- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Start of the cotillion...

CHAPTER 22 - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR AND WHAT YOU PAY FOR


BRITIN - SATURDAY MORNING


ROR


GUS


“Still don’t believe it. Do any of you?” I ask and they both shake their head. In fact, all of us are shaking our heads. Wendy, Sophia and Gretch are on screen at Wendy’s house. “I know I did wrong now and I promise to make it up to you.” I mimic the voice of my duplicitous, scheming sister.


“She’s definitely up to something. So let her think she’s getting what she wants.” Sophie asserts. “But be on guard, people, be on guard! Now we see her for what she is…”


“A BUB on the inside.” Wendy is still hurting about that.


“Yes, that.” Sophie gives her a one armed squeeze. “We have to be careful. Don’t say anything in front of her tomorrow, nothing. Not a thing…”


“They’ll ask about the cotillion.” Kendi pipes up from painting Kemi’s toenails.


“I am so excited about it!” Gretch bounces in her seat. “Have you finally settled on a dress, Kendi?”


“Yes, I have finally settled on the dress.” She laughs after poking her tongue out at the screen. “What time’s your flight again?”


“We’re getting the 0900 flight on Friday so get to Pittsburgh about 1100 and then dad has organised a car for us to come to Britin…”


“Oh great. So your dresses arrive with you or will they get here on Wednesday to give them time to drop and settle as my Grandmom says.”


“Wednesday, and what on earth does that mean?” Wendy looks confused.


“So the creases fall out and the material has time to relax.” Kemi replies and we all gawp at her. “I paid attention.” She sniffs in faux annoyance. “Have you been testing your shoes?”


“Don’t mention those weapons of torture to me!” Sophia grumbles. “Mom is making me wear them an hour every day, but they hurt!”


“Remember to pack some blister pads in your purse.” Kendi advises sagely and they all nod.


“I need some testosterone!” I gripe and text Hunter.


“When’s he coming?” Wendy asks, going slightly pink...for she has a bit of a crush.


“In an hour, so you won’t get to see him, but I will tell him you said hi.”


“You will not!” She blushes furiously. “I was just making conversation!”


Nobody makes conversation about a boy and goes as red as that!” I tease her and she takes the mature route and pokes her tongue out at me.


There’s a knock on the door and Dad pokes his head in. “You guys going to see about breakfast? Soleil and Jericho need their aviary cleaned out. Who’s on that?”


“That would be me.” Kemi puts her hand up quickly, earning a glare from Kendi.


“What’s the problem?” Dad frowns, coming in.


“If she cleans that means I have to feed and that is the one thing I don’t like to do…” She shudders for emphasis.


“Then don’t do it.” Sophie says, surprising everyone.


“And why wouldn’t they be fed?” I frown.


“No, feed them today, but don't clean the aviary until tomorrow. If Jenny’s for real as she says, then she can help you clean up and feed them, can’t she?” A slow smile spreads across her face.


“Oh now there’s an idea! Can we do it tomorrow instead then?” I look at Dad and he’s chuckling as he heads out, nodding.


MASTER BEDROOM


JUSTIN


“What’s amused you?” I ask as he gets back into bed.


“She looks so innocent.” He pushes me onto my back. “Just like you.”


“Who is?” I nip his chin and he grins.


“Sophia. She’s suggested that the aviary isn’t cleaned out until tomorrow.”


“And…” I prompt giving his ass a squeeze.


“Jenny can help.”


“In other words, they’re going to watch and she’s going to do.”


“Yep. Hang on.” He gets up leaving me somewhat bereft before yelling to see where they are. “Seriously! Way too much time with Nya!” He laughs and then dives back into bed.


“What was the response?” I giggle, having a rough idea.


“Downstairs. You can have at him now!” He snickers.


“Well, go to it.” I order, and he does. Twice!


MICHAEL’S STORE - AFTERNOON


MICHAEL


I try Brian again, and again it goes to voicemail! The bastard bank refused to change their mind on the line of credit. Mercifully, I haven’t heard from Reed so that’s something. I was so upset when they declined me, because it meant that I had to take my bids off the sites. Hopefully when Brian finally gets his head, and not the one attached to his neck, out of Blondie’s ass he will remember who his best friend is and help me!


I look up as the door opens and it’s Ted. “Hey, what are you doing here?”


“Wondering how you were? I understand that you had a bit of a breakdown on Thursday; I was concerned.”


“Yeah I had some bad news, but Brian will help me.”


“If it’s about this store, then no he won’t. You’ve asked him so many times already and he’s said no.”


“I just don’t understand why he won’t invest, though. This will be worth a fortune.” I gesture round the store. “Everything here will appreciate.”


“I see. But how will it appreciate? This I don’t understand.”


“The longer you keep these then the more they’re worth.” I roll my eyes, not believing he asked such a question. He’s supposed to be an accountant!


“So why not sell the ones you’ve had since childhood?”


I gawk at him. “Why? Because I don’t want to, that’s why!”


“But when you’re gone who’s going to benefit from them? It’s not as if you’re going to be buried with them, is it?” He frowns. “You’re not, are you?”


“No, of course not!” I bridle. “And someone will benefit from them, Ted. They just don’t know it yet.”


“I see. Well, how about I invest?” I stare at him in disbelief. “I’m serious. I have a tax write off I need to spend, and you have the need for an investment. It’s a win-win situation, isn’t it?” I sit down and just can’t believe my fucking luck! “Actually, let’s not call it an investment. How about a long term loan? You put up some collateral to secure it, and I give you the amount you need. How much is that, by the way?”


I do a quick tally of my bids and then add a bit more for pocket money. “$15,000.”


He doesn’t even flinch. How much does he get paid for fuck sake?!


“Okay, I would need to speak to Blake obviously, but I don’t see that being a problem…”


“Why would you need to speak to Blake? What does your money have to do with him?”


“He’s my partner, Michael. That’s what you do in a partnership you don’t have secrets.” He looks at his watch. “I think he’s on a break. Can I use your office to make the call?”


I nod and lead him in, then take a seat. “Uh, Michael, some privacy?”


“Oh! Right. I’ll be outside, then.”


“Thanks. Not that I need it, I can be very persuasive when I need to be.” He smiles as he waits for Blake to pick up. “Hey honey...hang on...Michael, this is where you leave.”


“Sorry! Wanted to see the master at work…” I quickly exit and sit by the counter to wait. I would’ve stood by the door to listen, but it’s glass and he’d see me!


TED


“Hey honey, he’s on the hook. Wants $15,000. No, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t want the store itself. Instead, I want what’s valuable to him...his toys and stock, so that’s going to be his collateral. Okay, so what’s for dinner?”


I look at the paperwork on Michael’s desk and wonder why the hell he needed Brian’s investment or mine! He’s doing really well for himself - and then I remember who I am talking about. Unless it’s on toys...collectibles my ass...he doesn’t want to spend his own money or pay back whatever he’s borrowed! Brian is still waiting, and if he thinks I’m going to be too, he’s sorely mistaken..


I listen happily to my dear Blake talk about his day, and how he’s heard from Hudson. Mason is awake and pissed to be where he is staying, not only because now Hudson has his power of attorney and he has to do as he’s told, but also because his crystal money is being used to help him get better.


“Look honey, I better go, I’ll see you tonight, drive safe.”


I quickly check that the desk is as he left it…a fucking mess...and head out to rejoin him and give him the good-well-for-me news.


“Well what did he say?” He is all eager beaver.


“It wasn’t easy but eventually he said I could…”


“That’s excellent!” He hugs me in delight and I suppress the shudder of revulsion.


“But he wants heavy collateral from you.”


“Such as?” He asks guardedly.


“This place.”


“This place?” He echoes.


“Well not the building, but the stock and all of your collectibles, payable on demand. Don’t look so horrified, it’s not as if I am ever going to collect. You’re my friend after all and friends help each other out, don’t they?”


“Yes we do, indeed.” He smiles and I accept another revolting hug.


BRITIN - SUNDAY MID-MORNING


THE AVIARY


JENNY


“Oh they are gorgeous!” I coo. “Which is which again?”


“Soleil on the left and the other one is Jericho.” Gus replies. “Right, let’s get it done then.”


“I would love to help, but I said I would help Aunt Nya” I try to hide my smirk as I told Aunt Nya I was going to help them. But once indoors, I shall sneak upstairs to their living room.


“Okay, well go and help her then. Kemi, Kendi come do your thing! Can you move that broom before you go please, Jenny?”


I look at the crap covered thing in disgust. There is no way I am touching that!


“Excuse us, Jenny. You’re in the way.” Kemi says and I am sure there was an edge to her voice. I move just a little closer as she comes out carrying out Soleil.


“Can’t I carry her?” I ask, reaching for her.


“No. Don’t do that!” She declares and I just about get my fingers away from the snapping beak. “Did she get you?”


“No, but she could have!” I gasp at the slightly sickening sound the snap of her beak made. “I don’t think you should have such a dangerous pet.”


“She’s not dangerous.” Kemi defends her, stroking her chest and I back away from her flapping wings as an added touch. “You startled her by reaching for her like that. She isn’t used to you. If someone came at you like that, the first thing you’d do is defend yourself, wouldn’t you?”


“I still don’t think you should have them, and I don’t want to be around them anymore.”


“I should imagine she feels the same way.” Gus snickers and I have to bite my tongue. “Look, go inside, Jenny and help Aunt Nya like you said you were going to.”


I turn heel and skip back to the house. Listening carefully, I can hear Aunt Nya in the kitchen. Smiling, I creep upstairs and sigh in relief as I make it to their living room.


“What to watch?” I say to myself as I open the door and come to an astonished halt. “What are you doing here?”


“I could ask you the same thing.” Aunt Jennifer stares at me. “Last I heard was that you were helping Nya.”


“I-I was but she said she didn’t need any help and the owls almost attacked me and so…”


“Go back downstairs dear and help Nya; I’m sure she can find something for you to do.”


“But…”


“Unless of course you would rather stay up here…”


“Yes, I would rather stay up here.” I smile at her. “Getting to know about the cotillion and the like. Were you presented?”


“Me? Yes I was, through my family connections.”


“I see. Did you hear that I apologised to everyone?” I put on the sorrowful face again.


“Yes I heard. I’m glad you did. It shows maturity, admitting one’s mistakes.”


“Jennifer! Jennifer where are you?” I hear Uncle Emmett calling out and I frown. I thought it was just us today.


“In RoR!” She calls back surprisingly loudly for someone who champions politeness.


“Hello, darling! Oh hello, Jenny.” He barely looks at me. “We have une petite crise....Seems that they have sent the wrong trousers for Blake and it doesn’t look like he can change them in time, as well as the other problem. Can you come and have a look?”


“Of course, Emmy. Why don’t you come with us, Jenny. You strike me a fashion maven, perhaps you could lend a hand?.”


“Oh yes please, I’d love that!” I declare and smirk inside at the thought of them cleaning out that horrible aviary and follow them downstairs.


LOUNGE


JENNIFER


“Mel, Jenny has kindly offered to help. Isn’t that nice of her?”


“Uh yeah. You sure you want to do that, Jenny?” Mel asks, trying not to look completely flummoxed.


“Yes, Mom. I would do anything for the cotillion,” she tells her.


“Right let’s get started, then. Here you go, Jenny. You take these…” I hand over a pile of papers, envelopes and cards and she frowns. “The name cards for the dinner. We need to check them against who is coming and make sure they’re spelt correctly and then check the seating plan. Lindsay will be back in a minute…”


“Hi Grandmom, we’re…” Kendi comes in.


“No need, darlings. Jenny has kindly volunteered. Have you finished your other chores?”


“Yes, all done, and Aunt Nya has shooed us out of the kitchen!”


“Then the time is yours to do what you want. Do you know what time lunch is going to be?”


“She said about three, so in about four or so hours. You know how long that takes to cook.” Kendi licks her lips.


“What are we having for dinner that takes that long?” Jenny demands before plastering a smile on her face to take the edge off that tone.


“Beef stew. It’s a tough cut, so it takes time.”


“Oh we should be finished by then, as long as we get our heads down and crack on. This is the only mean thing about the cotillion, all the prep you have to do beforehand. You guys go, we’ll be fine here.”


She looks at the pile in front of her and two hours later, her hands have papercuts and she is bored out of her little mind, but her Mom, Mommy and I have been twittering, billing and fucking cooing over this...judging by the expressions flickering across her face.


“Can I go now?” She asks, having checked off the last name on the page.


“You’ve done both sides? Wow, you are fast!” I exclaim.


“Both?” She echos and turn over the pages with a sigh as she sits back down again.


There you go Little Missy, sit your conniving ass right back down!


ROR - AT THE SAME TIME


KEMI


I snicker at the text that Grandmom Jennifer sent me. “She’s almost bored to tears!”


“Who is?” Kendi looks up from the screen while easily kicking Gus’s ass.


“Jenny. Soleil was so traumatised, I had to give her an extra mouse!”


“Did you have to do that cotillion admin stuff?” Gus sighs as yet again, he runs into a wall.


“Nope. It’s already been done.” Kendi smirks as he folds his arms and pouts.


“Then what are they doing?” I frown at her.


“Well, she’s checking the list for last year, and the others are checking the menus and stuff.”


“Last year? Why the hell is she doing that? What’s the point?” Gus asks.


“The point is to teach her not to try and get out of chores. If she had done the aviary and didn’t try to sneak in here, then she wouldn’t have been punished without knowing. I checked with Aunt Nya that she was going to be helping her and she said no and to leave it with her.”


“See, she’s not changed one bit.” Gus huffs in disappointment as again he runs into the wall...from the starting gate.


“Well, we knew that!” Kendi gives him a dig in ribs and nods to the screen. “Want some pointers, so you can at least win one game?”


He pauses before nodding in resignation. “Where am I going wrong?”


“You mean apart from playing me?” She laughs and that raises a smile.


DINING ROOM - TWO HOURS LATER


JENNY


That has to be the most boring almost four hours of my life! Uncle Michael is here, and although he’s an idiot, he’s always on my side.


“Jenny, what happened to your hands?” Uncle Michael asks.


“Paper cuts from helping with the cotillion admin.” I sigh dramatically. “I hope they are going to be healed by Friday…”


“Aren’t you going to be wearing gloves?” Uncle Blake asks and I nod.


“That should keep the horrendous scars covered.” Gus snickers.


“Gus, you should apologise. Show some maturity for a change.” Mommy rebukes him and I smile on the inside. “What have you done for the cotillion? At least, Jenny has contributed.”


“And that contribution deserves to be recognised.” Aunt Jennifer interjects before I get my apology, but is beaming at me. “We have a space and you, Jenny, are to be presented.”


“Are you serious?!” I squeal all thoughts of Gus’s apology forgotten. “You really mean it?!”


“Yes, I have taken into consideration your behaviour over this last week and my decision is made. You will, of course, need an escort.” I look around the table and Gus and the Double Ks are all just staring at her in shock. “So who are you going to ask?”


“Can’t I bring my Mom as my escort?” I am bouncing in my seat with excitement and smugness. Got one over the snotty battleaxe.


“No, the escort has to be male. What about your Uncle Michael?” The inside of my world crumbles. “Yes, I think that Uncle Michael would be the perfect escort for you. What do you say, Michael?”


“It would be my pleasure to escort her. So what do I do?


“Well not much at the moment. But…”


“I have to get my suit dry cleaned, I guess! Jenny, this is going to be great!”


“Uh…no you cannot wear a mere suit.” Aunt Jennifer sniffs. “You have to wear a tuxedo, a properly fitted one as well. You would need to get that tomorrow. Emmy, can you help him with that?”


“Oh, it will be my absolute pleasure.” He replies, smiling at Aunt Jennifer.


“So, what time should we get here on Friday?” Mommy asks.


“What do you mean? The cotillion is on Saturday, so why are you coming here on Friday?” Uncle Brian asks.


“Well, Sophie, Wendy and Gretchen are going to be here on Friday, so why wouldn't Jenny come as well?” Is, to my mind, her logical answer.


“Because they are flying in from Canada. Jenny is up the road, she can come on Saturday around lunchtime.” Uncle Justin replies before clearing his throat. “He’s escorting, in answer to your earlier sniping question, and he’s not apologising either.”


“Pardon? What are you talking about?” Mommy frowns.


“Gus is not apologising for a little joke after all the ones that Jenny has had at his expense, and both he and Hunter are escorting two young ladies and have been getting to know the etiquette of that...”


“Oh I didn’t…”


“Ask in a nice way, we noticed.” Uncle Brian drawls, and before Mommy can say anything further the door opens and Aunt Nya comes in with lunch. “Let’s eat, shall we?”


BRITIN - FRIDAY AFTERNOON


HALLWAY


GUS


I still can’t believe she is being presented! Aunt Nya didn’t say anything when we told her, and that was a bit of a surprise. The FunGirl 3 are as shocked as we are but it’s Grandmom Jennifer’s final decision, so we have accepted it. At least, she’s not here overnight tonight. Dad and Papa refused to budge on that point. The boys are getting ready at Papa’s house and the girls are getting ready here.


Auntie Emmy didn’t tell us anything about the shopping trip with him, only to say it was very successful.


“Come on, Sonny Boy!” Dad calls from the door and I grab my case and head to the bottom of the stairs.


“Be good, girls! See you tomorrow!” I snicker as I don’t get a response.


MICHAEL’S STORE


MICHAEL


The money from Ted has arrived! I have put the bids back in and two have been accepted. I can’t wait to escort my daughter at this cotillion thing tomorrow! I hum happily to myself when my phone rings and then I freeze. I send Reed to voicemail and wait for the message to come through.


“Novotny. You need to pay up again, I’ve run out of pocket change. $3700 by the end of the day or I sing like the proverbial canary! Oh, and I have a new bank account to send it to. Call me and I’ll give you the details.”


“Fuck, fuck and double fuck!” I curse and log onto my personal account and then gape at the screen. “Not a-fucking-gain!” I shout as the line of credit on my personal account is also different! I quickly check my inbox and can’t see anything from them like the last time. I get on the phone. “Yes, this is Michael Novotny. I demand to speak to someone about the line of credit on my personal account, which has been reduced! Let me put you on speaker!” I yell and flip the sign on the door and lock the door.


“Mr Novotny, this is Denise. What appears to the problem?”


“The problem, Denise, is that you have reduced my line of credit without telling me!”


“We can’t do that, Mr Novotny. The customer has sole control of the amount of the line of credit they want and only they can reduce it.”


“WHAT?!” I explode.


“This was reduced by yourself via the online facility.”


“No, that’s impossible! I never did anything of the sort!”


“Does anybody else have access to your account, Mr Novotny?”


“NO!” I scream at her.


“Then how was the line of credit reduced, if not by you?”


“It has to have been hacked!” I declare.


“Then surely they would’ve cleared your account, not reduced your line of credit. It doesn’t make sense for that to be the only action on the account. Well that, and the transfer payment.”


“I remember the payment definitely but not…”


“So you were in your account on that day?”


“Yes! But I don’t remember reducing my line of credit. It makes no sense!”


“Well, Mr Novotny, you’ve admitted -  and we’ve got this call recorded - that you are the only one with access to your account. You’ve admitted there was activity on this account by you on the particular day. The line of credit was reduced within an hour of the previous transaction, therefore, the logical conclusion is that you reduced it by mistake.”


“Yes, yes that must be it. Can I increase it back again?”


“Not without applying for a new line of credit. However, you’ve had a cash injection of $15,000, so what would you need the $5000 line of credit for? It is adding an unnecessary burden, but if you wish to re-apply for it then I shall process the application for you.”


“No, don’t bother.” I sigh, knowing what the answer will most likely be. “Thanks for nothing!” I snap and hang up. “Might as well get this over and fucking done with!” I call Reed back and my pocket money has disappeared. And once again, I have to take my fucking bids back!


SATURDAY EARLY AFTERNOON


BRITIN


SPARE ROOM


LINDSAY


We are perfectly made up and I have allowed Jenny to have a glass of champagne as she gets ready. We are keeping that to ourselves.


“Oh Mommy, it’s so exciting!” She squeals.


“I know darling, but calm yourself. You need to be poised and calm.”


“I can’t wait to show them our dresses. They are most probably so much better than theirs.”


“Of course they are, darling. We have exceptional taste, after all!” I laugh.


“Lindsay, Jenny, it’s time for the dresses to be put on!” Jennifer calls through the door. “Meet me in RoR in five minutes please, we have a strict timetable.”


“Come on, Mommy! Come on!” She pulls me out of the room and we both sigh at the sight of the Kleinfeld bags.


“I love the shoes, and the accessories are simple but elegant.” Jennifer nods approvingly. “So, Lindsay, I think you should put your dress on first and then help Jenny. I nod my agreement, whilst admiring her beautiful blue dress.


“Mommy, get your robe off so that Aunt Jennifer can help you! Then you can help me!”


I chuckle at her excitement and turn my back on them to remove my robe.


“Lindsay, what exactly are you doing?” She demands coldly.


“Taking my robe off so…” I look over my shoulder confused by her change in tone.


“I don’t mean that! I mean this! What is the meaning of this?” She demands.


I turn around fully and look over her shoulder and my eyes bulge out of my head!


“What on earth is that?!” I exclaim.


“You ordered this when I told you the colours?!”


“Jennifer, I can assure you this is not the dress I ordered!”


“Does that mean you can’t come, Mommy? That’s a shame.”


“She can still attend but will stick out like a sore thumb! Didn’t you check the dresses before you brought them over?”


“It’s Kleinfeld, so you expect them to get it right!” I say weakly.


“Mommy, you’re not going to go in that, surely? It’s so drab! It will be so embarrassing for me! You can’t go!” I stare at Jenny in disbelief. “Please Mommy, for my sake, stay at home!”



“Jenny, as Aunt Jennifer said, I can still go but an excuse will have to be made for my dress choice!” I tell her sharply.


Both of your dress choices. To get one dress wrong is a mistake, but to get two wrong smacks of attention seeking behaviour!” Jennifer all but snarls as she opens the dress bag for Jenny.


“Oh my God!!” Jenny shrieks. “Mommy, what have you done?!”


“I haven’t done anything Jenny and don’t speak to me like that! I have told you about that tone before!”


“What the hell is all the racket in…” Mel pokes her head round Kemi’s door where she is getting her dressed. “Why is that dress orange, correction why are both dresses orange?”


“Kleinfeld made a mistake.” I growl out. “Jennifer...surely you have a dress that I could borrow and maybe Kemi or Kendi has one for Jenny.”


Jennifer just blinks at me. “First! That is not the correct way to ask to borrow one of my gowns. Secondly, we are nowhere near the same size...I am smaller, and thirdly, even if we were, I couldn’t get it to you as they are all in storage as are Kendi’s.”


“Then maybe I can borrow one from Kemi?” Jenny looks hopeful.


“This is her first cotillion. She has one dress, which she is going to be wearing. No, if you want to attend you will have to attend in those, both of you.”


“Aunt Mel! Is everything okay in…” Kemi calls out and then comes in and gawps and then bellows. “Guys, we have a problem!”


“What is wrong now? You have to wear the gloves; it’s part of the…” Kendi yells as she opens her bedroom door. “Oh holy fucking hell! What is that monstrosity?!”



“So what’s it going to be?” Jennifer demands. “Are you two staying here or wearing those? A decision has to be made quickly!”


Jenny looks at the dress and then at me. “We can pull this off. I am not missing be presented for anything!”


“Lindsay, just one more question…” Mel is looking at a piece of paper. “...what does ‘dog of the day dresses for a person with mongrel manners and her pup’ mean?”


“I don’t know and can find out tomorrow. We need to get dressed now! But trust me Kleinfeld are in so much trouble!” I seethe. “Right Jenny, like you said, we can pull this off. We’re Petersons, so let’s go...it’s not as if anything else can go wrong, is it?”


“No Mommy, nothing else is going to go wrong!” Jenny declares. “Us Peterson women can rise above any situation!”


KEMI’S ROOM


MEL


“If I could pick anyone in the world after Aunt Nya to be my Mom, it would be you.” Kemi tells me. “Some people don’t know their luck.”


“Thanks, sweetheart, but you didn’t have to say that.”


“Yes I did.” She tells me firmly. “Now Dad has sent something for you. Aunt Nya has hers already from Papa; I suspect you are going to react the same way.”


I take the box from her and open it and then swiftly close it again. “Are they…?” I gasp.


“Yep. So take those off and put those on. Non-negotiable.” She grins at me. “You know you want to...and you know you want to tell her who gave them to you, especially after that dismissive remark.”


“Kemi!” I gasp at the malicious gleam in her eye.


“Oh, come on! She’d be swanning about, flicking her hair about or even putting it in a chignon to show them off!”


I giggle and while I do one ear she does the other and the diamond earrings are in.


“Oh by the way, Kendi and I got a pair each and Gus got his ear pierced especially so he could wear his...”


“Kemi, you’re a credit to him, you know that? He’s so fucking proud of you every day. They both are of all of you three.”


“And right there is why you have diamond earrings and the Peterson women, don’t! Now come on, I have this to get into…” She looks at the dress in dismay.


“You do and you’re still wearing the gloves!”


“Oh man!” She gripes and I love her just a little bit more.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thank you