- Text Size +

CHAPTER 42 - A CHANGE IS GONNA COME, SIGN OF THE TIMES AND HERE COMES THE SUN


MEL


I sigh as I reach the front door and read the text from Nya. Time for listening is now. As I open the door, I hear a huffing breath and find a deeply disgruntled looking Jenny in the hallway.


“Mom. You. Need. To. Speak. To. Her.” She just points to the stuff at her feet. “For when Sunbeam comes... this is antique lace, apparently. It will be something for him to remember her by.”


“Who’s him?” I ask, hoping that the answer is not Sun…


“Sunbeam, or her little darling Bumble Bean!” She sighs, shaking her head. “She finds that Beam and its alcoholic connotations is inappropriate, so we're to call him that from now on, as it is much more befitting a child of such a high standing society family.”


I hear her coming down the stairs very carefully, then she pauses. “Jenny, I told you to put them in a box! Can you do as I tell you, and then...”


“No Lindsay, she won’t. She is going to take everything back upstairs and then go to bed while you and I are going to have a little chat.”


“Sorry Mel, but I don’t have time for a chat. I need to get these boxed up and taken over so…”


“Taken over when? And are we just talking about the boxes or what exactly you are trying to do here?” I remark as I pick up the baby things and start to head back up the stairs with them.


“Mel, where are you going with those? I need them.”


“You don’t need them and neither does Brian, Justin or Sunbeam.” She glares at me, but continues to head downstairs. “Jenny, go to your room please.”


“Yes, Mom. Goodnight. Goodnight, Momma!” She calls out, but gets no response. “And good luck.” She whispers to me.


LOUNGE


LINDSAY


I start to sort through the things and ignore the sighing behind me. “Lindsay. Stop this.”


“Stop what? Creating a care package for Gus’s half brother is a bad thing, is it?”


“Yes. Because they don’t need nor do they want a care package of Gus’s old baby clothes.”


“Oh? Have you been having your clandestine conversations again? Tell me Mel, when did these start?”


“Why did you give Michael the number for Justin?”


“Because he asked for it at the time and he gave a perfectly valid reason. He wanted to get in touch with Brian over a business thing and knew that he was with Justin. And...”


“Bullshit! He Novo’d you, you gave it to him to draw attention to your actions...again!” I snap, interrupting her excuse.


“Novo’d? Is that a new phrase that you three have come up with? Or is it five, including Nya and Tobias? You have quite the clique!”


“For goodness sake Lindsay, stop this! Jenny is right! You are jealous and...”


“Of what?!” She scoffs but there’s a telling blush.


“When they asked me to be godmother, you had the same look on your face as you did when Brian explained why he had gotten me the earrings! I received a gift that you haven’t and you don’t like it! And because it’s from Brian, you feel that since you are Gus’s mother you should have a say in anything to do with Brian and Gus, and get anything and everything from Brian by right!”


“I should!” She blurts out and then blushes harder. “It’s not fair! You got diamond earrings and what did I get?!”


“What you deserved. No, what you and I both deserved. Nothing!” Jenny surprises us both by answering the question.


“Jenny, how dare…”


“Momma, I am not daring; I am speaking the truth. We have done nothing to deserve anything from Uncle Brian and Uncle Justin. I’m grateful that I have been allowed to restart my relationships with them at all. You can’t play mother by proxy. He’s not going to be related to you. He’s going to be related to Gus, Kendi, Kemi, but more importantly he’s going to be related to Uncle Brian and Uncle Justin, and only them. Whether you like it or not, they will be his parents. Try to see it from their point of view... if they were doing to you what you’re doing to them, how would you feel?”


“I would be inclusive and encouraging…”


“You would be pissed off and furious! Just like you were pissed off and furious when Uncle Brian first got pregnant with Kemi and then again when he refused to hand her care over to you.”


“How do you know…” I ask, sitting down and puzzled. I’m trying to wrack my brain as to when either of us told her that and I know from her expression that Lindsay is doing the same.


Voldertwat told me.” She sighs and sits down. “I was on my one of many anti-Kemi rants and he laughed, saying that I reminded him of the time that you found out Uncle Brian was pregnant and how mad you were…”


Start of flashback

MEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE, TORONTO - 2 YEARS AGO


LOUNGE


JENNY


“See? This is what I mean, Uncle Michael. Kemi comes along to everything! I wanted Uncle Brian to myself!”


“I know, but where he goes she has to follow. Even though there are people to look after her as well you know. But you have me all to yourself; you will always have that. But it’s funny, you reminded me so much of your mommy just then. Did you know that if it wasn’t for her, you wouldn’t be here?”


“Who? Kemi? Why?” I demand.


“Well not her as such, but if your dad had given her to your mommy as we thought he should, then they wouldn’t have begotten you. She whined about not wanting to leave her daddy! It’s not as if he wouldn’t have seen her, just not every day. He would be the dad that he should be. But oh your mommy was furious, and, oh so jealous that everyone virtually ignored her. I mean let’s face it, her being pregnant was not that special a thing, but him... now that was special. That’s why she behaves the way she does, to remind you that he’s her daddy and not yours. But like I said, you will always have me.”

End of flashback


We sit there in stunned silence, I rub my temple and try to formulate a sentence but can’t come up with a damn thing, well apart from scenarios in my head where I kill him very slowly and painfully!


Lindsay clears her throat. “So me encouraging you and going to Brian for...oh my fucking...he encouraged me, too! Okay it didn’t take much and I did do the support money by myself…”


“Support money what support money?” Jenny interrupts frowning and then gapes at her. “You didn’t?! The trust thing that was…”


“Yes, it was.” She cringes and I marvel at how perceptive Jenny has become, she goes to say something but Lindsay puts up her hand. “I gave it back to him. However, l let him...no, I justified my behaviour by listening to him with his he can afford it! He’s our best friend! He’s virtually her dad anyway! Jesus, what have I done?! Jenny…”


“The counselling sessions.” I interrupt her. “We need to do them.” She nods slowly. “These need to go back upstairs and you need to apologise to them.”


“It’s the most ridiculous thing.” She sighs and starts to blush even harder and we wait for her to continue. “He’s blocked me.” We both frown at her. “He blocked my number and I was furious!”


“You no longer served a purpose. In you he had an ally to get Brian to do what he wanted, when he wanted.” I tell her before I turn to Jenny and nibble my lip. “If you don’t say that is entirely up to you but…”


“Why did Gus believe my apology this time?” She gives a goofy smile….my daughter did a goofy smile - this has to be good! “I was having another of my moments and baiting him so you made me apologise Mom, and you bought the act, as you now know it was. But he didn’t, so he said, the day he believes an apology from me is the day that either hell freezes over or I pass algebra…I can’t control the weather so I made damn sure I passed algebra.”


“Oh.” Is all I can say and Lindsay’s eyes are glistening with unshed tears.


“May I have my phone please? I need to tell him that you know about the…”


“In the morning sweetheart, go to bed and don’t worry we won’t tell anyone else.”


“Okay, thank you. Goodnight.”


“Goodnight.” We reply and as the door shuts behind her, I gather a tearful Lindsay in my arms.


“I am so proud of her, we need to have that report framed.” She sniffs.


“And we will.” I mutter into her hair.


BRITIN - SUNDAY EARLY AFTERNOON


LOUNGE


JUSTIN


I am apprehensive as I enter the lounge. Brian is lying on the sofa, he looks up as I come in and puts the newspaper firmly back in front of his face.


“Brian.” I say quietly and he doesn’t answer. “Brian please, I am sorry, I really am...I just misheard you.” He lowers the paper slightly and glares at me over the top of it. “Are you still…” I get my answer as it flicked sharply back up again.


There is a knock on the door and Tobias comes in with a bowl. “Time for another um...hi Justin. So um...shall I just leave it here and…”


“Yes and you can both go!” Brian snaps and Tobias winces, then jerks his head for me to follow.


He closes the door after me. “Look, yes he’s pissed but he’s had three of them now and they should be taking effect. But he’s not saying much and I do kinda need to know…”


“I think he’s still hurting.” I sigh and we both jump when the door is wrenched open.


“No shit, Sherlock!” Brian scowls and stalks as well as he can back to the sofa. “You fucked it, you fix it!” He orders, lying back down. I close the door behind me and approach. “Did he tell you what you have to do?” He barks from behind the newspaper.


“No.” I reply quietly.


“Simple, saturate cloth in milk and wrap round burning and stinging object until it goes dry and repeat until cloths run out.” He retorts. “And in silence.”


I do as I am bid but the silence is getting too much. “Brian.” I look up and the paper is quivering, it is definitely quivering. Frowning, I stand up and peer over the top and find my fiancé is silently shaking with laughter! “You bastard!” I squeal at him, wrenching the papers out of his hands.


“Me!” He gasps between guffaws. ”You were the one*he-he-he* that got the horn and made your Hotrod have a hot rod!” I glare at him but can feel my mouth starting to twitch until I am sniggering alongside him and have to rest my head on his chest. He brushes his fingers through my hair and gives it a gentle tug so I turn to face him. “I’m fine, honest. It was a twofold surprise, that’s all…”


Start of flashback

MASTER BEDROOM - THREE HOURS EARLIER


BRIAN


Now what is that Sunbeam carrying Spitfire of mine doing? I saw him hightailing it up here and judging by the smell, he has food with him. It’s just us as everyone has gone out. After Lindsay apologised for her behaviour, we’ve settled down to our kind of normalcy. I gently push the door open and smile to myself, for there setting on the bed with a bowl on Sunbeam, over his clothes, is Spitfire, but it’s the beatific look on his face that’s making me smile. I watch as he takes slice after slice and indulges himself.


“What you got there then?” I ask as I quietly shut the door. His eyes fly open and he goes a wonderful shade of guilty pink.


“Um...a snack.” He replies, balancing it a bit better on Sunbeam.


“He’s a baby, not a table…” I point out as I join him on the bed. “...so in there is?”


“Curried sweetcorn.” He mumbles around a mouthful. “You wouldn’t like it.”


“Maybe I should be the judge of that.” I reply, taking the slice off of him without protest and nibble it delicately. His eyes go hooded as he watches me work my way around the sliced ear of corn. “You are wrong, I love this. Can we share?” I ask, holding up a slice to his mouth. “Spitfire, it’s getting cold and I suspect it tastes better piping hot…” He opens his mouth, takes a bite and chews. Turn by turn, he finishes the slice before repeating the same action for me. Soon, our hands and mouths are covered in the luscious sauce and we are breathing heavily.


I take the bowl off of Sunbeam and lean in to kiss him. He meets me halfway and we divest ourselves of our clothes as we devour each. I push him backwards while still liplocked before raising up so that I can get astride him. I gently stroke Sunbeam before leaning over to kiss him again. “Do wipe your hands...” I pause. “...touch me.” I mutter against his lips and he murmurs in the positive. I go back to kissing and he starts the touching. As his fingers ghost my cock, I squirm with pleasure and moan into his mouth. He keeps up the gentle stroking and I start to get harder and harder with each touch...and then hotter and hotter with each touch. “Justin…” I stop and look down at his confused expression. “Did you wipe your hands before...ow-ow-ow! Oh no, you didn’t!” I scream and leap off the bed.


“Brian! Brian, what’s wrong?!” He shouts after me as I fly out of the room and down the stairs.


I am too busy being focused on the kitchen and getting cooled down to reply. I pull open the fridge door and spot my saviour, which is how Tobias and Nya came to find me in the kitchen naked with my dick in a pint pot of double cream.

End of flashback


“I knew what to do so that wasn’t too bad. The cream helped, but it was Nya and Tobias coming into the kitchen that...” He starts to chuckle again, then turns on his side so that I can spoon in front of him. “But as a rule, no curry in the bedroom from now on, okay?”


“Okay.” I sigh relieved he wasn’t as mad as I thought.


“And maybe wash your ears out, too.” He murmurs and starts to giggle when I jab him in the ribs.


“Fucker!” I grouse good naturedly and wrap his arms around us.


SCI FRACKVILLE - TUESDAY MORNING - TWO WEEKS LATER


INTERVIEW ROOM 2


MICHAEL


I stare at Shawanda Cross in disbelief. “You are kidding me? Are you sure?”


“Yes.” Is her terse reply. “Of course, I am sure. I do not control the scheduling of the judicial system,l if I did I would’ve given myself more time! Your trial is set for this Friday at 0900 and is…”


“But we’ve only just met and we’ve not even had time to prepare statements and shit like that!”


“This is what I am here for now. So what is your defence?”


“I didn’t do anything.” I sit back and scowl at her.


“But according to your signed statement here and recordings taken at the time, you admitted that you put the GHB in Brian Kinney’s drink with the intent of making him compliant. You admit that you asked Mason Reed to swap the samples for Melanie Marcus and have been paying him blackmail money for the last five years to keep quiet about it. Then we have recordings of the many harassing calls you made to Mr Kinney, Mr Taylor and Ms Marcus. I have to say that the latter ones are especially distressing as you are gloating about what could have been…”


“What harassment? What recordings?” I sit back, smugly. There is no way they can trace those back to me.


“Can we play the recordings please?!” She calls out and the room is filled with my voice in call after call after call. “Switch it off. Rather compelling listening, isn’t it? And not in a good way to any decent human being! Now with the harassment, it’s your voice, the calls came from here so you’ve condemned yourself to that sentence.”


“Sent...listen carefully! I may have said I wanted to do those things…”


“So this isn’t your signature at the bottom of the page and this…can you play the video please?” I watch the TV and it’s from the night of my arrest right near the end. “So that’s not you signing this statement under no duress whatsoever, is it?”


“Well yes, it is me but…”


“Then you have admitted to what you intended to do, which is what you are charged with and will face trial on Friday for.” She glowers back at me. “You may not have followed through…” She sniggers for some reason. “...but with Ms Marcus, you acted as if you had completed your abominable act. Let me finish, it was by declaring yourself the father of Jenny Marcus Peterson on the same night you were arrested, that is where your admission is.. Oh and let’s not forget the attempted kidnapping charge on that one. Shall I show that for you, too?”


“No.” I retort.


“So what possible defence can you come up with? Because the one written down here makes you sound like a first class, for want of a better word, cunt.”


The guard behind me gasps and I just blink at her for a few seconds. “Did you call me a…”


“No. I said that the way this statement is written makes you sound like that. You need to rephrase it to make what is so abominable less so...here’s what you need to write...”


An hour later, I have a sore hand from writing so much but she seems pleased enough.


“Right so there’s nothing more we can do now. I shall see you on Friday. Is there any way you can get someone to bring you a suit?”


“I suppose you could ask Ted. Surely, he must have calmed down by now and it’s not as if I did anything to him.”


She frowns at me and then flicks through her papers. “I can’t see a Ted as a contact here. In fact, you have no emergency, family or friend contact information at all on file.” She seems to take great delight in saying that. “Okay, so as I was saying, we’re done here. I shall see you on Friday. And try to get that suit.”


SHAWANDA CROSS


I shudder in revulsion at the way he smiled as I told him what to say on the stand. But that has been replaced by a smirk as I drive back towards Liberty Avenue. All I can think to myself is the next time I see that man, he will be going to jail. When I pull up at the light, I look at his new statement and take great pleasure in reading the words that they will never hear. Man, I am good!


SCHUYLKILL COUNTY COURT - FRIDAY MID-MORNING


COURT ROOM 3


MICHAEL


“Yes, I have a prepared statement but I don’t know it off the top of my head!” I retort to the DA and the judge, once again, glares at me.


“We have a copy of the statement and I would like to read it out or would you like to read it, Mr Novotny?” I wave at him to continue and then listen in disbelief as he reads out the statement that she didn’t like! I glare across at her and she glares right back at me. “Wow, Mr Novotny! Not only do you sound remorseless, you also sound pleased with yourself.”


“That’s not the statement I wrote.” I protest. “I wrote another one and…”


“Yes we saw that, but because you didn’t sign your name, it was inadmissible I’m afraid.”


“Sign it?” I whisper. “But I did sign it!”


“What did you use? Invisible ink?!” He snaps at me. “No further questions. Your witness but I reserve the right to recall!”


“Court is in recess!” The Judge orders.


“All rise!”


MEETING ROOM 2 - 15 MINUTES LATER


SHAWANDA


“So what the fuck happened there?!” He yells at me and I wave the guard back.


“You were supposed to sign it, but you didn’t!” I spit back at him and pull out the offending piece of paper. “See, you never signed it. I called you yesterday and asked you if you wanted to go with the other statement, as I have to give a signed copy to the prosecution, and you said yes! Would you like me to have the recording of that conversation played to you?!”


“I...I…now what do we do?” He asks, pacing round the room.


“Well, be thankful that the trial is being heard here and not at Alleghany for a start!” I retort, flicking through my papers once more.


“Why and why wasn’t it?l He stops pacing and frowns as I look incredulously at him. “What? Just answer the fucking...ow!” He screams as the guard pins him to the wall. Nobody swears at me...especially a cunt like him!


“You do not swear at a lady in my presence!” He growls in his ear. “I will let you go and you will apologise. If you don’t, you will find yourself back here but on your knees. Understand?!”


He nods frantically and the guard releases him. “My apologies for upsetting your delicate...ow for fuck sake ow!” He screams as true to his word he is on his knees with the guard’s knee in his back.


“Now where do you think you went wrong there?” I ask, my voice dripping with sarcasm.


“Want to try again?” The guard demands pressing his point.


“Yes! I’m sorry! Okay! I’m sorry!” He yells and the guard looks at me; I nod and he lets him up. He rubs his knees as he hobbles back to his seat. “So why are we here anyway?”


“Attention all attendees for Court 2, all attendees for Court 2! Court is now back in session! Return immediately!”


I gather my things and stalk towards the courtroom, trying not smirk as he hobbles alongside me.


“Why aren’t we at…” He begins as we get to our seats and sit down.


“All rise!”


“You may sit down. Prosecution to continue?”


“Thank you, your honour. If you could give us one minute.”


“Less than that.”


“Thank you, your honour.”


I turn to him. “To answer your question asked before your lesson in manners and subsequent attack of conscience, you’re being tried here because of the restraining orders. Remember, you can’t be near them? And besides, there, you would hardly get an impartial jury!”


“What about the restraining orders? That shouldn’t have anything to do with why I’m not being tried where all of this supposed intent happened.” He hisses confused.


“You can’t go near Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor.”


“Mr District Attorney, your minute is perilously close to being up!” The judge declares, glaring over his glasses at him.


“Yes, your honour and my apologies for the delay. I am just waiting for my colleague...ah, here she is. Thank you for the court’s patience.”


“But he said he wasn’t coming to the trial!” He snipes.


“No, but he’s getting married at Alleghany to Justin today.”


“We call back to the stand Michael Charles Novotny!” The DA orders and I swear to god, I didn’t plan any of that!


“Mr Novotny, return to the stand immediately!” The judge shouts, but he waves the edict away.


“What do you mean they are getting fucking married?!” He shouts at me and once again, my guardian hero puts him on the ground. “Get the fuck off me, you pig!” He screams.


“Remove him from my court!” The judge bellows and it takes two guards to carry the screaming, shouting and swearing fucker out. After a few minutes of silence, the judge turns to the DA. “How close to your closing remarks are you?”


“A day, your honour.” He replies. “It’s cut and dried. With that statement alone, he’s hung himself.”


The judge nods and looks across at the jury, who have been looking increasingly unimpressed in the short space of time that we’ve been here. “Will the foreman please stand?” He does so. “Are you ready to consider your verdict?”


“Yes we are, your honour.” He replies while the rest of the jury nods.


“Please return the prisoner…”


MEETING ROOM 2 - 15 MINUTES LATER


MICHAEL


I am feeling pretty damn good! Despite the manhandling I received, the fact that the jury has gone out so quickly can only mean one thing. This bogus shit is over and done with! The only fly in my ointment is that Brian and that Baby Daddy are getting married! He is such an idiot! Getting him knocked up once was bad enough, but to do it twice is just plain stupid! But not to worry... I will ensure that their union is neither long nor happy!


Shawanda is still not speaking to me. I apologised for fuck sake! What more does she want?!


“Attention all attendees for Court 2! All attendees for Court 2! Return to court immediately!”


COURTROOM 2


FOREMAN


“Yes we have, your honour.”


“And this is agreed by you all and no dissenters?”


“Yes, your honour.”


“Thank you. The defendant will stand.” We all wait for him to do so and I swear, that man’s look of smugness would piss off the devil himself. The judge asks, “In the case of the State of Pennsylvania vs Michael Charles Novotny, how do you find the defendant?”


“We find the defendant, Michael Charles Novotny, guilty of all charges.”


“See! I told you! I told you this would happen! Nobody believed me but I knew that this would be the case! Or not as it turns out!” He stands up, punching the air in faux-victory. We all just stare at him and the court goes quiet as we watch him pick up his jacket, put it on and start to walk around the table


“Mr Novotny, where exactly are you going?” The judge asks having signalled the guards to wait.


“Home, of course! Well the Avenue, I have lots of friends that will put me up!  I have been found not guilty of this bogus bullshit and…” He looks around the room. “Why is everyone looking at me like that?”


“You’ve been found guilty, Mr Novotny, by a jury of your peers and betters. Return to your seat so I can pass sentence!” The judge turns back to me. “Thank you Mr Foreman, and the jury for your service. You and your colleagues are dismissed.”


“Thank you, your honour.”


As we file out, I look over my shoulder and see a stock still, pale as a ghost Michael Novotny sway and then collapse in a heap.


BRITIN - SUNDAY MORNING


MASTER BEDROOM


BRIAN


I can hear his grunts of frustration, but I have been told firmly by Nya that he has to ask for the help. She is from the school of you don’t ask, you don’t get! And if you are too stubborn to ask, then tough titty! I open my eyes and see his wonderful ass up in the air and my cock twitches. Well it does, until I realise he is reaching for something under the dresser, but can’t quite reach it because Sunbeam is in the way. He sits back down and scratches his side before nibbling his index finger. He tries again and then sighs in resignation.


“Brian?” He gets up, pads towards the bed and plonks down next to me. “Brian, can you help me please?”


“With what?” I open my eyes and look into the big blue ones of my husband then slide across to his side of the bed, motioning him to get in. He does so and turns towards me. “I asked with what?”


“My massage oil for my...uh...things...is under the dresser and…”


“What things?” I keep his chin tilted up and wait.


“Stretchmarks.” He mumbles.


“Stretch…” I begin. “...you don’t have stretch marks.” I point out.


“Because of the oils I have been using.” He argues.


“I see.” I reply sagely and get up. “No, stay there.” I order when he goes to follow me. “I’ll be back.” I reach under and find the errant bottle and get back in bed. He, in turn, reaches for it but I bat his hands away and start to read. “Okay, lift up your top and let your husband take care of you…”


ALLEGHANY HOSPITAL - MPREG UNIT - FOUR MONTHS LATER


JUSTIN’S SUITE


JUSTIN


I squeeze as hard as I can and relish the hiss of pain. “If you ever and I mean ever! Ow fuckity ow ow! Come near me again without at least…oh holy fucking hell...seventeen condoms on, I will...fuck...fuck...shit...dammit! I will rip your dick off and shove it up your nostrils!” He simply brushes the sweaty hair off my face and kisses me quiet. “Why aren’t you afraid or wincing?” I flinch at a slight stabbing pain.


“Two reasons, well actually three. One I love you very much, two that is not my hand you are holding and three you are going to go to sleep soon.”


“What do you mean not your hand?” I demand and look down.


“For the love of God, Justin let go!” Tobias screams and I look across at him. He has tears streaming down his face and Nya is almost on the floor in hysterics.


“Oopshe!” I giggle and release my grip. “You ludge me?” I focus on Brian now who is nodding and I think his other head is grinning. “Boo of you, libe this one rest.” I announce. “Moist mammary aga.”


“Okay Spitfire okay.”


“No moisty malarky sobyk hobeynoon.”


“Uh huh.”


“Oohbe boo pweritty!” I smile at him and again with the kissing. “Twissy kates. Veby kates!”


“Thank you. Now can you close those beautiful baby blues of yours for me?”


“Umbrnle. More kates arbout?” I mumble as my eyes slowly close.


“Yes Spitfire, more kisses after.” He replies as he strokes my hair.


BRIAN


As his breathing evens out and Dr Foster nods, I kiss his forehead one more time before they start to wheel him out. I gown up and turn to Nya. “Where’s Tobias?”


“Gone to get his hand cast. He broke two fingers.” She smirks. “He should be ashamed. I taught him a much stronger grip than that!”


“Mr Kinney-Taylor, are you coming?” The nurse pokes her head back in.


“Uh yeah.” I whisper and follow her out, making a mental note to ask about birth control. I happen to love two things: my dick attached to me and doing it raw with Justin and judging by the look on Nya’s face, she is very serious about that grip!


WAITING ROOM - SAME TIME


GUS


I keep looking at the door. I really hope they make it on time. It’s when I hear the thunder of feet and a familiar voice, I start to relax as Jenny comes flying through the door. “Bro! Did we miss it?!” She demands and I shake my head smiling at her. “Oh thank goodness! One second!” She cries before standing outside the door. “You can walk! He’s not popped out yet!”


“Marcus Peterson!” Another familiar voice barks. ”This is not a place to be shouting; moderate your voice!”


“Is he aware of the irony of that statement?” Kendi laughs and Kemi snickers. They both stop laughing in the face of Jenny’s glare but then she winks at them. I am so thankful for the counselling sessions we have been having. We’re a lot better than where we were, and she’s now the Zen master of algebra!


“No and I suggest you don’t tell him, unless you want your next semester to be there, too!” I point out as Drill Sergeant Hawk strides down the corridor with Momma by his side, almost running to keep up with him.


“Where’s Mom?” I ask, looking behind them and Momma just shakes her head.

 

 

 

“Oh crap, what did she spot this time?” I laugh.


“A rabbit.” Jenny sighs and then turns to Drill Sergeant Hawk. “Apologies, sir.”


“Accepted. No demerits as it is a special reason. Once your Momma is here, I shall return to the school.”


“Yes, sir and thank you, sir.” She says quietly, although I know she wants him, her mentor and favourite teacher, to stay but daren’t ask him.


“Sorry! Sorry!” Mom comes rushing through the door with three bags.


“Lindz!” Momma gasps, but then shakes her head. “Never mind. Thank goodness Britin is the size it is so they at least have the space for everything that you alone are buying them! And don’t for one second think I don’t see that bag behind those legs of yours, Ems!”


“Godfather privilege.” He sniffs and then zeroes in on Lindsay’s bags. “Did you get panda?”


“Yes!” She squeals and goes to sit next to him. Dirk just rolls his eyes. We all shake our heads as the two of them dump out their purchases, making sure that they haven’t doubled up on anything. The door opening brings in the Grandmas, Ted and Blake and immediately, they join them. They talk quietly for two minutes before all four head back out again.


“Where…” Kemi begins.


“Grandmothers privilege.” Grandmom Jen announces with a smile.


“So Ted...” Momma tilts her head to one side. “...you two are going because?”


“Fags like to shop whatever the occasion!” Ted replies smirking.


“Can’t argue that one, Madam Attorney.” Mom laughs before turning back to check the shopping.


“Right, Marcus Peterson, we will see you back at school in a week.”


“A week?!” She gasps. “I thought it would only be a couple of days, sir.”


“I spoke to the headmaster and he agreed that your exemplary behaviour, and continued improvement in calculus merited a reward. Enjoy your family time.”


“Th-thank you, sir.” She stammers and he turns to leave just as Aunt Nya and Uncle Tobias come in, him with his hand in a cast and a very unhappy expression on his face. I frown at her and she mouths Papa gripped...I wince.


“The worst he can say is thank you, but it is not my place.” Aunt Nya tells her and gives her a gentle push.


I watch as she calls out to him and he turns around. Two minutes later, they are both walking back so we take out seats and wait…


BRITIN - TWO WEEKS LATER


MASTER BEDROOM


JUSTIN


As much as I love the kids, and yes even Jenny has begun to grow on me, I am so glad they have gone back to school! Nya has booted everyone out with the words: it’s their time and anyone who has a problem with that can tell me why...in the boxing ring without a body shield. I don’t think I have ever seen a house empty so quickly! The house is so quiet that I can actually hear the slap of Brian’s feet against the floorboards as he comes back to the room and his gentle mutterings to Keanu.


“Did he enjoy his bath?” I ask, unbuttoning my pyjama top.


“Mmm. We need to restock the baby oil. I can’t think how we have gone through those two bottles so quickly.”


“Uh huh.” I take Keanu off him and move forward so he can shuffle behind us. “Wouldn’t have anything to do with you being six foot two, would it? That’s a lot of skin for that bottle to cover.”


“And the other bottle has to cover all five foot six of you...ouch! Eight! Five foot eight of you!”


I smirk up at him and get Keanu into position. As his little mouth wraps around my nipple, Brian wraps his arms around the pair of us and we watch him feed in silence. Soon Brian is swaying and gently burping him before putting him in his bassinet and joining me back in bed. “You need to express for the afternoon feed. You need your rest.” He orders gently and again, gets behind me so he can attach the pump and I rest against him as it does its thing.


“I am so happy. We’re a family. Mel, Lindz, Gus and Jenny are getting to be a family again and finally, the appeals process is over so he starts his 30 year prison sentence.”


“Mmm. You’d have thought he would’ve picked sense from nonsense when he kept getting the same appellate court.” Brian snickers.


I yawn sleepily and snuggle deeper into his chest. “Like Kiki said, the Avenue has spoken…”


“...loud and clear.” Brian whispers. “Do you think we will ever get used to it?”


“It will take some time, but yeah. Only we could have two baby girls that are both identical from different fathers and have an adorable baby boy…” We look across at our sleeping son.



“...who has one blue and one green eye.”


“And looks like a combination of all three of them when they were born.”


“Like I said. Only we could do that.”


“We’re a one of a kind pair. Now sleep, Spitfire.”


“Love you, Hotrod.”


“Love you, Spitfire.”


KEANU


“Waaaaaah!”


“We love you too, Sunbeam!”


“Ludgeootoo...” I mumble to them before joining my daddies in sleep.



The End.



http://caribbeanpot.com/the-ultimate-curry-corn-recipe/

 

Chapter End Notes:

So it's goodbye to Hotrod, Spitfire and Sunbeam...I hope you loved this as much as I ddi. Please review kindly and constructively. 

The End.
MissMerlot is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 26 members. Members who liked Carbon Copies also liked 884 other stories.