- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

Disclaimer:  All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  No money is being made from this work.  No copyright infringement is intended. AKA - they're not ours. We wish they were ours. We'd promise to play with them nicely and feel - I mean, feed - and water them, but Showtime and Cowlip won't let us have them. Boo Hoo!

Author's Chapter Notes:

*****Welcome to National Novel Writer's Month. Enjoy! Sally & TAG*****



Prologue - If You’re Reading This Now...


London, England

July, 1941


Dear Mother,


I hope this letter finds you and the family well. I received your latest packet of letters just yesterday and greatly enjoyed reading all the news from home. The tin of cookies was a big hit with all my mates since our rations are, of necessity, short these days, and nobody wants to stand in a queue for the few sweets you can buy in wartime London. I am pleased to hear that Molly is doing well with school. What about Father, is he well? Please give Molly my love and relay my regards to Father.


Now to more serious things - this is one of the hardest things I have ever written because you reading this letter, Mother, means that I am gone. Please do not be overly sad. I can not explain why I say this, but I want you to know that I have never been happier than I have been since I came to England to join the RAF and I am doing what is right for me. I am only sorry that, in this way, my happiness may have caused you any sadness.   


I need you to know just how much I love you. It wasn’t something I told you often during my time at home, and that is something I regret deeply. However, just because I did not say the words does not mean I didn’t frequently feel the sentiment. So, whenever you are sad, please close your eyes and think of me, because I’ll always be right there with you, keeping you safe.


Have a wonderful life, be happy.

 

Forever your loving son, Justin.

 

 

 

 

 

Justin_Letter_Fic