- Text Size +


GUS


I look behind Daddy, and Jussin is smiling at him. I saw them kiss, it was real quick and they didn’t think I sawed, but I did! I must tell Momma! “Thank you for my juice, Daddy, but can I asks you something?”


“Yes, but it’s ask, you want to ask me something not asks. So what is it?” Daddy looks really happy. “Do you like Jussin? Is that why he is in your special car...again?”


“Yes, I like Justin, is that okay with you?”


“Oh, of course, he’s snuggly and draws really nice things and…” I check behind him. “...and I think he likes you too. He keeps looking at you.” I frown. “Will he have a room here, Daddy?”


“I am not sure, Sonny Boy, I haven’t…”


“I’m going to ask him. Jussin!” I yell and he sticks his head out of the kitchen. “I want...and I think Daddy does too, want to know…”


“Sonny Boy, can you have your…” Daddy butts in, but I want to know.


“Let him ask, Brian. What is it you and Daddy want to know?” Jussin asks me and I smile.


“We want to know if you are going to have a bedroom here, cos I think it would be neat if you did. You’d have to leave the blankey, though.” I look at it hopefully, folded neatly on the big squashy sofa. “I mean, please. Please, cos I like it and it is so soft.” Nobody says anything. “Are you, then?”


“I hope so.” Jussin answers, and Daddy smiles again.


“So, Daddy, you know what you have to do then don’t you?” I carefully move Tyra out of the way of my juice, so she doesn't get dripped on. I put my glass down and sigh. “Daddy, you need to ask him. He can’t say yes if you don’t ask.”


“So Justin, would you like to have a room here?” Daddy asks.


“Yes, I would very much. Thank you.”


“And do you know what, Jussin? When you get scared Daddy is the best hugger. I mean the bestest in the world!” I finish my juice. “So, when you get scared or just need a hug you can go to Daddy's room, and he will give it to you real good.”


“Sonny Boy! Come and help Daddy make lunch, you little rascal.”


“Jussin can help too?”


“Justin is our guest, so he gets to be looked after by us.”


“Okay, Daddy. Sit, Jussin. Sit down and I’ll get you a drink. Can I speak to Momma and everyone after we eat?”


“Yes, you can. And Sonny Boy, I will get you a blankey exactly like Justin’s okay, let him keep his.”


“Okay, Daddy.” I take his hand and pull him into the kitchen. “Come on Daddy, Jussin’s tummy is making funny noises and I don’t want him to ‘splode!”


JUSTIN


As I watch them go inside with Brian shaking his head, I reach for my phone. Ten minutes later, I have ordered three blankets, one for here, one for their new place and one, rather cheekily, for the Loft. You know, just in case he gets the flu...again.


CARL’S RESIDENCE - SAME TIME


MASTER BEDROOM


DELORES


I have never been so gently and tenderly made love to in my life, not even my late husband showed me this much consideration. He is snoring gently, but I have an unsettling feeling. “I got a new bed.” His quiet voice floats down so we sit up.  “Virtually immediately. I couldn’t bear to have a trace of her in the house, so relax if that is a thought going through your mind. I wanted a fresh start.”


“Good. Bathroom, and then speaking of fresh; I feel some fresh coffee is called for.” He nods and we brush our teeth in silence before I shoo him out so I can use the other facilities. He chuckles at my modesty now. “Oh hush.” I tell him firmly, and am kissed tenderly. “Oh, and by the way, the girls are coming to the party.”


“Now that should be interesting. Have they met her?”


“No, but they know of Batty Bitchy Britches and her Brokeass Resentful Tosser, or Bart as I have taken to calling him behind his back. And since they want to see Brian and to have more than a word or two, they are coming.” As he follows me down from the bathroom, I feel his eyes on me. “You do realise that I reserve the right to check out your ass the same way you are checking out mine on the way back up?”


“I look forward to it.” He rumbles and I feel a shiver go down my spine.


“Cold?” He stops me as I reach the bottom of the stairs, looking concerned.


“Ooh no. Back upstairs, you. The coffee can wait!” I growl and he takes the stairs two at a time.


EMMETT’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


EMMETT


Curses! Just fucking curses! I sigh as the Debmobile blocks my truck in and they get out. Resigned to my fate, and thinking of the long term aims, I put my bag down and am about to switch the coffee machine on but change my mind.


Let’s not give them a reason to dawdle...Michael does love my coffee. Correction, Michael loves Big Bad’s coffee, which he turned me onto...Michael loves and hates anything to do with Brian in equal measure! He’s a Brian dipsomaniac of the highest order, but soon he’s going to be going cold turkey and like the proverbial bird before Thanksgiving he’s not seen the axe yet.


“Debs, Michael, to what do I owe this pleasure?” I drawl, opening the door before the hammering starts.


“We’ve come to sort out the drinks for Ma’s Welcome Back Party.” He spouts, but Debs looks pensive...please God no, after all this time!


“Debs, is that true you want to finalise the details? Have you found out who is organising this for you?”


“No I haven’t. But I have my suspicions…”


“Why are we on the doorstep?” Michael moans shivering for emphasis, which would be fine if it wasn’t July!


“Because I am waiting for Debs to confirm that’s what she wants to do. If she does, you can come in. If she doesn’t, you will be on your way.”


“Ma! Come on, let’s get inside!” Michael shoulders her to get her moving, but she holds her ground. “Ma, I have other things to do and we’ve got to see Jenny, remember, which was your idea.”


“It should’ve been yours.” She mutters as I let them in.


Trouble in Novotny Paradise? Shame, such a terrible, terrible shame!


OUTSIDE BRIAN’S LOFT - SAME TIME


LINDSAY


I had dozed off, and am jolted awake by the sounds of Jenny’s voice. She is holding hands with Ben and Mel as they walk down the street. I am not sure where they are going, but I am going to find out. I step out of the car and rush after them. “Mel! Ben! Wait!” They turn around and I catch the looks on their faces. “Still being civil, I see.” I gripe.


“We are being civil but we are civilly going to get Jenny some lunch before she meets up with her father and grandmother.”


“I didn’t know they were seeing her today, why wasn’t I informed?”


“Don’t you get fed up of saying those words despite knowing the answer?” Ben sighs, and then picks Jenny up. “Look, Mel, I will take her to the restaurant, you can deal with that.”


And before I can stop him he is striding the street. “He is taking liberties. He’s not her father and…”


“You are not her mother, but she doesn't know that. But she does know that he is and will remain her Papa. Now what was it you wan...isn’t that Michael’s car? Why is attached to a tow truck?”


“Tow truck?” I echo and run back down the street with my heart pounding! He will bitch for days!


MEL


Oops my mistake…!


KINNETIC - MONDAY AFTERNOON


CONFERENCE ROOM


CYNTHIA


You can cut the tension between the two of them with a spoon. They are both glaring at each other. It’s amazing how they have the ability to push each other’s buttons with a single word. The word in this case being teak. Not brown but teak. But according to Brian, teak is not a colour, the colour he has on there is brown, more importantly shit brown and that is not staying on the board.


“Well, we will see what Nonna De Capio says, shan’t we?!” Justin snaps. “It is going on the board, and most likely nationwide or even globally!” He snatches said board off of the stand and marches out.


“God give me the strength not to spank some sense into him!” Brian growls as he jams the papers in his case. “Have you booked his car from his place or...his place?” He corrects himself swiftly and I say nothing to that remark.


“Cars have been arranged to pick you both up. You have your travel packs and, hopefully, you will have calmed down by the time you get to the parking lot.” He curls his lip derisively and then, with a sigh, stalks out to find his...for want of a better word, boyfriend.


DEBS HOUSE - SAME TIME


LOUNGE


MICHAEL


Well yesterday was great fun! It took Jenny a while to warm up to us but she did, so take that Ben! Not that he stayed long. Much to my annoyance, they stuck to their decision to only let us see her at my old house. I refuse to concede that it’s his now! I felt like a criminal the way that Mel didn’t actually leave us alone with her. Her pointing out that she was behaving no different than she would do in Canada had my eyes almost rolling back in my head. She just doesn't want Jenny to love us more now that she’s going to be living back here.


Gus came back talking about how nice his time with Daddy was, and what a nice walk in the woods they had and stuff that Brian most likely hated every second of. He’s just not cut out to be a father, not at all. Yeah, he loves Gus I suppose, but that’s fleeting, for only when he sees him.


He’s the Stud, the consummate fuck machine. He doesn’t feel and he doesn’t love anyone, well apart from me and I suppose Ma. But our love is different. This is why, as his best friend, I have to support him in his Studliness. The one thing the lummox was right about is that there is no room for Windsday anymore, she truly fucked up and I am so pleased, it’s just me and him now. He’s the King and long may we reign.


But I am getting really sick and tired of the snippy asides that Emmett keeps making. He seems to have forgotten that he was one of Ma’s lost boys too, and if it wasn’t for me bringing him in, he would be stuck with Godiva. He, like Brian and Ted owes us. They owe us, especially me, big time! I am the tie that binds us all together.


Lindsay was pissed at me because I forgot to tell her about the arrangement. She’s no longer Jenny's mother, and besides, she had another assignment. She had to find out where Brian was. She said that he was either holed up in the loft or out fucking and sucking somewhere...well, in Brian’s case it would just be fucking, he doesn’t suck off anyone!


PITTSBURGH AIRPORT - LATE AFTERNOON


BAR, FIRST CLASS LOUNGE


BRIAN


I apply a slick of lip balm and watch the door. He comes out looking a little dazed and wobbly of legs. Well, he shouldn’t have been such a brat then, should he? And a wrong one too! I told him that shit brown, not teak, shit brown, would not fly, and yet again he was found to be wrong. Nonna De Capio’s exact words were; perché è un marrone così schifoso? I just looked at him then asked if he wanted to explain to her why the board was such a shit brown. He apologised to her for his choice, but then sulked all the way to the airport, refusing to talk to me after the call. I said if he didn’t buck his ideas up by the time we got through security I would do something about it...


Start of flashback

BAR - 20 MINUTES PRIOR


BRIAN


I have bought us both a drink. While I am enjoying mine, he is staring mutinously anywhere but at me.


“Justin, stop sulking or this is going to be a fucking miserable trip. You were wrong, get over it and let’s have a nice time.” I growl in his ear as I am rapidly losing what little patience I have.


Silence.


“Justin, if you don’t stop this now. I will take you into the bathroom, pull down your pants and give you six of the best. Now, stop it. Gus is more mature than you in a time out!”


Silence and incredulous glaring.


“That’s it. Bathroom, now.”


“No.” He bites out.


“Fine. I will do it here. You will look great on YouTube.” He blinks at me as I stand up and grab his elbow, he tries to pull away but I tighten my grip.


“Brian?” He swallows hard. “Don’t. I’m sorry. Don’t.”


“Here or there...pick one.” I make my eyes flinty, my voice cold and flat.


“Please don’t.”


“Pick.”


“Th...there.” He whispers and I propel him forward, although he staggers slightly he does keep going.


I turn to the barman. “Can you do me a favour?” I ask, knowing he heard our tense discussion, he leans closer, then he smiles and nods.


MENS ROOM - 15 MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


If he lays a finger on my ass in a spanking kind of way, I will kick his ass! I am more than capable of kicking his ass, and I will kick his ass! For the sixth time the door opens, and it’s not him. Just let him fucking try! I am going to cancel the blanket! I’m going to scream the place down the moment he comes in here! I will...! I stop my thought process when the barman comes in. “I have a message for you, sir. He says you can come out now.”


“C-come out now?” I stammer.


“Yes. He’s ordered you a double Beam and some wings.”


“He...he did?” I blink rapidly and try to slow my racing heart.


“Yes. He’s moved to the private booth to the left of the bar. Your food will be ready in 20 minutes sir.”


“Th...thank you. Can you te...tell him I won’t be too long.”  I don’t know whether to laugh, cry or scream in relief.

End of flashback


PRIVATE BOOTH - 5 MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


He slides in next to me and takes off his jacket, I think I’ve pushed it too far but he was getting on my fucking nerves. Then he lifts up my arm and puts it over his shoulders before almost supergluing himself to my side.


“I wouldn’t have.” I murmur and kiss the top of his head.


“I would’ve deserved it. But still would’ve kicked your ass if you did.” He looks up at me his eyes blazing.


“No more pouting and silent treatment. I can’t stand silent treatment.”


He shuffles up and kisses me sweetly. “I promise nothing.”


“Fair enough. Your food is coming.”


“As we will be when we get to the villa.” He grins up at me and my cock twitches with happiness and I smile as I remember the email from Nonna De Capio...yeah this is going to be a great trip.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks