- Text Size +

CHAPTER 19 - HOME SWEET HOME...PART 2


FOX-WORTHY RESIDENCE - FRIDAY MORNING


BOXING ROOM


KEMI


He is just so cool! Uncle Earl has been telling us about how he met Aunt Abi. We’re just relaxing today. Well we were going to, until Aunt Nya came down in her exercise gear and said she was going to spar. So Dad suggested that Gus, especially, should go with her, to work out his frustrations.


I lead Uncle Earl to the side of the ring and he gets comfortable. “Okay baby, you ready?” He grins and leans across to us. “Watch this.”


“Yes, Dad.” She replies and I watch Papa get in the ring with a full body protector, headgear and gumshield.


“Put it on and everyone be quiet!” He orders and Aunt Nya pulls what I thought was a headband, but is a blindfold, over her eyes. She’s not serious?! I look across at Dad and he looks as stunned as we do. But Grandmom Jennifer puts her hand in his arm and whispers to him and he relaxes a bit.


“Okay, go...roundhouse!” Uncle Earl calls out and she kicks Papa really hard, but he barely moves. For the next twenty minutes, we watch in awe as she punches and kicks Papa under Uncle Earl’s instruction and never misses. No matter where he moves in the ring, she finds him. She may not connect hard, but she does connect.


“Okay, swap!”


“Wait what do you mean swap?” I gasp. “Papa’s not going to do that, is he?!” I look across at Dad and he looks as worried as I feel.


“Of course, he is! Who do you think taught him?”


“Aunt Nya?” I hedge.


“Yes and who do you think taught her?”


“You did?” I say and he nods.


“Taught her to box and fight safe, so she never goes through what I did.”


“Which was?” Dad asks.


“Detached retina, both eyes, left it and there you go. Always make sure you go to the doctors no matter how trivial you think the problem is, always. You hear?”


“Yes, Uncle Earl” We all chorus.


“So you boxed before and got hurt. How long ago was that?”


“Abi, how old is Nya now?”


“34, you old coot!” She shouts back, laughing.


“So that would make it 37 years ago.”


“36 actually.” Nya corrects him before putting in her gumshield. We are stunned into silence.


“Wait a second, are you saying you have never seen Nya?” Gretchen looks like she’s going to cry.


“Nope. But I know she’s a beautiful girl; she takes after her mother.”


“Oh she is beautiful and kind!” Gretchen sniffs.


“But you taught her how to box.” Aunty Emmy gasps.


“Just cos I can’t see, doesn’t mean I don’t remember how to do things. Now hush, let them spar…upper cut to the ribs!”


BRIAN


Jesus, fuck! He looks vicious and hot...so fucking hot! I shift a bit in my seat and try not to think about that one bead of sweat I can see making its way down his back or how his smell...in a very good way...is making my mouth water.


“So how long has he been boxing?” I ask Abi.


“She started to train him when they first met, so when he was 17. Obviously they stopped when he found out his was pregnant and…”


“That was how far into it?”


“Seven months. He was as flat as pancake!” Abi grouses. “What? What’s that look for?”


“He never said.” I say softly, watching his butt bounce as he lands yet another punch.


“What, Brian?” Jennifer touches my arm gently.


“He found out he was pregnant the same time as I did.” I grin. “God, he looks so hot!” I mutter.


“Aunt and Mother in earshot!” Abi teases before grinning. “They’ll be about another 15 minutes, we’ll keep the kids occupied. Nya, can give them a session or something. In the meantime…”


“Can you make it 10 minutes tops?!” I call back as I make my way upstairs and she nods.


MEL’S OFFICE - SAME TIME


MEL


I never thought I would see the day when I am happy to be at work dealing with a chauvinistic asshole, mainly because it means I can kick some fucking ass and take out some angst.


Lindsay and I seriously need to sit down and talk, alone, about Jenny’s recent attitude. Yes, she was a bit like this in Toronto, but only really when it was Kemi getting something. But now, she’s also fixating on what Gus gets. In short, she has become a bully and I am ashamed to have to finally admit that.


I think back to when she was born. There was no jealousy of her arrival by Gus; he just accepted that he had another sister and she lived with us. She basked in the attention that Gus lavished on her, but then she became aware of Kemi and her attachment to Gus. So Lindsay lavished more attention on her to make up for it. But there was nothing to make up for!


And with Lindsay being both her enabler and cheerleader, this is going to be a difficult conversation to be had! Along with what the hell she planned to do with that money she had squirrelled away. She has yet to answer that question, despite me asking twice. ‘You said you wanted to draw a line under it’ she simpered...But not without a fucking explanation, I don’t!


I am brought out of my trip down memory lane by my phone ringing and it’s an excitable, Gus.


“Slow down, I can’t understand what you are saying!” I laugh. “Right boxing and martial arts got it, blindfolded?...Why are you blindfolded? Oh she was blindfolded and Papa, oh they both did? Wow! Hmm, I’m not sure about that. I’m definitely saying no before the cotillion, a shiner does not go with a tuxedo. What do you mean what’s a shiner? It’s a black eye, you doofus! I am glad you called actual...oh, she didn’t? I see. Well that makes this conversation all the more pertinent. We need to speak with you, your Dad and Papa about where you are going to live over the summer. Oh okay, no don’t tell me now; tell us together that way there can’t be any complaining. Actually, is Nya or Jennifer able to talk to me for a minute? Thanks.” I can’t help but laugh at the fury vs pride that would be on the faces of Lindsay vs Brian if he pitched up with a black eye! “Oh hi Jennifer, look can you...ah okay, they’ve only just watched, got it. Thanks Jennifer...oh alright Jen. Bye.”


I shake my head and sigh. “Hi Lindsay, how is your day going? Oh great, Mine was going fine, have a bitch of a case to deal with. Look, I’ve got to go soon but before I do, can you let me know this evening why the fuck you didn’t call Gus when I asked you to?!”


BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S BATHROOM


BRIAN


”You are absolutely filthy! All covered in sweat and grime...what are you?”


“Ab-absolutel-lutely filth-filthy.” He pants, pressing back against my fingers but I keep moving them back. “Hot Rod...please!” He looks over his shoulder at me, his eyes glittering like the rippling sea.


“What Spitfire, what do you want?” I husk in his ear and lick his sweaty neck. “Aren’t you tired though? After all that sparring?”


“Will never be! Never too tired for this…” He groans, whirling round and dragging my head down for a soul shattering kiss. As he tongue fucks me, he pushes me back into the shower, the cold tile has me squirming. “No...never!” He growls before sliding down planting sucking kisses and nibbles on his way to...my knees! Wait my knees?! “Trust me.” He grins up at me before encouraging me to face the wall the coldness of the tile is not a good feeling! And I gasp my objection. “It will heat up.” He smirks when I look down at him.


“You know this is not quite how I…” When the warmth of his mouth connects with the back of my knee, I blink rapidly as I feel it all the way to the base of my spine. “Well I’ll be...oh!” I gasp as he does it again this time nibbling at the delicate skin.


“Told you it would be good.” He nips and sucks all the way up my thighs and I start to grind my hips. He holds me still and sucks gently on the joint between my butt cheek and thigh. I almost collapse as the pleasure ripples through me. “Spitfire, stop or I’m going to explode from this alone, w-want to be inside you.”


“Then let me in.” He purrs, mouthing the base of my spine. I move back and he slides in front of me, handing me the condom at the same time. “Told you the tiles would heat up.” He giggles and pushes me slightly back with his delicious butt. I cut off his giggles by stroking his balls. “H-hurry!” He stammers, widening his legs and reaching back to work my cock while I fumble with the condom.


“Not a good time to have butter fingers!” I grumble, but finally manage to get it open. Quickly, I sheath myself and slide into his heat. “Oh yeah!” I groan into his hair and start to move. “God, you feel so good!”


“Don’t stop!” He presses back to meet my thrusts and I grab his hands and pin them to the wall and start to move quicker. He meets every single thrust with gusto and a little squeal or gasp of pleasure.


“When?!” I demand, watching his body answer my question as the goosebumps skitter across his body and he starts to arch and thrash his head.


“Oh fiddle fuck! Fuck fiddle fuck!” He chants...then stiffens and clamps down hard and sprays the wall like a fountain.


“Jesus!” I yelp as my hips move of their own volition and I empty into the condom. Two minutes later, we are still joined but our breathing starts to slow. “I think we need to have a shower...or we can shuffle to bed and shower after a nap.”


“After hearing that, you really need to shower first! Oh, and next time, shut the door and then fuck!” Debs calls out, laughing.


He lifts his head tiredly. “Your fault.” He mutters.


“No, yours.” I groan as I withdraw. “Shouldn’t look so sexy. Now move and let me set the shower.”


MICHAEL’S APARTMENT - FRIDAY EVENING


LOUNGE


MICHAEL


For the last couple of days, I have avoided his calls but today he called the store. I tried to explain that I don’t have the money yet. I can get it, but he has to be patient. No patience and not my problem, we have a deal, stick to it or else!


I tried to call Brian, but Baby Ass answered and cut me off before I finished my sentence. When I called back, it went straight to voicemail. I was going to call Ma, but then remember that she’s with Snooty Ass too. Even if I could get the money off of her, she is going to want to know what I want $3500 for. I mean, I have the money but I am in the middle of a bidding war and want to use that as a cushion.


I look at my phone with dread as it rings, but it’s Lindsay. I put her on speaker and pick up my comic. “Hey Lindsay, how are you?”


“Not great to be honest. Jenny is being excluded again and it has hit her really hard.”


“What do you mean? Are you talking about this dance? Are they saying she can’t go?”


“Yes, it’s the dance but they’re not saying she can’t go. It’s just that her friends from the BBQ are coming and…”


“That’s good, isn’t it? It’ll be company for her.”


“Not exactly, since they are being presented. As in they are going there on the same level as Kemi and Kendi; Jenny isn’t.”


“Why not?!” I am instantly furious.


“Because she’s a guest and so am I. Now I don’t mind for myself, but Jenny deserves a chance.”


“Of course, she does!” I exclaim. “Have you tried to speak to Brian? Maybe he has some pull.”


“He’s chaperoning Gus and Justin is going to be chaperoning Hunter.”


“When are you next seeing Brian and their other father?” I demand.


“On Sunday when they are back from New York.”


“Who’s they?”


“Gus, Hunter, the Double Ks and the FunGirl 3.” She drips sarcasm.


“The Fun…”


“Her friends from Canada. They have taken quite a shine to Emmett.”


“Okay, let me know the time and location and I will be there to fight in Jenny’s corner. Actually, I am glad you called. I need to talk to you about investing in my store, primarily the collectibles.”


“Investing in them? Why on earth would I do that? I have much better things to spend my money on!”


“This is going to be quite a nest egg. And since I don’t have children, I need to leave it to someone who would appreciate it. Especially the value of the…”


“If they are so valuable, why not just sell them and get whatever money you require?” She asks and I almost choke on my cola!


“There is no if, they are valuable but they will increase in value the longer I, I mean they, are kept. Maybe you can ask Brian for money to invest in Jenny’s future. For who else would I leave it to?”


“Brian is not doing that and Mel is enforcing it.” Her voice is laced with bitterness.


“What do you mean?”


“Nothing. Never mind, let’s just say that all trust is gone at the moment and that’s thanks to the interference of Nya.”


“Nya? I don’t understand.” I frown at my phone.


“Like I said, never mind. Thank you for being Jenny’s father figure in this, since Brian seems to have abandoned his post. Look I have to go. I will see you on Sunday about one and here.”


As she hangs up, I sit back in my chair and start to read. I get so immersed that I almost hit the ceiling when my phone rings again.


“What did you forget, Lindsay?”


“I didn’t.”  A gruff voice I know all too well answers. “When will you get the money?”


“Soon Reed. Soon. You have to give me more time. You…”


“No, I don’t!” He snaps. “Get it by Monday or I tell everyone that you wanted to roofie Kinney and that you paid me to inseminate that dyke, Mel with your sperm instead of what they paid for! You’re lucky I am not charging you interest for late payment!” He snaps and hangs up.


Fuckity fuck fuck!


REED RESIDENCE


HUDSON


I look across at my brother in annoyance. Yes, I supplied the drugs to Novotny when I was tweaked out. But now that I am clean, I see it for what it could’ve been and am sickened by him and myself, and it gets worse as each year passes. He smirks as he plays with his phone.


“Oh stop being precious!” Mason snorts. “I will stop eventually! But having a ready made cash machine is so much fun! You’re lucky I ain’t tapping you for money, too. Be grateful I just got you to open the bank account.”


“Mason…” I begin for the umpteenth time on this subject. “He believes that he is the father of that child…”


He shrugs. “Not my problem, little brother! Not my fault that he didn’t have the brains to work out exactly where I worked in the clinic! But like they say, stupidity reaps its own rewards.” He gets up and puts his phone in his pocket. “I’ll see you later...going to talk to The Doc.”


As he heads out, I shake my head and sigh again. And my mind is made up...no matter what the cost is to myself, this stops! 


CAR BACK TO MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - SUNDAY MORNING


GUS


I have had an excellent time these last few days. The FunGirl 3 are just awesome, seriously awesome and so innocent! We were still downstairs when Papa went up and we heard this squeak/squeal thing and Aunt Emmy laughed. Then when Gretch asked what the noise was and you could’ve heard a pin drop. When we all looked at each other trying to figure out who should answer the question, Grandma went upstairs real quick! As for New York, normally I don’t like shopping, especially with girls, but we had a great time. Even in Kleinfeld, we took loads of pictures and have all exchanged numbers. Tobias met us over there and evened out the numbers of males. I couldn’t believe it when we went to dinner on Saturday night and Hunter was in charge. We were allowed to stay out until ten! But now, I am on my way home. And I am scared stiff about how happy some people are going to be about my decision.


LOUNGE - AN HOUR LATER


JENNY


I have been watching the drive for his arrival. When the big SUV pulls up, I am surprised. But when everyone but the FunGirl 3 pile out, I am astonished. “Mommy, why are they all here?” I call out.


“Why are all who here?” She asks as she comes to the window. “I don’t know darling, but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.”


When he gets out and looks nervous, I am pleased. I like keeping him on edge. But I am less than pleased, when Mom almost runs to the door to let him in. She never does that for me!


“Let me check you over!” She orders and I can’t understand why.


“Mel, for goodness sake…” Mommy huffs. “He just went to Alabama and New York, not Iraq and Afghanistan! Gus, did you have a good time? You don’t seem to have bought much.”


“Momma! You put the kibosh on any boxing within minutes of me suggesting it, so there are no bruises that you need worry about!” He laughs, ignoring Mommy as if she didn’t just speak.


“Hey, Mel!” Uncle Brian comes in hand-in-hand with Uncle Justin. I suppose I should call him for now, but Uncle Michael does not look happy.


“Kobosh? What’s that mean?” He asks.


“Kibosh not kobosh. It means to stop something from happening.” Kemi replies.


“So did you and my friends have a good time on your jaunt around the Deep South and East Coast?” I ask, sitting down and fixing my skirt the way I have seen Mommy do. There’s silence, so they are feeling guilty about leaving me out...good!


“Yes we did, thanks!” Kendi replies and I gasp then look at Mommy. She looks as surprised as me. “It’s amazing how much fun can be had when there is not a disturbing, vindictive bully about. Speaking of which, how were your last few days?”


I blink, quite unsure as to what to say. “I uh…”


“I can’t wait for the cotillion…”


“I am glad you brought that up, Kendi. I am a bit concerned over what I have been hearing about this presenting thing.” Uncle Michael interrupts.


“Oh this should be good. And what is that exactly?” Grandma asks.


“That Jenny is not being treated the same as Kemi, Kendi and her friends. Can someone explain why that is happening? Also, Brian can you explain to me why you have changed the way you treat her so swiftly?”


“And since when is how Jenny is being treated any of your business?! You are not her father…” Grandma demands.


“I know that! But I noticed that since Kendi…”


“It has nothing to do with Kendi, but everything to do with Jenny and her behaviour.” Aunt Jennifer cuts his staunch defence off. “She, since they returned to the USA, has done nothing but carp, whine and mouth off, constantly trying to get Gus into trouble. And her behaviour at the BBQ was the last straw for her friends. Now until you have some tangible and genetic reason to be in this conversation, I suggest you be quiet, Miquel.”


“My name is Michael!” He retorts sharply.


“And I still don’t care.” She replies, waving him away.


“Excuse me, Aunt Jennifer, but I don’t think what you said about me was…”


“Do you still want to go the cotillion?”


“Of course I do, Aunt Jennifer!” I exclaim.


“Then do not speak for the rest of the time we are here. Your Mom may say you can still attend, but at the end of the day, the final decision rests with me. Do you understand?”


I swallow hard and nod.


“Okay. So let’s just get this done.” Mom sighs. “Gus, have you made up your mind as to where you want to live?”


“Mel, as I said when you first told me about this, we are his parents and where he stays is down to us, not him. But having given it…” Mommy starts but Uncle Brian interrupts.


“Gus, Kendi and Spitfire are moving in with Kemi and me at Britin, as of tonight. We are here to get his other essential things and then leave you three to it.”


Yes! I have done it!


“So what about Jenny? She will obviously be getting a room at Britin for when she visits. That’s only fair, isn’t it?” Uncle Michael is standing up for me again.  Thank fuck someone is!


“And where do you propose to put their rooms when they visit here?” Grandma asks. What the fuck is she talking about?


“Pardon me? What you just said makes no sense. Why would they have rooms here? They don’t live here.”


“And so the same goes for Jenny.” She replies.


“But Britin…” I begin.


“Last warning!” Aunt Jennifer snaps and I go quiet...but I am seething!


“Sonny Boy…” Uncle Brian stands up. “...go with Nya and get what you need and we will see you in the car. Mel, let’s speak tomorrow when everyone who needs to know about this is listening, okay?”


“Okay, call Lindsay and I tomorrow night and we will firm up things.”


“Wait a minute! All four of you are going to be living together?” Uncle Michael exclaims. He can really be dumb sometimes.


“Math was never your strong point, was it?” Uncle Emmett snarks, rolling his eyes. “Five of them. Now come along, we have dinner to order!” He shepherds everyone out until it is just me, my Moms and Uncle Michael.


“May I speak now?” I begin and Mommy nods. “I felt really picked on by Aunt Jennifer. Yes I made a mistake at the BBQ, but have done nothing else to warrant that.”


Mom snorts. “And this is why you made the video apology...nothing else to warrant that indeed!” She stands up and goes upstairs.


It takes him a fucking hour to get his essentials and leave. I smile inside as I plan what to do with his room. Mommy has ordered pizza and Uncle Michael is staying to eat with us, although he seems really upset about something.


“Jenny, you need to collect your plate from earlier and bring it down.” Mom orders me and I sigh inside then head upstairs to my soon to be ex room. I grab the plate and am about to go back down, when I spot it. A lock. A keypad lock. On his fucking door! I rush downstairs to demand an explanation.


“Spotted the lock, I suppose.” Mom looks at me hard. “As I’ve said before, you are not getting that room nor are you getting in that room. Now sit down and eat and then you can load the dishwasher.”


“Load the...but it’s Sunday! Gus does it on…”


“Gus will do his chores at Britin; you will do all the chores here. It’s just you now, remember?” She replies and takes a bite of her pizza.


“Mommy…”


“Jenny…” Mom cuts me off. “You argued the case for him to be allowed to stay with his father. You called it a chance for them to bond...well congratulations, you win!”


As I force down my pizza I think to myself, never has the sweet taste of fucking victory tasted so fucking bitter.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks