- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 16 - HIGH SPEED REVENGE AND COMPLETION

ZEPHYRA’S CAR

SLITHERER


“For fuck sake, make it stop!” I scream as we hurtle down the road, coming perilously close to crashing but not quite.


“What the fuck do you think I am trying to do?!” He spits back, frantically stamping on the brakes before yanking the keys out of the ignition. But still, the car keeps going! As we come to an intersection, the lights change to red.


“Red light! RED FUCKING LIGHT!”


“Don’t tell me! Tell the fucking car!” He shouts back, and we watch as two truck cross in front of us and we brace for impact, but we find ourselves on the other side of the junction still hurtling down the road!


“I’m going to fucking throw up!” Mandible screams out of his side jaw.


“Not on me!” I yell and then I clamp my hand over my mouth and his side jaw, while he wrestles with the steering wheel. We start to go faster and faster before we crash, spinning through the gates in front of the Underground. As we turn over and over, I feel a stabbing pain as my knife slices into my stomach and side!


“Fuck! Ow! Ow! Shit! We’re going to die!” I scream.


Oh no, not yet you don’t! But this is a small taste of what Jules, Des, and Jules family had to suffer… but die you will! But the time for that has yet to be determined.


“Who are you?!” I yell.


Not yet… but know me, you will! Bye now!


The ringing laughter echoes around in my head as the car finally comes to a halt. The doors are flung open and we are thrown out. As I hear Mandible throwing up all over the other side of the car, I check myself over; there isn’t a mark on me!


“What on earth is going on?!” Calista shouts as she storms out with her shitty sidekick! “Oh for fuck sake, tell me that Byron is not still in there?!” She screams at us.


“No, he’s the one that did this!” Mandible snaps, and she steps back, looking horrified at the state of him. He’s covered in putrid vomit and pale as a ghost.


“What the fuck have you done to my precious car?!” Mouthy shouts, as he sees the vomit eating holes in his car.


“Bigger fucking picture!” Calista shouts at her. “Mandible, what do you mean he did this? How? Actually, go clean yourself up, first. You look and smell even more deplorable than you do on a regular basis. Slitherer, you start explaining!”


“We went to get Byron like you ordered. He refused to get in the car and we were going to force him, but then these two tigers arrived and…” I stutter and ramble before she interrupts me.


“Tigers?” They both echo before Mouthy rolls her eyes.


“Yes, motherfucking big ass tigers with fucking sharp teeth!” I say, before I take a calming breath before continuing. “Look, they seemed to know him. He wasn’t…”


“Bullshit! He doesn’t have tigers. He has two fleabags, completely against my wishes! Calista, they are making pathetic excuses for their failure to follow simple instructions. Most likely, they went joyriding instead! And in MY car! Is there anything you can do to fix this?” The look Calista gives her would have a sensible person shutting up but no, not her. “What? Well, can you or not?! Just because I can’t use it anymore, doesn’t mean I can’t have my things the way I WANT THEM!”


“Quiet, Zephyra!” She turns around as Mandible comes back out. “So these tigers of Byron’s, what did they do?”


“Just seemed to protect him. But then when we were back in the car, he just waved his hand at us and then we went flying down the road. It was so fucking scary; we couldn’t control the damn car! We had no brakes and no steering. Then we crashed through the gates, flipped and spiralled to a stop. Now, here we are.”


“Calista, you can’t seriously be buying this shit! Byron doesn’t have powers! He would’ve told me! After all, I AM his best friend! He knows better than to keep any secrets from me! I made his life hell when he’s tried that shit in the past.” She whines.


“And then there was the voice, it kept taunting me as we spun.” I continued.


“Voices, is it now? For fuck sa…” the mouthy niad sneers.


“SILENCE OR I WILL FREEZE YOU!” She bellows at the bowl. Immediately, the water bitch goes quiet, sits down and glowers at us. Calista turns back to us after glaring at Zephyra to make sure she would be obeyed without further questioning. “So what voice was it? Male or female?”


“Male and he knew what had happened to Jules, Des, and his family.”


“Zephyra, you are wrong about Byron. He does have powers, but most probably didn’t use them in front of you. He was wise, in hindsight.”


“Yeah, but why use them now?” Mandible asks as he heads to the flamethrower with a malicious smile.


“He’s not. Well I don’t think he is, but he is definitely being protected by someone. Someone who’s very strong.” She shakes her head. “Okay, I believe you two. It’s too contrived not to be true! But no matter, we will simply retrieve him from Kinnetic. He’ll more likely not feel the need to have his guard cats by his side there. That’s where Byron’s natural arrogance will lead him astray for certain. However, all of this cannot be dealt with before this weekend. Now Zephyra, you must apologise to the two of them for calling them liars or...” Water witch-bitch shakes her head vehemently. “You really should’ve waited to hear the options first. Mandible, you have my permission!”


He clicks the lighter and ignites the thrower. Hearing her plaintive wails as her precious car ignited and burned almost made up for the ride from hell!


ZEPHYRA - AN HOUR LATER


I can’t believe she let them do that to me! As I watch them hose down the smouldering remains of my pride and joy, I seethe and vow revenge. It took me ages to get it just right!


“Here, saved you the claw. At least you can sit in it and wallow in your memories of what might have been with that hunk of junk you called a car. But I would wait till it cools a bit, if I were you. You don’t want your water to boil.” Jaw-boy snickers and I see Calista quickly suppress her smile.


“That wasn’t very nice!” I admonish them and she stares at me.


“In case you haven’t picked up on it, I’m not a particularly nice person, especially when I am being challenged or screeched at. Now stop pouting or…” she leans closer to me. “I shall tell them how to freeze you. Can you imagine, how much fun they would have with that?!”


BYRON’S LOFT - SAME TIME


I smile as Fizz stretches her bulk across the sofa and idly flicks her tail. She gives a little chuff. “This tin of food ain’t going to cut it, is it?” I get the tiger equivalent of a ‘what do you think?’ look and smile. “Okay, how about steak? That’s the least I can do after your heroics.” Pop clambers onto the window sill and rests her head in her paws. “Won’t be long.” As I grab my keys and jacket, I stop, head back to the kitchen and open the fridge. There are two large steaks and a mixed salad with chicken breast. “Thought of everything, didn’t you?” I smile and grab two large plates. “Come on, you two!” They are by me in a flash and I watch with morbid fascination as they make quick work of the food before padding to the bookcase. “At least you can’t say I’m pussy whipped… tiger whipped sounds so much better!” I laugh and follow them downstairs.


3RD FLOOR LOFT -  EARLY MORNING, DAY 18

BEDROOM

BYRON


I open my eyes and feel a heaviness on my chest. I look down fully expecting to see Fizz and Pop curled up on me like they normally are, but instead, I see a mop of blond hair.


He wouldn’t sleep. Like the first time he was in stasis, he just kept drifting. Both your belts are back on, for now. Wake him up and come to HQ after he eats. Fizz and Pop are already back here, in case you were wondering. And they were his idea.


“Okay.” I smile and kiss the top his head. He flings a leg over mine and snuggles closer. I pull his hair away from his face. “Jules, you have to wake up now. We’ve got to go to HQ, but first we must shower and eat.”


“Mmm. 5 more minutes.” He mutters, snuggling deeper and holding on tighter.


“No more minutes. Up, come on! Teeth and shower, then food. The beast in your stomach is already broadcasting its need for nourishment.”


“Byron!” He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. “You’re okay?”


“Yes. Thanks to you.” I stop and gaze at him. Even with the belt on, my desire to kiss him is so strong. I shake myself out of my reverie and order, “Now, come on.”


“Mmmkay.” He uncurls himself and allows me to lead him to the bathroom where he leans against me and slowly brushes his teeth with his eyes closed.


“Twat.”


THE UNDERGROUND - LATE MORNING

GAOL


I am looking at the registry records Mandible printed out for me to read up on Mika. I can’t believe how this fool got around unaided! I look at pictures of the comic book store that he owned and snicker. “Seriously, how old was this guy?” Again, I try to type on the computer as I want to look at it in color.


“Talking to yourself?” Mandible comes in and smiles at me. I can’t think of why he would. I’m this ugly thing as Slitherer keeps reminding me. “What are you doing? Need help with the keys?”


“Yeah, please. Just looking at Mika from before on the printouts you left for me. Thanks for that, by the way. Have you heard from Halo at all?”


“No, and I can’t even read him. You know what that means…”


“You really think he’s done himself in?” I frown. “He doesn’t seem like the type to do that.”


“Well, when you’ve had all of your family die in such a short time, it messes with your head.”


“Yeah, I guess.”


“So shall we have a look at the fabled Byron?”


“Why not?” I sigh. I have heard the mouthy niad banging on about how good looking he is, and Calista’s mooning and determination to have him has piqued my curiosity. “Have a seat.” I say, starting to get up.


“It’s okay, I can work around you.” He leans over and types in Byron’s name. All that comes up are the names of his parents and that he’s a pure fire magi. Also, it states that he was gifted his powers. But after noticing that, I am distracted by the fact that Mandible smells so good. “Well that doesn’t tell us much, does it?”


“Not really. I don’t understand why she is so fixated on him. Wait, what’s that? There’s a flag on him, but what does it mean?” He clicks on it and the next screen that comes up reads that he’s not only a purebred, but he is a pureheart, too. And he will only love one person. “Wow! You reckon she knows this?”


“Reckon I know what exactly?” Calista’s imperious tone surprises us.


“That Byron is a pureheart as well as a purebred…”


“Of course, he is! Byron is perfect.” Mouthy interjects. “So what does him being pureheart mean to us exactly?”


“Et absolutum eius amoris est, tantum in vero amore.” I retort.


“Which means?” She demands.


“His love is absolute and only for his true love.” I snark back, heartily sick of her snottiness.


“His true love would be his child, of course. But once I have him where he’s supposed to be, beginning with under me, it will all be fine.”


“Exactly!” Mouthy seconds emphatically, but there is something off with her tone.


“No, not exactly, as you say, Fishwater. He would protect his child, but he would die for his one true love. And they would die for him! And since you are both very much alive while he’s not here, it’s clear that it’s not either of you.” I rebuke her.


“Well nobody is going to die for you, Mr. Ugly!” She bitches, giggling. “Come on, Calista. Let’s leave these losers. We have things to… make him stop! Make him stop!” She screams as Mandible shakes her violently.


“Mandible, come on!” I put my han… claw on his arm and he stops. “Don’t let the feeble-minded, fishwater bitch get to you. She thrives on that!” It takes him a few minutes to stop glowering and clacking his side jaw, but he does let go. After clearing the history and shutting down the laptop, he holds the door open for me and we leave.


MANDIBLE


I watch Gaol go back to his room and could swear that his spine seems straighter! I head to my room to lie down on my bed and sigh. I search for Halo again and although it’s faint, I can feel him and know that he’s happy and safe. When I found out what she did, I was furious! He didn’t deserve that! Nobody does, and for no other reason than just because you wanted to test something the fuck out! I had been reading Cylo for days as he had been so agitated. And then when he told me what he thought he did, I couldn’t believe it! Fucking Calista and Cylo are cut from the same damn cloth; both selfish and self-serving! But now with the disappearance of Halo and possible knowledge that Cylo has killed them, whomever is protecting Byron Kent is coming for us. With one last look, I snip my tie to Halo. “Goodbye, my friend. Be well and live your life happy. Some of us will never get that chance.” And with a heavy heart, I close my eyes because the one thing I know about Halo is that if he has teamed up with whomever is protecting Byron, he will fight to the death to protect his friend. I feel sad that the friend is no longer me!


GUARDIAN HQ - SAME TIME

DES


“Hey, you okay?” I ask Halo. He looks lighter, as if he’s been freed from something.


“Yeah, I’m good.” He smiles. “Now, I’m really sorry. I just forgot, but here they are.” I hand her two boomerang discs. “I have coated each tip with your magi essence. It’s not live until you are in battle or protective mode. So what happens is that you materialise them from your wrists…”


“Materialise them?”


“Yeah!” He grins excitedly. “Imagine that I am a bad guy and I’m going to attack you… grrr… grrr… grrr!” I just stare at him. “Come on, work with me here!” Sighing, I pretend to be afraid. “You can do better than that!” He snaps and that tone pisses me off. “You getting mad, little lady?! Look at those iddy biddy little swords, I could snap them with a… HEY!” He yells as he hits the floor. I blink rapidly and find myself holding two of the boomerang stars between my index and middle fingers in full fighting stance. “Note to self, don’t piss off Des!” He grumbles, getting up and dusting himself down. “So what happens is when it connects with your enemies... remember that’s not me, it will turn them to stone and…”


“Really!” I squeal excitedly.


“And as long as they say and do nothing, they will be restored to normal as the essence wears off. But if they don’t do as you ask and you hit them again, then they turn to dust.” I just stare at him, incredulous. “Who are you thinking of?”


“You know who.” I whisper.


“Yeah, me too. The nunchucks that Jules has can freeze someone if the spikes get into their skin. Icy stone is very fragile… just saying!” He smirks and saunters off.


“God, he’s got a great ass!” I mutter to myself.


“I heard that, and thanks!” He shouts back.


“Fuck!”


THOMAS MANSION - MORNING, DAY 20

JULES’S ROOM


JULES


“Stop laughing!” I order. “I’ve never done it before so have no idea what to pack!”


“How about you just fucking relax and just remember who you are going to see later!” Des snickers. “You two are made for each other. Stop making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be! Just go and have some fun! Stop over fucking thinking everything!”


I slump on the bed. “But supposing I’m really rubbish?” I whisper. “He’ll never want to do it with me again.”


“Have you ever lied to me?” She demands.


“Um no, of course not!” I answer, not getting where she is going with this.


“So did you make him scream and beg you not to stop?”


“Yes.”


“Did he ask your permission to make love to you? Not do it to you, but make love to you? Because that’s what he wants to do!”


“I guess… ouch, no hitting! Yes, okay he did!”


“So, go ask him what you should pack for fuck sake!” She grouses, stomping to the door. “Or I could ask him for you…”


“I’m going! I’m going!” I yell and run to his room.


BYRON’S ROOM

BYRON


I wonder if those two twits know that their voices carry! I smile as I hear him sigh, but know he has to do this himself. When the door knocks, it is so timid that I want to laugh. “Come in.” I call out and the first thing I see is his hair. Then it disappears before he comes in all at once and almost falls over, followed by harsh whispering from Des. I have to bite my lip to stop from guffawing.


“Hi.” I chirrup.


“Hi. Ahem… um about this, um today. I was wondering ifitisstillonandwhatshouldIpack?!”


“Oh for fuck… in English, with spaces between words!” She snarks from the other side of the door.


“Des, could you go away please? I don’t think you’re helping!” I wait for her steps to recede and pat the space next to me on the bed. He sits down, suffused in the most adorable blush I have ever seen. “Jules, you know I want to, but if you aren’t comfortable then we won’t, okay?” I brush his cheek and he gives me a nervous smile. “Come here. Want to sleep for a bit?” He nods and I let my eyes flame and soon his breathing evens out. I roll him over onto his back, covering him with the blanket and then head to the loft.


3RD FLOOR LOFT - 2 HOURS LATER

JULES


I feel so much better! I open my eyes and stretch, then immediately realise that we are not in the mansion. We are in the loft. Oh my god, we’re in the loft!!!


“Breathe!” He laughs from the kitchen.


“Hush! And it’s rude to read someone without their permission.” I try to pout, but he just raises an eyebrow and smiles. “Whatcha doing?” I get out of bed and pad down to join him.


“Making lunch. Okay, let’s just get this out of the way so you can relax.” Before I know it I am swept into his arms and kissed thoroughly. “Better?”


“Uh huh.” I mumble as I lick my lips.


“Good. Now can you baste the ribs for me please? And test for salt.” I grin and reach for the mitts and take out the pork ribs.


“Oh wow, I love pork ribs! And they are the fatty ones! What’s the marinade?” I ask as I carefully baste them.


“Cherry cola and since they are the fatty ones, we have a salad and some garlic bread.”


I grab some foil and wrap the ribs up carefully before covering the pan with a tea towel and turning off the oven. And with a deep breath, I start to take off my clothes.


“Not here. Bedroom!” He orders and with a whoosh, we are on the bed and our mouths melded together. What feels like only ten minutes later, we are just staring at each other. “Please tell me…”


“I’m sure.”


BYRON


I didn’t think I could ever be so happy to hear those two words in my life. He has the prettiest pink lips that I have to nip and lick. His hair feels like silk and his eyes are violet and smouldering. “Golden green.” He murmurs as we just look at each other. “When you send me to sleep they go darker green, but right now they are golden green.”


“Jules, I need to do something, okay? Like what I did with my tongue, but with my fingers this time. It’s going to hurt a bit, but I will be as gentle as I can, okay?” He nods and spreads his legs. As I settle between them, something feels different, but right now I can’t think what it is. I watch his expression of wonder as I suck on my fingers to get them as wet as I can. “Can you get a pillow and put it under your butt for me?”


“There aren’t any pillows.” He whispers and I look up behind his head. Now I know what’s different. We aren’t in the loft… we’re floating above the city in a… I’m going to go with cloud, but it is soft and warm; the moon full, bright… beautiful, just as he is. I take a chance and gather some of the cloud under his hips to raise him slightly and he giggles. God, it is probably the most addictive sound I’ve ever heard. On any other man, I would try my best to make it stop, but with Jules, I hope it never does. “I can’t believe my first time is going to be in a cloud!”


Slowly, I stroke his burgeoning cock and then work my fingers into his quivering hole. His mouth opens and I pause, thinking he’s going to stop me, but he lets out a breathy oh and pulls me down to kiss him. I manage to work two fingers in and wait, then he starts to move his hips slowly, pulling my mouth off of his I nod in encouragement. “Oh! Oh, that fe-feels wonderful.” He moans, arching his neck. I lick the sweat that has gathered in the dip just beneath his Adam’s apple and slide in another finger. As he gives a soft cry, lightning cracks across the sky. Sliding my fingers in and out, his hole clenches them tightly. “So good!” He grabs my arm and I pause my thrusting, but not my stroking. He takes in lungfuls of air before grinning. “Sl-slower please.” He orders and I smile before I lean down to his pretty pink nipples and start to suckle gently. “Byron… Byron… now please, please now!” He pleads.


“Oh God Jules, you have no idea, none!” I pant as I gently withdraw my fingers, but keep slowly stroking his cock. “Put your…” I don’t get to finish the sentence before his legs wrap around my waist and my body moves of its own volition. It is like I am watching myself, but not controlling my actions and reactions. Honestly, I wouldn’t stop it even if I could! My cock finds its way unerringly to his entrance and slides straight in. I am balls deep in my heaven. “C-Christ!” I stammer, and like him, have to pause to breathe. Then I start to move and it is like we are liquid, just sliding and gliding over and under each other. As I thrust into him, it feels like he is doing the same to me. All I can hear is mewling and pleading, from who I don’t know and I don’t care! All I know is that we are both feeling good, so good! I grab his hair to try and ground myself because it feels so good. “Mine. Mine. Verus amor meus (my true love). Only you! Now! Cum with me now!” I roar.


“Meus es, sicut ego tibi!” He screams and the most intense, earth shattering, mind blowing orgasm I have ever had floods my body, but my main focus is Jules. As I hold him, he starts to buck. There’s no doubt that it has hit him hard. The air around us continues to light and crackle with each tremor that wracks his lithe body. “Oh God! Oh God! Wh… uh! Aaaaaah!” Somehow, I get onto my haunches and pull him close. It is like we are wrapped around each other... we are each other! And then as suddenly as that realization hits me, there is nothing... nothing but quiet and stillness while we’re still floating.


JULES


I don’t think I have any bones left in my body. I am a puddle of… whatever a puddle of post sex bliss is! I finally open my eyes and we’re back in the loft. I look up and Byron is still sleeping. Very gently, I move out of his embrace and brace for the pain that I had heard about. Yet, I feel nothing but goodness. I frown. “Maybe we didn’t…”


“Trust me, we did.” Byron laughs, and tugs on my suddenly longer hair as he wakes. “Come back here.”


“Were we above the loft in a cloud?”


“Yep.”


“So why didn’t it hurt?”


“Did you want it to?”


“No! But I’ve heard stories…”


“I was gentle, and then something happened, making it wonderful and blissful. By the way, what did you say?”


“But I…”


“No, just before you came, you said something.”


“Oh…” I duck my head down, but he makes me look at him. “You are mine as I am yours.”


And the melding is now complete!


“Vic!” We both shout indignantly.


What? I wasn’t watching; I gave you my word! Besides, it’s now Monday afternoon! Melding does take time, you know? Now your hearts and your powers are one, so as it has happened, the truth will be shown to them as well. You both will be able to watch the fallout from the ceiling in the third floor loft. Do not return to the fourth floor loft until I tell you. Byron, your things, those that are most important, are already there with you and Jules, including everything for your businesses. Slitherer and Zephyra are of the same mentality, and believe going to the fourth floor loft would be the easiest way to catch you unawares and then kill you. That goes for both of you and for different reasons. Calista’s plan for Byron has angered them both, so while one doesn’t want you to give her a child, the other is jealous enough to not want her to have you at all.


As for you Jules, we all know that you are strong enough to withstand their pathetic onslaughts, both mentally and physically, but rest assured they will try to menace you, especially Zephyra. Although the imp has no powers to speak of, she can still badger and whine them into submission to do her bidding, if only to shut her up. It’s her only weapon, and she’ll certainly use it on that weak-minded fool, who still lusts after you with every fiber of his dark being. So until such time as Zephyra is proven to be the liar she is and they no longer believe what she says about knowing ‘All Things Byron,’ stay out of there. Don’t worry too much guys, for it will be soon that they learn… the hard way!


In the meantime, use this opportunity to learn the new functions of your shared powers. Whereas you can’t start a fire, Jules, you will be able to direct where it goes. You’re already able to regulate its temperature because you’re pure air. Byron, you won’t be able to direct the wind, but you will be able to use it to feed your fire, therefore upping the heat factor to create Supernovas or creating ice-balls. Each of you also have the power to extinguish the other to prevent you from going too far. It’s one thing to fight evil; another thing to become evil personified. As for their Boss-bitch, the time of rapprochement is upon us... Ice-Tina won’t accept this, but at least the Gods will know we tried.

Chapter End Notes:

So this is the end of Volume I of Rage Unleahsed. Volume II will follow.

The End.
MissMerlot is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked RAGE UNLEASHED also liked 786 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Taxi to New York. The next story in the series is Taxi to New York.