- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 14 - A NEW DAY...AND NEW MOON DAWNS

CALISTA’S ESTATE - LATE MORNING, DAY 14

BEDROOM

CALISTA


After a fitful night’s sleep, I get up and stagger towards the bathroom. Once I feel a bit more refreshed, I head downstairs. “Uh, Calista!” Zephyra cries out. “A little help please!”


I trudge back upstairs and collect her. “We have to do something about this. I am not carrying you around all the time.” I grumble and shake my head to clear my thoughts. “Tibi porto (carry yourself)!” I incant and let go. Immediately, she bounces down the stairs but doesn’t shatter. She rolls towards the lounge before coming to a stop. I take my time about picking her up and when I do, she is glowering at me. “Well that didn’t work!”


“No, it didn’t!” She snaps, rubbing her head. “A little warning next time would be nice so I can brace myself for impact!”


“Okay, let me try again.” I sigh, and hide my smirk at her outraged expression as she raises her hands. “Morbi sequere (float and follow).” I incant. As I move away, she rises from my hand and drifts after me.


“Oh, this is more like it!” She sits down at the bottom of her bowl and wherever I go, she follows.


“Perfect.” I sigh and head into the kitchen to make some coffee. As I sip in silence, I realise something. There is silence! I open the door and stare at Zephyra, who seems frozen in place. Her bowl is suspended in mid air, but neither her nor the water are moving. But as per usual, her mouth is wide open.


“Zephyra!” I call out and suddenly she moves.


“What are you shouting for?” She grumbles.


“You were very still and quiet.” I say and leave the door open so she floats in. “As a matter of interest, aren’t you hungry?”


She frowns and gives it some thought. “Actually, no…”


We aren’t you. When we transformed her, we took away her need to eat but not her need to feed and feel.


Get out of my fucking head!


Nope! The problem with all that power throbbing through you is that you leave yourself open for invasion. Oh by the way… tick-tock-tick-tock!


“Calista!” Zephyra shouts at me. “You okay? You zoned out.”


“Fine… I’m fine.” I reply and sigh.


“What?”


“I just feel so out of sorts right now. No matter though; all will be as it should be very soon. Now, about Byron... where does he live?”


“He has a 4th floor loft on Tremont.” She shakes her head.


“What?”


“Oh nothing. So are you going to go there, then?”


“Yes, I fully intend to be there waiting for him when he comes home.” I smile.


“Shame I can’t watch. He’s great in action.” She sighs.


“Oh, but you can. I wouldn’t know anything without you, so the least I can do is let you… he’s back. I can sense him! Finally!” I cry out and smile. “Our time is near! Come on. You can help me pick out a suitable fucking outfit!”


“Is he still sad about that twink?” She asks, maliciously.


“Oh yes, indeed.”


“Good. Now he knows how I felt watching him with every guy he fucked!”


“I thought you said they didn’t fuck.”


“They didn’t, but… I know Byron. He would’ve eventually.” She bitches out, her voice laced with vile bitterness. I like her more and more!


THOMAS ELECTRONICS - EARLY AFTERNOON

TRAINING ROOM

VIC


I have overheard something and had an idea, but Di’s annoyance brings me back to the matter at hand.


“Elvis, what is wrong with you?! That’s the third time you have missed a simple object. Concentrate!” Di orders.


“Sorry, Di!” He calls back and nails the object the next time.


For the next four hours, which is about 3 months in real time, they train and focus. I am very pleased.


BYRON’S LOFT - LATE EVENING

CALISTA


“You are right! He does have excellent taste!” I tell Zephyra as we look round his loft. “I do so like Italian furniture. This would be a very good base for us in town. Now let me see what we can…” I stop as I look around and notice...


“We can...?” Zephyra prompts.


“Does he have cats?” I back away from the bowls in disgust.


“Yeah. Two of the fleabags, even though he knows I’m allergic!”


“Well, they are going to be gone!” I declare, and she grins.


“They would make excellent gloves. One is black and the other is white; you could make the Cruella de Ville look work.” She chuckles.


“So what does he prefer to drink?” I head to the cart.


“Beam.” She replies, and I nod then take out a vial. I put a couple of drops in and she frowns.


“Just to make him a little compliant. And rampant!” I giggle and wink. “He will fuck me all night. And then I will reveal my true self and immobilise him. Then we can go home together!”


“So where am I going to be?” She asks, and I look round before heading to the bedroom. “Oh, put me up there. So I can see his face when you do!”


“Oh you are a little devil, aren’t you?” She grins back. “He’s on his way!” I crow, and head to the shower to get myself squeaky clean!


BYRON - AN HOUR LATER, OUTSIDE HIS LOFT


I am exhausted! All I want to do is sleep and then start all over again! As I enter, I know instinctively there is something wrong. “Who’s there?” I call out.


“The man of your dreams.” A very naked man comes out. “Don’t be mad at Fagin. I persuaded him to let me in.”


“Did you indeed? Well I shall be having words with him! Meanwhile, get dressed and get out!” I order.


“Can we at least share a drink? After that I’ll go, if you want. I promise.” He tells me.


“One drink.” I say, and I head to the cart and pour a glass each. By the second glass, I am feeling very tired. “Look, can you go now?”


“Why don’t you lie down? I will get dressed and leave.” He smiles and I get up, heading to the bedroom.


Two hours later, I am still pounding into the guy from behind! “Is this what you wanted?” I snarl, as I wrap his hair round my hand and jerk his head back.


“Yes! Yes!” He screams. “But can you…?”


“No! You wanted it! You get it my way!” I growl into his ear and pin him down.


EARLY DAWN THE NEXT DAY - DAY 15

CALISTA


Every part of me hurts, but in such a delicious way! But it was so worth it! I stretch and look across, but Byron is not there. I beckon Zephyra down. “So how was the show?”


“What show? I didn’t see a damn thing?!”


“What do you…” I hear Byron in the bathroom and I send her back up and wait for him to return.


He comes back in towelling his hair. When he takes the towel off his head, she glowers impatiently at me.


“Who the fuck are you?!” I scream and clutch the sheets to my body.


“I’m the woman that fucked you all night.” She retorts sniffily. “And now we’re done, so you can fuck off!”


“Now just a minute! I am…”


“Calista, also known as Ice-Tina. Yes, I know.”


“Y-you know?” I demand, hating the slight stammer. “Then you should know that…”


“Look Icy, sweetie. You wanted a thrill with the man of your dreams, so I gave you that. And now it’s time for you to get a clue. We’re done now, hun.”


Icy?! Once again, who the fuck are you?!” I demand.


“Alicia.” She replies. “I heard you were wanting something all cloak and dagger, so that’s what I gave you. And now you have really outstayed your welcome. So, uh… revertetur in terram suam (return home)! Both of you!”


CALISTA’S ESTATE - SECONDS LATER

BEDROOM

CALISTA


“Calista!” Zephyra shouts. “What the hell just happened?! Why are we back here?!”


“I don’t know! Let me think! Do not speak!” I order, and she sits in the bottom of the bowl, pouting. I’m coming to realize that is normal behavior for her. Too bad that particular personality trait wasn’t taken away with the advent of boobs. “Well, sulking beats speaking.” I mutter before heading to the bathroom, and with a smirk, I shut the door. “And frozen in time beats everything!” I chuckle and start to set the bath.


GUARDIAN HEADQUARTERS - AN HOUR LATER

NERVE CENTRE

VIC


I sit at the head of the table and smile. “Did you have fun?” I ask her.


“Not really. Juicy tits, but she’s really a loose goose. But hey, every itch needs to be scratched and I’m nothing, if not altruistic!” Alicia, AKA, Mysteria the Head of the East Region, chuckles. “I had to grow two dicks.” She manifests in front of me. “Want to tell me why, though?”


“I needed her to believe she was getting what she wanted.” I reply.


“So the time is coming?”


“Yes. Sadly, it is. She will purge and wreak havoc. Advise the rest of our allies to be prepared.”


“As you wish, Master.” She bows and slowly fades away.


CALISTA’S ESTATE - SAME TIME

BATHROOM

CALISTA


I open my eyes and look down at the water, as it fills with swirling blood. “What the fuck?!” I gasp.


And your purge begins.


NO! NO! NO!


ZEPHYRA


I can’t avoid the crystal clear images of Byron and that fucking creep, Jules! Not only is he not dead, but they’ve… they’ve been doing things! I watch, revolted as he is so tender and gentle with him. And when h-he cleaned him up while he slept and then spooned him… Oh, I would happily have gouged my eyes out rather than bear witness to that shit! If only I could fucking move, I would...! I thought that would be the end of it, until the next image assaulted my brain. They were laughing and joking while touching each other lovingly. When they held hands while he blew him and Byron screamed his name, I thought my head would explode! I can’t wait to tell Calista so she can send someone to finish the job off properly. That fucking twink’s continued life span ruins everything, my sanity included! And it will continue to do so as long as the blond bastard is fucking breathing!


Finally, the door opens and I’m at least able to float around my bowl again. She and I need to have words about her freezing me in time; it’s just not right! It fucking sucks to have my body immobile while my mind is still active. She needs to get her shit together and fast! Her treatment of me is just plain unacceptable! I’m preparing to tell her exactly that, but instead of summoning me to her side, she rushes downstairs and then back up again before flinging herself, wailing, onto the bed. When I finally stop spinning in the air, I’m so tempted to tell her to shut the fuck up, but I don’t relish the idea of being so cold again so soon. When she finally finishes caterwauling, I clear my throat. “So what happened?”


“I have begun my purge!” She snaps. “That’s what’s happened!”


“And your purge is...?” I ask, already feeling like I know the answer.


“My period, you idiot!” She screeches.


“Lovely.” I retort. “If you want to feel better you can always send someone to the Thomas Mansion and finish off the job that Cylo thought he had done. Jules is still alive.” There, that ought to bring her back into focus. He seems to be the only obstacle to her, and therefore me, getting what we want. There’s just something about that fucking kid…!


“Why the hell would I do that?!” She snaps, hunting in drawers.


“Because him being alive is not what you want?” I reply.


“What the fuck is wrong with you?” She snarls.


“What do you mean what is wrong with me? I swear this purge business is making you completely irrational! Glad I don’t have to deal with it. Anyway, if you want Byron cowed, you have to…”


“You disgust me!” She screams and flounces out before rushing back to shut the door, once again, leaving me immobile. SHIT! FUCK! DAMN!


CALISTA


Of all the things I expected him… I mean her to come out with while I am so devastated, saying that I should allow Cylo and Igor to fuck on Jules’s grave was not it! Well she’ll remain frozen until I can figure out what I can do to stop this fucking travesty. The last thing I need right now are any more of her ignorant suggestions!

 

At that thought, all I can hear is the sinister bone-deep laughter inside my head. And while the cramps are trying to overtake me, the steady chant of Dried-up Bitch, can’t scratch that itch! is drumming a cadence and adding to my anger, humiliation, and despair at not being able to entrap Byron. UGH! FUCK OFF ALREADY! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!