- Text Size +

Chapter 5

 

 

Mel and Lindsey’s house

 

 

Mel

 

 

I really did think that I would be calmer this morning so I could talk to her about her behaviour last night but no I’m still furious. Why does she think that she can control his career. 

 

 

 

When she tried to justify herself last night in the car home I had to try so hard not to lose control of myself.

 

 

 

Start of Flashback

 

 

in the car coming home

 

 

Mel 

 

 

 

She looks so proud of herself for the things she said and the way she behaved, but if I get too angry about it right now i might crash the car.

 

Has she alway’s been so controlling over Justin’s career or has she just started trying to be so be in control despite him clearly not needing or wanting it.

 

 

 

“Mel calm down. I don’t think you could grip that steering wheel any tighter if you tried, ease up on it.” she said to me in a sickly sweet tone that only makes me more mad right now.

 

 

 

“Ease up on it, you want me to ease up on it? Me grabbing the steering wheel this tight is pretty much the only thing stopping me from slapping you right now so I don’t think you really want me to ease up on it.” I snap back at her.

 

 

 

She huffs out an indignant breath before responding to what i said.

 

 

 

“I didn’t do anything wrong tonight, I was just giving him guidance on what would be best for him. How is it my fault if he doesn’t appreciate all the help i’m giving him.”

 

 

 

“He has an agent to help him out and give him advice if he wants it, he doesn't need you to bulldoze your way into his career.” I tell her hoping that she will listen to what I say and back down but most likely she will ignore me and carry on as she pleases.

 

 

 

“I don’t know what is wrong with you Mel. I didn’t do anything wrong tonight, but Justin talks down to me for offering him the advice he’s going to need to succeed and you didn’t stand up for me. I’m your wife. You are supposed to back me and yet you didn’t even try.”

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

I need to  talk to Brian and Justin and see if this is something that I’ve not been seeing all this time or if it’s something that she’s just now starting  to do. Justin doesn’t need or want this and like fuck am I going to let her continue do this to him. I’m so glad that the kids were over at maria’s house last night because there is no way they needed to see the the way people were behaving last night, I don’t want them to think it’s okay to be that rude in someones home.

 

 

 

I look at the time and realise that it’s time to get Gus and jenny and I just hope that their sleepover was fun, hearing about what they did might just cheer me up a little.

 

 

 

 

Michael

 

 

outside Ben and Hunter’s house

 

 

I’ve been banging on this door for at least 10 minutes now and that asshole still hasn’t opened the door to let me in. When i get in he is in so much trouble. The way he behaved towards me last night was unwarranted and he will not get away for being so disrespectful towards me. As for him saying that he’s leaving me, what a load of rubbish, he needs me. Who else is going to be so charitable to be in a relationship with someone who’s HIV positive. There is no way i’m going to let him leave me and if h tries I will make it as difficult as possible and make his life hell in the process.

 

 

 

“Sir please step away from the house.” I turn to see a police officer coming towards me. He called the police on me? fucker, he’s in even more shit with me now.

 

 

 

“I’m just trying to get back in, I left my key in there and needed to pick up something that Forgot when I…” the officer holds up his hand and interrupts what i’m saying.

 

 

 

“Don’t lie, I was called by the owner of the property to say that there was a disturbance and that he wished for us to come and deal with it. By lying about why you are here and what you were doing you’re not making things any better for yourself are you.” 

 

 

 

He steps towards me and reaches for his handcuffs and I start to walk away from him a little bit. How can he arrest me for trying to get into my marital home. I’ve not broken the law, he can go fuck himself. 

 

 

 

Unfortunately I didn’t get more that 4 feet away from him when he grabbed my arm and stopped me from being able to go anywhere.

 

 

 

“You are under arrest for Disturbing the Peace, and also resisting arrest.” as he escorts me to his car he begins reading me my rights but I’m not really listening. I Can’t believe this is happening to me.

 

 

 

 

 

Ben

 

 

How stupid is he. After everything I said yesterday he thinks it’s ok for him to come here banging on the doors demanding to get in. I was worried that he would be here when the locksmith arrived and get him to give him a key but now that he’s been arrested I can relax a little bit. Although I know I still have some important things to get done before I go into work this afternoon. The most time crucial thing is to gather up all documentation that proves that the house is only in my name and that he has never put any money towards the household. There is no way that when  he finds out that i’ve had the locks changed that he’s not going to claim that i’m breaking the law. 

 

 

 

I also have to file for divorce, I would love to be a fly on the wall when he gets served with that. Maybe then he will believe me since he didn’t seem to think I was serious about it. If he thinks that he is so important or that I can’t survive without him he’d better pay attention because I’m not going to play nicely as I prove him wrong.

 

 

 

Justin

 

 

Britin

 

 

He’s been working on this presentation for ages now but I’ve only just seen some of the artwork for it as I came in the room and although there are some things I would alter it looks incredible.

 

“So what exactly is this company doing, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like this before.” I ask him while I put down the cup of coffee that I just made for him.

 

 

 

“Thanks, Well they’ve been really successful with just using cars to chauffeur people around in but they wanted a new challenge, something completely original. They’ve just bought some private jets to use to Chauffeur people around in as well. Obviously the average person on the street wouldn’t be the main demographic for that part of the business but instead high end business people. Let me give you an example, Say some CEO of a company had a meeting across the other side of the country. Using commercial airlines is all well and good but think how many delays they have on a daily basis, it’s then a nightmare to get to meetings on time. So using a Private jet to get them from A to B on time without all the hassle they get on Commercial flights would appeal to them greatly.” 

 

 

 

“Wow, that’s amazing. I can’t believe nobody has thought of it before. this must be the best account you’ve had all year. When you win them over to Kinnetic, because let’s face it you are going to get this contract, we should go out somewhere nice to celebrate.” I tell him and get a smile in return.

 

 

 

“Of course i’m going to get them I Always get the best to sign with me. Is it childish of me to be looking forward to telling Michael about this company singing with me?”

 

 

 

“Why should he care?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Because you remember last night when Hunter was talking about his boyfriends parents company, this is them.”