- Text Size +

"Let go!" the man shouted, twisting his arm from Michael's grasp.

"No! How did you do that? How did you make it look like I was doing all that?!" Michael yelled.

"Stop it, Michael!" Ben shouted as he pulled his husband away from the young man.

"You did it, Michael! No one else! Just you!" Brian growled at his friend.

"No way! I would never act that way, Brian!" Michael stepped away from Ben.

"You just did it again!" Emmett said, shocked to see Michael once again flapping his arms.

"Wait! Wait!" Justin yelled over the din of everyone talking at once again. Once it was quite again he looked at Ben. "You have a video camera on your phone, right?" he asked.

"Of course," Ben replied calmly, but obviously confused by the question.

"I want you to focus it on Michael and record this." Justin waited while Ben pulled his phone from his pocket and began recording.

"Michael, tell me his first name?" Justin asked pointing at Brian.

"Fuck you!" Michael replied.

"Answer him, Michael!" Ben growled.

"Fine! Brian." Michael glared at his husband as he answered Justin's question.

"Keep recording, Ben," Justin said when Ben nearly dropped his phone. He turned his attention back to Michael.

"What is it you like to call me, Michael?" Justin asked.

"The twink who won't go away," Michael answered.

They all stepped back several feet and stared at Michael.

"Holy shit!" Ted spoke for the first time since viewing Drew's video.

"What's the matter with you?" Michael frowned at Ted.

Ted's eyes nearly popped out of his head at Michael's question.

"Michael!" Justin nearly shouted getting the man's attention back on him. "What name do you call me all the time?"

"Boy Wonder. Are you stupid or something?" Michael couldn't believe the questions he was being asked.

"He doesn't know he's doing it, does he?" Brian muttered to Justin.

"I don't think he does," Justin answered. "But let's try the last test. Michael, who is Brian to you?"

"Like I've told you from the first time we met, he's my best friend," Michael replied just before he grabbed a drink from the next table and poured it over his head.

Michael turned to yell at the person who he assumed had poured a drink over his head but there was no one there.

"What the fuck!" Michael yelled. "Who did that?"

"Show him, Ben," Justin said calmly.

Ben stopped recording, then started the video and turned the phone so that Michael could see the screen.

Michael stood in silence as he watched himself flap his arms, then stomp his feet and cry like a baby, then turn in a circle three times and bark like a dog, and finally grab the drink and pour it over his head. He dropped Ben's phone on the table.

"Ben, what's wrong with me?" Michael whined as real tears began to flood his eyes.

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out. Let's go home, Michael." Ben picked up his phone, took hold of his husband and led him from the bar.

As the others stood at the table contemplating their friend as he left with his husband, there was a quiet conversation taking place in the farthest corner of the bar.

"Do you think he'll finally learn?" the man asked.

"Maybe. I won't know for sure for a while yet," the woman said.

"Thank you. I know it was asking a lot, but I've never liked that a grown man who acts like a spoiled brat has my name. It just makes it worse that no one knows he isn't mine."

"No need to thank me. It was my pleasure. And don't worry; when I start to work on that second little problem, I know where to find you if I have any questions," the woman replied.

"That you do." He smiled.

Mysterious Marilyn smiled back as she watched the spirit of Charles Michael Novotny fade away.

The end.

The End.
Deb Tanner is the author of 28 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked WTF, Michael also liked 89 other stories.