- Text Size +

CHAPTER 40 - HIS CONTINUED SCHEMING AND HER OLD HABITS DYING HARD


TAYLOR RESIDENCE, FOX CHAPEL - THREE WEEKS LATER


MASTER BEDROOM, BALCONY - FRIDAY EVENING


JUSTIN


I rub Beam and make my way to Brian with a glass of Beam and sit opposite him. I raise an eyebrow and wait for him to concede that I was right. He takes it without a word but does look rueful. “You want to suck it off my tongue?”


“Yes, that too.” I reply and cock my head to one side.


“Okay, you were right. Nobody…”


“Bothers me here. They never did. When I first moved here with Kendi, I was expecting mobs with pitchforks but they just gave me food and privacy.”


“Both Taylor essentials!” He snickers and takes a sip. “When Sunbeam arrives, do you want to stay here? There is going to be a lot of fuss now that he has opened his mouth.”


I scowl at the reason we are here and his continuous insidious, but rapidly weakening grip on our lives. After Ted and Debs went to see him, we thought he got the hint. But no, he kept texting and calling. We were advised not to block him as that would prove the harassment case we slapped him with. Mel and Lindsay joined us in the case. He didn’t bother anybody but us…by us I mean me, Brian and Mel. Now that he has accepted he’s not Jenny’s father, he’s ignored her ever since, much to her great relief! But takes delight in reminding Mel of what could’ve been. Nya, ever the genius, fixed it so that his calls and texts went to a service so at least we didn’t have to change our numbers.


“Stop dwelling and answer the question.” He reaches over to tug me into his lap and I smile. “Though you have to admit that only he could hire an attorney, who was in the middle of having his own disbarment hearing, giving out all those details sealed it for him, for both of them.”


I grimace as I recall that day…


Start of flashback

BRITIN - SATURDAY MORNING, THREE WEEKS EARLIER


LOUNGE


JUSTIN


“I am going to kill him! He thinks that the beating he got was bad? I will make it feel like nothing!” I snarl as I watch the TV and the press conference of his attorney, telling the world about Sunbeam and how I ensnared Brian, who like his client was entrapped by the police; how he will be vindicated when it comes to this mockery of a trial, as no actual crime took place!


Brian wraps his arms around me while Cyn and Ted are immediately on their phones. “We need to get away from here.” I turn in his arms and wrapped mine around him.


“No matter where we go, they will turn up. We’re not running away…”


“They are going to hound me! I don’t want anything to happen to Sunbeam! Please Brian! Hotrod, please!”  


“Of course, Spitfire, we will find somewhere...but where?”


“Fox Chapel.” I tell him. “We can go there. Trust me, nobody will bother us there.”


He looks dubious, but nods. “Okay. The sooner we go, the better! Kids go and…”


“No, just the two of you go.” Nya interrupts. “Let us look after them. They are going to be looking for a group, not a pair. You can drive there. It’ll take you a couple of hours tops... actually less since I will be driving speedily, but carefully!” We exchange looks and nod in agreement. “Let’s go now. We can send clothes later.”


Twenty minutes later, I am in the back of Nya’s Merc with my head in Brian’s lap. He’s stroking my hair, telling me it will be fine.


Two hours later, we are watching Ted outside the gates of Britin, explaining that yes what his attorney had said about there being a pregnancy is true. But that everything else is the twisted lies and pathetic delusions of a jealous and deviant mind. One, who could not accept that he is unlikeable, untrustworthy and is now, unworthy of further comment. The stroke of genius was when Cyn came out to tell Ted about the disbarment hearing of said attorney. Her quip that stupidity and jealousy make fools of those that act on them was brilliant!


And as I predicted, we weren’t discovered here. It’s mainly because although we own the house, it is in Aunt Abi’s name, her maiden name. Another stroke of Nya genius.


The furore died down pretty quickly, but we loved it being just us. And even better, he was moved to Frackville prison, which is maximum security. So he spends most of his time, for once, keeping his mouth shut. He doesn’t need to worry about his ass though, as according to Kiki, not even the rapists would tap that! She’s got many a contact has Kiki...

End of flashback


“No, I want to be at Britin when Sunbeam is born and we have got to discuss names, properly. We are not calling him or her Jesuswansme...don’t think I don’t know what you did there!”


He looks through his lashes at me and I scowl back in response. “Now about your tongue and the other Beam.” I prompt and he takes a sip and I kiss him deeply, nipping and licking his lips and tongue. Soon we need air and he grins goofily at me. “What?”


“Getting bigger and plumper.” He leers at me.


“Bigger and plumper?” I stand up and rush to the mirror and yep, Sunbeam is definitely there, no mistaking that. “Where’s the plump part?” I grumble. “I can’t see it. This is all baby!” I point out, starting to get cross that he appears to be calling me fat!


“Oh, I can. Plumper and, if I am not mistaken, higher…”


“You are! You are calling me fat!” I pout.


“Spitfire, you twat! I am talking about your ass...look at that!” He orders and slowly pulls my sweatpants down. “Look at it! Round! High and heart shaped! I have to pay homage…”


“Hom…” I begin, but the words die as he sinks to his knees and begins to mouth my cheeks. “Oh god!” I groan as the roughness of his stubble tickles the sensitive flesh of my ass.


“Such a lush and plumptious treat…” He mutters against my cheek and reaches around to my starting to twitch cock. “...oh wait, this is my treat. These two perfect buns must be the appetisers…”


“H-h-h-hotrod…” I whimper as he licks and nibbles one cheek before moving to the other. For ten agonising minutes, that is all he does while avoiding my quivering hole and twitching and leaking cock, but he keeps brushing butterfly touches on my inner thighs. “Do something else!” I demand hoarsely as he starts to lick and kiss the base of my spine...sparks of pleasure have me squirming and struggling to stay upright. Gently, he parts my cheeks and I spread my legs as much as I can with my sweatpants round my knees.


“Step out.” He orders as he slides them down to my ankles. As I do so, he kisses the back of my knee. I start to shake as he nibbles a path back to my ass; each kiss and nip like a little bonfire. I can’t bear it anymore so turn around and sink to my knees. “What kept you?” He murmurs before smashing his lips against mine and spearing his tongue deep within. I suck hard and twist his hair in my hands. His hands are kneading my ass and he is pushing his thigh between mine. “Lie down. Spitfire, lie down!”


I do as I am told and he lies on top of me, but to the side slightly and I frown. “Don’t want to crush Beam.” He murmurs, running his hand over our bump before pulling my tee up, baring my stomach. “Such a pretty bump…” He leans down and kisses my belly button and dips his tongue in as I squirm and gasp. “...a sensitive little inny…” Five minutes later, my cock is dripping as he licks and sucks my belly button.


“Please.” I moan out, trying to push his hands down. “Need to feel…” I beg.


“You are feeling hence the squirming and little mewls of pleasure...but let me see what I can do about this thing here…” He then sweeps down to my ankles and I growl. “Okay, okay, such impatience…”


“Bri-an!” I get up on my elbows and glare at him and he bats his eyes at me. “Please.do.something.about.that!” I order and lie back down. He chuckles before I feel his breath warming my already hot cock. He takes my leg and puts it over his shoulder and nuzzles my balls. I groan in delight. At least, he’s finally in the right area! “Da-yum!” I squeal as he takes me all the way down and slides his fingers deep within my ass at the same time. “Oh Christ!” I yell and reach blindly for his hair as he sets about getting me off as fast and hard as possible. “Brian! W-wait slow...oh...oh...mmm...ah...ah...oh fuck!” His mouth and fingers find the same rhythm that is both strong and deep. I am thrashing on the rug, clawing at it as he goes faster and faster. “Fuck yes!” I bellow as my hips take on a life of their own, jerking and thrusting as the tidal waves of pleasure wash over me. “Ohfuckmefuckfuckfuck!” I gasp as he taps my prostate and this sets off another orgasm that causes total wipeout!


When I wake up, I am in bed and turn into his chest. He tilts my chin up. “I didn’t hurt you, did I? It’s just that at that moment, you looked and sounded…”


“You have no idea, no idea how much I needed that! I got horny as hell so quick...but hurt me, you didn’t.” I smile lazily. “Need water though.” He sits us up and hands me the already poured glass of fizzy. “As much as I love it here, we have to go back.”


“Tomorrow. We go back tomorrow.” He kisses me behind my ear and I look up at him then blink. “Are you serious? You’re ready to go again?!”


I nod enthusiastically before turning in his lap to sit astride him. I reach down and stroke his cock, who is more than happy to join the party. “On your knees…” I husk against his lips. “My turn.”


PITTSBURGH PREPARATORY MILITARY SCHOOL FOR GIRLS - MONDAY MORNING


COUNSELLOR FRENCH’S OFFICE


COUNSELLOR FRENCH


I observe Jenny Marcus Peterson through the two way mirror and look across at Hawk. He is a stoic and stern man, but this young girl has somehow gotten under his skin. He wanted to see exactly what it is that has had her turn up here. “You want to see her results from her tests?”


Sighing, he nods. As he flicks through the papers, his eyes widen. “These are for her?” He asks quietly and I nod. “She got 97% on this one...that’s unheard of for algebra!”


“That’s why they had her take it again, three times and all different papers. They evened it out, average mark 94%. Said now that she understands it, she likes it.” The buzzer going means that they are here.


“Does she know about these marks?” He looks at her again and there’s that soft smile of pride.


“No, we thought we would let her mothers see it first, and then tell her.”


“Ah, I see. Well let’s get this started.”


“Party started.” I smile at him.


“What party?” He looks blank.


“No, I mean the phrase is let’s get this party started.”


“Why would it be a party?” He continues to look confused. “This is not a party. This is a pre-counselling session and…”


“Yes, I’ll just go and get her mothers.” I interrupt him quickly and head to reception, making sure the door is shut before I chuckle at his literal take on everything. Even though I have never seen pictures of her mothers, I know instantly which one is her birth mother. “Ms Marcus?” I put out my hand and she smiles nervously. “She looks just like you.” I smile and turn to the blonde. “And you must be Ms Peterson?” She nods and shakes my hand. “Come ladies, she’s this way.”


“So how does this work?” Ms Peterson asks looking nervous and something else, but I can’t think what it is right now.


“Well, we give you her folder with her tests and general report and then you talk. This is not the full session; that will be later when she starts school properly. So here’s the folder, and whenever you’re ready…”


“You do it.” Ms Peterson nudges Ms Marcus to knock on the door and I find that very strange. From what I have gleaned from conversations, it’s always been Ms Peterson, who is the closest of the pair to Jenny. Yet, she seems a little reluctant.


She knocks and Jenny calls them in. At first, she doesn’t move but just stares at them.


“Your hair is starting to grow back.” Ms Marcus says quietly. “So you’ve been...ooof!” She gasps as Jenny flings herself into her arms and holds her tightly. “Hey there. Jesus, have you been lifting weights or something? That’s one heck of a hug!” She kisses the top of her head and holds her daughter quietly and until she releases her and steps back. Ms Marcus looks surprised and wipes the tears off of her face. “What’s this about?”


“I missed you and I’m making up for lost time. Momma!” She launches herself into Ms Peterson’s arms and while she does hug her back, it is a little more reserved.  “Come on, sit down. How have you both been? How’s everyone and everything?” They exchange looks and immediately, Jenny picks up on it. “What’s happened?” She looks at first incredulous and then angry while they tell her what’s been happening outside. While we knew what happened, we didn’t tell her. One, as Ernie says it’s not our news to tell and secondly, she would only worry and there was nothing she could do. “Oh that cu...kumquat!” She snaps and then grins when Ms Marcus snickers. “So close to a demerit there!”


“So how are you finding it here?” Ms Peterson asks.


“It’s good. There have been off days when…”


“So you are saying you want to come home and leave here, then?” She asks quickly and they look at her in surprise. “Your Uncle Brian is prepared to fund your place at the Academy.”


“He is?” They both ask.


“Yes.” She has brightened up considerably and I watch Hawk. He does not look happy at all.


“What is she playing at?!” He growls.


“But why?” Jenny asks, looking confused. “I thought he wasn’t going to do that anymore…”


“He wasn’t, but with all that’s been happening...well you all being in one place is a better solution to the problem.”


“What problem? Momma, what is going on?”


“Nothing. I just feel, having discussed it with your Uncle, that…”


“But I like it here. I’ve made friends and you have my report…” She tries to reach for it, but just about stops it herself. “...which you know if you wanted to read it, out loud for example…”


“Subtle, really subtle.” Ms Marcus laughs, while Ms Peterson doesn’t. She almost rolls her eyes in annoyance. “Okay, let’s see here. Which do you want to hear first?”


“My tests.” She answers, crossing her fingers, which finally gets a smile out of Hawk.


“So English Lit 87%, Math 90%, English 91%, Calculus 79%, what’s that face for? 79% is good. It’s better than I got on my final exam many moons ago! Geography, wait geography? You’ve taken on an extra subject?” She nods enthusiastically. “Okay, so that got 83% and algebra…”


“Not your greatest subject.” Ms Peterson says, arching a brow and I can feel the twitch of Hawk’s eye.


“I know, Momma. They made me take it three times.” She sighs.


“This does not bode well.” She almost looks pleased.


“This is the average score of each paper and you got, oh dear, 94%.”


“How much?” Jenny croaks and takes the papers, with a shaking hand. “94%, an average score of 94%!” She screams and twirls round room. “Momma, look! I used to hate that subject, but now I get it!”


“That’s nice dear, but could you show some decorum and sit down. We still have the actual report on your behaviour to read.”


Again with the tone! I am beginning to get pissed! You sometimes get parents like this. They want you to fix their children, but then they don’t because if their children get better then they have to look to themselves to see where the true fault lies. And this stinking thinking is what I pick up from Ms Peterson.


“Right so. Report on Jenny Marcus Peterson. Ms Marcus Peterson, when she arrived was combative, abusive and precocious and not in a cute way. She challenged authority and seemed to delight in pushing buttons. It took a major punishment, like shaving her hair, for her to realise we were not fooling around. When she returned to the school after her brief absence, there was a marked change in her behaviour for the better and that has continued to be the case. Yes, she has had wobbles but everyone does as they adjust to a behavioural change. We feel that she is making excellent progress and the counselling sessions she wants with her parents and brother will go a long way to making her the kind, considerate and well rounded young lady that we are starting to see. You should be proud of her and considering where she started with minus points, she has worked hard and clawed her way to enough points to be able to go home for a week.”


“What counselling sessions?” Ms Peterson demands. “I’m not sure talking about our family to strangers is a good idea. You know how Brian is about this. He likes his privacy.”


“But the sessions won’t be about Uncle Brian. Why would they be, Momma? This is about us as a family, you, me, Mom and Gus.”


“But surely Brian should be involved as this involves Gus...”


“But not in the sense that you mean, Momma. Yes, Uncle Brian is his father but he wasn’t there all the time. It was just us. I-I’d prefer it if it remained that way for the…”


“Well you don’t always get what you want, do you young lady?! I see they haven’t managed to curb all of your nasty ways. Maybe you shouldn’t come home.”


“Lindsay!”


“Sorry, Mel.  I’m just tired what with everything that is going on. I have a headache as well.”


“I can get some pills for you?” Jenny gets up, looking worried when she nods.


“Jenny, go and get the pills then pack. You’re coming home.”


“Yes, Mom. Won’t be long with the pills, Momma.” She rushes out to find the nurse and I have to wrestle Hawk back into the seat.


“Let’s see how she handles it.”


“What on earth is the matter with you? And don’t give me this headache and everything that is going on bullshit! When did you speak to Brian about the academy?”


“Mel, please let’s talk when we get home? I really don’t feel very well. I told you this earlier, but you insisted that I come.”


“She’s your daughter; I shouldn’t have had to insist!”


The door opening brings in the nurse with the pills. “Who are these for?” She asks politely and she puts up her hand. After she takes them quickly, the nurse leaves, but with a slight frown marring her face.


“Please Mel, let these kick in first, okay?” She rests her head in her hand and sighs.


Although she doesn’t say anything, I can tell that Ms Marcus is steamed. She plasters a smile on her face when Jenny comes back in with her case.  “Wow, that was quick!” She grins.


“I was already packed. Well pretty much packed. I had a feeling I had done enough. So can we go?”


“Yes, let’s go.” Ms Marcus states and waits for Ms Peterson to get tiredly up.


“You okay, Momma?”


“Yes, just waiting for the pills to kick in. I think I have a migraine and will have to lie down when we get back.”


“Okay.” Ms Marcus says and she leads them out.


“I need to speak to the nurse and then the Headmaster.” Hawk says tersely and after making sure the coast is clear, stalks out.


STATE CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTE FRACKVILLE - AFTERNOON


VISITORS ROOM


GUARD


Why, for the love of god, does he do this? We tell him every visiting day that there is nobody to see him, but still he insists that they will come and loiters around waiting for his name to be called. Then when it isn’t, he goes back to his cell, whining and moaning. He has been moved four times already!


I look down the list and am amazed for there is a visitor for him. “Novotny, you have a visitor on table 5!” He looks smug as he comes round the corner. But whomever it is, it’s more than obvious that it’s not who he expected as he looks disappointed, but still smug.


MICHAEL


I am surprised to see Nya sitting there and smirk because I know why she is here, but there is fuck all she can do about it. “What do you want?”


“You put a stop order on the banker’s cheque for my dad, so you owe him $20,500. Which is the original amount, plus interest and charges for non-payment…”


“I needed the money for other, more important things…” I smirk again. “...and as I am in jail, I have no access to a bank so…”


“We got a court order to garnish your account and have done so. This is your receipt.”


“You did what?!” I shout at her, snatching the paper from the table where she slid it towards me. “You can’t do that!”


“Garnished your account and we can and have. We told your attorney. You remember your second attorney, don’t you? He did such a stand up and sterling job for you, didn’t he? And we got the garnishing your account idea from your first attorney.” She sits back and now she’s the one smirking. “You really didn’t think you would get away with that, did you?”


“I want my money back!” I hiss at her.


“Nope. Not your money. We had an agreement and came hell or highwater, you were going to stick to it!” She hisses back. “And to save you from wondering, $47.50 is what is left in your account.” She stands up and pulls on her coat. “Here.” She flings some change at me. “Now you have a whole fifty bucks which makes you richer than some folks in here.”


When I stand up quickly and stalk away she starts to laugh. “What? No tearful goodbye? No see you next time?! No nothing?!” She calls out as the room goes quiet. I pause and think before I turn to face her, ready to give her the tongue lashing I have always wanted to, only to find that she’s gone.


“Thus proving the adage you snooze, you lose. Correct.” A guard chuckles as he walks passed me.


MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - EVENING


LOUNGE


JENNY


I have had a nice long soak and a nap. It is so nice to be home. I am reading up on my first week of school when Mom comes in. “What you doing?”


“This is my first week’s worth of lessons and…”


“You’ve only just got here and you’re already planning on what you’re doing when you get back.” Momma sighs. “Put that away and let’s not worry about it until we have to. Oh that reminds me, there’s a dinner at Britin tomorrow night now that Brian and Justin have finally returned.”


“Returned? Where were they?”


“That’s what we’d like to know.” She replies tightly and I frown.


“After his latest round of fuck over your friends, they took off. Nobody would tell us where they went, but they did call occasionally. But like your Momma says, they are back now and want a family dinner. It…”


“Do they know I’m back?” I ask, quietly. I have been dreading facing them all, if truth be told.


“Yes.” Mom replies and then looks uncomfortable.


“Who doesn’t want to see me?” I bite my lip.


“It’s not that.” She shifts again and then gets up and come back in with a box. An Apple box and puts it on the table between us.


“What’s this for?” I look at it, but don’t take it up. Momma pushes it towards me with a smile but Mom doesn’t look too pleased.


“It’s not for anything. It was going to be yours and I think it still should be. Your Mom is not so sure, but we will go by your decision.”


“It’s the iPad that he bought you. When Grandma took some of his things, this was one of them.”


“So what are you going to do?” Momma asks as she starts to unwrap it. “Do you want to see it?”


“No.” I tell her and that stops her from unwrapping it further. She frowns. “I don’t want anything from him or to do with him.” I tell her firmly and while Mom looks pleased, Momma looks confused.


“Why? I don’t understand. It’s not as if…”


He bought it and after what he did...just no!” I look at it for a minute. “It’s not monogrammed or anything, is it?”


Inscribed. Don’t they teach you anything in that school of yours?” Momma retorts before opening the box and checking. “No, it isn’t. Why?


“Then we can sell it.”


“What will you buy with the money?” Momma smiles at me for the first time since I got home and I shake my head at her. “What?”


“The money will still be his. I don’t want…”


“What is the matter with my Jenny? You’ve changed from the girl I raised.”


“That’s the thing, Momma. I don’t want to be that girl anymore. I thought you wanted the same thing. Isn’t that why you sent me to military school?”


“I do, but you’ve gone from one extreme to another! It’s a very difficult transition for me to accept.”


“There was always going to be a transition.” Mom takes her hand. “But you have to try.”


“Fine, I will try.” She says, but I know that tone. Something else is going on.


BRITIN - TUESDAY EARLY EVENING


LOUNGE


JENNIFER


“For goodness sake, would you three sit down?! You look like dogs at a butcher’s window!” I laugh as they reluctantly go back to the sofas and Emmy takes their place along with Debs.


“Car’s coming!” Emmy calls out. “And it’s Mel and Lindsay…”


“Do they have Jenny with them?” Gus calls out.


“Looks like just the two of them.” Emmy replies.


“Oh. I’ll get it!” Gus says and gets up. It’s when we hear him gasp that we all come out. He is just staring at Jenny. “You’re here?”


“Yes.” She looks at him, quietly. “I’m sorry. For everything. Sorry.”


“You said that before.” He sighs.


“I mean it this time. I got 94% on my algebra test.”


“Ninety four?! Ninety four?!” He stares at her for a few long minutes. “Really, Momma? She did?”


“Yes, she did. She wanted me to bring the test papers for you to see for yourself.” She hands them to him and Jenny twists her fingers. “They made her do three different tests.”


“You got 97% on this one.” Gus holds the paper up. “Wow.”


“Yeah.” She says quietly and then we watch astonished as he opens his arms like Brian does to Justin and she flings herself into them. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry, Gus!” He rubs her back and holds her tightly while we all gape.


“Uh, Gus?” Kemi finally speaks.


“She means it. She’s telling the truth. She’s sorry. “


“And why?” Kendi demands.


“Because I know she is and the reason why will stay between us.”


“Uh hi, any chance I could come in?” Nya grumbles, carrying a suit bag and a case as we have congregated in the hallway.


“Let me take these for you, babe.” Tobias says and then looks behind her. “Where are they?”


“Finishing off the show.” She grouses and shudders before looking astonished. “Does Blair know?” She drawls then tilts her head and nods.


“Hi, Aunt Nya.” Jenny says, still in Gus’s arms. “Wait, you’re still with Blair?!”


“You’ve been behaving, I see.” Nya smirks and pulls on her hair. “Keep growing that, you hear.”


“Yes, Aunt Nya.”


“How long do you reckon they will be?” Kemi asks, looking at the car.


“No idea. But Justin has a new fuckmobile.” She smirks. “And after that trauma, I need a drink!”


An hour later, they are still not back in, but Jenny has been telling us about school. And it was Lindsay more than Mel, who was furious about the tablet being smashed. But Mel was more upset about her hair. She went to see Soleil and Jericho and even fed them, though like Kendi, thought it was icky. She told us about her passing the grass test and the more she talked, the more I began... no, we began to like this Jenny.


“Surely they must be finished by now!” Lindsay gripes. “Nobody can have that much sex in a confined space!”


“What are you talking about, Momma? They’re upstairs. I thought that’s why you went wide eyed because you saw what I saw. Never thought I would see that much of them in my young life! And me such an impressionable young lady.”


“Jenny!” Mel admonishes her laughing before stopping. “Wait, how much did you see?”


“Enough to know that they are going to be a while longer.” She titters.


“Jenny!”


But she was right. After another 30 minutes, they finally came down and we stare at them both.


“Oh my god Sunbeam!” Debs cries out as she finally finds her voice. “Jesus! Justin, you are…”


“Glowing!” Brian interrupts quickly and Justin glowers at him.


“Let her say what she was going to say. What am I, Debs?”


“Nauseatingly tiny!” She grumps. “I put on so much weight, but there’s not an ounce unless it's where it counts with you!”


“Thanks.” He grins at her and then looks at Brian, who looks so damn proud and smug. “Okay, okay!”


“What is it?” Mel smiles knowingly.


“He thought he was the f-word.” Brian sighs and leads him to their chaise. As he does, he ruffles Jenny’s hair, making her beam with delight.


“Can we see now?!” Kendi huffs and waits for him to make himself comfortable before he lifts his top.


Now seeing Justin face on was one thing but seem Sunbeam in all his or her glory, well that is something different. “Oh my god!” Kendi breathes. “Was I like that? Can I?” He smiles and nods. “Oh wow, so smooth and…”


“You were a little higher up. I’m carrying lower this time.”


“Same for you when you began to show, Kemi. You were here.” Brian gestures to his chest area.


“What’s it like? Being pregnant I mean?” Jenny’s question surprises everyone.


“The first two months were horrible because of the adjusting my body had to do but now we’re at the good part. The part when we get to see Sunbeam flourish and grow.”


“And you’ve got the horn on.” Tobias adds laughing. “But the vitamin shot will need to be taken in three weeks so be prepared for a different approach to getting you to take it…”


“What does that mean?” Justin looks around warily.


“Nothing you need worry about my little boy scout.” Brian kisses the top of his head but neither Mel nor I can look at each other.


Brian clears his throat and takes Justin’s hand. “I will only say this one time... if you don’t want to know, then leave now.”


“Know what? Seriously, dads?!” Kendi squeals. “Whomever is leaving, leave quickly!” She looks around but nobody is moving.


“Sunbeam is a...a boy.” Brian chokes out and buries his face in Justin’s hair.


“Yes!” Gus yells and dances around the room.


“People! People! Get out of the way!” Emmy’s imperious tone surprises everyone. “Let me see my godson. Well by almost marriage anyway.” He sniffles as he hunkers down with his bag and gently strokes Justin’s belly. “Right now, I have been speaking to a friend who has recommended a list of products that his baby daddy had. Now I need to know allergies...I know you have a delicate system, so it’s all organic, vegan and paraben free. He also gave me a list of high end, thinking of you Brian, designers so this is for you. And there is something else, which I have forgotten…”


“Well you saved us from asking you.” Brian has composed himself and grins a watery grin at Emmy, who takes a few seconds to realise what is being said to him.


“A-are you ser-serious? Me, you want me to be Sunbeam’s godfather?!”


“Yes, we are.” Justin takes his hand that had been hovering over Sunbeam and puts it back.


“How do you know so quick?” Gus asks.


“Times have moved on and so have procedures. So our doctor asked if we wanted to know, and after some vigorous debating, he was too tired to say no.” Brian smirks and gets a jab in his ribs.


“So are you using the same doctor?” Lindsay asks. “You’ve not said much about the pregnancy since well you know…”


“No. After his announcement, we had to change so we’re being looked after by someone we know can’t be got at for now.”


“Really? Everyone has their price.” Lindsay advises, sagely.


Tobias isn’t for sale.” Nya growls. “And if you think that or think you can find someone that thinks that he is, I want to know why?”


Lindsay blenches slightly. “I don’t and I won’t. Of course I don’t, it’s just with you guys taking off and not telling us where you went was a little worrying...”


“Speaking of worrying...as in upsetting you, Uncle Brian, I really do appreciate the offer to join them at the academy, honest I do; but I would rather stay where I am.” Jenny interrupts and Lindsay looks pissed and Brian confused.


“Okay that’s that settled then.” Mel smiles a little tightly.


“Jenny.” Lindsay sighs. “This is new and novel to you right now. Once the full impact of how hard…”


“So how is it Jenny?” Brian interrupts after a subtle jab from Justin. Nya and I exchange looks but say nothing. “Does the structure suit you?”


“It does. Not for the strictness of it, but the way it is run. You do this you get that, a work and reward sche...which is what you and Uncle Justin taught Kemi, Kendi and Gus...” She trails off and flushes as realisation has finally dawned. “I was such a brat and a...a BUB. C-can we go to RoR please? I need to say sorry to some other people.”


Kemi and Kendi look at Gus and he nods, and then they head upstairs.


“So who’s the godmother?” Debs asks handing a still sobbing Emmy more tissues.


“That was the easiest thing in the world to decide.” Brian smiles. “Mel. If she accepts.”


Mel is just incredulous. “Me? But why?”


I can see by the look on Lindsay’s face she is thinking exactly the same thing!


“The amount of times I’ve called you to just talk me out of the tree I sometimes climbed…”


“We sometimes climbed.” Brian interrupts.


“...yeah we sometimes climbed into. We know that you are the perfect person for our son.”


“Yeah, the milk conversation was funny!” Nya cackles.


“We do not need a rehash of that!” Justin squeaks.


“I mean seriously why would it come in before Sunbeam arrives?” Nya continues as Tobias grins and Mel chuckles.


“Oh I think we do!” Emmy demands. “Dish!”


“Yes Mel, why don’t you catch us all up on these conversations?” Lindsay snipes. “As it's the first time I am hearing about it too.”


“I retained a little water and naturally thought…”


“Your milk had kicked in so called Mel. Who reassured him, but that wasn’t enough so he made her…” Brian starts to laugh while Justin goes crimson and buries his head in his hands. “...get Nya to call Tobias as she wouldn’t give him his number as she knows how he gets. So there was five of us on this call trying to explain to my gorgeous Baby Daddy that he was not more pregnant than he was and it was just water retention. Why he wouldn’t take my word for it is anyone’s guess.”


“Your word?” Lindsay is the only one not amused.


“I was nibbling…”


“Brian!” Justin groans.


Before he can go any further the kids come down and Jenny is looking a little tearful. “It’s fine. Nobody likes to hear the awful truth about themselves but they accepted my apology, it will take work but I will get them back.”

 

As I look around the room the only person who doesn’t look proud is Lindsay and when I look at Mel, I see she notices it too...and she is, as Nya would say, toute sortes de baisee*…!

Chapter End Notes:

*Rough French for all sorts of fucked off

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.