- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

Look at what has happened.  

Some of it may seem unreal, but remember things are as I wish them not as they actually are. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

A look at Justin's life

 

Justin

 

Some days were crap shoots for Justin.  He'd wake up when the bed would sway indicating that his partner, he loved thinking that, had gotten out of bed.  His hearing followed Brian to the bathroom hearing the flush of the toilet.  Sometimes there was mornings where he would open his eyes and smile as he actually saw Brian get into the tub and Justin would pull on the rope sending cold water over his lover. 

 

Then there are the mornings where he'd wake up without his sight however it didn't bother him like it used to.  After he had made Brian shriek like a girl he would laugh while he tumbled out of the swinging bed.   Years of practice had him grabbing a robe and in the kitchen in no time.  If he was lucky Emmett would be there fixing an omelet or pancakes.  If not a bowl of cereal would be waiting for him.

 

The kids would sit quietly and make him guess where they were not to mention which cereal he was eating.  There was a lot of laughter in the firehouse these days.

 

Thanks to Brian, Justin was never without his remote control which can operate any door in the building making looking for switches obsolete. 

 

There were days when Justin was angry at the world and while they were few and far between, they had pretty much everyone running for cover.  On those days he would get on the elevator and go down to the room Brian had made over for Jenny to do her pottery.  He would grab a load of clay and slam it on the wheel.  Then without thinking he'd let the clay take him away.  It was on those days that some of his greatest creations were birthed. 

 

There were days when he just wanted to putter with pottery and Jenny would join him.  When he got too gloomy, however, a wad of clay would land on his face and a pottery version of a food fight would commence. 

 

On other days he'd connect with Gus over Rage which was selling like hotcakes, their ideas sometimes getting more outrageous until Daphne could review them and talk them down from their maniacal designs.

 

 On this particular morning he awoke with the remnants of a dream in his head. The thing about dreams is they don't usually stick, but this one did.  Justin's dream had him waddling with a big belly.  He thought it was funny, so he related it the next morning at breakfast.  He should have known something was unusual by the look on Brian's face.

 

"Funny you should say that.  I had a similar dream, only I was the one pregnant."

 

"Men don't get pregnant,"  the princess formerly known as JR said.

 

Gus snickered his agreement and soon the whole table was laughing.  "Hey, Jus, maybe we can use that in the Rage storyline?"  An intense debate went up over who should be pregnant.  JT was a consideration until Justin put the kibosh on it, Rage was considered briefly but quickly vetoed.  Zepher got the most votes with the exception of Princess who said that she wouldn't wish him as a parent on anyone.

 

 

And that was the end of that until they got the congratulation card in the mail signed MM.