- Text Size +

CHAPTER 27 - CONSPIRING WITCHES - AKA SEX, LIES AND ALIBIS


HILTON HOTEL, CHICAGO - WEDNESDAY MID-MORNING


MEL AND JENNY’S SUITE


LINDSAY


She looks exhausted! This is not the time to tell her that though. I watch her fly around the room trying to get dressed and not rip a beseeching Jenny’s head off. They haven’t heard me open the door, so I observe quietly.


“Mom, you know that she lied, she’s lied before. Why are you forgiving her but not me?”


Who and what is she talking about?!


“Jenny, be quiet! Until your Momma gets here, this is not being discussed!”


“But that’s not till Friday! She was supposed to come earlier but has changed her mind. Besides she’s only going to deny it. I know right now you don’t believe me because of this punishment, but she did tell me about the money like I said she would, but she called it our runaway money.


Oh hell the fuck no!


“So she was or is planning on leaving me, is that what she’s doing?”


“I don’t know.” She sighs and looks at Mel just as she turns her back to her and smirks. “Why do you think I have been acting out so much? Keeping that secret is hard!”


“So you decide to take that out on everyone else for years, have you? Why didn’t you tell me when we had our honest discussion? Remember when you told me everything from your point of view?”


“To be honest it’s because Mommy was giving me what I wanted and…”


“But now she’s not. So now that you’ve suddenly had an attack of consciousness, you decide to come clean?”


“Yes!” She squeezes out a tear..and goodness me, now I notice it! She’s an ugly crier as well as an ugly person! “And the way she reacted when she made me pack, I don’t know what I would’ve done if you hadn’t come in.”


Oooh you fucking little witch, you are going to pay!


“Now you know she wouldn’t…”


“She’s threatened to spank me a few times! She’s never done that before!” Her voice is like Michael’s at full whine!


Mel pauses in her getting ready and then turns back to her. “Yeah, come to think about it she’s never done that before. And the expression on her face, when she was standing over you…” She sighs and rolls her neck. “You are absolutely sure about this? This is not something you are lying about because if it is, I…”


“Momma, I wouldn’t lie about this!” She cries and bursts into full tears.


“Alright, alright, don’t cry. Go and get cleaned up and then we’ll head downstairs. I can’t believe she’s done this!”


“Okay, Mom.” She sniffs and heads to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.


MEL


“I am praying on the souls of all my ancestors that for once, she is lying. Please let Jenny be being a lying little madam! I couldn’t bear it if I lose Lindsay...zi iz meyn yeder!


LINDSAY


I take in the distraught picture of Mel and feel sick to my stomach. She loves me. She really loves me and I’ve been...well, me. I watch her steady herself and go the bedroom and take that opportunity to slip out and make my way back to the lifts and reception. Twenty minutes later, I have secured a room and take stock of what I saw and heard. An hour later, I know what to do and how.


MEL’S BATHROOM


JENNY


Oh, I did enjoy that! Mommy Dearest has pushed me too far by following through with this crappy punishment. She’s putting Mom above me? Oh, I think not! Her having me end up here, comparing me to Kemi of all fucking people! I am ten times better than that BUB! She thinks she’s got the better of me, oh no she hasn’t. Mom doubts her and that’s a start! Now for the next stage of my plan, which starts on Friday, do to Momma what I just did to Mom...soon they will be at each other’s throats and with Gus gone for the summer, I will be the glue that holds the family together!


I check my face and it’s not looking blotchy enough so after a few quick pinches round the eyes...like she said she taught me well...I go to meet Mom.


MEL


She comes out, still looking tearful. “When does Mommy, I mean Momma get here on Friday?”


“Nine. It’s a shame she couldn’t make it today, but Sidney insisted.”


“Of course he did, Mom. Of course, he did. That’s what I admire about you, your bravery, because you are being so brave.” She gives my arm a squeeze.



KINNETIC - THURSDAY EVENING


RECEPTION


BRIAN


“Ouch!” Justin grumbles as he bangs his knee against the desk. “Brian…” He groans and much to my surprise, wheels backwards and then peers at me. “This is not going to work. My knees are going to be covered in bruises and I will most probably end up smacking you in the face!”


“Good point!” I realise and crawl out from under the desk. “So where do you suggest I give you your I’m very pleased you dropped by present?” I leer at him.


“Against the door. Over the desk. Anywhere, but can we hurry now?!” He begs.


“You know what over the desk, it is! Seriously, what is the matter with you? Not that I’m complaining, but you have been like the energizer bunny…” I laugh as he quickly lies down on top of her things with a devilish smirk. That changes to slightly frustrated when I slowly peel down his pants and lower my mouth to his straining cock.


“Less talking, more sucking and licking!” He groans, tangling his hands in my hair.


JUSTIN


I decided to surprise him by taking him out for dinner and found reception empty. With him coming out of the conference room and looking edible, I pounced on him. Once he’s been thoroughly kissed hello, I looked at the shiny new reception desk and suggested we christen it. Normally this would not be the done thing, but the temporary receptionist takes great pleasure in making me wait despite knowing full well who I am to Brian. I usually don’t let it get to me too much, but this last time, she was starting to remind me of Michael in her imperious tone. “Mr Kinney is in a meeting Mr...sorry oh yes, Taylor. I can take a message for you?


“Y-you know the rec-receptionist...oh yes…!”


“Mmm hmmm.” He mumbles.


“She’s...ah-ah-ah! Be-being...Oh fuck it!” I squeal as he takes a particularly good stab down my slit. All thoughts of bitchy receptionists disappear as his hands slide between my thighs to push them wider and then one hand concentrates on my balls and the other on my twitching hole. “Mmm! Ah! Oh!” I shout and squirm on the desk, messing up her carefully ordered papers.


“Oh fuck!” I bellow as his head and hands move faster and faster and then he stops...just stops everything and stares at me. “What?” I pant trying to get him to move again, but he just shakes his head and then slowly starts to suck back down. As he envelops me in the heat of his mouth, his fingers find my prostate and start to stroke very gently. Teasing soft touches that have me bucking with each one. I feel my eyes starting to cross as the pleasure builds up. “You’re going to...holy fucking fuck fuck!” I scream as I start to explode, but suddenly he rings my cock and stops me cold. “BRIAN!” I wail in frustration and he laughs before giving me one more lick and press and that’s it!


“Oh JUSTIN!” He shouts and I hear banging as he trembles against me with his head on my stomach.


“Are you okay?! What the fuck was that?!” I gasp as that was too loud for it to be his knees.


“I have no idea, but that was fantastic!” He looks up at me with some spunk, dripping from his chin.


“Come up here.” I moan. “Want to taste me on you.”


“With pleasure.” He growls. Ten minutes later, we peel ourselves apart and slowly get up. “We need to shower and maybe tidy?” He giggles.


“Shower yes and as for tidying...not so much.” I declare and then look down at the side of the desk. “Oh that must have been it, her files fell off the desk. Shame.”


“Dreadful, dreadful shame.” He chuckles as we wobble to the en suite.


ROUND THE CORNER FROM KINNETIC


MICHAEL


If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed it! Brian, my best friend and the reigning and will never be dethroned Stud of Liberty Avenue, was behaving like some fucking desperate whore! How he has changed since that asshole came back into his life! My mind's made up... this plan is going to happen! Admittedly, I changed my mind when I watched Dirty Harry again and he looked a real mess, but the pain will be worth it with him fucking gone!


“Reed, it’s me again. No, I’m serious this time. Let’s get this set up and the sooner the better! Call me back when you have a time and place. There could be something extra in it for you, too!”


As I head back to my car, I wish I hadn’t stopped in the diner because then I would’ve been here before now and most likely, as I had planned, would’ve gotten Brian alone. But yet again, he got in my way!


I rest my head against the seat. As I try to collect my thoughts, my phone rings and it’s Reed. “Well?!” I bark. “Two weeks, two fucking weeks! Why so long?!” I sigh crossly and ball my fist in fury. “Okay, fine two weeks, it is. And he’s the best, right? Thanks, I guess.”


HILTON HOTEL, CHICAGO - FRIDAY AFTERNOON


MEL AND JENNY’S SUITE


JENNY


Momma has arrived and stage 2 of my plan is about to commence. I wait for her to arrive and the moment she comes through the door, I fling myself sobbing into her arms.


“Mommy, oh Mommy! I c-can’t be-believe it!”


“What?! What’s happened? Is it your Mom?! What's happened to her?!”


“I over-overheard her t-talking and she’s g-going to leave you because of the-the affair she’s having!”


“Jenny, slow down and breathe. Now you say she’s leaving me because of the affair? What affair? When did you hear this?” I lead her back to the sofa and sit her down.


“Yesterday.” She takes a big breath. “At the conference, she was talking very closely to another woman and I mean very closely. Momma, she’s been...cheating on you and…”


“Really?” She frowns as my ice cold tones interrupts her. “I thought I was leaving her with the money I kept. You know, our runaway money? I believe that is what you said it was called.”


The door opens to reveal a tired looking, Mel. “Lindsay, when did you get here?!”


“In here about 5 minutes ago. But before we come onto that, what does zi iz meyn yeder mean?”


“Where did you hear that? It means she is my everything.”


“I heard it on Wednesday.”


“Wednesday? But where did you hear that?”


“Here. In this very room, right after you sent Jenny to get cleaned up after she told you of my past and maybe future plans to leave you.”


MEL


“And now she’s just told me that you are having an affair and planning to leave me. Though after the way I have behaved, I wouldn’t blame you.” Lindsay continues.


“Have come close a couple of times.” I admit and her face falls. “What did you expect? I mean, if you are being honest with yourself?”


“Why didn’t you?” She asks quietly.


“Because you are my everything! I put you above all others and…”


“I will do the same from now on.” Her voice gentle and tender. “Now, let me handle this.” She tells me and I just nod. She then turns to a dumbstruck, or most likely a mute with terror in the face of her calmness, Jenny. “What exactly did you hope to achieve by these heinous lies?”


“I…” She begins.


“Are beyond control and need help. And help you will get. You will be leaving at the end of the summer. I will not have you try and decimate our marriage simply because you were grounded.”


“Where is she going?” I sit behind Lindsay then take her hand and she squeezes mine.


“It’s not confirmed yet because I wanted to talk to you first, but I think it is for the best. We can’t keep doing this, can we? No matter what we do to punish her, she just comes back worse.”


“Then stop punishing me, then!” Jenny interjects and crosses her arms.


“So your solution to our problem is to allow you to do what you want, is it? Does she remind you of anyone?”


“Sadly, yes.” I laugh bitterly at the irony of us almost asking him then changing our minds at the last minute, only for her to become like him anyway!


“We’ll discuss this properly when we get back home, okay?” She leans back against me with a tired smile. “But your mind's made up, isn’t it?”


“You need to do something awesome to convince me otherwise.” She replies.


“What about me? Don’t I get a say?!”Jenny demands, glaring at us.


“No. No, you don’t.” I retort and then look down at Lindsay. I can see how beat down and hurt she is and a part of me is glad as now knows how Gus and I felt sometimes. “How much did you hear?” I gasp.


“All of it. I heard all of it.”


“Why didn’t you say something then?”


“Like I said before, I taught her well. I wanted to see what she would do once she had me alone. And she tried to do that.”


“I am sitting right here, you know!” Jenny huffs angrily.


“When you should be in your room packing? Yes, we know. Mel, please can you help her? I just can’t bear to be in her presence.”


“Your heard your Momma, go and pack.”


“She’s not my Momma anymore!” She spits. “My Momma would never do this to me, whatever it is!”


BRITIN - THURSDAY EVENING


JUSTIN


I yawn hugely as we watch TV and Brian pulls the cover up a bit more. "You okay?” I nod as the way he is massaging the back of my neck is so relaxing.


“Had a busy day. Nya is back in Birmingham...”


“Everything okay with her folks?” I smile as he really likes Abi and Earl.


“A slight family drama.” I yawn again and this time, he frowns. “Oh, nothing to do with them. Her cousin, who is also a boxer, fractured his hand and she’s helping with his kids until his wife gets back.”


“Come on. Let’s go up since you can barely keep your eyes open.”


“No, you want to watch this.” I point at the TV.


“I’m recording it. You are dead on your feet.”


I let him lead me upstairs and instead of the shower, he puts me straight in bed and I am sound asleep in minutes.


MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - FRIDAY EVENING


LOUNGE


JENNY


I haven’t spoken to Momma since we got back from Chicago. I thought she would be trying to speak to me to get my forgiveness, but she’s not. But she will eventually; she always caves in the end. But whatever it is they were going to do with me, clearly isn’t going to happen because they’ve not spoken about it at all. She has been paying more attention to Mom than me. But again, she will get bored of her and come crawling back to me when she does.


“Mom!” I emphasise her name as I call her. “Are we going to Britin this weekend?”


“No. Well yes, we are going there to see Gus, but you are staying here.”


“What? What do you mean I am staying here?”


“You are grounded, remember? So Ernie is going to babysit you until we get back. She’s got your assignments and will bring them with her.” I stare at her in disbelief. “Math, English and ironically, English literature…”


“Wait, why the hell is Bernie coming here?!” I demand.


“Because Ernie is a teacher. She’s who has been giving me your assignments.” Mom smiles at me and Momma giggles. “She’s graded your last few assignments. You’re not trying hard enough. So you will have tests on Sunday. So here is what you will be tested on.”


“You have got to be kidding?!” I say weakly, looking at my grades.


“No. We are not.” Mom replies.


“Mel, speaking of schools... Brian wants me to talk to you about the one for Gus. Because the girls can’t get into the same one as him since they don’t have room, Brian wants to pull him out and put him into the Pittsburgh Progressive Academy, where the girls were already temporarily registered. You should see this place. They have field trips, travel clubs and the like.”


Girls? She said girls, which means that I will be going too! Yes! I can’t wait to rub that in the faces of the fucking non-FunGirl 3!


“This looks expensive.”


“If you’re in agreement, he will pay for the school fees and we do the rest.”


Mom sits back for a while. “How much is it and what is the rest?”


“Per semester for all activities, thank goodness there is no uniform, it’s about $5,000.”


“Fuck.” She whistles. “Is it that good?”


“Worth every penny, according to a member of its alumni. Jennifer went there. As did Justin.”


“Okay, sold! Thankfully, he’s only got four years of it left. I can dip into the fund. So we’re dropping $40K on him to have fun after school. He had better not miss one!” Mom laughs.


“Can I see the brochure, Mom? I can’t wait to go; it sounds fantastic!”


“Go? Go where?” She asks.


“Pittsburgh Progressive Academy, where’d you think?! Just think of all the society connections I will make, the new friends I will be able to influence, the…”


“You’re not going.” The bitch, formerly known to me as Momma, interrupts my daydreaming.


“What do you mean I am not going? Mom, what is she talking about?”


“You are going to the Pittsburgh Preparatory Military...”


“The what?!”


“Pittsburgh Preparatory Military Boarding School for Girls. You will board there during the week and come home at the weekend, if and only if, you have earned the educational and disciplinary credits to do so.”


“What the hell are you talking about?!” I shriek. Mom just rolls her eyes so Lindsay answers me instead.


“Like I said in Chicago, we can’t do this anymore. So we’re putting you in the hands of an organization that can and will. I would suggest you start making nice from Sunday...you wouldn’t want to piss off your headmaster before you even get there. And before you even think of making problems for Ernie, they already know what he does on his time off. So that door is closed to you, much like the door of the Pittsburgh Progressive Academy.”


“Momma, you’re not serious?!”


“Deadly. Serious.” She retorts.


ALLEGHANY HOSPITAL - FRIDAY EVENING A WEEK LATER


ER


TRIAGE NURSE


I look at this assault victim and frown. Something is not quite right. I call it in and then get him admitted.


ALLEGHANY HOSPITAL - THREE DAYS LATER


MICHAEL’S ROOM


MICHAEL


I am in absolute agony! Even though I took something before the session, it still hurts like fuck! I think he broke some ribs, but he did minimal damage to my face. I open my eyes and the first thing I see is Ma.


“Michael!” She cries and takes my hand and I hiss with pain as she crushes my fingers.


“Ma, hurting!” I groan.


“What happened?!” She demands lessening her grip on my hand only a bit.


“Ma let go of my hand, you’re hurting me, and I’m in enough pain!” She lets go. “As for what happened, I was attacked.” I sniffle. “Ma...Justin attacked me. He did this.”


Silence.


“When was this?”


“Whenever I was brought in.” The door opens and a nurse comes in. “She can most likely tell you.”


“How can I help you, ma’am?”


“When was he admitted?”


“Friday, just gone. Okay Mr Novotny, do you think you can sit up?” I nod slowly and without Ma’s assistance, I sit up. “Your pain pills.” I take them and lean back against the pillows, wincing.


“Ma, you have to call the police.”


“About what?” She asks.


“Justin attacked me!” I look around the room and it is only her here. “Where is everyone else?”  


“Britin. So you’ve got broken ribs, a broken wrist, severe bruising and Jesus, he did a number on you!” She whistles as she reads my notes.


“Yes, he did. You need to tell Brian and call the police. Lord knows what he will do with the girls.”


“Who?”


“Justin.” I almost scream in frustration.


“Justin didn’t do this to you.” She replies, still reading my notes.


“What do you mean? He is the only person that could’ve…”


“Justin’s pregnant. He found out on Thursday and made the announcement at Britin on Friday evening, at the special dinner that he and Nya cooked for us all.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.