- Text Size +

CHAPTER 16 - IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY


MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - WEDNESDAY EVENING


LOUNGE


JENNY


Mommy and I are reading and Mom is out at a cotillion meeting. “Is Mom calmer now?” I ask.


“How do you mean?”


“Well she was really angry on Monday.”


“Yes, we’ve drawn a line under everything. But…”


“What about Gus? Is he going to live with Uncle Brian?”


“I don’t think so. We have to have a talk about that.”


“Well, if my vote counts, I think he should. After all, I do need you more than he does; he’s already had his formative years. And besides living with Uncle Brian after so long in Toronto will give them a bonding opportunity.” She nods in agreement and I smile at her. “We’re a good team you and I. We understand each other perfectly.”


“Of course we do, darling. We’re cut from the same cloth.”


I go back to reading my book. Stage 1 of my plan to get Gus’s room is complete! He can’t bitch about having the smaller room since he’s going to have a massive one, no doubt, at Britin, and also most likely, with his Papa J!


BRITIN


MASTER BEDROOM


BRIAN


“Uuumff!” I moan and grab his hips to slow him down further.


“Bri...Bria...Brian!” He objects, swatting at my hands.


“You lost the bet so it’s a go slow!” I growl up at him, even though my legs and stomach muscles are shaking with the effort!


“But...but…” He whimpers with sweat dripping down his stomach.


“Yes, that’s where my thick, hard, wet cock is buried.” I grind out. “What about it?”


“Need…” He pleads.


“To go slow.” I huff out. “Y-you’re lucky, I am...am...l-letting you f-face me!”


“Ju-just a bit quicker...pr-pr-pretty please!” I shake my head firmly and hold tighter. “Unf! No! No!” He plants his palms and tries to push back on my chest, but because I’m stronger and his palms are slicker. He can’t quite get the purchase he needs.


“No cock touching!” I rebuke him and grind my hips up. Immediately, he moves his hand away.


“Begging! I’m fucking begging!” He is gripping his hair tightly on either side of his head and looks a cross between feral, frustrated and horny...and oh so fucking sexy!


“Kiss me and you can speed up!” I pant out, my muscles screaming for relief. But I won fair and square and want to collect my winnings as slowly as I can! He smashes his mouth down briefly, catching my bottom lip with his teeth, but the kiss seems to calm him down. He doesn’t speed up like I thought he would, he just rocks and clenches.


“Remember?” He whispers, looking into my eyes. For a second I frown and then smile. “Do you remember, truly?”


I wrap my arms round him and gently roll us. “Yeah, I remember…don’t do anything.” I cant my hips upwards gently.


“Oh, oh! What di-did you say?” His eyes flutter softly.


“Nothing can top this.” I whisper against his mouth. “And it never has.”


“Never?” He breathes into my mouth.


“Never...oh, oh, ah!” I tug his hair. “How is that not doing anything?!”


“You kept me still!” He pouts.


“You lost the bet...” I return, grinning down at him. “...on purpose and didn’t think I’d last!”


“Mmm...true. Please now.” He pulls me down to ravish his mouth. “Need to…”


“You don’t need to; you want to...and since you asked so nicely...” I lift one leg and wrap it round my waist and plunge sharply into him. His mouth drops open in surprise at the change in tempo and he starts to tremble. “This what you wanted or what you needed?! Tell me!”


Ohmygodohmygodohmygod…!” He babbles.


“Oh fuck, Justin! Cum now! Cum now!”


An hour later, he is still asleep. I managed to clean us both up, but am waiting for him to wake up so we can have a bath. I watch him sleep and realise something... I didn’t love him when he came back into my life. I loved him from the moment he kissed me.


THE DINER - THURSDAY MORNING


GUS


Me and Kendi are in the booth waiting for our Dad and Papa. We were at Papa's house last night at Grandmom Jen’s insistence. She said she could not face a rumpled breakfast!


“Oh my fucking god.” Kendi mutters and I look to the door. Coming in, without a care in the world, is Uncle Spitshit Michael and his Devilhound, Jenny. “What do we do?” She looks at me but, I am at a loss.


“Good morning all!” He beams at us and sits down. “Lindsay is coming in. She’s just parking. So did you enjoy the BBQ?”


“Yeah, it was all that and a bucket of shit.” Kendi retorts. “Why are you here?”


“What is that supposed…”


“Michael, Jenny, you two need to move.” Ernie comes over and glares at them.


“Why? We’ve just sat down. There’s plenty of room, Bernie.” Jenny retorts, making him laugh.


“You have to move because a grown up told you to.” I retort and she looks surprised.


“Are you still mad about that little incident?” She arches a brow and sits back. “I am not moving because…”


“Ass out of the seat now!” Ernie interrupts her and she narrows her eyes at her. “Little girl, know this, I have handled bigger and better than you and weighing twice as much. Get up and sit in the next booth! These seats are already taken.”


“Now just a minute, Bernie…” Uncle Spitshit interrupts. “You shouldn’t be talking to a little girl like that…”


“Oh that’s what she calls herself, is it?” Ernie retorts. “Okay, how about this? You two move to the next booth or I shut down the diner until you do. That will do wonders for your popularity, will it not?”


“Speaking of wonders. I wonder what the FunGirl Three are up to.” I smirk at Kendi.


“I don’t think I have ever heard a scream so loud in my life!” Kendi laughs. “I can’t wait to meet their parents. They sound so lovely.”


“Good morning all!” Mom sing-songs as she approaches the booth. “How are…”


“The diner is now closed!” Ernie booms out. “Tiny, can you flip the sign please?!”


“What’s going on? Why is it closing? I could murder a coffee!” Mom looks around.


“Because they won’t move to the next booth as requested. Now everyone is going to have to go hungry.” Ernie glares balefully at them.


“Okay…” Grandma comes out from the back, crossing off on her list. “Gus, I really don’t…” She pauses at the silence in the diner and then pinches her nose when she sees who’s sharing our booth. “Move to the next booth, you two. Myself and Jennifer are sitting there.”


“Well we weren’t told that.” Jenny objects, going red.


“You were asked to move and you should’ve done so...without question or snottiness!” Ernie bites back before signalling Tiny to flip the sign back over.


Grandmom Jen comes out from the office and sits down. And all of a sudden, Mom and Jenny are the sunshine fucking people with their big ass smiles. Kendi gives my hand a squeeze under the table.


“They are ten minutes away.” She whispers and that act of support almost has me in tears.


“Good morning, Jennifer! We didn’t know you would be here!” Mom calls out.


“Good morning Lindsay, Jennifer and Miquel. How are we this morning?”


“Fine, thank you. So what are you all doing here?”


“Waiting for our fathers, so we can eat and then go.” 


“Where are you going?” Jenny demands. “Oh, where’s Kemi?”


“Shopping and Canada.” I reply and wait.


“What are you shopping for? It’s not as if you need any more things...” Mom asks, then sighs and pats Jenny on the hand. “But your father will get you what you want…”


“What am I shopping for?! What am I fucking shopping for? You know what... fuck this!” I snap and grab my backpack then start to leave.


“Gus! You will not behave like that!” Mom snaps at me.


“And why not?! She does it all the time!” I snap back.


“Gus Marcus Peterson…”


“Lindsay!” Dad’s voice makes her jump about 20 feet in the air. “You have got to be kidding me with what you just said?!”


“Brian! Didn’t you hear how he just spoke to me?!” She shrieks.


“Yes I did, and he spoke to you like that, because you conveniently forgot that he has to get new clothes because Jenny threw up all over his old ones!”


Silence.


“Are you ready Gus, Kendi?” Dad asks. “We’ll eat elsewhere…”


“Hey Brian!” Uncle Spitshit almost creams his jeans when he sees dad. “Where have you been?!”


“Around. You ready Sonny Boy and Sunshine Jnr?”


“But Brian…” Spitshit puts his hand on his arm and I see Dad tense up. “...I need to talk to you. We have so much to catch up on.”


“Later. Come on, you two.” He shakes off his hand and puts his arm round my shoulders, pulling me close to his chest. “Jen, Debs, we will see you at home.”


“Of course, honey!” Grandma calls out.


“Brian…” Mom starts.


“Bye, Lindsay.” He leads us out without another word.


MICHAEL


“What the fu...hell happened?! I go to use the john for two seconds and WWIII breaks out.”


“Gus overreacted to something as per usual.” Jenny replies and then frowns. “Why is Kemi in Canada? Grandma!” She calls out to Ma. “Do you know why she’s in Canada?”


“Yes!” Ma calls back and goes back to speaking to Jennifer, who knows my name is Michael!

 

Jenny gets up and goes to the booth and with a nod, both Lindsay and I follow.


“I’m sorry that you had to see Gus behave like that Jennifer. I don’t know what has come over him these days.”


“What was wrong with Gus’s behaviour? From what I heard, he’s had a particularly trying time, and wanted the support of his parents, but found that lacking in some quarters. It is understandable that he would lash out. Frustration, like jealousy, is a terrible emotion. Combine the two together and you tend to get a...oh excuse me” She answers her ringing phone. “Kemi darling! How are you? How’s Canada?” We watch as she nods and smiles into the phone. “So what are you up to with the FunGirl 3? And what did they say...wonderful! That is absolutely wonderful. I shall put their names down. Yes, he can be her escort before she asks, he will be delighted! Now sweetheart you go and enjoy yourself, but, you are not allowed to skateboard...no Kemi, you have to be bruise free that’s a direct order! Your grandmother has spoken! Bye, darling.”


“What…” I begin to ask.


“Debs, we need to go!” Jennifer suddenly stands up.


“Go? Where? Why?” Ma fires questions at her.


“Go to get Emmy then to New York, because we need to get him some formal wear for the Cotillion. He’s going to be Gretchen’s escort! I think we will ask Ted to escort Wendy and Blake to take care of Sophia. Yes that would work! Actually, let’s see if we can catch up with Brian and make a proper trip out of this! Bye Miquel, bye Lindsay and Jenny!”


“You hail a cab; I’ll do the calling!” Ma shouts as they leave.


“Well so much for talking to Brian!” I grumble. “Did he seem okay to you?” I turn to Lindsay, who has a sobbing Jenny in her arms. I sit down and stroke her back. “What’s wrong?” I whisper.


“The cotillion.” She tells me as Jenny continues to weep. “Her friends are…”


“Ex-friends! My real friends would let me have this to myself!”


“I know, darling. I know.”


“They have no right to be there! And escorted as well! See Mommy? Kemi is stealing my friends now, too!”


“I think I should take her home. She’s so distraught.” Lindsay tells me and I nod.


After a few minutes of Bernie glaring at me, I decide to leave. As I walk back to the store, I start to feel really annoyed. How dare they?! He’s supposed to be my friend...my best friend! I always knew he’d put her above all others, apart from Gus. But now with fucking Kendi here and the second coming of the most infamous trick to ever walk Liberty Avenue, we are being moved to fuck knows where in the grand scheme of Brian’s life. It’s like we don’t even rank anymore! I was hurting so badly for Jenny, so very badly, but there is nothing I could do just then. But from this point on, I will do everything in my power to help, as there is no way... no way in fucking hell that he is pushing my daughter out of the action; out of their lives! No fucking way! He owes me, owes us, at least that much! And I intend to collect! I feel my phone vibrate and pull it out, it’s him again. Fuck! I have to talk to Lindsay.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thank you.