- Text Size +

CHAPTER 8 - LET THE HEAD FUCKING AND HEART MENDING BEGIN


VIC AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - SATURDAY NIGHT


MICHAEL


Uncle Vic is still not talking to me. He says that my behaviour was abominable and he’s ashamed of me. I have kept out of his way and now finally he’s gone to, and I use the word loosely, work. The door knocking heralds the arrival of my comrades in arms.


“Enter quickly. We have many plans to make!” I order and we settle down. They look expectantly up at me. “It is as I feared. The Avenue has turned its back and is being led by, of all people, my uncle.” They look at me astonished. “Yes, we have a true traitor in my family, but I have a plan. Did you bring your laptops as I ordered?” They nod. “Then we must commence our reviews.”


For the next hour, we submit review after review slating the place. We feel good. Liberty Avenue will soon be restored to its former and glowing glory!


ALLEGHENY RIVERFRONT PARK - SUNDAY MORNING


BRIAN


It is so beautiful and peaceful here. Moonshine is going nuts, stopping and sniffing everything. As I watch the world go by something catches my eye and that something is a highrise bubble butt blonde.


“Morning, Justin!” I call out and regret it because he almost falls over in surprise and Hero is immediately in defensive mode.


“Jesus, Brian!” He gasps. “Don’t do that! Down Hero!” He orders.


“Sorry, I’m sorry. What are you doing here apart from loo...jogging?”


“This is our favourite park. I love the water and they do the best, and I mean the best, hot chocolate down there.” He points somewhere ahead and all I can think of is how great he would look covered in chocolate! Or just one part of him covered in chocolate followed by that part being swallowed by my hot mouth and...oh shit! I immediately look up to his face and then look down again. He frowns at my expression. “What’s wrong?”


“You’re peeking out your shorts.” I say as quietly as I can and he opens and then closes his mouth before going as red as autumn leaves. “Just step close for a second.” I order and he’s so mortified, he does as he’s told. “Now adjust.”


“Thank you.” He mumbles. “That was so embarrassing!”


“Oh, I don’t know. A man likes to see what he’s going to get, doesn’t he?”


“Going to get?” He echoes just staring up at me in confusion.


“Hmm, in order for us to play fuck with the dumbass, it has to be somewhat convincing, does it not?”


“How the hell are you two friends?” He snorts...which my dick hears loud and clear!


“We were close once, but not anymore. I like to use my intellect for good. Can he go off lead?”


“Yes, but not here. He’s got his favourite spot, just down there, rather conveniently near the hot chocolate stand!”


“How fortuitous.” I laugh and cock my elbow and he slides his in. “Shall we?”


“Indeed, we shall.”


As we walk, we just talk about this and that but keep chuckling as Moonshine trots dutifully at Hero’s side. Anytime Moonshine wants to go and sniff something, all it takes is a yip or a low growl and he’s back in line instantly.


“He really likes him.” Justin says quietly.


“Reckon so.” I look down at him and he looks tired. “You glad it’s over?”


“Huh?”


“Soft opening?”


“Yeah, it was great. But, I am bushed. Oh here it is. Do you want anything?” He looks up at me with those tired, but beautiful blue eyes and I steer him to a shaded table to make him sit down. “Thanks. Hot chocolate with a coffee shot and extra cream please.” He responds to my questioning look. “Can you take him off the lead please? Moonshine will be fine to be off, too.”


I do as he asks and then go for our drinks, but there is a bit of a queue. By the time I come back, he’s barely keeping his eyes open. “Justin. Justin.” I gently nudge him and he takes the cup gratefully and scrapes the cream off. “Okay why…”


“Hero loves cream.”


“Too easy!” I snicker and he pokes out his tongue at me, then yawns. “Okay, that’s it. Come on.”


“What? Where are we going? Hero, heel!”


“Home.” I reply and pull out my phone. Ten minutes later, the car pulls up. “He’s got little legs!”


“You are so whip…”


“Get in and be quiet!” I order. As I watch him clamber in and sink back into the seat, within minutes he is sound asleep with Moonshine on his feet and resting his head on Hero...I have never been so jealous of two dogs in my life!


YOUTH EDUCATION PROGRAM, SHADYSIDE - MONDAY MORNING


ANNALISE


“And you are worried about this because?” Mom asks as she looks round the large rec room.


“You know what I am like. I just want it to be perfect.”


“And honey, it will be. You wouldn’t have sites in New York or Cali if your blueprint didn’t work.” Dad calls over his shoulder. “I’ve heard nothing but good things about them...all three of them, in fact.”


“Who...no mom, that’s not quite dry!” She quickly stops herself from leaning against the window sill.


“Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt and Brandon Jurgenson.”


“Heard or snooped?” I ask with a grin at my still overprotective dad.


“Snooped.” He replies with no shame and his boyish smirk. “What time are you call...okay, dad is backing off now!”


“Thank you, darling. Leave her to it.” Mom softens her glare. ”She’ll holler when she needs help.”


“I know but…”


“But nothing...have you not seen Leda! Now if there was one woman who, and I am quoting you directly, would be perfect for my princess if she would just lower her drawbridge.  They love each other greatly and I do believe, it was Leda who asked Annalise out and look where they are now. Now stop your fetching and carrying on. But I do agree, the community has to support and put towards, too. Hopefully this meeting with Kinnetic will pay off.”


KINNETIC - SAME TIME


BRIAN’S OFFICE


BEN


“So where were you last night?” Kocky teases me and I grimace. “You had to tooth-check-him, didn’t you?”


“Yeah! First rule of blow jobs...cover your fucking teeth. Which in his case seemed to be filed to a point. It was like putting my dick in a meat grinder!”


“You know that Michael is called Batter-up Boy?”


“Batter-up Boy? What on earth for?”


“Because his tongue bats at a dick like a cat does a string. Apparently, it’s neither pretty to feel and definitely not to see! One time I was against a wall, watching him do his thang and the guy yawned. He yawned! I would be beyond mortified and be honing my skills immediately. Anyway, I know that Emmy is going to be pissed. But I have an idea that is completely nothing, well almost nothing, to do with their past relationship. What is the one thing that fags love?”


“Fucking?” I reply.


“Out of bed and covered in fur, you idiot!”


“Dogs.”


“Right. I have to run an ad for Therapy Dogs of the USA. Was thinking of, using Hero as say like a teacher, telling the new puppies how they have to behave, like a drill sergeant …”


“I like it. He says things like, do not drink out of the big white bowl; no chewing the shoes...wait! Why would Emmy be upset?”


“We need a celebrity to be the voice of Hero and…”


“Boyd?”


“Yeah. But right now we need to concentrate on Stroud. Emmy is...here!”


I turn round to see a very flustered Emmy, rushing into the room. “Brian!” He squeals and throws his phone at Kocky before flinging himself onto the sofa. Kocky manages to catch the phone and I go to calm him down.


“What’s happened?” I manage to get a sobbing Emmy into my arms.


“Reviews are in. Holy fuck!”


BRIAN


As I read them, I can’t believe that this is the same place we were in compared to whomever left these reviews. They are fucking nasty!


“Have Justin and Molly seen these?” He shakes his head. “Hang on a second!” I stalk out of to find Cynthia and when I do, I ask her to get our IT geniuses on standby because I want to find out who left these fucking reviews! When I get back into my office, Emmy has calmed down. “Has Vic seen them?” Again, he shakes his head. I keep scrolling through to see if I can spot anything and I notice that one review says that they were unceremoniously thrown out by management because they dared to question the ability of the cook to make a pasta.


“Michael!” I growl.


“What about the dumbass?” Bucky asks, handing Emmy a tissue.


“Read this.” I say as I join them on the sofa and Emmy sniffs into my shoulder.


“Is he actually fucking kidding? How did he think he would get away with that?!” Bucky growls.


“What? What’s he done?” Emmy looks up.


“He’s left a nasty review and I am betting that he’s got his band of Unfuckables to do the same. We need to call Vic and let him know.”


An hour later, Vic is in the office with Cyril from LAFF and we are watching the surveillance disc in furious and astonished silence.


“I’m going to kill him!” Vic growls.


“No, don’t! Let him think he’s going to succeed in whatever it is he’s planning.” Bucky smiles grimly. “It will make the headfucking so much sweeter when he realises! Now tell him.”


I jostle Emmy gently so he’s sitting up. “Ems, I have to do my Therapy Dogs ad this year and we want to use Hero…”


“And you want me to ask Justin?” He queries.


“No, I’ll ask him. It’s the voice over. We want to use someone high profile and butch and…”


“Drew?” He asks quietly.


“Yeah. If you want we…”


“No, Brian this is your business. His stock is high and we would cross paths at some point, so it might as well be sooner than later. At least, it won’t be a surprise when we do.”


“Okay, go get yourself cleaned up and bring your Honeycutt A-Game!”


“Don’t call me Honeycutt!” He gives me a watery smile and heads to the en suite.


TWO HOURS LATER


ANNALISE


I am so going to kill her! We, as in Brandon and I, are walking into Kinnetic with Blue, my suddenly new Chow-Chow. I am going to kill Leda! I smile at the receptionist.


“Hi, my name is Eva and you must be Annalise Stroud and Brandon Jurgenson.” She grins at us.


“Ah a heads up has been given, I see.” I laugh.


“Yes. Let me take you two to the break room first. You can meet Moonshine and settle...oh, what’s his name?”


“Blue.” I reply, following her and marvelling at the rawness of the office. I like this place; I like it a lot.




“As if it could be anything else! Here we are.” She opens the door carefully and Blue is immediately wriggling to get down and investigate this new being! An hour later, he and Moonshine are buddies and sleeping happily in a puppy pile!


“Are you ready, Ms Stroud and Mr Jurgenson?” Eva pops her head in.


“Oh yes, thanks. Lead the way.” Brandon replies.


BRIAN’S OFFICE


JUSTIN


They told me what Michael did. And while I’m unsurprised, I am fucking furious! I was all set to go round and give him a taste of my temper, but was persuaded not to. I was also persuaded to allow Hero to appear in the ad that Brian does for the Therapy Dogs. I look up as the door knocks and Annalise comes in, smiling. For the next hour, we discuss the sponsorship and agree that Kinnetic will sponsor, Liberty Fine Dining will provide the food and GLC will spread the word.


And nobody says anything about Ben’s interest bucking up when he’s introduced to Brandon!


ASPCA-PITTSBURGH DOWNTOWN - A WEEK LATER


BEN

 

“What are we doing here again?” Blake signs to me as Amy is with us.


“Picking puppies or small dogs for the Therapy Dog ad.” I sign back.


“Hi guys!” The same vet tech greets us. “I’ve got some really cute…” She pauses and then looks around before signing. “Who is deaf?” Amy puts up her hand. “Okay.” She signs. “I have some really cute dogs and puppies for you to choose from. Let’s go see them.”


Kocky hasn’t said a word since we got here. Two hours later, I understand why!


“I hate you, Kinney. I hate you with a passion!” Ted grumbles as Amy beams from ear to ear and carefully totes Oscar to the car:



Next out, being licked to death is Vic! “How, just how, am I holding Shiitake?!”



Justin is laughing at Molly’s outraged expression. “You are not calling him Buttface! He’s going to be called Nigel. He looks like a Nigel.”



As we head back to the cars, Emmy looks sad. “What’s up, buttercup?” I nudge him.


“I just wish I got one, but all the dogs are just a tiny bit too big.” He sighs, but then smiles a little. “But I know my perfect pooch is out there somewhere!”


Again with the Kocky Kinney smirk.


“Will this princess do?” A voice asks and everyone stops as out of a car comes Drew Boyd, holding a very little but very cute teacup poodle.



Nobody says a word. “She’s a peace offering, that’s all. I know you always wanted one. I’m sorry for the way I treated you, I truly am. But don’t take it out on her.”


Emmy, even though he is slack jawed in shock, reaches out to take the poodle from Drew’s arms, then clears his throat. “I would never do that and as peace offerings go, she’s adorable. But you are still on my shit list and have a lot of work to do to get off of that! Now hold Princess Daisy for a minute!” Drew obediently takes her and Emmy stalks back into the center.


As soon as the door shuts behind him, everyone turns to Kocky, who glares at Drew. “Fuck it up with him again and they will never find your body.”


“I won’t, I promise. I love him.” Drew replies softly.


BRIAN


I look down as Amy tugs at my hand. “What’s up, darling girl?” I sign.


“Why didn’t Uncle Ben get a dog?” She signs.

 

“His top dog came a few hours back; he’s just not collected him yet. But he will.” I sign back and snicker as Bucky goes bright red.

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks