- Text Size +

CHAPTER 11 - COUGHING, POUNCING AND DANCING


TAYLOR RESIDENCE - THURSDAY EARLY EVENING, A WEEK LATER


JUSTIN’S ROOM


KENDI


Aunt Nya, Grandmom and I try not to laugh as Dad picks up and rejects another tie. “You’d think he’d never been to a client dinner before.” Grandmom laughs.


“Sssh Aunt Jennifer, we are trying to get him out of the house!” Nya snickers.


“Oh this is ridiculous!” I sigh crossly. “Dad, do not even think of changing your suit! Just put this tie with this shirt. This is where you obey the fashionably forward 14 year old daughter you have.” He changes into the shirt and puts on the tie. “Done, you look hot but not like you’re trying to!”


“Thank you, Ms Versace!” He grouses as he admires himself, almost reluctantly, in the mirror.


“I hope you don’t intend to kiss Pop with that mouth.” I smirk.


“She is spending far too much time with you.” He side eyes Aunt Nya.


“Speaking of spending time, we owe Kemi big this weekend.” I sigh.


“Yes, we do indeed.” He shakes his head. “An evening with Jenny, ignoring her while Lindsay tries to instruct her on…”


“Why is Jenny at Britin?” Aunt Nya asks confused.


“She isn’t. Kemi is going over to them. Oh wait, you don’t know. Gus has got a bad cold and was going to be babysitting them over there but now…”


“Oh fuck that!” Aunt Nya declares and reaches for her phone. “Hey Mel, its Nya. How you doing, girlie? Heard that Gus is not well. Kendi wants to come over and…” She nods. “...one sec. Aunt Jennifer, want to go plant a seed?” She grins. “I do believe the cotillion needs to be discussed, doesn’t it?”


“Indeed.”


“What’s going on?” I ask Dad and he chuckles quietly.


“You’ll see.” He replies with a smirk.


MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOME - AN HOUR LATER


LINDSAY


I open the door to the knocking, pulling on my coat at the same time. Now that Nya is coming over, we decided to go out for a drink instead.


“But mommy…” Jenny begins. “I don’t want her here, telling me what to do. She doesn’t like me!”


“She doesn’t like your behaviour, which is completely different.” Mel corrects her sternly. “I want you to behave yourself and above all else do not bother Gus. He’s sleeping now.”


“Such drama for a heavy cold.” She grumbles.


“Jenny! One day you are going to want sympathy from others, now would be a good time to be empathetic…”


“Gus is being pathetic enough for the pair of us!” She laughs.


“Such kindness. This is definitely nurture, not nature…” The cool tones of Jennifer Taylor float through the hallway. “Good evening, ladies. Nya is just parking. How’s Gus?”


“Tired.” Mel grimaces. “He’s been coughing so much that he’s exhausted and…” She pauses as Nya and Kendi come into view. “Hi there, you two. What’s that smell?”


“Our dinner. You ladies get going, we’ll be fine.” Nya comes in carrying a bag.


“What is it exactly? It smells wonderful.” Mel looks embarrassed as her stomach gives a loud rumble.


“Ginger, chilli and sesame sticky wings....” Nya smiles at her, making my hackles rise.


“Mel, we need to get going.” I point out tartly.


“Nya, makes the best wings ever!” Kendi smiles. “Which way is Gus’s room?”


“I’ll…” Jenny begins.


“Hey Kendi…” Gus croaks from the top of the stairs. “That does smell really good.”


“You back to bed!” Kendi orders, going up the stairs. “Where’s Kemi? Kemi!”


“Bathroom.” He replies quietly and starting to come down the stairs, wrapped in his dressing gown.


“How is this going back to bed?” Jennifer demands, meeting him halfway before pausing and putting her hand on his forehead. “That’s not right. Come on down, Gus. Jenny, can you get a blanket for him please.”


“Jennifer?” Mel frowns. “What’s wrong?”


“He’s very warm…” She replies. “Lounge?”


“That way.” She points and starts to take off her coat.


“Gus, have you been sick at all?” Jennifer asks and he nods.


“Gus!” Mel exhorts. “Why didn’t you say?!”


“I just thought it was because I was coughing so much.”  He mumbles from the sofa.


“Lindsay, can you get the thicker blanket for me please?” Mel looks at the blanket that Jenny brought down, shaking her head.


“What’s Kemi doing?” Jenny mutters.


“Cleaning up after me.” Gus blushes. “I didn’t make it to the bathroom the second time.”


“Oh for fuck sake!” Nya grouses and heads upstairs. “Kendi, can you heat the broth up for me please doll? Kemi!”


“Yes Aunt Nya!” Kendi turns to me. “The kitchen please.” She looks expectantly at me.


“Jenny, why don’t you show her the way?” I nod encouragingly.


“Of course, mommy!”


“Hi, Doctor Richards please. This is Melanie Marcus; it’s about my son, Gus.” Mel is pacing as she waits to be put through.


“Lindsay, can you get a thermom…” Jennifer begins only to be interrupted by Kemi, bringing one in and a thicker blanket.


“Don’t be mad at her.” Gus looks imploringly at me. “I asked her not to say anything.”


“She should’ve said something.” I glare at Kemi.


“Mom, I asked her not to and…”


“Gus, conserve your energy.” Mel orders. “Oh hi, Dr Richards. Yes it’s about Gus. He’s running a temperature of…”


“100.8” Jennifer tells her.


“100.8 and has been coughing and been sick...how many times, Gus?”


“Three times today and once yesterday.” He replies and I want to shake him for being so irresponsible!


Mel seems to relax a bit and is nodding. “Okay, light foods and lots of rest. Thanks. Bye.”


“What did he say?” I demand.


“There is a strain of flu going around. Seems our Sonny Boy has caught it.” She sighs, running her hand through his sweaty hair before turning back to Kemi. “What were you doing, sweetheart?”


“Trying to wash the sheets.” Nya replies. “Found her in the bathroom with them.”


“Here.” Kendi comes back in with a bowl of steaming liquid. “Gus, sit up and drink this. All of it.” I have to admit that it does smell wonderful. “We should phone Dad and Pop and let them know what’s happening. But they are not to come back.”


“On it.” Kemi tells her, grabbing her phone.


“Where’s the washing machine? And do you have a basket? Need to get them in.” Nya looks at me.


An hour later, Gus is back in bed having had, and kept down, two bowls of the broth. The girls are upstairs in Jenny’s room.


“Well so much for date night.” I sigh.


“Yeah.” Mel replies.


“That’s the thing with kids they have the ability to slam the breaks on romance. God, I remember when Kendi got the stomach flu.” Nya reminisces. “We were so scared. She just kept being sick and we were convinced she was going...”


“Jesus, how old was she?” Mel asks.


“She was 2. It was horrible and...no, not going back to that memory.” She shudders. “She’s here now.”


“That bad?” Mel asks, taking her hand.


“She almost died.” Jennifer tells us and Nya blinks back tears.


“She inherited Justin’s immune system, in that it is very delicate. She’s allergic to most things…”


“We should call them down soon. We need lots of napkins. Those wings are to be eaten with fingers only.” Nya informs us, standing up and stretching. I catch the appreciative look that Mel gives her.


“I’ll help and Lindsay…”


“Will help Nya and you can get the girls.” I reply tightly.


KITCHEN


I follow her in and watch as she lords it over me in my home. I wait for her to put down the tray of wings. “Ten years.” I growl out.


“Huh?” She looks up at me.


“Don’t do the confused lesbian thing with me! I have been with Mel for over ten years and I have absolutely no intention of allowing you to…”


“Strictly dickly.” She smirks.


“What?”


“Although if I wasn’t and wanted to...she would be mine.”


“I don’t…”


“I’m not gay, Lindsay. I like Mel but not like that.” She regards me coolly. “But like I said if I want something bad enough, I can be very persuasive. We’re the same in that respect, except I have a higher success rate...much, much higher. Shall we eat?”


PIG AND TRUFFLE, GREENSBURG


BRIAN


When Kemi called about Gus, we were fine with not going home. But now as dinner has bored on, we are both regretting it. I look across the table to where he is supposed to be sitting opposite me. Parker Anderson continues to swing his dick about how wonderfully Anderson Dark Inc is doing. I feel my phone vibrate and discreetly take it out. I mouth my apologies and move away from the table, making sure to keep Genevieve Anderson in my sight.


JT: Would it be bad to use Gus as an excuse to leave now before my brain leaks out of my eyes!


BK: No, this is a worthy cause - if I stay one more minute I am going to strangle him with his spleen!


JT: So how do we do this?


BK: You use your twinkliness to get us out of here.


JT: I have twinkliness?


BK: Yep like a diamond, you shine bright.


JT: Just don’t look at me…


BK: I don’t kiss with my eyes open.


JT: Great! Now I’m like a compass near north!


BK: I await my punishment for such an unseemly display of naughtiness


JT: You will suffer the wrath of my tongue and hands!


BK: Get us out of here!


TAYLOR RESIDENCE - AN HOUR LATER


LOUNGE


BRIAN


Oh fuck! Oh fuck! I am lying on the sofa, squirming and groaning. He’s recreating the classic Spiderman kiss. My head is on the armrest and he’s sitting on a chair behind me, kissing me upside down. But it’s his hands...he has undone my pants and they are buried inside, gently fluttering over my cock...it is torture! I pull my mouth away from his.


“Justin!” I protest.


“You are being punished.”


“But…”


“Punished.” He repeats.


“Please...let me...oh God!” I shriek like a girl as he suddenly jerks me quickly and happily to completion.


“2nd time.” He murmurs.


“No, it was the third time when you did that. I was trying to get water out of the fridge at the time. You need to apologise to my cleaner.”


“I shall send flowers.” He whispers as he slides on top of me. “Now shush and be very thoroughly kissed.”


MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


LOUNGE


JENNIFER


It has to be perfectly timed. Double K are back down and dozing as Kemi is coming back with us for tonight.


“Nya, have you got your dress ready for the Junior Cotillion?”


“No, not yet. The Givenchy one won’t work this year as it’s just a touch risqué. Can we go shopping? You know me, I have the patience of a…”


“Junior Cotillion? What’s that?” Lindsay leaps in like a spawning salmon!


“It happens once a year, something my darling Craig started years ago. He was my husband, if you remember me saying.” She nods like a lapdog. “Kemi and Kendi are to be presented this year and Nya is Kendi’s chaperone. Brian and Justin will also be there for Gus and Hunter.  It happens on a weekend that Gus is with Brian. It will be so exciting.” I make sure not to look at Nya before I say the next piece. “Mel, I was wondering, if you would like to attend as Kemi’s chaperone?”


“Me?!” She gasps in surprise.


“Yes. Obviously, if you say yes, we will purchase your evening gown. Kemi speaks so highly of you.”


“She does...I-I would be delighted, but want to pay half towards…”


“You will accept and that’s that.” I say firmly and she just nods. “Now it is at the end of July, so let’s put in dates for shopping. We need to allow for alterations of the dress, and trust me, there are always alterations!”


LINDSAY


There is no fucking way that Jenny is missing out on this! No fucking way!

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks