoping for good news. When Mel and Brian finally arrived, Justin noticed how tense they both were.

"What did the doctor say?" He asked worriedly.

Mel told him about the results and that she would need to have surgery before radiation. The three of them knew that Mel would be knocked out for a while. As usual, Brian came up with a plan.

"You, Gus and Jenny will move in with us. Gus has his own room and Jenny could have the baby's for now. We also have a guest room upstairs that you could use. Justin is working from home since he has a studio so he will be here to look after you and take you to your appointments." Brian said.

"Brian don't be silly, this could take months, up to a year. You and Justin will have both hands full with the new baby. You can't possibly take care of Gus and Jenny and a sick woman as well. It's too much." Mel explained.

"It won't be too much, Mel. Brian is right. You will be really weak for a long time and won't be able to take care of Gus and Jenny on your own. If you three move in with us, you will be able to rest and still see your kids. When you have a good moment you will be able to play with them, or draw or whatever. Brian had planned to cut his hours at work once the baby is here. And if I or Brian really feel overwhelmed we could call Emmett and Drew or Ted and Blake. They most definitely will help too. Come on Mel, you know this is the best solution." Justin urged her.

"I guess you're right. It's just, with Lindsay I was the one who had to be strong all the time. It's strange to let someone take care of me." Mel told them.

"Lindsay is a selfish bitch. Can you imagine her taking care of you? I can't. But let's not talk about her. We need to call the gang together so we can get your stuff. But first, let's have lunch. The kids are hungry and you will need your strength, Mel." Justin ordered.

 

 


 

SAME NIGHT AT BABYLON

 

Ted and Brian sat in the office to go over the numbers and talk about Mel's situation. Ted agreed to help and was sure Blake would help too. A knock interrupted them and one of the bartenders came in.

"Hey Brian, there's some guy here who wants to see you,he said It's urgent and that you know him. His name is Kip Thomas." Jerry told them.

"Send him in but I want Ted to stay and send one of the bouncers in." Brian ordered. 'What the fuck does he want?' Brian mused.

Kip Thomas walked confidently into the office and took a seat. "Long time no see. I see you did well for yourself." The man sneered.

"What do you want, Thomas?" Brian cut him short.

"You ever wondered why I dropped the charges against you?" Kip started.

"Because it was bullshit?" Ted interrupted. He couldn't stand the arrogant asshole.

"No. Someone, let's say persuaded, me. He came onto me, I took him home and blew him,he told me some story about him being only seventeen and his father putting me in jail if I didn't drop the charges. I was surprised to learn recently that the kid was your lover, Justin. What do you think, should I report him to the police for blackmail?" Kip asked evilly.

"Well," Brian drawled. "You could report him but then you would have to explain your fake charges against me and I can just see these homophobic cops wanting desperately to help you, Thomas. Listen to me carefully, if you go after Justin I will make your life hell. You will never get a job in advertising. I dealt with Jim Stockwell and Jack Kinney. You won't make me sweat a drop." Brian snarled.

Thomas looked green and got up to leave the office. When Lindsay Peterson and Michael Novotny approached him, he saw his chance to get some revenge against Kinney and the kid. Now he hoped that Brian wouldn't make good on his threat.

 

 


 

Ethan Gold

 

'Ah this hotel is nice. Lindsay told me that Justin quit the diner so my chances to see him there are slim. I never knew where Kinney's loft was so I can't even lurk around there and wait for him. Maybe Lindsay or Michael can tell me. I can't wait to see my blonde angel again. He is such a beautiful man. I long for his touch, his smile. I was a fool to let him go but I won't make the same mistake twice. Kinney won't ever have him again. I already got in touch with child services so we will have a social worker ready once the Kinney spawn is born. I hope the adoption process won't take too long. I can't wait for Justin and I to start our new life together. Everything will be perfect.'

"Hello Michael, it's Ethan here. Can you give me the address to Kinney's loft? I don't know where else I should look for Justin. Of course. Michael, I will be careful and make sure Kinney doesn't see me. I know he would try to keep me away from Justin but the whore doesn't stand a chance. Justin and I will leave Pittsburgh soon. Yes, yeah. Thanks. Talk to you later." Ethan hung up and looked at the address in excitement. Soon he would see his blonde again. He was sure Justin would be as happy and excited as he was.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Did you expect Kip Thomas?

Thanks to all of you for your reviews. It always makes me happy to read them. Especially in the past couple of days. Thank you.

Sandy xoxo