- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to Eleanor for the song ideas to throw Miss Grassi off the scent of where they are...genius!


MASTER BEDROOM - THREE HOURS LATER


JUSTIN


I blink awake as I feel him move away from me, and flick on the light. “Relax Tigger, just need to piss.” He mumbles, and I can’t help the little frisson of pride at the way he is now walking. “But since you are up, can you come and check, please?” I leap out of bed and rush to the en suite, but he gives me a reassuring smile. “Just a tiny bit tender.” He looks so sweet that my heart flips as he finishes peeing and turns that peachy ass towards me. “How’s it looking?” He calls over his shoulder.


“A little red. Do you want some balm?” I call up from my kneeling position.


“Please.” He replies as he checks out his hair. “Seriously, Tigger, how the hell did you come up with…” He pauses as I apply the balm...also known as my tongue. “...mmmm. I insist...oh yes...that you ap-apply that like that all the time!” I reach around for his beautiful cock and start to stroke, I watch him lean against the mirror resting his head on his forearms undulating and groaning. Soon he is calling my name before he shudders out his release. I follow minutes afterwards and smile as he slithers down to join me on the floor.


“Better?” I ask as he tucks my hair behind my ears.


“Much…” He replies, and then looks on either side of my head. “...you even have beautiful ears.” Slowly he stands up and reaches down for me. “Come on, let’s warm that bubble butt up. I am not having you bitching when you get a cold.”


“But just think how much fun watching Shelley read the sick form will be.” I laugh as he leads me to the shower.


“My adorable devil.” He chuckles as he turns on the water.


JOAN KINNEY’S HOUSE - MONDAY AFTERNOON


LOUNGE


JOAN


I rub my temple and shakily take another pill, I lean back against the sofa and wait for it to work its magic. This headache has nothing to do with my little tipple earlier, I haven’t had enough to warrant it since I was in that abomination’s office. No, this headache has to do with the conversation that I have had with my priest, well soon to be former priest. For a man of the cloth to hold such views and to paint me as the villain is just disgraceful!


“Mother.” I slowly open my eyes and glare at Claire, her voice is like the screaming souls of the damned. “Are you seriously going to leave the church?”


“Yes.” I retort. “He holds views that I find appalling.”


“He feels the same about yours, as do I.” She remarks, looking down her nose at me.


“Aren’t we Miss, oh wait now you’re married again, Mrs Sanctimonious!”


“I am not sanctimonious, Mother, I am ashamed!”


“As you should be! Getting married twice after I brought you up in the Catholic…”


“Brought up? Is that what you call what you did?!” She scoffs. “No, you abandoned us to booze and...and I abandoned him and that’s what I am ashamed of!”


“What are you talking about?!”


“I left him here! Every fucking night I left him here! I know he will never forgive me, nor will I forgive myself, but at least I admit that I did wrong instead of hiding behind God’s Holy Scriptures and The Ten Commandments. I have read them and nowhere does it say: drink self into oblivion so you can ignore the screams of your son! Nowhere does it say: palm son off on some other woman so that you don’t have to take responsibility! And definitely fucking nowhere does it say: thou shalt not be gay!


“I will not have…”


“No you won’t! Not anymore! The one thing I have always admired about Brian is his ability to keep going. No matter what, he keeps going. And having listened to you try to justify your behaviour to a priest has cemented my decision.”


“Oh, and what decision is that?” I sneer at her, knowing that she will be crawling back to me when her marriage no doubt implodes.


“I am moving to Connecticut. Arthur has been offered a transfer, and he wants to accept. So the boys and I are leaving.”


“Connecticut! Don’t be ridiculous! You will stay here and do your duty as a daughter!”


“Why? You didn’t do yours a mother.” She retorts and picks up her jacket.


“If you leave here now, don’t come back!” I snarl at her.


“I wasn’t going to.” She looks around the room one more time. “Goodbye, Mrs Kinney, hope you can live with the ghosts of your past. For they will be the only thing that keeps you company...well that and Mr Smirnoff!”


GROCERY STORE - NEAR DEBS AND MICHAEL’S NEW HOME - SAME TIME


MAMI


I pick up a squash and feel its weight. “Oh yes, that will be perfect for the pie.” Pearl nods and takes a quick peek behind me. “She still there?”


“Yep.” She grimaces. “Taking off that lame ass wig doesn’t miraculously turn her into someone else.”


“She has always had a superman complex apparently.”


“Shame neither her or her son have the dick to match! Seriously, Christopher Reeve owned those pants!”


“Well?!” The shrill tones of Miss Grassi interrupts our lustful thoughts.


“Well what?” I reply calmly, and also pull out my Lady, which she notices and backs up a couple of steps.


“I want to know where my grandchildren are?!”


“They are going loco down in Acapulco.” Pearl replies.


“No, I thought they were happy that you mean nothing to them in oooh Vienna?” Gladys joins us.


“You know, Ben did ask if going through here was the way to Amarillo, every night Gus would be hugging his blankey pillow.” I smirk, and then frown. “Wait, it is 5AM in Toronto, and we can call them now as they might be there too.”


“Look…” She begins.


“Oh, they could be leaving Las Vegas, Nashville or New York.”


“How would you feel if you were me?!” She exclaims.


“What kind of question is that?! Why would you even think that anybody but you two could do something so cruel?!” Pearl draws herself up to her full 6 foot height. “And think that it’s okay?”


“For fuck sake, he’s made from good Irish stock! If he couldn’t take…”


“Finish that sentence and I swear to God I will put you on the floor! It may take me some time, but I will put you there!”


“Vic!” She whirls around to face him. “And where the fuck have you been?! I have been…”


“You have been what exactly?” He fumes. “Looking for me to remind me of my wrongdoings? That blood family comes first? To ask me how I dare abandon you for Brian? Let me tell you this, once and for all. Both you and your son are dead to me! What you did to Brian, my son, was so cruel, so utterly degenerate, that I will be ashamed for the rest of my life that we share the same blood and name! But you know what? The blood I can't change, the name I can!”


“Now what fucking crap are you talking about? How can you change your name? You were born a Grassi and you will die a…”


“Miller! I will die a Miller. Rodney and I got married before he died and I took his name. And even if I hadn't, changing one’s name is easy as pie, isn't it oh former Mrs Novotny? Only my marriage was real, not a hoax to keep my son from finding out his father is a drag queen who wouldn't have fucked you again with someone else’s dick after the alcohol wore off!”  


“You got married and didn't tell me?! After all I have done for you?! Who was there for you when you started to get sick, before you abandoned us here to move to fucking New York for one last pathetic hoorah before you die? You know what? It’s a shame you didn't die already, you bastard! I hope you rot in hell once you finally do, together with your diseased husband, who is already there, and that good for nothing pathetic freak you declared your son, whose constant need to fuck and suck will get him there sooner rather than later!”


“You know what? Even if what all those zealots say is true and all of us fags will go to hell, the ones who already have a VIP section with their name on it is you and your spawn! You are nothing but one bitter, heartless scumbag who has lost everything! You have no friends, no love, and the only family you have left is that awful son of yours. You call me a bastard? Get your facts straight! The only bastard in this story is that worthless pile of meat you call your son! You call Brian pathetic? Look at what you have born! Michael’s only purpose here is to show people the true meaning of pathetic! And now you better run, Ms Grassi, before this diseased old fag makes you!”


“I could kick your ass be…” She interrupts but then shuts up when Pearl glares at her, so instead turns to leave.


“Oh, and before you go, one more thing! I want you to know where I am living. I am living in my son’s house in Franklin Place, I’m on North Franklin Street and Mel and the kids are on Sheffield Street. It saves you following these ladies - from who you could learn how to be one - around!”


“Is everything okay here?” A security guard demands as he comes up and is unfortunately bumped by her as she barges passed. “Hey! Manners, Mister!”


DEBS


I storm out with tears burning in my eyes and their laughter ringing in my ears. Mister, that bastard called me Mister! And married! He got fucking married and said nothing to me after all I did! I head to the car and get in. Taking a couple of breaths, I gun the engine and head back home. If he thinks that this is over, he’s oh so fucking wrong!


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


LOUNGE


MICHAEL


“So are we going now?” I am smiling more than I have in days. “I can’t wait to see their faces when they know we know where they are!”


“How long do you reckon it will take to get there?!” Ma shouts from the landing.


“Two hours max!” I yell back, and then recheck the satnav. While we don’t know the actual house for Vic Miller, I think I have found the house for Mel, I look at the picture on my phone again and it is, it’s definitely it. “Ma! I found it! The one he bought for Mel, I have found it!”


She thunders down the stairs. “Are you sure?! Show me!” She demands and I show her the screen. “Yes! That’s it! Look at that!” She notes down the address. “Put that in the satnav and let’s start with her. The kids are still on holiday aren’t they?”


“I don’t know.” I reply and she glares at me.


“What? I don’t.”


“Michael, before this all went to shit and Mel said she was moving back, she sent you the school details.”


“She did? I don’t remember that. I had other things to worry about like…ow!” I rub the back of my head where she popped me.


“Find the email and then you can see if the school is closed now. If so, then it stands to fucking reason that she’s going to be home and we can go to her first!”


“Alright. Alright.” I gripe and start to look through the emails.


“That one! The one that says ‘schools’!” She bellows in my ear, wincing I open it and they are on holiday.


“Let’s go!” I tell her and then sigh as she heads to the kitchen. “What are you doing now?”


“Going to make an ice box cake!”


“An ice...what on earth for?!” I exclaim as I follow her starting to fume, I want them and him to know that we know where they are!


“They’re not going anywhere. I want their neighbours to see us as the good guys and them as the bastard and bitch keeping us away from your daughter and my grandchildren!”


“But…”


“And besides, if you paid more attention, you’d know that this is Jenny’s favourite!”


LIBERTY AVENUE DINER - AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


I am seeing things! Surely I must be seeing things?! I couldn’t believe it when Shelley gave me the message but curiosity got the better of me. But yeah, there, sitting in my diner, is my sister! I push open the door and Kiki calling my name gets Claire’s attention. She looks nervous and starts to get up but then sits down again.


“Is the office free, Kiki?”


“Yes! Del is at the PFLAG meeting, back later!” She replies as she, Cheryl and Angelique, who Del hired to replace Ms Grassi, serve the customers.


“Thanks.” As I pass her table I pause. “With me.” She just nods and follows.


OFFICE


CLAIRE


I haven’t seen him for almost a year, and even then it was a brief glimpse as he strode down the street and I have to admit those admiring glances he got are totally justified! “You are looking very well.” I begin and sit down in the seat he gestures at.


“The love of a good man will do that as well as being released from shackles and leashes. I believe you are the final....”


“I’m sorry.” I blurt out. “For abandoning you. For everything. I know it is not much of a thing to say now, but I am. I looked after myself and should’ve done more. I was so glad to get out of there that I didn't spend one second to think about you. I married John and switched one nightmare for another. The only good thing this marriage brought me are my boys. How did you name them? The demon spawn? That's another thing, they were poisoned, not only by me, Mom and Dad, but John did quite a number on them as well. But when we left... John, I mean, we started therapy. I couldn't stand their beliefs anymore. All those cruel things that were beaten into them...literally...and it was a huge help. Actually, it was more like an exorcism. It turned out that Peter never had anything against gay people, and John is gay himself. He is my son and I love him so much. And I love you! And finally I am not too scared anymore to admit it. I love you, Brian, and I am sorry! I am so, so sorry!”


“He hit the boys? Did he hit you too, Claire?” I look up and Brian looks furious. “Why the fuck didn’t you say anything?! You are my sister, I would’ve stopped that shit immediately and got you safe!”


“I thought that was what I deserved for what I let you suffer. Mom made it clear that I should stick with the marriage, but then he hit John just one time too many and that was it. I just packed up and went to a refuge. Mom made it clear that if I came to her she would tell him where we were.”


“Fuck, Claire!” He explodes, and I flinch. “So where are you now?”


“I’m remarried.” I wiggle my finger and he reaches for my hand then nods approvingly. “His name is Arthur. When I got out of the refuge, I moved out of the city and restarted my life. Mom was, of course, disgusted, and ashamed, and then furious when I wouldn’t give her my new address. When I could get them to visit we always met in the city…”


“Did he ever show up?” He demands.


“No. Once the divorce was finalised, he didn’t bother with us.”


“So this Arthur. He’s...you know that’s the first time I have seen you blush. He makes you happy?”


“Yes. So much. And...and we’re moving out of Pittsburgh to Connecticut. He’s got a transfer, and...I wanted to give you my new address if you want it.”


“I would like it, thank you.” I heave a sigh of relief as I hand it to him. “And thanks again.” I frown. “For just someone to say sorry. Thank you.” He sighs sadly and then reaches into the drawer. “Hang on.” He gets up and heads to the door, calling for two coffees and they appear in minutes. “Say when.” He orders after they are placed down and he starts to pour brandy, I say nothing for a good minute. “Claire?”


“When.” I reply with smile.


“Do you remember?” He asks taking a sip.


“I remember every night that…”


“Not that. Do you remember the first time we got drunk on brandy?”


I cough into my coffee and nod. “I was so sick and could never look at a peppermint again for a long time! You kept making me eat them to clear my breath! How did we get away with him not finding out?”


“I pissed in it to top it up.”


“You…”


“It was mostly booze anyway, and the same colour.” He shrugs and bites his lip then clears his throat. And I can’t help it, I start to laugh and he starts to smile. “I watched him drink every drop. But the best bit was when he asked me to get him another bottle of it.”


“Brian! You didn’t!” I shriek.


“Yep, poured half of it away and topped it up with piss. Only stopped when I got to two full bottles of non-piss brandy. He was most disappointed when the store was no longer stocking it.”


“But surely he would’ve gone to the store and checked.”


“He could’ve, but when I pointed out to the store owner that he was selling booze to a minor; they just put them under the counter, a small prohibition as it were.”


We sit in silence for a few minutes, finishing off our coffee and he looks at his watch. “I need to get back for a meeting with a dear friend.” I look at him and see his eye roll. “You can handle them on your own?” I ask. “Or does this person need a KBSB?”


“A what? What are you talking about?” He asks, shaking his head, but he’s smiling.


“A Kinney brother sister bomb. You know, I could free some more time.” I look up and grin. It feels pretty awesome to be able to joke around and to show him that I am on Team Brian now.


“Thank you, oh big sister, but that bitch I can handle blind and with both arms bound at my back. But I appreciate the offer. I really do. Speaking about offers...” He clears his throat and then looks at me again, a little shyly. “...I could tell you all about it over breakfast tomorrow if you’re not busy.”


“I would love to hear about it. What time?”


“About 9.30?” I nod and smile. “Oh, and before you move, can we have dinner together? I want you to meet Justin, and I can't let you move away without giving your husband the hurt them and I kill you speech. Besides, I need to see the demon spawns as well, to make sure, they aren't devils any longer, and for them to meet their cool gay uncle. And for all of you to know, that you always have family here, no matter what.”


“We move in two weeks, so yeah, I’d love to have dinner with you. You know, to give your Justin the hurt him and I hunt you down and kill you speech.” He smiles at that. The first genuine smile I have seen in years. “And to remind you, that you have family in Connecticut. A family you are welcome to visit any time you want, so don't be a stranger.”


“I won’t be. Look, here’s my card, it has all my personal numbers on it. And stay and eat, it’s on me for as long as you are in still in the Pitts.”


“I will.” I stand up. “Is this where we fist bump or do an awkward hug?”


“A KBSAH will be just fine. You know, a Kinney brother and sister hug.”


“Then come here, you lunkhead.” I order and embrace him tightly before sniffing.


“Don’t cry. We’re good now.” He mutters.


“Oh, I know that. It’s your hair, it smells so good and looks so shiny! Where do you get that done?”


“Tigger Barbers, only does male hair and very early in the morning.”


“Oh that’s a shame, it looks fabulous. Wait, just how early?”


“When I drag him out of bed.” He laughs. “And he takes blowjobs as payment, but only from me.”


“I have absolutely nothing to say to that.” I giggle and then follow him out.


KINNETIC - HALF AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


I am feeling pretty damn good today! I have made peace with my sister, and I am finally going to give Lindsay what for! She has been a pain in my ass for the last time! Mel has told me that she’s pregnant and is most likely going to come wailing to me for money! Not a hope! As I come into the office, I come to a stop. Jennifer, Craig and Justin are all there, and Cynthia is nowhere in sight. The last time I had an intervention like this, they had the notebooks.


“What’s happened?” I demand, and Justin takes my hand.


“Brian, please sit down.” Jennifer tells me, and I do as I am told. “I received a phone call last night.”


“Did they threaten you? Were they abusive?” I growl.


“Threat...oh no. Not from them. From Ronald and Nancy Peterson. It seems there was one more notebook and they have it.”


“How the hell do they have it, and why do they have it?”


“The notebook belonged to Miss Grassi, and it seems she sent it to them with a note saying that Lindsay had it and she paid her thousands of dollars to have it returned.”


I swallow hard. “What else did the note say?”


“That’s all they would tell us.” Craig hands me a Beam. “But when Justin said she was coming to see you, well there was no way, you were seeing her alone. No way. Now, put her off for an hour.  Please?”


“Okay and thank you. Thanks for being here.”


“Always.” Justin leads me to the en suite and closes the door behind us.


BRIAN’S OFFICE - AN HOUR LATER


LINDSAY


I settle down in the office and sip my coffee. I am waiting for Brian to come in, he’s running a few minutes late, according to Shelley. As the door opens, I affix a smile and turn to it only to find Justin coming in. He looks at me briefly, but other than that says nothing.


“Justin, for fuck sake!” I hear Brian bellow and hide my smile. Trouble in paradise so soon, what a shame. “You are so wrong!”


“No I am not!” He shouts back and starts to go through Brian’s drawers.


“Um…” I begin.


“Told you it was here!” He crows as he pulls out something from his drawer.


“Then you must have planted it!” He snaps as he comes in and throws his coat at the sofa, I am not impressed when it lands on me!


“Brian!” Justin and I say at the same time, but while I am indignant at being used as coat stand; by the time I get the coat off me and look at them, there is clearly no trouble in paradise! He has Justin pulled tight against him and is kissing him...with his hands down the back of his pants.


“Ahem!” I clear my throat loudly but that doesn’t get them to stop kissing.


“Boys! For heaven sake, we have company!” I am stunned to see Craig Taylor striding into the office, followed by Jennifer. “Brian, kindly do not fondle my son in front of us, kiss yes...fondle no.”


“Sorry, Craig, but…”


“Yes, if you could remove your hands from his in our presence then we can get this meeting started.” Jennifer laughs, and sits down next to me. “So this is the dear friend, is it?”


“Excuse me, Jennifer, Craig, I just need to…”


“Mr and Mrs Taylor. This is our son, Master Taylor.” She points at Justin and sighs. “Justin!” She declares. “Come and sit here!”


“But…”


“Yes. You are to leave his alone too! Sit!” Brian smirks as Justin plonks down next to his mother.


“Mrs Taylor, I need to speak to Brian, and would like that to happen without an audience, so could you..”


“Not going to happen, Lindsay dear.” Jennifer interrupts with an icy WASP smile.


“It’s Ms Peterson to you then!” I retort. “Now, I really need you to leave…”


“No. Not going to happen, Ms Peterson.” Craig tells me coldly. “When Justin told us how you behaved when you were at Mel’s house, and knowing the history of you two, well, we are not going to allow the man that Justin loves and I have come to see as a son, be manipulated by you. So either state your business or be on your way, because you are never going to see him alone ever again.”


“Brian, are you really allowing them to speak to me like this? Since when do you let others dictate how you handle your business? And people you have only known for such a short time?”


“They have, in such a short time, shown more honesty than you have in all the time I have known you. What do you want, Lindsay? You want to see me, I have been more than happy not seeing you. And why the need to see me alone? Because you want what? Money? Not going to happen!”


“Brian, you don’t know the situation I am in!” I sob.


“You’re pregnant and don’t know who the father is.”


“Preg…” I begin, and then break down completely. “Obviously I can’t abort the baby now, but what am I going to do? I haven’t reported it to the police…”


“Why would you need to report anything to the police?” Jennifer asks. “Did you fuck an under aged boy at the orgy and feel the need to confess one of your many sins? Besides, it’s not as if Andrew Gailsford dragged you there by the hair…well, not the one on your head anyway.” She is definitely mocking me!


“Wh...what are you talking about? I wasn’t at an orgy! I was…”


“I swear I will smack you so hard, baby or no baby if you say you were raped!” Justin growls at me. “You went to an orgy with your lover. You got knocked up. How dare you play a victim of anything but getting your needs met!”


“You know…”


“Oh, did you forget that I was there when you made that comment to Mel about her lack of prowess in the bedroom? Not that Ben seems to have a problem with it!”


“Ben…” I blink rapidly. “...what does Ben have to do with any of this?”


“Oh didn’t DeVore and Grassi tell you? They happily shared a bed and I didn't hear any complaints by either one of them. So maybe it was you all the time? You know, lack of enthusiasm and all?”  


“What was it she called her again, Justin?” Jennifer queries with a smirk. “Same as that courier company, FedEx, no that’s not it, DHL, dead haddock Lindsay.”


“Brian!” I look at him, too shocked to continue crying. “How can you let them say that? To me?! We have been dear friends for so long now…”


“We were, Lindsay, we were friends! At least I was your friend. You made it pretty clear that you were never mine!”


“What makes you think that?! You are the father of Gus, I would…”


“But you stopped being his mother. No friend of mine would ever do that. You will never be any more to me than the body that carried my child. Sorry our child, mine, Mel and Ben’s and…”


“Mine.” Justin interrupts and the room goes quiet.


“You?” I gasp. “You will never be anything to my child! Just because Brian didn't throw you out already…”


“And I have no intentions of doing so. Two things, one you don’t have a child apart from the one you are carrying. And secondly, Gus loves him and so do I…”


“You don’t love fucking him!” I snarl.


“Doesn’t it get boring being this delusional, I mean?” Jennifer says with a little un-WASP eyeroll.


“I am not delusional! Brian is! He has his ass one time and then decides in the midst of all of this trauma that…”


“We hadn’t made love when he said it.” Justin simpers.


“You are lying!”


“Nope. He’s not. We were in Tuscany and I told him before I made love to him. Made love, not fucked, made love.” He smiles at a pink cheeked Justin. “I didn’t get too far up the path before he said it back.”


“Of course he’s going to say he loves you! You’re a millionaire for fuck sake! And that’s another...”


“As is Justin. He inherits on his 30th birthday.” Craig interrupts.


“Dad!” Justin exclaims.


“You inherit. Put it wherever you want, but you inherit. Molly gets hers and you get yours, end of discussion.”


“Lindsay, anything else you want to talk about, or are we finally through?” Brian smirks.


I stand up and look at him, then I start my sweetest WASP smile. “Yes, one last thing. You really need to talk to Debbie about the notebook she has. She has written down every time she had Jack Kinney beat the crap out of you, every bill she got you to pay for her, every single penny, she got you to spend for Michael. Every time she got you to cater to her whims, just like the weak pathetic idiot that you are. You think that anybody loves you for you? Think again! All they love is your money! And Justin is no exception, after all, he still has a couple of years before his 30th birthday, hasn't he?”


“My, you have been busy researching our family tree, haven’t you Ms Peterson. But that delightful vituperative speech has laid you open to one little thing. How do you know about the notebook? Did you parents tell you?”


I freeze as I reach for the door handle and turn back to face her. “What do you mean by that?”


“We thought that you were coming here to out your, now what did she call her?” Craig looks across at Brian.


“Daph?” He nods. “Oh, cuntrade in arms.”


“Yes, cuntrade in arms. Seems that the only person the Grassi creature told were your parents, but it’s the note that came with it that should worry you and worry you a great deal. Now, do get along little doggie get along.”


“Oh Lindsay before you fuck out of my life apparently forever. I knew about the notebook and the note. I knew. Didn’t you think it was a little odd that I am not upset or even angry at you? Fuck, I am not even surprised. I am just like meh...so what she’s been a crushing grasping disappointment again. But not as angry and upset as your parents are. I mean...it’s more than 30 pieces of silver that you got isn’t it Judas?” For a few seconds we stare at each other. “Leave and be grateful for no restraining order. I have to leave you something to support that child on. Because like you and your cuntrades in arms, you will be back.”


I open the door and once again find my face full of coat, and when I take it off my face, Cynthia is just pointing to the exit.


TAXI TO LINDSAY’S HOTEL - 20 MINUTES LATER


I can’t believe what has just happened! But that can wait, first I need to see if what they have said is true! Taking a steadying breath, I dial my parents’ number.


“Mother, it’s me, Lindsay. I...yes I know a Debbie Grassi.” I start to feel violently sick, and this has nothing to do with morning sickness! My parents did not approve of Mel and me, but they do adore Gus and I’ve not quite told them that I have lost my rights to him or anything else for that matter. “...yes, Mother, I will be there as soon as I can.” I lean my head back against the seat. “Excuse me, driver. Can you drop me off somewhere else please?”


“You’re lucky we didn’t get too far! Where is it?”


“Shadyside, 1284 Shadyside Avenue.”


“Okay. This the final destination for sure?”

 

“Yes.” I sigh...the question is how final it is going to be for me?!

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thank you.