- Text Size +

CHAPTER 27 - THREE LIONS, THE TWIT, A BITCH AND HER WARDROBE


JUSTIN’S HOUSE - 30 MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


“This is the most...kiss...delicious...kiss...cupcake...kiss...ever.”


“I’m glad you like it.” He licks the corner of my mouth. “Now you need to get some rest.”


“Rest?” I stroke his wrist. “Why?”


“You are going to need your strength.” He pats me on the ass to get me to stand and I bite my lip. “Justin, we don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do, okay?”


“I want to. But I’m supposed to give you a word and I don’t know what the word should be and I know I should think of one and I have to think of one before you start and…” He places his finger on my lips to stop me talking.


“Take a breath.”


“Kitten.”


“Okay, take a breath kitten.”


“No. That’s my word...kitten.”


“Come on Sunshine, let’s go to bed.”


“Wait, what happened to kitten?” I frown as he leads us upstairs.


“That is for then. Sunshine is for everyday use.”


“Oh. So what’s twat for?”


“When you are being an idiot.” He smiles as he opens the bedroom door. “Want them up or you think I can be protection enough?”


“You can never be enough. But I don’t have a nickname for you.” I frown.


Once again, he strips me slowly before putting the silk pyjama top on me and the bottoms on himself. “Boyfriend. And that’s a fact, not a nickname. Now get in.”


BRANDON’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


KITCHEN


BEN


I have never seen a man look so pleased with himself in my entire life! Well, I have but right now Brandon is virtually dancing round the kitchen as he finally let me bottom! Yes we have had sex, but I have always made love to him. However, earlier this evening he made very slow and very tender love to me and I need a coffee amongst other things!


“You know what?” Brandon puts two cups of steaming coffee down and sits next to me.


“No, what?”


“I have never been so happy as I am right in this moment. You, Star and YEP...just happy.”


“Me neither. Well I have been happier…”


“When was that?” He asks quietly.


“About an hour ago.” I pull him to me and kiss him gently.


CHIQUE BOUTIQUE - SAME TIME


LINDSAY


I know I shouldn’t, but this is the most exquisite pant suit I have ever seen! The committee meeting didn’t happen in the end because Naomi and Theresa were both ill. And since I am not welcome at home, I thought I would do some stocktaking. It being for my wardrobe is not the point and what they don’t know won’t harm them.


Although I had to take the stuff to goodwill as a term of my return, I have, however, been steadily buying it back and have almost gotten it all. They can’t complain as I am paying for it now, but that of course stops with the new stock I have been taking in. Rather fortuitously, I have found another goodwill store out of town to take my old stock to, and they just take the stock in; there’s none of this emailing business. Happily, the committee has been recommending my drop off services to their friends as well...


So after Lil Miss Nancy Drew Jnr got curious, I have decide to leave my purchases here. I have even bought a special wardrobe for it. It’s in the apartment above the shop. I have created a walk-in closet as it were.


“Now let’s see what I can swap this for?” I say to myself.


VIC AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE


MICHAEL’S BEDROOM


MICHAEL


I look at the massive stain on my shirt and can’t even blame his shit-dog for putting it there. I absolutely stank of dog piss after a hellhound jumped up at me and I slopped it on myself! I had a shower that those bitches, at least, didn’t begrudge me, although they did laugh! I have to say, there is some top quality stuff in there, much better than the stuff I hoarded from the Big Q before I was fired. I might just have to take the odd sample home for research purposes, of course. Hmm, must find out the bitches’ shifts so that I will do it when they’re not there.


Speaking of not there, Heathan was off today and there was no Eric so I had no one to tease or drool over...still not convinced he isn’t gay!


“Michael!” Uncle Vic calls up to me. “Phone!”


“Who is it?” I shout back as I come out of my room.


“I am not your concierge service, so get your ass down here and find out or I hang up!”


I rush down the stairs and snatch the phone, glaring at him as he goes back to watch TV. “Hello. Oh hello Royston, how are you? Why aren’t you phoning on my cell? No, you didn’t. I would’ve heard it ring! Are you calling your Captain a liar? Good! Now what was it you wanted? I’ll be there in 20 minutes. Don’t go in without me!”


“I take it you’re going out, then?” Uncle Vic calls out.


“Yes, I’m meeting the guys at…”


“Woody’s perchance?” He interrupts.


“No. Babylon actually.” I retort.


“It’s a bit early for Babylon. It’s only just gone nine.”


“The Abs of Steel contest is on and…”


“You’re not entering, are you?!” He turns to look at me with a weird expression.


“No, I am not…” I begin.


“Oh thank fuck for that. You running around like the Saviour of Nowheresville is bad enough!”


“Saviour of…just what is wrong with wanting the old diner back?” I demand.


“People have moved on and besides you can’t cook. Who would work for you?”


“Heathan and the rest of the boys.”


“From what I’ve heard and seen of the rest of the boys, they are finding other ways to amuse themselves.” He sighs. “Michael, you can’t live in the past especially on glories that aren’t yours. I had hoped that the ass ripping and caning you got over the weekend would’ve gotten through but it hasn’t, has it?”


“How did...why did she tell you?!” I whine, my face flushing.


“She didn’t. It was Carl that told me…”


“Bet he was so thrilled to carp about my embarrassment after he stole…”


“He never stole your mother before you finish that sentence. She’s not a piece of property, well not your piece of property. She made a choice to go to Missouri and start her life anew and she’s happy there. Now do yourself a favour by growing up and living life in the real world. You are never going to get the diner space; you are never going to be the legend you want to be and you most definitely are not going to get Eric!”


“He’s not straight!” I snap. “He’s most probably just too much of a gentlemen to let Molly down gently.”


“You need to, as Gus says, get your head read! He is straight and he likes Molly, just like Brian is gay…”


“Everyone knows Brian is gay!” I snort.


“And everyone knows he also really likes Justin!” He snaps back.


“This invisible Justin, seems to have scampered off somewhere and Brian doesn’t look like he’s pining from what I have seen of him round the Avenue.” I sneer smugly.


“You only see what you want. Justin is on his culinary course in New York, but will be coming back on Saturday with Brian, who went to see him on Wednesday night.”


“Rubbish. It’s the Abs of Steel contest and Brian never misses that!”


Missed. Past tense. When was the last time you saw Brian, I mean actually saw him? The Stud of Liberty Avenue has a dog, a boyfriend and above all else, he doesn't want to change that! You know that he and Emmy are in business together?”


“Doing what? Rent-an-orgy?” I laugh.


“In Emmy’s catering business and he helped him to go into business with Justin and Molly.”


“What?! When did that happen? Why isn’t he helping me to do things? We’ve been friends since high school!”


“He’s been in business with Emmy for over 5 years and what things would you have him help you do?” His tone is cold and brusque.


“I don’t know. I like comics and superhero stuff so maybe by a comic book store? I could ask him to help me do that?”


“Where’s your business plan? Where’s your collateral or investment money?”


“He has the money so he can take care of all that. He can buy the store and stuff and I can manage it for him!”


“Are you out of your mind?!”


“I have experience! I was the manager at the Big Q!”


“Where you got fired for misappropriating and playing with the stock!”


“I never misappropriated, whatever that means, anything!”


“Then why do we have half the Big Q’s toiletry aisle in the attic? And speaking of the attic, put her tees and vests back. She wants me to ship them to her. Apparently, Gilda wants them.”


“I don’t have her tees and vests.” I mutter. “What does that old bat want them for anyway...ouch! What was the slap for?!” I demand, rubbing the side of my head.


“Your lack of manners, good grace, common sense, humanity...need I go on?”


“Seriously Uncle Vic, what the heck is wrong with you? Where has all of this come from?”


“Michael.” He sighs and folds his arms before looking me dead in the eye. “I want you out of this house. I will give you two weeks to find somewhere to go, but I can’t live with you anymore.”


“Wait a second! What? Where am I going to live?”


“Ask one of your friends, when you go and meet them in supposedly the next 5 minutes…”


“Oh shit! Look we’ll talk tomorrow when I’m back and you’re calmer, okay? We’ll talk then. Okay?”


“Not okay, my decision is made, I’m done talking and you’re not listening. Enjoy your evening.”


He returns to the sofa and turns up the volume on the TV.


Whatever the fuck is wrong with him, I’ll find out tomorrow! Right now, I have abs to drool over!


LINDSAY AND NORMAN’S HOUSE - LATE EVENING


LOUNGE


NORMAN


She is standing there astonished. “Where did you hear that from?”


“It doesn’t matter where I heard it from. Is it true?” Gus demands.


“No, of course not!” She looks at me. “Norman, you can’t seriously believe I would cheat on you after all we’ve been through to be together?”


“Are you calling Gus, who takes after his father in the honesty stakes, a liar?” I ask quietly.


“No, but he may have misheard that about me.”


“How do you mishear your mom got her pussy eaten?! What could you possibly confuse that with?!” Gus snarls, his face red with fury.


“I-I don’t know, but that never happened. I promise both of you, it never happened.” She looks beseeching and convincing.


I sigh. “I believe you...just. But be careful Lindth, because if it turns out to be true, you will be gone.”


“Even if it is a lie, I don’t want to stay with you anymore!” Gus spits and we both stare at him in shock. “Dad…”


“Now Gus, I know you’re mad at the moment but…” Lindsay reaches for him but he steps back from her touch.


“Dad has bought the loft below him.” He continues looking at me. “He said I could stay there. We’ve been talking.”


“I see…”


“That’s what I was going to talk to you about, Norm. But then I heard, what I heard.” He looks for understanding and he finds it.


“When are you going to go?”


“Norman! He is my son and he’s…”


“Going to stay with his father!” I snap at her. “Just for the time being...okay, Gus? For the time being, you two definitely need distance.”


“Okay, thanks Norm. I want to go at the weekend. Dad’s back from New York then. I don’t want to move in without him being there.”


“Don’t I get a say in this?!” Lindsay demands and pleads both at the same time.


“NO!” We both shout at her.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks