- Text Size +

CHAPTER 13 - LESSONS TAUGHT AND LEARNED - MAYBE?


OLD CHURCH HOUSE - SATURDAY MORNING


JUSTIN’S BEDROOM


HERO


That’s not his normal whimper. It’s different. I sit up and look at his body. This is very different. He’s not twisting and turning; he’s not reaching out for me. He’s calling for someone, but that’s not my name...I am Hero! Who is God and why does he keep saying yes? Should I get Molly? I stand up and try to see this God person, but there is nobody but us in his room. I edge closer to the bed and give a little whimper but he doesn’t seem to hear me...I edge a bit closer and rest my head on the bed and whimper louder.


“GOD YES!” He yells and then starts to shake. So I start to bark loudly and leap on the bed in protective mode. “Oooof! What the...H-Hero! Hush boy, hush…” He reaches for the light and turns it on. “I’m fine. I’m fi-fine.” He strokes my head and I feel better that he’s smiling. “Get down, boy.”


I get down and follow him to the bathroom. He’s walking funny... did he hurt himself? I sit and wait by the door for him to use the other big bowl...I’m not allowed to use the lower one.


“Come on, boy. Let’s go back to bed.”


LOFT - TWO HOURS LATER


MOONSHINE


It’s today! It’s today! I rush back to the bedroom and daddy is still not out of the big box. I sit down at his feet and give my best hurry up whine. He looks down at me and smiles. “Okay, okay Moon, I’ll hurry.”


Finally, he’s taking the leash out; I have my new coat on and we take the stairs. We walk up the street and I feel really proud because I have grown a whole inch since last week!  


“Hey, Moonshine! Moonshine!” I turn around to see who is calling me and stopping me from getting to my other happy place...Hero’s house! I wag my tail as I see Oscar coming up the street with his little mommy. “Hi! Are you excited as I am?!” He asks.


“Yes, we get to see Hero! And Blue! And Shiitake! And Nigel!” I wag my tail harder and hear daddy laughing.


“We’re almost there! Do you know what we’re doing?” Oscar asks.


“I’m not sure, but Hero is going to be teaching us something. He taught me how to walk properly off leash.” I say proudly. “In the park with our daddies. And when I went to sniff something bad, he would stop me. He’s so smart and kind.”


“Yeah, he is. Is that Shiitake?” I look up the street and it is him. Before I can greet him, daddy picks me up.


“Moon...you need to calm down, okay?” He gives me his behave look and I give a slow tail wag to let him know I will do so. He puts me down again and Oscar is also being spoken to by one of his daddies.


“Did you get told off too?” I whisper and he drops his head sadly. “Don’t worry they won’t send you back to the cold place.”


“Are you sure?”


“Yes. I chewed on something my first night and he just said I wasn’t to do it again.”


“You chewed something?!” Shiitake comes up to us. “I chewed something and the dwarf was really mad, but daddy wasn’t and…” He stops talking and is looking up the street as someone calls his daddy’s name. “Oh, she is so pretty!”


We all look where he is staring. “Hey guys. You’re supposed to be going inside now.” Hero tells us. “What are you looking...who is that?”


“That’s Blue. She’s got two mommies.” I tell him. “She’s so nice and fluffy.”


“Hi Shiitake, Moonshine...hello, I’m Blue.” She wags her tail and I’m sure that Hero stands taller when she says that.


“Okay, who are we waiting for...oh of course Daisy.” Shiitake sits down on the steps. “Her daddy takes so long to make sure she’s perfect!”


“I like Daisy.” Oscar tells us. “She’s so tiny and sometimes mommy puts me in with her.”


“Right, come on Nigel is waiting.”


OLD CHURCH HOUSE, LOUNGE


HERO


I can’t believe how pretty she is! I must remain focused though. Daddy and Molly come in with Nigel. I can hear Daisy’s daddy talking and there is another daddy I don’t recognise with him, but everyone else’s mommies and daddies look happy.


“Hero...here.” Daddy orders and I come to his side. He hunches down and plays with my ears, I love it when he plays with my ears. “I need you to keep an eye on them for me, okay? We’re going to be talking over there, so make sure they don’t get into anything they shouldn’t.” I wag my tail and lick his chin. “Good boy...you’re my good boy.”


I watch him go over and Moonshine’s daddy touches his butt...and he smiles! I don’t understand since when I do it, he squirms away. Daddies are very strange.


“Hero, what are you going to teach us?” Moonshine asks, sitting right in front of me.


“The rules of the house. Now follow me.” I tell him and lead them out and upstairs to the bathroom. “Right, see that big bowl over there with the lid? If the lid is up and the water is yellow don’t drink it. In fact, don’t drink out of there at all, no matter how thirsty you are. Always drink from your water bowls.” They wag their tails. “Now this…” I stand in front of the bath. “Is a bath. Now there are good ways and bad ways of having a bath. The best way is to just get it over with. They are doing a good thing for you and if you’re lucky, you get an extra special rub when you’re being dried.”


“I don’t understand.” Shiitake tilts his head.


“Remember in the cold place, they’d use the blowy thing?” Oscar asks and Shiitake wags his tail. “Well, my daddies don’t. They use a nice soft towel and rub really well and…”


“My mommy has to use a blowy thing because my fur is so thick.” Blue tells him. “But she’s super gentle.”


I lead them to the bedroom. “Those who are allowed to sleep on their mommy or daddy’s bed, sit down.” Nigel, Moonshine, Daisy and Blue sit down. “Okay Oscar and Shiitake, if you think that they won’t notice that you’ve been lying on it, they will.”


“The dwarf shouted at me.” Shiitake sighs “...and threw something at me. I hid under daddy’s bed until he stopped shouting.”


“He shouts at you?” Blue sits closer to him and I feel a little put out. “That’s not nice. You have to tell your daddy. He will make him stop.”


“He keeps looking at me as if I’m a dirty he’s stepped in. I’ve never done a dirty in the house, honest!” He whimpers and his ears droop.


Hmm, I don’t like the sound of this dwarf! I wonder if he’s the same person that came to the nice smelling place.


“I believe you. We all do.” I tell him and his ears start to lift. “So what else in here should you not touch or go into?”


“Oh my bigger daddy said I shouldn’t go into the big box.” Daisy says and sits in front of the place where all daddy’s clothes go.


“Absolutely not.” Moonshine agrees. “Daddy spends so much time, staring in there. I don’t understand why he needs to wear so many coats at the same time...all over.”


“Because they don’t have fur like us.” I explain. “So if they go out without their coats, then they would get cold.”


“Hero! Come!” I hear daddy call.


“Let’s go, don’t rush!” I order and make sure that I’m in front of Daisy so that if she stumbles at least, I can stop her going all the way down as she’s so little.


When we get downstairs, our mommies and daddies are waiting with our leashes. “Hero, are we going to the park?” Moonshine asks, his tail starting to wag.


“Yes, Moonshine we’re going to the park.”


ALLEGHENY RIVERFRONT PARK - AN HOUR LATER


JUSTIN


“Does anyone else think that…”


“Oh I always think that when they get together they talk.” Vic laughs.


I watch as they trot obediently after Hero, but slow enough for Princess Daisy to keep up. I am so glad that Emmy and Drew got back together because, among other things, Drew refuses to walk with Princess Daisy in her pushchair! Every so often, there is a growl or a yip at whoever was out of line or about to sniff something he doesn’t think they should.


“Come men to arms!” I hear someone yell and freeze.


“You’re kidding me?!” I gasp at Vic, who frowns. “Captain Mouthyass and his MUMs know this place?!”


“Captain who and his what?” Brian demands and I explain to them the new names.


“Oh we have got to see what they are doing!” Blake exclaims. “Oscar, come!” He trots over obediently. Soon all the furballs, as Amy calls them, are on leashes and we follow the sound of his whine.


“What can you see?!” I demand of Brian, who is looking over the wall. He rifles through his pockets and finds his phone and then places it carefully on the wall and gets us to keep quiet. “Brian!” I hiss at him, but he waves me quiet. “But Brian…!” I hiss again.


“Justin, shush!” He orders, glaring at me.


“Don’t look at me like that!” I glower back. “I was just pointing out that we might need to be closer so we can…” I trail off when his glare softens to the same look he gave me within his office. “Being quiet now.” I mumble, not wanting to have an al fresco demonstration of his skills right now.


INNER COPSE


MICHAEL


I have taken some cushions from the house and empty them out of the garbage bag. “Right, this is basic, but these represent areas of the soon to be resurrected Liberty Diner.” I place them on the ground. “So here is where I will be, at the front. We will keep the hostess stand but get rid of Kiki, the tranny traitor. The wall between the two areas will be gone and…”


“My Captain, what about the food?” Albert asks.


“Heathan will have to learn the recipes, of course.” I retort.


“But why, my Captain? I thought that we were going to restore the diner to its former glory.”


“We need the taking back of the diner to hurt. And by keeping his food the same, but throwing him the fuck out, it will hurt and…”


“Oh no fucking way, are you doing that?!” A voice shouts and I see the Fat Ass storming towards me.


“My Captain, we will defend you!” Royston shouts.


“NO!” I order. “Retreat to safety! I am able to take this mere human! Let him come!”


As he comes closer, I get a look at his expression and decide that maybe this was a bad idea. He looks really fucked off!


Mere human!” He shouts as he gets closer and I start to back away, but I trip over the cushion behind me and land flat on my ass. He ends up standing above me. “You will not be taking over anything that I fucking own, you limp noodle dicked moron!”


I look around for something to attack him with and decide to kick out instead and I connect with his knee. I feel glee when he hops backwards, giving me enough space to get up and get ready to square up to him.


“Captain, look out!” Heathan shouts and I can’t see anything to worry over.


“Heel! For fuck sake, heel!” I hear a familiar voice shout and running towards me are a pack of yapping dogs. Leading the way is the dog of the Fat Ass and he is bearing down fast...very fast!


I turn to run away and again trip on the cushion, but scramble up and start to run. “Captain! This way! No, this way!” Someone is shouting, but the dogs are chasing me away from the safety of my men!


“CAPTAIN! THE WATER, THE WATER!”


I skid on some dog shit and go flying forward, sliding across the path while skinning my face. I finally stop and land head first into the lake where they wash their dogs! I take in a mouthful of water and want to vomit as I almost sink to the bottom! Thankfully it’s not deep, but it is filthy and putrid!


HERO


I was so mad when he kicked at my daddy but when I saw exactly who it was, I ordered everyone to defend him and to get the dwarf back for being mean to Shiitake. I easily passed daddy and was determined to get him. But then he slipped on a dirty and went into the muddy pool!


“Don’t you ever hurt my daddy or Shiitake again!” I bark at him and growl for emphasis. He’s standing in the water, shaking and spitting. “You’re the dirty dwarf now!” I back away, keeping my eyes on him. I can hear daddy shouting for me and with a final bark, I run back to him.


“Hero!” Daddy throws his arms round me. “Good boy! You lived up to your name!” He’s back sitting on the floor with Moonshine’s daddy, looking at his knee.


“What happened, Hero?” Moonshine asks, panting slightly. “We decided to stop the other meanies coming after you. Daisy was really brave!”


“She was?” I look at her in the arms of her bigger daddy. “What did she do?”


“She told us to go for the meanies and led the way! So what happened?”


“I chased him to the dirty pool. Then I told him to leave my daddy and Shiitake alone.” I feel my leash being put back on and Moonshine’s daddy is helping my daddy to stand up.


“Come on let’s take our heroes and heroines home.” Daisy’s daddy says.


VIC AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


LOUNGE


VIC


Shiitake is tucking into some steak. Justin insisted on stopping off at LFD and took out some steaks for us to take home for them. I lightly fried it off and he was unsure at first until I nodded. I hear the front door open and look up and manage to stifle my laughter at the memory of him skidding into the pool.


“Hey, how was your day?”


“Okay.” He mumbles and starts to go upstairs. “Where were you today?


“Out with friends. Why?” I reply and bite my lip as he still is yet to look at me. “You okay? You weren’t wearing those when you left.” I indicate his attire.


“I had an accident at work.”


“Oh my goodness, come down and let me see!” I order.


“No it’s alright, I’ve…”


“Michael, come down here now!” I order and slowly he starts to turn around, coming down the stairs. “Holy fuck, what happened?!”



“I had an accident. But they’ve said I will be fine. Just need the scrapes to heal. Don’t worry. I am going to rest.”


“You do that.” I tell him and when he is safely in his room, I bury my head in Shiitake’s fur and laugh until my ribs hurt.


OLD CHURCH HOUSE - SAME TIME


JUSTIN’S BEDROOM

 

 

JUSTIN


“Brian…” I protest as he glowers down at me. “Fine. I am sorry that I ran at him but he…”


“But nothing!” He snaps. “You took off without any back-up and you don’t know Michael. He’s, as your knee has found out, a dirty fighter.” He sits down on the bed next to me. “Is it swelling?”


“No, but there is going to be a bruise though...see?” I roll up my jeans leg to show him my yellowing knee and I watch transfixed as he gently brushes my bruise before lowering his head to kiss it.


“Owies need to be kissed better.” He looks up at me through his lashes. “Anywhere else hurt?”


“Um…” I point to my tummy, though not sure why!


“Lie down please.” I do so slowly our eyes locked on each other. “Let me see here!” He murmurs and gently pushes up my top.


“Brian, wait.” I put my hand on his arm and he frowns. “Lock the door.”


“Good idea!” He laughs and does so before coming to lie back down. “Now where was I? Oh I see what you mean, I think there is definitely some tenderness, all that running…” He lowers his head and I squirm under the soft butterfly kisses and nips he places on my stomach.


“Th-that’s fine, it’s feeling better now!” I stammer and feel him smile before he slides up until we’re face to face. “Here…” I point to my mouth.


“Yes, definitely looking very pink and swollen.” He murmurs and as he lowers his head, my eyes start to close in anticipation. The gentleness of the kiss is a surprise; when he slides his tongue slowly into my mouth my eyes close completely...and we forget about everything but what we are doing now.


BRANDON’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


LOUNGE


BEN


“Oh holy…! Yeah….gnnh!” Brandon yelps as I deep throat him. “Ben! Pleaaaasee stop!”


The urgency in his voice makes me pause and I slowly release him. “You okay?”


“No!” He snaps and drops his head back on the sofa.


Okay what the hell?!


“And you are reacting like this because?” I ask, sitting next to him.


“I-I didn’t mean to snap. It’s just it felt so good and...”


“It’s supposed to feel good.” I point out and he gives me a small smile. “What is it?” I ask gently.


“I…” He takes a deep breath. “Apparently, I don’t taste good.” He mutters. I blink for a few seconds. “My last boyfriend took great pleasure in telling me that.” He goes bright red.


“Let me be the judge of that.” I whisper and kiss him softly and go back between his legs. I slowly suckle at his head to taste the pre-cum and think to myself his ex was an idiot! His hands scrabble in my hair and I keep my head still, letting him control the situation. Slowly he starts to feed me his cock and ten minutes later, we are grinning at each other. “Now you be the judge.” I tell him before kissing him deeply. When I lift my head, he looks stunned before he licks his lips.


“Not bad, not bad at all.” He grins and then reaches for my zipper.


VIC AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


MICHAEL’S BEDROOM


MICHAEL


I look at what that fucking dog made happen! If he hadn’t been chasing me, I wouldn’t have had to run. I can still taste the bottom of that fucking pond! I hate that dog! I hate that Fat Ass bastard! I don’t care what I have to do, I am going to get him gone!


I am also fucking pissed that Uncle Vic had his fucking shit-dog eating steak! Steak! I haven’t had a proper steak for months! He’s insisted that we do our own shopping and that we have separate fridges. He fucking padlocks his!


My phone rings and it’s Heathan. I put him on speaker. “My Captain, how are you?”


“How do you think?!” I snap at him. “Sore!”


“Sorry we couldn’t wait with you at the hospital, but we all had to go back to work.”


“I told you all to take the day off so we could strategize! How was that order not followed through?!”


“Cyril said no…”


“Said no what?” I demand, needing to be pissed at someone and he will do.


“To being off for longer than I was. Sorry but I have to go. We’re really busy today.”


“You forgot to...wait...why are we busier than normal?” I demand.


“The other place was closed for today.”


“What do you mean closed?!” I demand, forgetting about his lack of addressing me properly.


“They were closed. Sorry Michael, but I have to go!” Before I can say anything else, he hangs up.


I rush downstairs and find Uncle Vic stretched out on the sofa. “No work?” I ask casually.


“No. Emmett is hosting a private event this evening so it’s closed. Drew and the Ironmen are there.”


“Emmett and Drew are talking again?” I wince as my face pulls when I frown.


“Oh yes, they are at least doing that!” He laughs.


“Isn’t it a little too early for them to be doing that?” He looks up at me. “Closing off the diner, I mean.”


“The diner is not closed; it is hired for a private event. For which he will still be paid.” He stares at me for a bit. “Same for tomorrow too. Brian has hired it for a Kinnetic event.”


“Brian has hired that place?! What’s wrong with LAFF?!”


“I’m going to watch my soaps and not answer such a stupid question! Shiitake...come boy!” I glower as that shit-dog makes himself comfortable on his chest and they turn their faces back to the TV.

 

I make my way resentfully back upstairs and seethe with annoyance. I know that I am not as close to Brian as I used to be, but why is he helping him to survive? Why?!

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks