- Text Size +

 

Reconciliations

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Justin came back to Pittsburgh at the end of February.  This was his first visit home since he had gone to New York for his course.  Brian had visited him on several weekends, but now everyone else would have a chance to see Justin too.



He arrived on Thursday night, having arranged to miss Friday and Monday of his course.  He landed at the airport around 8 pm.  Brian swept him into his arms as soon as he appeared.  He kissed him deeply, ignoring the rather disapproving looks from several faces around them.



As quickly as possible they headed for the Jeep and sped to the loft.  Thursday night was theirs.  Friday Justin would spend with his mother, but tonight there was only them.



They lost their clothes as soon as the door was closed.  Justin clung to Brian.  They kissed as they edged towards the bed.  Brian ran his hands over Justin's naked body.



"I've missed you," he breathed.



"Show me how much," Justin demanded.



Their erect penises rubbed together, eliciting moans from each.  Justin backed Brian against the bed and pushed him down on the mattress.  He stretched his body over Brian's, kissing and licking all over the face that he loved.  His hips rotated across Brian's groin, his stiff cock passing over Brian's and making them both groan.  Brian tried to roll Justin over, but he prevented it.  He continued pressing into Brian's body, rubbing with his hips and kissing Brian so deeply he felt he was reaching down to his lover's cock.  He began to buck against Brian rapidly and erratically.



"Christ, Justin!" Brian gasped.



"Are you close?" Justin breathed between kisses.



"Yes!" Brian moaned.  "I have been, since you got off the fucking plane!"



"Me too!"



Justin's hand grasped Brian's cock, and Brian screamed "Justin!"  He came in a pulsing orgasm.  Justin bucked against him a couple of more times and then shot his load all over Brian's chest.  He dropped down on top of Brian, their cum mixing together between them.



Justin felt hands run down his back and he shivered.  He felt the same hands cup the cheeks of his ass and he moaned.  He felt a finger pressed into his hole and he hissed in pleasure.  He could feel his erection growing already.



"Shit, Brian!  If you do that, you're going to have to fuck me right now!"



"And that would be a problem because…?"


"No problem at all!" Justin declared, sucking on Brian's bottom lip.



Brian fucked him twice more before they finally settled down.  Justin wound his leg around Brian's hip and snuggled up against him.



"I guess you missed me a little bit, huh?" Justin asked.



"What makes you think that?" Brian asked, sticking his tongue in his cheek.



"Three goes, in what … forty minutes!" Justin giggled.



"I did miss you … every minute!" Brian declared, running his thumb over Justin's luscious lips.  He kissed him and held him tight against his body.  "I'm sorry we have to be apart even for a second."



"We've got four days together.  Let's make the most of them," Justin stated.



They did, all night long.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian had a lot of trouble getting up Friday morning.  He and Justin had fucked most of the night.  He had gotten maybe two hours sleep.  His dick was a little tender and his ass a little sore from Justin topping him.  He smiled as he remembered.  Justin was a phenomenal lover, top or bottom.  They were perfect together.



The alarm had awakened Brian, but Justin had merely mumbled, rolled over and slept on.  Brian left him alone, knowing the boy needed his rest.  Brian had considered taking the day off, but he knew Jennifer wanted some time with her son, and Friday seemed like a good day for that.  They would have the rest of the weekend, and Brian had booked off Monday.  He smiled, thinking about all the things he was going to do to and with Justin.



He showered and dressed as quietly as he could.  Jennifer would call later, so he left the phone on Justin's side of the bed.  It would wake him up when she called.  As he set the phone on the nightstand, he looked down at Justin's sleeping face.  He looked so peaceful and so beautiful.  Sometimes Brian couldn't fathom how lucky he was to have this miraculous young man in his life.  He loved him more every day.  Sometimes it scared the shit out of him how much he had come to depend on Justin, how much he needed him around.  He couldn't imagine his life without this boy, this man.  They had become inextricably woven together.  And it surprised him to realize that that suited him just fine.



At that moment he decided what he was going to do before Justin went back to New York.  He took one more look at his lover, his friend, his partner.  He left for work thinking about what he was planning.



Jennifer called Justin around ten o'clock.  She figured he would want to sleep in, so she had gone to work for a couple of hours before she called.  She realized she had woken him up, but he assured her that was fine.  They arranged to meet for lunch at a little café they both liked.  Jennifer wanted to take him shopping in the afternoon.



They picked up Molly after school.  She was happy to see Justin even though she tried to play it cool.



Justin greeted her with his standard, "Hey, Mollusk."



She made a face.  "Hi, Just You," she retorted.



Justin looked at her.  "How long did it take you to come up with that one?" he asked, and grinned at her.



She smiled back.  "Since you always call me Mollusk, I wanted something to return the favor," she said in a very grown-up manner.



"I can see that you're growing up," Justin admitted.  "I guess I'll have to stop calling you Mollusk."



"It's okay.  I know you don't mean anything by it."



"Just that I love you."



"Don't get mushy, Just You!"



"Okay, Mollusk" Justin retorted, returning to their former sibling sniping.  "How was school?"



"Yucky!"



"Why yucky?" Justin asked.



"We had a history test today."


"Oh," Justin said.  He was thinking about all the harassment and nasty names he had endured at the glorious St. James Academy.  He was glad Molly only had to worry about tests.  "How'd you do?" he asked.



"Probably okay."



"That's good."



Jennifer had been driving them to the townhouse.  She was making a special dinner for all of them, and Brian was invited.  Justin had had to promise Brian they would leave right after dinner.  He also had to promise some special things for Brian when they got home.  If Brian had had his way, it would have been a Taylor family night and he would have had take-out at the loft.  However, Justin's persuasive skills were hard to ignore, and finally he had agreed to go.



Brian arrived around seven.  He had gone back to the loft and changed into slacks and a sweater, probably his most conservative outfit other than his work clothes.  Justin beamed when he saw what Brian was wearing.  He had half expected Brian to come dressed in something slutty in protest of Justin making him be there at all.  Brian, however, seemed to be on his best behavior.



"Hi, Brian," Molly said shyly.  She had really grown to like her brother's boyfriend, ever since he had been so kind to her when Craig Taylor had his cancer operation.



"Hello, beautiful," Brian responded.



Molly blushed a shade close to the colour of her hair.



"Would you like a glass of wine?" Jennifer asked him.



"Sure," he replied.



He and Jennifer were still not on the best of terms, but for Justin's sake, he would be civil and try not to make any wisecracks that would upset the Taylor clan.



Jennifer had roasted a chicken.  She had garlic potatoes with broccoli and carrots.  She was a very good cook.  That must be where Justin got his interest in cooking.  Brian made sure to compliment her.



For dessert she had baked an apple pie.



"Would you like ice cream or cheese with that?" she asked Brian.



He looked at Justin who blushed slightly.  "Cheese, please," he replied.



Justin chuckled.



Jennifer said, "Justin told me that you liked cheese with your apple pie."



"Did he now?"



"We always have ice cream," Jennifer explained.



"You should try it with cheese," Brian said.  "You might like it."



"Okay," she agreed.



Molly wanted her pie a la mode.  Everyone else had cheese.  They ate in silence for a few moments.



"This pie is delicious, Jennifer," Brian said, determined to be pleasant with her.



"The cheese is an interesting contrast with the sweetness of the pie.  I like it," she said.  "When did you discover cheese and apple pie?"



"When I was a callow youth," Brian smirked.



"Really?  I wouldn't think it would be a child's thing," she observed.



"It is when you have no other choice," Brian replied.



"His grandmother always served it that way," Justin explained.



Brian smiled at him, remembering Justin's own efforts at making apple pie.  That had been an interesting evening.  He looked into Justin's cornflower blue eyes.  He could see just a hint of lust there, and knew Justin was thinking about their activities too.  He squirmed in his chair, as his pants were suddenly less roomy, and it wasn't from the pie.



He cleared his throat.  "That was an excellent dinner!" he proclaimed.



Jennifer beamed at him.  Brian saw a version of Justin's smile looking back at him, and his heart softened a little.  He knew how much Justin relished kind words from him, and that was the same look on Jennifer's face.  Maybe she wasn't so bad after all.  He made a mental note to be more complimentary to her in the future.



They helped Jennifer clear the table.  Justin then said they should be going, knowing Brian didn't want to stay too long.  Jennifer kissed her son and said she would see him at Mel and Lindsay's brunch.  Brian told her again that he had enjoyed the dinner.



"You're welcome anytime, Brian," she stated.  She actually sounded like she meant it.



Brian leaned over and gave her a little peck on the cheek.  She blushed a lovely shade of red.



"Brian, I'd like us to get along better," she said.



"Sure," he replied.



Justin gave him a look, understanding the meaning of that word.  Brian saw the look on Justin's face.



He cleared his throat and said, "I'd like nothing better than for us to get along.  We have something very important in common."



"Yes, we do."  They both looked at Justin.



"Bye, Mom," he said.



He grabbed Brian's hand and pulled him out the door.  As they got into the Jeep, Brian asked, "Why did you drag me out of there so fast?  You spoiled that tender moment with your mother."



"Yeah, right!"



"I'm serious.  I was touched," Brian protested.



"Touched in the head!" Justin retorted.



"Don't you want me to get along better with your mother?"



"Of course I do."



"Well, that's what I was doing."



"Yeah, you were.  You were on your best behavior.  I just wasn't sure how much longer you could keep it up."



"Oh, ye of little faith!"



"I'm sorry if I underestimated you," Justin said sincerely.



"Sometimes you do, but usually you're right on."



"I know you well," Justin said confidently.



"And you're still here!"



"Always will be!"



Brian smiled at his confidence.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Saturday morning Brian let Justin sleep in as long as he wanted.  They had had a hot and heavy night.  Brian even managed to sleep till nine.  When he woke, he quietly got out of bed.  He showered and threw on some clothes.  Justin slept peacefully, as Brian slipped out of the loft.



About 10:30 Brian heard Justin rustling around in his sleep and knew he would soon be awake.  Having slept with the boy for almost two years, he knew his sleep patterns so well.  He quickly started the coffee, poured juice and set it out.  He looked around the loft and smiled in approval.  He liked what he had done.  He was pretty sure Justin would like it too.



He picked up his little gift and went into the bedroom.  He laid down beside Justin, resting on his elbow, watching his boy.  Justin rolled over and snorted.  Brian smiled.  He leaned over, and as Justin's beautiful blue eyes fluttered open, he kissed his luscious lips.



"Mmm," Justin moaned.  "What a nice way to wake up!"



"There's more," Brian whispered, kissing him again.



"More?" Justin asked breathlessly.  The kisses were having their usual effect.



"Yes."


"Like what?"



"You'll see in a few minutes," Brian promised.  He reached behind him and produced his gift.  He held it in front of Justin's bewildered face.  "For you, Sunshine," he said softly.



"Brian … a rose?"  He took the perfect coral rose that Brian held out to him.  "What's going on?" he asked.



"Don't you like it?"



"I love it.  It's … exquisite, but why?"



"Because I wanted to."


"Where did you get it?"



"I've been up for a while, so I went out and got a few things."



"You did?" Justin asked, grinning at him.



"Um hmm.  Today is your special day."



"What am I … Queen for a Day?"



Brian chuckled.  "I guess you could call it that."



"What have you done?"



"If you're ready to get up, I'll show you."



Justin noticed the glass partitions were closed.  Brian followed his line of sight.  As Justin started to get up, Brian said, "No peeking.  Go take a quick shower and put on your robe.  Then come out.  I'll be waiting for you."



"Aren't you going to shower with me?" Justin asked, rather disappointed.



"Not this time.  I have something to do."


Justin looked at him, not sure what was going on.  Finally he got up and went into the bathroom.  He saw his silk robe hanging on the hook, and he knew that was what Brian wanted him to put on after his shower.  He made short work of the shower, intrigued to find out what Brian had planned.  The rose was beautiful and romantic, not like something Brian would normally do.  He wondered what else his partner had in store for him.



He put on the robe and ran his fingers through his hair.  A look in the mirror and he decided he looked good.  He was ready to see what came next.  He walked out of the bathroom and down the steps.  On the second step he stopped and gasped.



Brian had laid out a breakfast picnic in the centre of the loft.  He had made a little sitting area with pillows and cushions.  They surrounded the food – dishes of bagels, lox, cream cheese, fruit, a pot of coffee, juice, and his beautiful rose in a little crystal vase in the middle.  Brian sat on one of the cushions, wearing his silk robe that matched Justin's, only a few shades darker.



"My God, Brian?"  Justin beamed at him.  "What is all this?"



"A ridiculously romantic picnic breakfast for my favorite boy," Brian replied.  "Come join me."  He patted the cushion next to his.



Justin went over and sat down beside Brian.  He heard Brian groan.  "What's wrong?" he asked.



"Will you cover up and quit flashing your dick at me?  I'm trying to behave myself, and you're not helping matters."



Justin giggled, realizing his robe had separated when he sat down, and his dick was prominently sticking out of the gap.  He pulled the soft fabric over it and sat sedately.  "Is that better?" he asked.



"Not really," Brian groaned.  Justin could see Brian's robe bulging in front of him.  "However, it will have to do for now."



"This looks great!" Justin said, surveying the feast before him.  "You've been a busy boy."



"Do you like it?"



"Oh, yes!" Justin replied.



Brian smiled at him.  "Have some juice."


Justin drank his juice while Brian prepared a bagel with cream cheese and lox.  Justin was about to grab a bagel for himself, when a touch of Brian's hand on his arm stopped him.  "This is for you," he said, bringing the bagel to Justin's lips.  Justin took a bite.



"Ummmm … good!" he reported.



Brian handed him the rest of the bagel and made one for himself.  He took a bite and poured coffee for them both.  He handed a cup to Justin who had just finished inhaling his half of the bagel.



"I wonder if half a dozen bagels was enough?" he chuckled.



Justin grinned.  "I was hungry," he said in his defense.



"Growing boys!" Brian said, shaking his head.



Brian made him another half bagel, as Justin sipped his coffee.



"This is great, Brian, but how come?"



"Remember the other picnic that I so rudely refused to participate in?"



"How could I forget?" Justin said ruefully.



"I thought I'd try to make it up to you."



"You didn't need to," Justin replied.



"I wanted to, so enjoy it."


"I am," Justin grinned, finishing this latest bagel.



"Want another one?"



"Sure."


"Christ!  Where do you put it?" Brian marveled.



"I have good metabolism," Justin smirked.



"That's for fuck sure!"



"Thanks," Justin said, taking the next bagel Brian had made for him.  "Could I have some more coffee?"



Brian refilled his mug.



"This is wonderful, Brian.  What made you decide to do this today?" Justin asked.



Brian decided to be candid for once.  "When I got up yesterday, I watched you sleeping before I went to work."



"You did?  Did you like what you saw?"



"Very much," Brian admitted.  "I realized how beautiful you are, and how lucky I am to have you here with me."



"Really?"  Justin blushed.



"Really, and I decided to make some things right, if I could.  I wanted to show you how much you mean to me."


"Is that what you were doing with my mother last night?"  The light had dawned on Justin.



"Yes," Brian said softly.  "This weekend is for you.  I'm going to do everything I can to make you happy."


"I like the sound of that," Justin said.  "Could I have another bagel?"


Brian laughed.  "Your wish is my command."  He made another bagel for his hungry baby.



"So what else do you have planned?" Justin asked, his mouth full of bagel.



"Wait and see," Brian replied.



Justin raised his eyebrows questioningly.



"Have you had enough bagels?" Brian asked.



"For now."


"Okay then, lie back," Brian instructed.



Justin shifted onto his side and stretched out on the cushions.  Brian picked up the bowl of fruit.  He fished out a grape and held it near Justin's lips.



"Aren't you going to peel it?" Justin teased.



"I will if you want," Brian replied.



Justin toyed with the idea of making him do it, but finally he said, "I was only kidding."



Brian rubbed the grape over Justin's lips and pressed it in a bit.  He pulled it back and Justin grinned at him.  He placed the grape between his teeth and brought it back to Justin's mouth.  Justin sucked at it, his lips brushing against Brian's.  He bit the end of the grape so that they each got half. It was ripe and sweet.



"Pineapple?" Brian asked, placing a piece between his teeth.



Justin sucked the juice off the pineapple.  He licked over Brian's lips and chin where the juice had dripped.  Suddenly he bit off half the pineapple and they each chewed their piece.



"You know," said Justin, "I think this is just about the best breakfast I've ever had."



"We aim to please.  Wait till we get to dessert."



"You don't have dessert with breakfast."


"You do today," Brian said, feeding Justin a piece of pear.



"I'm ready for dessert," Justin said.



"Okay," Brian responded.  "Turn onto your back."


Justin scooted around to lie looking up at Brian.  Brian straddled Justin's legs and leaned over to kiss his boy.  He started by softly kissing and sucking on Justin's lips.  As the kisses continued, they became deeper and more demanding.  Brian felt Justin's arms come up behind his head.  Justin's hands pressed the back of Brian's scalp, forcing their lips closer together.  Justin opened his mouth and their tongues duelled deliciously.



Justin felt his robe being pulled open.  Brian's hands roamed up and down the sides of his body.  Suddenly Brian sat up, breaking their kiss.  Justin groaned in disappointment.



"Easy, young fella.  There's more to come," Brian said.



Brian shifted down and between Justin's legs.  He licked the boy's navel and fucked it with his tongue.  Justin squirmed in pleasure.  Brian's tongue followed the trail down to Justin's pubes.  He buried his face there and breathed deeply in and out.  He drank in the smell that he loved.  At the same time his warm breath tickled and tantalized his lover.  Brian felt Justin's cock jump next to his face.



He moved down farther, bypassing the swelling shaft.  His tongue licked along the top of Justin's thighs, and then down to his balls.  Brian's hand grasped Justin's penis to move the heavy, swollen cock and give him greater access to the boy's sac.  Justin moaned as Brian touched him.  His hips pushed up into the hand.



"Be patient," Brian whispered.  "It will be worth it."



Justin looked at him, nodded and closed his eyes.  Brian sucked on one ball, holding it tenderly in his mouth, rolling it across his tongue, then tugging gently.  Justin moaned and Brian looked at his boy.  Justin's jaw was slack, and he was lost to the intense pleasure that Brian was stimulating.  Brian took the other ball into his mouth, giving it the same careful, but delicious treatment.  Justin gasped as he released the balls from his mouth.



"Please," he moaned.  His cock dripped precum and ached for the attention that until now had been directed elsewhere.



Brian's lips encircled the cap of Justin's cock.  He sucked the precum into his mouth.  Justin screamed, "Ahhhhh!" and almost came.  Brian backed off not ready to have this end just yet.  Justin opened his eyes and looked pleadingly at his lover.



Brian leaned in and kissed him tenderly.  Justin's arms came around Brian's shoulders, and he clung to the man he loved so intensely.  "Fuck me!" he whispered in Brian's ear.



"Not yet," Brian replied.



Justin groaned, wanting release.



Brian slid back down and again took Justin's cock into his mouth.  He sucked it far back into his throat and buried his face in Justin's pubes.  Then he stopped, holding the shaft tightly in his mouth.  The boy tried to push up into Brian's mouth, but Brian held his hips still.  Brian's lips slid up and down the shaft a couple of times, and Justin screamed, "Briiiaaannnn!"



Brian still held him down, but he slid his lips up to the tip of Justin's cock.  He licked along the prominent vein and then sucked the length of it.  Justin writhed beneath him. He circled the tip with his tongue and probed under the head.  Justin moaned.  He sucked on the head, then hummed, setting up a vibration the length of the shaft.  Justin bucked in response.  Brian deep throated him once again, then sucked on the tip.  Justin shrieked, "Ah, ahh, ahhh, ahhhh!" and came in pulsing shots into Brian's mouth.



Brian held Justin against him and felt him go limp.  He heard Justin gulping for air, then the boy let out a big sigh.  Justin's arms wrapped around Brian, and he purred his contentment.



"Happy?" Brian asked.



Deep blue eyes fluttered open and Justin nodded.



"How did you like breakfast?" Brian asked him.



"Awesome!" Justin gasped.



Brian chuckled.  "Glad you enjoyed it."


"Do I ever make you feel like this?" Justin whispered.



"Like what?"



"Like you suck me, body and soul, into you.  That you take me beyond anything I have ever felt before or thought that it was possible to feel."



"Yes, sometimes."



"Really?"



"Yes.  It's then that I know we are meant to be together.  It is so intense, beyond anything I have experienced with anyone else."



Justin snuggled in closer to Brian.  "I'm so happy to know that.  Sometimes I'm not sure how I measure up.  You're much more experienced than I am."



"Are you calling me a slut?"



Justin chuckled.  "No!  I just meant that it's nice to know that I satisfy you."



"Justin, it goes way beyond being satisfied.  I need you.  I crave you.  I desire you … all the time!"



Justin stared into Brian's eyes.  Tears welled up in his own eyes, making them sparkle.  He took a deep breath and Brian was sure he was going to cry.  He blinked and said, "If this was breakfast, what's for lunch and dinner?"



Brian laughed and squeezed his baby tight.  "Hmm, let's see.  I've fucked you to oblivion already.  How be we try for the next galaxy?  I've always wanted to travel through space and time."


"I'm ready for any adventure, as long as it's with you."


Shooting stars, spiralling rockets, shifting planets, warp drive, Milky Way, burning suns, blistering speed, cosmic impact!  All in a day's adventure in a tiny loft in Pittsburgh, Planet Earth, for two intrepid space travellers who tasted love and passion and total connection on their galactic voyage through a Saturday afternoon.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Sunday morning dawned crisp and clear.  Brian awoke to the gentle snores of his lover who lay pressed against his back, one leg draped over his hip.  He could feel Justin's morning hard-on pressed into the crack of his ass.  He would take advantage of that in a few minutes.



He carefully eased the boy over onto his back, not wanting to wake him just yet.  He turned on his side to study Justin's sleeping face.  This face had become his world, his reason for being.  He still felt afraid sometimes, afraid of how much he had invested in this one irreplaceable being.  He could no longer imagine his life without this man, and that realization frightened him sometimes.  But mostly he was grateful and thankful and content that he had someone who made his life and him complete.



He smiled at Justin's sleeping face and gently ran his fingers across the boy's cheek and along his jaw.  The gentle snores stopped.  The perfect body shifted slightly.  Brian knew he was close to waking.  He leaned over and softly sucked on Justin's bottom lip.  As he watched, the eyelids fluttered.  Momentarily he was staring into two blue pools that looked back at him with love and humour.



"Morning," Justin whispered.



"Did I wake you?" Brian asked.



"Yes, but it's a nice way to wake up."


"Oh?"



"I always know when you touch me.  I can feel it through every cell of my body."



"Can you?"



"Yes.  It makes me sooo happy!"



"As happy as you were yesterday?"



"I'm not sure that's possible.  Ecstasy doesn't begin to describe what I felt."


"We could try."


"I'm up for that."



"You're always up!" Brian said, reaching for Justin's semi-hard cock.



"Lucky for you!" Justin retorted.



"Very lucky for me.  You're insatiable."


"Well, so are you!"



"I'm not denying that.  That's why we're so good together."


"Weren't we supposed to go to Babylon last night?" Justin suddenly asked.



"Yes, but we had other things to do."


"That's for sure.  I hope the guys weren't mad."


"We'll see them at brunch this morning," Brian reminded him.



"Do we need to get ready now?" Justin asked.



"Soon, but I want to shower, with you."


"Oh."


"Shall we?"


"By all means."



They quickly made their way to the shower and managed to use up most of the hot water.  There was a lot more than cleansing going on, although they did that several times too.



A little after eleven they arrived at Mel and Lindsay's.  Everyone else was already there.  Justin was the object of many kisses and hugs.  Deb almost squeezed the life out of him.  Emmett shed a few tears.  Lindsay kissed him again and again.  Even Michael seemed glad to see him and gave him a hug.



While all of the reunions were taking place, Brian and Gus were huddled in the dining room doorway.  Brian held the toddler in his arms and they whispered together.  When everyone had finally finished welcoming Justin, Brian set Gus down and cleared his throat loudly enough to get everyone's attention.  They all turned their heads to see what Brian wanted.



Justin had had his back to Brian and Gus.  As he turned around, Gus stepped forward and said clearly, "Justin!"



Justin's mouth dropped open and he held out his arms.  Gus jumped up and down and yelled, "Justin!" once more.



"Gus!" Justin replied, finding it hard to make his voice work.



The little boy launched himself across the room and into Justin's waiting arms.  Justin hugged him tight.  "What did you call me?" he asked, wanting to hear it again.



"Justin!" Gus said emphatically, and kissed his favourite playmate.



"How did you learn to say it right?" Justin wanted to know.



"Dada helped me," Gus said, pointing to his father.



"He did?" Justin asked, looking over at Brian.



"We practised together," Brian said, his tongue prominent in his right cheek.



Justin carried Gus over to Brian.  "This is the best surprise," he said to Brian.  He gave his partner a kiss on the cheek.



Everybody applauded, happy for Brian and Gus, and mostly Justin.  Gus clapped his hands in glee.  All of his work with his father had paid off.  He basked in the praise he was receiving.



"So that's what you were doing with Gus," Lindsay said to Brian.  "All that whispering and plotting, I wondered what you were up to."


Brian grinned at her.  "It was worth the effort.  I know Justin has tried to get Gus to say his name right, but he could never do it.  See how happy they are."  Brian nodded toward Justin and Gus.  Gus had hold of Justin's hand, apparently never to let it go.



"Your two boys!" Lindsay chuckled.



"Yeah."



"That was a lovely thing to do for Justin."


Brian blushed.  "It was fun.  I think Gus can learn anything."



"He's a bright boy, just like his father," Lindsay stated.  "Seems to me his father can learn anything too."


"What do you mean?" Brian asked.



"You've learned to give of yourself, your time, your expertise.  You've learned to love someone and do whatever you can to make them happy."  She looked at Brian, and then at Justin, who was being led around the room to see all Gus' toys and favourite things.



"You think that's what I've learned?"



"Pretty sure of it."


"He's worth it."


"You got that right!  I'm so happy you've finally realized that."



"Guess I'm a slow learner," Brian admitted.



"You're not a slow learner.  You've merely been fighting it for almost two years.  You were proving the old adage 'You can lead a horse to water…'"



"And if you hold him under the water long enough, he'll give in kicking and screaming," Brian completed for her.



"I don't see any kicking and screaming.  I see someone who has stopped fighting it and learned to appreciate what he's lucky enough to have."


Brian leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.



"What was that for?" Lindsay asked.



Brian merely smirked at her and moved away.  He went over to the food table and got some juice.



"He knows I'm right," Lindsay thought, pleased with herself.



They all had a lovely brunch.  Justin told them all about his time in New York.  He left out the whole Noel situation.  He and Brian had decided it was over, and there was no point worrying their family and friends about it.



"Are you getting to see much of New York?" Ted asked.



"Some," Justin replied.  "We've been to the major museums and I've done some sightseeing."


"Haven't had too many free weekends, I bet," Ted said, glancing over at Brian.



Brian stuck his tongue out at him.



"I've had better things to do on weekends," Justin stated, grinning at Brian.



"Yeah, much better!" Brian added, looking lasciviously at his lover.



"As long as you're happy," Emmett said.  "We missed you at Babylon last night."



"We had better things to do last night too," Brian smirked.



"Of course," Emmett admitted.



"And you two?" Justin asked.



Emmett looked lovingly at Ted.  "We're great, sweetie," he said.



"That's good," Justin replied.



Brian rolled his eyes, still unable to fathom that these two were together.  However, the look Justin gave him kept him from making his usual sarcastic comment.  He got up and went to get a cup of coffee.  Debbie joined him.



"That was a sweet thing you did for Justin," she said.  "He was really pleased."


"Yeah," Brian responded.  "Justin tried again and again to get Gus to say his name right, but he just couldn't get the 't'."



"How did you get him to say it?"



"We practised a lot.  I was afraid for a while that Justin would forever be 'Just Tin', but a week ago Gus finally got it together."



Debbie eyed him with a big grin.



"What?" he asked.



"Brian fucking Kinney!  Father, teacher, lover!  Who'd of thunk it?"



Brian snorted.  "Certainly not me!"



Debbie gave him a peck on the cheek.  "I'm happy for you … and proud of you," she added.



"Thanks," Brian replied, rather proud of himself.

The brunch was winding down.  Ben and Michael took off.  Brian hadn't spoken much to Michael.  There was still some resentment there about the amount of time that Brian spent with Justin compared with what he spent with Michael.  However, Justin was his first priority and that's just how it was.



The others began to file out too.  They were all hugging and kissing Justin and wishing him well.  Brian took Gus upstairs to avoid these pleasantries that always wore on his nerves.  Gus was coming home with him and Justin.  They were going to the dinosaur exhibit at the museum, and Gus was spending the night at the loft.  Justin had requested some extended time with the little boy.  He didn't want Gus to forget him, when he was gone for so long.  Besides, he missed the little guy almost as much as Gus missed him.



Gus picked out a few toys that he wanted to take with him.  Brian added them to the bags that Lindsay had packed for him.  As he zipped up the bag, the door opened and Justin came in.



"Justin!" Gus beamed.



"I can't believe you can say my name.  Say it again!"



"Justin," Gus responded.  He smiled shyly at his playmate.



"Are you ready to spend the night with the big boys?" Justin asked.



"Ready!  Ready!"  Gus bounced up and down in anticipation.



"Well then, let's go, partner," Justin said, scooping him up.



Brian grabbed the bags and they went downstairs.



"Do you have everything?" Lindsay asked.



"Yes, mother," Brian replied.



"And you'll drop him off at daycare tomorrow morning?"



"Yes."


"Okay!  Have fun, sweetie," Lindsay said, giving him a kiss.



"Love you, Mama!" Gus replied.



"Be a good boy for daddy and Justin," Melanie said, also giving him a kiss.



"Love you, Mommy."



"Okay!  Let's get this show on the road," Brian said.  Sometimes it took longer to get Gus organized and ready to go, than the actual amount of time he got to spend with Brian.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



They returned to the loft about eight o'clock.  It had been a good day.  As they rode up in the elevator, Gus snuggled against Brian's shoulder.  He could barely keep his eyes open.  Justin was loaded down with the bags containing clothes and toys.  He watched Brian and his son.  He felt such contentment after a day like today.  The brunch had been nice.  He enjoyed seeing all his friends again and accepting all their good wishes.  They were great people.  But having Gus pronounce his name correctly, and knowing Brian was responsible for making that happen, filled him with such joy.  He couldn't have asked for a better homecoming.



They had enjoyed the dinosaurs at the museum.  Gus could pick out his favourite T-rex.  They had to read him all the information on the signs in front of each display.  The little boy was very bright and seemed to absorb everything he heard.



After the dinosaurs they had gone to the park across the street from the museum.  They had helped Gus make a snowman.  Brian had wanted it to be anatomically correct, but Justin had managed to dissuade him.  Brian had given in when Justin promised to let him play with all his anatomically correct parts later on.



When the snowman finally passed muster, Gus named him Thomas, after Thomas the Train.  He loved those stories and anything to do with trains.  Brian had told Justin about the train set that he wanted to get for Gus' birthday.  Justin wasn't sure it would fit in Mel and Lindsay's house.



Justin had picked up a handful of snow and threw it at Brian.  Brian had retaliated.  They had had a good old fashioned, knockdown, drag out, snowball fight, while Gus jumped up and down and squealed his delight.  He loved seeing his father and Justin get pelted with snow.  They looked so silly.  After watching for a few minutes, he picked up some snow and threw it at his father.  That resulted in Gus being covered in snow by an apparently outraged father.  It was cold, but Gus ran around dodging the snow as best he could while Justin and his father threw it gently over him.



After a while they spotted a pristine patch of snow and they all made snow angels.  They lay laughing together in the freezing white stuff.  Brian got up and pulled his two boys to their feet.  He picked up Gus and they all stood back and admired their handiwork.  Gus hugged his daddy, and Brian could feel his cold nose and face against his neck.  Brian decided they better get Gus inside and warm before he got sick.  Lindsay would ream him but good if he brought Gus back with a cold.



They brushed each other off and headed back to the Jeep.  It was starting to get dark, so they drove to the diner for something to eat.  Debbie was working and was thrilled to see them.  Brian and Gus shared a burger and fries and Justin had his own.



"Turning the little guy into a junk food addict?" Debbie asked, as she refilled Brian's coffee cup.



"It's what he wanted," Brian said defensively.



"His mothers never let him have that," Debbie stated.



"Well, I'm his father and his mothers don't have to know."


"I wasn't criticizing," Debbie backed off.



"Good," said Brian.  "We're having a fabulous day and nothing is going to ruin it."


"Justin," Gus said.



Justin beamed at him.  He loved hearing his name pronounced properly.  "Yes, Gus?"


"Where have you been?"



"You mean for the last two months?"


"You haven't come to see me," Gus said plaintively.



"I'm sorry, partner, but I've been in New York City."


"New York City," Gus parroted.  "Where's that?"



"Far away in that direction," Justin said, pointing to what he hoped was the north east.



"Oh," Gus replied.  "Why?"



"I'm learning to do my art there, my drawing."


"Why?  You draw good."


"So…I…um…can draw even better."


"You draw nice pictures now."


"Thanks."  Justin grinned at him.



"I miss you," Gus said.



"I miss you too."


"Mama said you would go away again."


"That's right.  My course isn't over yet."


"I don't want you to go."


"I have to, Gus."


"But I miss you," the little boy said sadly.



"I know, but I still have to go."


"Dada misses you too," Gus said, looking at Brian for help in making Justin stay.  "He told me how much."



"He did?" Justin asked, looking at Brian who did his best to appear nonchalant.  "How much does he miss me?"


"This much!" Gus said, stretching his arms out as far as he could reach.



"I miss him that much too."


The two men looked at each other, not knowing what to say.



Brian cleared his throat.  "Are you finished eating, Gus?"


"Yes."



"Then I think we better get you home."


"Home … to your place?" Gus asked.



"Yes."


"With Justin?"


"Yes, with Justin."


"That's good!" Gus said emphatically.



"It's just us boys tonight," Brian said, picking him up.



They had piled into the Jeep and ridden quietly to the loft.  Gus appeared ready for bed as soon as Brian got his coat off.  Brian laid him down on the sofa and he fell asleep almost immediately.



"Must be all that fresh air and snow," Brian said to Justin.  Justin had retrieved a blanket from the bedroom and they covered the little boy.  Brian got a pillow for him.  They decided to leave him there for the night, making sure he was well tucked in.



"We can use the bed for us," Brian said, backing Justin towards the bedroom.  "I have to check out all your anatomically correct parts.  Remember?"


"I remember," Justin whispered, falling under the spell of Brian Kisses.



They fucked and fooled around.  Brian verified that all Justin's parts were anatomical and correct and fully functional.  Justin returned the favour.



A little after midnight Brian went to get a bottle of water for each of them.  On his way back to the bedroom he detoured past the couch.  Gus slept peacefully.  Brian pulled the blanket up around his neck.  As he stepped up to the bedroom, he took a last look down at Gus and stubbed his toe on one of the steps.



"Shit!" he yelped, and hobbled over to the bed.



"Shh!" Justin cautioned.



Brian rubbed his toe, and they both held their breath waiting to see if they had woken Gus.  Justin took over rubbing Brian's toe.  Gradually the massage moved up his leg to his groin.  Brian flipped Justin onto his stomach and prepared to enter him.  He ripped open a condom.



"Dada!"



Brian turned his head and saw his son standing at the foot of the bed staring at them.



"Gus, what's wrong?"



"Something woke me up."


Brian grabbed the duvet and pulled it over him and Justin.  He turned around under the covers and dropped the condom over the side of the bed.  Justin had collapsed onto his stomach and stayed that way.



"You should be asleep, Gus," Brian said.



"What were you and Justin doing?" Gus asked.



"Um … "  Brian wasn't sure how to answer that.  "Playing," he finally said.



"Me play too," Gus stated, starting to crawl up onto the bed.



Justin groaned and turned over.  His still erect penis pushed up the duvet.  Gus dove on him and landed right on that tender protuberance.


"Ow!" Justin gasped.



Brian grabbed Gus and pulled him over against his body.  "Take it easy, Sonny Boy!"



"What's wrong?" Gus asked, looking at Justin's pained expression.



"You're getting to be such a big boy, and you're heavy," Brian covered for his lover.



"Sorry, Justin," Gus said.



"It's okay, partner," Justin said, regaining his voice.



"Play?" Gus asked.



"Aren't you sleepy?" Brian asked him.



"No."



Justin giggled.  "You're not going to get rid of him that easily."



Gus looked at each of them.  "Get rid of me?" he asked, looking ready to cry.



"It's okay, Sonny Boy.  We're keeping you," Brian said, starting to tickle under Gus' arms.  The little boy began to giggle.  Justin tickled his feet and he giggled more.  After a minute he had forgotten Justin's comment and was laughing out loud.



"Okay," said Brian.  "Enough playing."


"More!" Gus demanded.



"Gus," Brian said with just a hint of displeasure.  "You need to calm down.  No more playing."


"Okay," Gus gave in.  "Me sleep here."


"You should go back to your bed," Brian told him.



"Stay with you, Dada!"  Gus snuggled up against Brian and wrapped his arms around his neck.


"He's got you," Justin observed.



Brian groaned.  "Lie down, Gus."


Gus scooted down between his father and Justin.  The two men pulled up the duvet, covering their chests, and tucking it under Gus' chin.



Gus looked up at them and asked, "Tell me a story?"



Brian groaned again.



"I'll start," Justin said.  "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Gus."


"Like me?"



"Just like you!" Justin averred.  "And Gus was going to go on a long train ride."  Justin remembered how much Gus loved trains.



"With Dada and Justin?"



"Yes."


"And Mommy and Mama?"



"If you want."


Brian snorted.  Justin gave him a look.



"Where do you think Gus would like to go?" Justin asked.



"To see Mickey."


"Mickey who?"  Justin asked, not knowing about any friend named Mickey.



"Mickey Mouse!" Gus clarified.



"Oh, of course."


"He wants to go to f… Disney World!"  Brian grimaced.



"So Gus and his family set off on the train to see Mickey," Justin continued, ignoring Brian's outburst.  "They travelled for several days, heading south to Florida.  They passed through little towns and lots of farmland.  They saw mountains and many trees.  They had delicious meals on the train, lots of hamburgers, French fries and hot dogs."



Brian stared at Justin.  He was describing Brian's worst nightmare.  When he glanced down at Gus, his eyes were closed and his mouth slightly open, indicating he was almost asleep.



"When they got to Disney World, Gus ran around looking for Mickey," Justin continued in a soft, even voice.  "He found Cinderella and Pluto, but no Mickey.  He sent his Dada and Justin and his Mommy and Mama to hunt for Mickey, but nobody could find him.  When Gus was almost ready to give up, the parade started.  There was Mickey leading the whole thing.  He waved at Gus and called him over.  He picked up Gus and carried him at the head of the parade.  Gus had the best day of his life, and they all lived happily ever after."



Gus was sound asleep, lulled by Justin's voice.  He was undoubtedly dreaming of him and Mickey leading the parade at Disney World.  Brian waited a few minutes to be sure he didn't stir, then he carried him back to the couch.  He got him settled, then returned to the bed.



"That was a close call," he said.



"Want to 'play' some more?" Justin asked.



"I think I want a story."


"A story?  Are you kidding?"



"That was some story you told Gus.  Tell me one," Brian requested.



"Okay?" Justin said, trying to think what he could say.  "Um … Once upon a time there was a big, bad boy named Brian."



Brian snorted.  "How bad?"



"Very, very bad!"



Brian grinned.



"He was so very bad, he was good!" Justin added.  "And … he had a very handsome and charming companion named … Juicy Justin."


Brian snorted again.  "Juicy Justin?" he asked.  "Is that the best you could come up with?"



"Well, Big Bad Brian was easy, but what other 'J' word could I use?"


How about joyful, jubilant … juggernaut?"


"Juggernaut?"



"Well, you trampled all over me and my tidy little life pretty fucking decisively!"



"Is that what you think?" Justin asked, his mouth hanging open in shock.



"I'm not complaining, just stating a fact, and I wouldn't have it any other way."



"Okay, Juggernaut Justin was Big Bad Brian's constant companion."


"You know, you are kind of juicy," Brian interrupted.  "I think I like Juicy Justin better."


"Will you make up your mind and stop interrupting me!"



Brian chuckled.  "Enough stories!"



"Are you sure this time?"



"I'm ready to go back to where we were so rudely interrupted before."


"We're going to have to be more careful around Gus, both in what we say and what we do," Justin observed.



"You're right," Brian said thoughtfully.  "He's starting to grow up, and he's a smart little fucker!"



"Just like his daddy."


"Brian snorted.  "And his Mama."



"Yeah," Justin agreed.


"Come here, you!" Brian said.



Justin slid over and into Brian's arms.  He surrendered completely to Brian's kisses.  "This will be the end to an almost perfect day," Justin whispered.



And it was.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



They got Gus to daycare on time.  He didn't want Justin to leave, fearing he wouldn't see him again.  Justin promised he would be back, and Gus tried to be brave.  There were a few tears as Brian and Justin walked out the door.



In the Jeep, Brian saw the look on Justin's face, and asked, "Are you all right?"



"I wanted to spend time with Gus, but this is so hard!"


"He'll be all right.  We talk about you all the time," Brian said.



"You do?"



"He loves you, Justin.  You're very important to him."


"Please, stop!" Justin begged.



"Stop what?"



"Talking about Gus.  I can't stand it!"



"Sure."



Justin took a few deep breaths and seemed to regain control.  They drove in silence for a while.  Suddenly Justin asked, "What are we going to do till it's time for me to leave?"


"There is something, but only if you want to," Brian said tentatively.



"Fuck?" Justin asked with a grin.



"That too, but no, it's something else."


"What?"



"You don't have to do it, if you don't want to."


"What the fuck is it, Brian?"



"My mother has invited us to lunch."


"Us, as in me?" Justin asked in disbelief.



"You got it!"



"No shit!  When did this happen?"


"We've been getting along better.  I take her to church occasionally, and we talk over lunch."


"That's good," Justin said, trying to gauge this different side of Brian.



"I guess it is.  Anyway, she says she wants to get to know you.  But we'll only go, if you want to," Brian added.



"Sure," said Justin.  "What should I wear?"



Brian laughed.  "I don't think she'll care."


"But I want to look nice."


"Okay, then let's go shopping.  We've got time."


"I love you so much," Justin said, kissing him.


They found him a perfect outfit, charcoal grey slacks and a pale blue cashmere pullover.  The blue came close to matching Justin's eyes.  He looked good enough to eat and Brian did as soon as he got him back to the loft.



They barely made it to Joanie's house by noon.  Justin started to get cold feet as they neared the house.



"What if she hates me?" he asked Brian.  "What can I talk to her about?  Maybe this is a mistake."


Brian screeched to a halt.  "Look, I told you you don't have to do this.  We can go back to the loft," he said evenly.



"No … I want to do it.  I'm … I'm just scared."


"Contrary to popular belief, my mother is human.  She doesn't eat little boys alive."



Justin made a face at him.  "But her son does," Justin giggled.



"Twat!" Brian retorted.



"Let's get this over with," Justin said.



They pulled up to the house.



"Here goes nothing!" Justin said, getting out of the car.



Brian introduced Justin to his mother in a little more conventional manner than had taken place last time they met.  Everything was very civil and very awkward.  They ate the salad she had prepared, mostly in silence.



Finally, Joanie couldn't stand it any more, and said, "Justin, I've been afraid to say anything much to you.  I want you to like me, for Brian's sake, but I don't know what to talk to you about."


"That makes two of us," Justin replied.



"Really?  You're nervous around me?"

"Yes," Justin replied.  "I want you to like me for Brian's sake."


"And Brian would like you both to relax, for Brian's sake!" Brian retorted.  "You're making me fucking nervous!"



They both laughed and did start to relax.  Justin told Joanie about his art course in New York.  She wanted to know what kind of art he did, and even asked some relatively intelligent questions about materials and techniques and some artists whose work she liked.  Brian was impressed with his mother.  He was always impressed with Justin.



When they were putting on their coats to leave, Joanie gave Justin an open invitation to come for lunch any time he was back in Pittsburgh.  "I enjoyed getting to know you, Justin," she said.



"Thanks.  It was nice meeting you too."


"I hope you will come visit me again, both of you."



"That would be nice," Justin replied.



When they drove away, Justin let out a long breath.  "That went pretty well, don't you think?" he asked.



"Not bad," Brian replied.



"I wouldn't want to do it every day though."


Brian chuckled.  "That makes two of us.  We do seem to be getting better at this in-law thing?" Brian observed.



"In-law?" Justin asked.



"Figure of speech," Brian backtracked.



"Oh sure," Justin grinned.  "Freudian slip?"



"Maybe," Brian admitted.



Justin could barely believe his ears.  That was as close as Brian had ever come to admitting that they were as good as married.  They rode the rest of the way to the loft in silence.  Justin didn't want to say anything to make Brian retract his words.



They packed up Justin's belongings, spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, ordered take-out for dinner, and still arrived at the airport just after seven-thirty.  Justin's flight was about an hour later.



"This was quite a weekend!" Justin said, after he had checked in.



"Did you have a good time?"



"The best!"



"I hope we set a few things right.  That was my goal," Brian said seriously.



"We did!  And thank you," Justin said, linking his arm through Brian's as they headed for security.  "Are you coming to New York next weekend?"



"You bet!"



"Great!  But how can we ever top this weekend?" Justin asked.



"I'll find a way.  I'm becoming very creative in my old age," and they both laughed at the age reference that seemed of so little consequence anymore.