- Text Size +

 

Brunch

"Hey"

"Hey Sunshine, what time is it?"

"Almost 9:30."

*groan* "Why are we up so early?"

"Brunch, remember? We have to be at Deb's by eleven."

"Ugh, why did you let me agree to that?"

"Must have been one of your weaker moments."

"Oh yeah, we got the call right after I was dessert."

*giggle* "Uh huh."

"Do we have time for...?"

"No we don't, come on, shower."

—in the shower—

"Stop it Brian, if we start you know how it'll end and we'll be late."

"Shit, and I'm not in the mood for one of Debbie's lectures."

"Then we better hurry up."

Precisely at eleven the boys show up at Debbie's door.

"Well look who finally got out of bed." Brian rolls his eyes as Justin defends them, "you said eleven and it's eleven."

"Humph, well come on sit down, we're all here now."

At the table was the whole of their crazy extended family. The munchers with Gus, Ted and Emmett, Ben, Michael, Hunter, Vic and Rodney; even Carl was invited.

Debbie went all out. The table was set with a variety of pancakes, waffles, toast, butter and syrup; several kinds of fruit and melon, bacon, sausage, and ham, milk and juice. As the platters made the rounds, the family watched Hunter and Justin load their plates with some of everything. Brian stuck with fruit and toast.

The conversation was light and pleasant but the lovers didn't seem to notice. They sat close to each other, their shoulders and thighs touching. Every once in a while Justin would nuzzle Brian's neck and plant a small kiss. Brian would respond with his own kiss to Justin's temple or to his nose. The lovers were oblivious to the several pairs of eye that would steal looks at their private, silent communication.

Brian took a plump strawberry off his plate and bit into it slowly chewing as Justin gazed at him with longing. Brian took the remainder of the berry and painted Justin's lower lip with the juice before depositing it into the boy's mouth. He moaned softly as he watched Justin's pink tongue slip out to lick the berry stained full bottom lip.

Justin was able to entice Brian with a forkfull of egg, feeding it slowly into Brian's mouth. Justin took a small piece of toast, applied some jam like an artist using a pallette knife, he then fed the toast to his lover. Spying a bit of jam at the corner of Brian's mouth, Justin stretched up licking off the jam. Brian stole a kiss as Ben moaned, shifting comfortably in his chair. Hunter froze trying not to drool or drop his fork.

At one point Justin mumbled something about coffee. Brian got up to get the carafe from the kitchen. He filled Justin's mug then proceeded to walk around the table quietly filling the mugs of anyone indicating they wanted a refill before filling his own mug and returning the carafe to the kitchen. Lindsey smiled as Justin poured the sugar into Brian's mug as Brian reached for the cream for Justin. Melanie snorted.

Knowing how Brian hated anything fattening the whole table watched with astonishment as Justin took a small strip of well cooked bacon and fed it to Brian. The lovers touched foreheads as Brian chewed.

Brian picked up a tart green apple, took out his knife and began slicing it up. He put half of a slice into his mouth and leaned down to Justin. Justin latched on to the other end snapping it in two with his teeth. Carl muttered to Deb that she may have to turn a hose on the pair; she answered back that she might be the one in need of the hose down.


Toward the end of the meal Vic and Rodney who silently witnessed the love between the couple, gazed into each other's eyes, filled with their own love and feelings of hope. They feigned exhaustion and retired to Vic's room.

Michael, on the other hand, mumbled to himself throughout the meal with a scowl on his face, earning a pop to the side of his head from Debbie and a disapproving look from Ben.

As Justin got up to help Debbie clear the table Brian took Gus and sat in Vic's easy chair raising the foot rest. Melanie appeared shocked as Brian quietly amused his son, the picture of the dutiful father. Lindsey grinned, knowing all along that she was right about the real Brian and the love in his heart. After a while Gus napped, Brian not moving as baby spit stained his shirt. Brian dozed with his arms securely around his son.

The whole time the lovers hadn't said two words to each other but their actions spoke volumes.

As the Kinney boys slept, Justin continued to help Debbie out in the kitchen. The family made small talk. Debbie commented, "look at him, so innocent in his sleep, the asshole. Sunshine, you work so hard, is the selfish bastard behaving himself?"

"He's not selfish," Justin retorted with a hint of frustration in his voice, thinking ‘why do I always have to defend him, can't they see the real Brian?' "The other night he had dinner all ready for me when I got home."

"He can cook?" Debbie said loudly.


Ted turned and added, "are you sure he cooked, bet it was take out."


"No, it was him," Justin replied. Emmett moved to Justin's side, "grilled marinated chicken?"


"Justin smiled, "and glazed baby carrots."


Emmett gave his princess a big hug, "I knew it sweety, the big lug called me asking for a recipe, something even he couldn't ruin, saying something about his hard working partner."


"Thanks Em, you're always there for us, unlike some other disbelievers in this family," Justin leered at the nay sayers.

"What'd ya have for dessert, honey?" With out thinking Justin replied, "Brian ala mode," then he stopped, blushing from ear to ear and praying that Brian was still asleep.

"Justin!" Brian growled.


Justin groaned, ‘too late.'

Lindsey took the sleeping Gus out of Brian's arms and kissed Brian on the cheek. Brian stood up stretching his long body as Justin sidled over awaiting his punishment. Brian reached for Justin and planted an orgasmic kiss on the pouting trembling lips. "You ready for dessert Sunshine?"


Justin smiled, that smile, "Vanilla?"


"And rocky road," Brian smiled back.

"Thanks for brunch Deb, everything was delicious."

"Thanks for helping with the clean up Sunshine."

Brian took Justin's jacket, gallantly helping Justin to put it on, then put on his own.

"Bye guys."

"See ya."

The family watched as Brian got the door and the pair walked to the car hand in hand. Deb smiled as Brian again showed his gallantry as he open the passenger side for Justin, shutting the door then walking to the other side. Brian gave Justin a kiss as he started the engine.

"Well how'd ya like that?" Debbie quipped.

"The big lug does do romance," said Emmett and Teddy nodded with agreement fanning the heat from his face.

"Who'da thunk it?" murmured Mel.

"Well I always knew," Lindsey said smugly.

Ben and Hunter shared a sigh; Michael fearing retaliation, kept his mouth shut.

"Debbie I never knew brunch could be so entertaining," said Carl as the roar of the ‘vette's engine faded away.