- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Carl and Debbie, how will their part turn out?  Short chapter.

 

Debbie and Carl

 

Debbie never gave up hope of Jenny Rebecca wanting to see her.  So once a week she would go to the firehouse and try to bully her way inside to see her granddaughter.  Each time just made the little Princess go and hide until the noisy woman went away.  Brian did his best to get her to make peace with her grandmother, but Princess wasn't buying it. 

 

One day Deb had headed for the firehouse determined to have her say come hell or high water.  To her surprise the place was shut down tighter then a tomb.  She did her best to find out where they had gone to, but nobody was talking.

 

Then she started to play the blame game.  At first Carl tried to talk some sense into her, but that didn't work so he blocked her out.  He ended up working longer hours so he wouldn't have to listen to her. 

 

However when he got the notice from the bank that Deb had refinanced the house and she refused to tell him why or where the money went he knew things were coming to a head.

Eventually it got so bad that he realized that he much like Ben was an enabler, by letting her get away with her bullshit. 

 

Unfortunately he had sold his home when he moved in with Deb and they had used the money to pay off her house.  As much as he wanted to leave, he had no place to go. 

 

Mysterious Marilyn somehow found out and passed the information on to Emmett, who passed it on to Brian.  There was a small cottage on the property and he immediately offered it to Carl on the condition he didn't tell Debbie.  Carl snapped it up.