- Text Size +

 

 

 

Justin couldn’t believe his luck.

After nearly a week of stalking the man, he’d finally managed to corner the incomparable Brian Kinney, as well as gotten him to, at the very least, agree to listen to his proposal. It was almost too good to be true, and he suspected that it likely was. Given how difficult it had been tracking the man down, he couldn’t help being suspicious of his sudden appearance today.

Not that he was complaining; far from it.

If it meant that he had the opportunity to get his hands on that very delectable ass—for his art, of course—he wasn’t going to question the whys or hows of it. His mama didn’t raise no fool.

Looking over his shoulder, he shot a grin at the man walking directly behind him, eyes firmly attached to Justin’s ass. He couldn’t really blame him; Justin had been told many a time that his ass was a work of art and he had absolutely no problem whatsoever exploiting it to get what he wanted in this case. Adding an extra little sway to his hips, Justin snickered internally when Kinney looked up and arched a brow.

Justin just shrugged and grinned unrepentantly; hey, if the guy wanted to stare, he’d give him something to stare at. He wasn’t even going to pretend that he wasn’t flirting. Oh, he knew Emmett had said it would likely be a hopeless case; that Kinney wasn’t interested in hooking up. But Kinney had never run into the likes of him before.

And he could be quite the persistent little fucker when he saw something he wanted.

And want he did.

Good God, but the man was even more gorgeous up close and Justin had no idea how he was going to keep his hands off him once he had him stripped down in his studio. Although, by the way the brunet was burning a hole into his favorite cargos, Justin might not have to worry.  

He turned back to face the front, giggling under his breath when he heard Kinney’s indelicate snort. Biting his bottom lip, his sucked in breath and held it, his stomach quivering as he felt the brunet come up behind him.

“And just what are you laughing about, little boy?” he whispered near Justin’s ear.

“Why only the most innocent of amusements…” Justin smirked, the lewd expression on his face belying his words.

Kinney laughed, head thrown back. “Well, I’ll just let you get back to that then. I wouldn’t want to interrupt time well spent.” Kinney purred, sending a shiver down Justin’s spine.

And Justin could quite easily imagine why every gay man and straight woman was just begging to have this man in their bed. That voice alone was pure sex—combined with the way he looked and the way he moved with complete and utter confidence, it was a potent mixture. Hell, Justin was ready to roll over right now and say, ‘take me, I’m yours.’

What exactly had he gotten himself into?

Justin flicked his eyes slowly down over the brunet and licked his lips before meeting that hypnotic gaze once more, a cheeky smile on his face.

“Time is always better spent with a partner,” he said coyly, and then all but choked on his spit when Kinney gave him the same treatment.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” the brunet smirked, chuckling when Justin’s breath hitched and he hastily turned back around.

Fuck. How was he supposed to concentrate now?

Heaving an internal sigh of relief as they reached Woody’s, Justin slipped into the cool, dark bar with Tall, Dark and Steamy on his heels. He paused, and looked around, searching for a table, but it was packed as usual with the lunch crowd. Biting his lip, he looked over at the bar and started towards it, but halted when Kinney just shook his head.

Justin looked at him with a frown, and opened his mouth to ask why he didn’t want to sit at the bar, but Kinney wasn’t even looking at him. Instead his eyes were focused on a table where the patrons were lingering over their lunch. Grabbing Justin by the arm, he dragged him towards the table, his eyes intent on a tall man with cropped medium brown hair, who was dressed like an accountant and looked to be a year or two older than Kinney.

The older man nodded at them and then gestured to his younger, blond companion, saying something Justin couldn’t hear from their distance. The two patrons quickly cleared away their mess and stood, vacating their table as if Kinney were royalty.

“Brian,” the older man greeted as he picked up his bag.

“Ted,” Kinney returned amicably, then took his seat without saying a word, as if he’d just been given his due. Justin raised a brow at the interaction, but Kinney just gestured to the other, now unoccupied, seat. Okay then.

Ted looked between the two of them, likely expecting an introduction, but Kinney just stared at him blandly The other man smirked, shaking his head; then he cleared his throat and put his arm around the younger blond and turned on his heel when the introduction wasn’t forthcoming.

“See you in Ethics and Leadership, Bri,” Ted said as he walked away.

Kinney didn’t bother to respond; and Justin wasn’t quite sure what to make of the entire encounter. But those thoughts faded as soon as Kinney turned to him and pinned him to his chair with those ever-changing hazel eyes; ones that seemed to fluctuate between green, gold and brown dependent upon his mood and the lighting. And fuck, Justin could do a whole study on his eyes alone; and was, in fact, mentally planning his next abstract painting based on those colors.

“So,” Kinney said, his lips curling in amusement.

“So…” Justin trailed off nervously; now that he’d gotten his prey here, he wasn’t quite sure what to say. He’d had this all planned out in his head earlier, but now faced with the man, it all seemed rather stupid to his mind’s eye.

Kinney arched a brow, obviously waiting for Justin to explain what he’d meant earlier; and he took a deep breath to do so, but before he could begin, a server came up and asked them for their drink and food order. Kinney ordered a simple double Beam on the rocks, while Justin ordered a platter of Smothered Fries and a Between the Sheets.

“Between the Sheets?” Kinney said, eyeing him a bit scornfully. “I’m not sure whether I should laud or mock your choice of drinks.”

“Mock?,” Justin arched a brow, quite used to the disdain some men showed to his favoring of so-called girly drinks and not the least deterred by it. “Why would you do that?”

“Well, it’s not exactly...” Kinney grimaced, and looked away, obviously realizing that what he was about to say could be taken offensively.

“It’s a ‘girly’ drink?” Justin guessed, smirking when Kinney looked a bit sheepish. He shrugged, leaning back when the server, Sean he thought his name was, (but couldn’t be quite certain as that Friday was a bit fuzzy; he’d just call him Sean for now), set his drink in front of him. “I’d like to point out that my so-called ‘girly’ drink has about twice the alcohol as yours. And for approximately the same price. Important to a college student and starving artist.”

He wasn’t about to be shamed for his choice in beverage.

“I’ll concede to your point,” Kinney smirked, toasting him with his glass before taking a sip.

Justin grinned and did the same.

“So, tell me about this project.” Kinney leaned back in his chair, his eyes intent on Justin. And then he cocked his head thoughtfully.  “Actually, skip that; before we get into the what, why don’t we start with an actual introduction. After all, I’d like to know the name of the man that’s planning to get his hands on my ass,” Brian paused. “In a purely artistic way, of course.”

Justin grinned and held out his hand. “Justin Taylor.”

“Brian Kinney,” the brunet smirked taking his hand. “Although, I have a feeling you already knew that little tidbit given you’re friends with Emmett.”

“Guilty as charged,” Justin smirked. “He did fill me in on some of your more...interesting points.”

“Did he?” Kinney eyed him thoughtfully. “Well, that Queen never could keep a secret to save his life. Nothing too...scandalous, I hope.”

“That remains to be seen,” Justin said, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he popped a maraschino cherry in his mouth. “I take everything with a grain of salt until have...viable proof.”

“Trust me, anything he says,” Kinney paused to take a sip of his drink. “Is likely an understatement of the facts.”

“Is that so?”

Justin plucked another cherry out of his glass; holding it by its stem, he dangled it in the air for a second before he plopped it into his mouth and sucked, closing his eyes as a small burst of cherry juice and alcohol coated his tongue. Opening his eyes, he smiled as he met the brunet’s heated gaze and then chewed, thrilling when that hot gaze dropped to his mouth.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” he said just a touch smugly.

“You do that,” Kinney said, flicking his gaze back up to Justin’s for a long, intense moment. Justin licked his lips and was about to say damn the consequences when Kinney cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, clearly ready to get back to business. “So, the project?”

Right. Back to the reason he approached him in the first place.

“Well, I’m taking Introduction to Papier-Mâché with Allison Montaigne…” Justin paused when he noticed Kinney giving him an incredulous look. He rolled his eyes. “Requirements. Don’t ask.” Kinney rolled his lips between his teeth as if trying to hold back a laugh, but nodded in acknowledgement anyway. Justin huffed and continued his explanation. “And we have to ‘create a pinata that is not only a stunning work of art, but an insight into who we are as a person,’ or some such bullshit.”

“Right,” Kinney nodded again and then cocked his head. “So, why this?”

Justin paused, chagrined; he hadn’t expected Kinney to actually ask him about why he chose this particular subject matter. And like hell was he going to tell the other man that it was the brainwave of a bunch of friends drunk off of vodka and jello shots. So, he figured he’d just give the bullshit reason he gave his instructor.

“Well, I decided to combine what I was learning in life studies class with the project and-”

“You were drunk,” Kinney interrupted, eyes sparkling with amusement.

“No, I just thought it would be an interesting study into…” Justin protested, but he knew the other man wasn’t buying his excuse when he just laughed.

“Just admit you were drunk. It’s not like I’m going to judge you,” Kinney said as he threw back the rest of his drink.

“Maybe a little,” Justin said a bit sheepishly. “It sounded like a good idea at the time.”

“I’m sure it did,” Kinney said and set his glass down.

He looked around, his face lighting up when he caught sight of Sean and held up his glass as Sean walked by. Sean nodded and headed over to the bar to fulfill his request. Which he did in no time, bringing it over along with Justin’s fries. After depositing the drink and fries on the table, Sean turned to Justin with a shit-eating grin.

And then that Friday came back to him in startling clarity.

Oh, fuck no! He wasn’t going to bring that up now, was he?

“So, Justin,” Sean drawled, obviously taking great glee in what he was about to say. “Are you ready for the contest on Friday. I can’t wait to see your costume!”

Fucker. Of course, he was.

Justin snorted in irritation, glaring at the other man for all he was worth. Asshole.

“Contest?” Kinney asked as he looked back and forth between the two of them, obviously picking up on the tension between them. But Justin remained silent.

“Yup,” Sean continued, totally ignoring Justin’s death glare. See if he ever helped him escape from those tedious dorm activities again. “Justin here is competing in the King of Babylon contest. Someone had a few too many and foolishly accepted a dare to strip for charity.” Sean paused when he saw Kinney’s blank expression. “It’s a charity show that…”

“I’m well aware of what King of Babylon is,” Kinney waved him off and turned to Justin with smirk. “You’re just full of good ideas while drunk, aren’t you, Sunshine.”

Sunshine?

Justin looked at Kinney curiously, but knew he’d get no answers now; he’d definitely be coming back to that later. Right now, he had a pest to get rid of; as soon as possible before the pain in the ass spilled even more of his secrets. “Don’t you have a job to do? And you’ll just have to wait and see what my costume is like all the rest of the good little horny queers.”

“Aw, but Justin...” Sean whined, but left when Justin sent him an unimpressed look.

Justin, for his part, remained silent, flushing and shifting uneasily beneath Kinney’s piercing stare. The other man opened his mouth, likely to tease Justin further, but then seemed to think better of it and got back to the matter at hand.

“Sooo,” Kinney drew the word out as he studied Justin intently, as if he were trying to puzzle out all of Justin’s secrets. “Just how does the, let me see if I remember it exactly - a pinata in the shape of my ass, filled with filled with airplane bottles of liquor - reflect on you as a person?”

Justin’s cheeks grew hot at the question, as he had no fucking idea how to answer it; but he decided to brazen it out anyway.

“Wouldn’t you like to know…” Justin flirted, looking at Kinney through his lashes.

When in doubt, flirt. That was his new motto.

“Oh, I definitely would,” Kinney said, watching Justin as if he were contemplating making Justin his next meal. Something with which Justin had absolutely no qualms. “I don’t know; let me think about this for a moment.”

Justin nodded and popped another cherry into his mouth, stem and all. He bit the fruit off and tucked the stem under his tongue, quickly chewing and swallowing the fruit while Kinney continued sipping his drink in companionable silence. He pulled the stem out from under his tongue and maneuvered it until it was resting it on the tip of it. He curled his tongue and set out methodically working on the one party trick that he knew sent every man to his knees.

No one had ever said that he was above pulling a few dirty tricks to get his way.

Kinney continued to watch him silently, obviously trying to work out what Justin was up to, but also not willing to break the silence to ask. Finally, a couple of minutes later, Justin grinned and pulled out the stem, showing that it had been twisted into a loose knot.

Grabbing one end of the stem with his teeth, he pulled the knot tight and then threw it down onto the table between them. Kinney stared at it for a long moment, and then looked up, his eyes all but fucking Justin where he sat. He cleared his throat, slammed the rest of his drink and then licked his lips before leaning in to ask lowly.

“So, when did you want to get started?”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Prompts: Cherries; twister (in any variation); One of them entering a contest. Someone being a dick about "girly" drinks and having it pointed out to them that said drinks have like, triple the alcohol; jello shots, “Why only the most innocent of amusements…”