- Text Size +


LINDSAY’S HOTEL - NEXT MORNING


LINDSAY


I lie here reeling and fuming. If Debbie thinks she has gotten away with dumping me in the shit with my parents, she has another think coming! I slowly sit up, and then have to run to the bathroom. Five minutes later I am washing my mouth out and taking some more time to think about what happened…


Start of flashback

PETERSON RESIDENCE - YESTERDAY EVENING


LOUNGE


LINDSAY


Mother looks at me then she just shakes her head. I try to gauge Daddy as she sits down next to him.


“Where is my ex-grandson?” Daddy demands before Mother can say anything, much to her surprise.


“Ex...what exactly has…”


“Read.” Daddy clips out and hands me the note that came with the notebook, I take it and my eyes fill. “Out loud. I want to hear what you have done from your lips!”


“Da…”


“Read.” He hisses.


Dear Mr and Mrs Peterson, This is the notebook of shame. Shame for me to have started it, and shame for Lindsay to have found it and not shown it to her best friend and the father of her child, Brian Kinney. I am not proud of the contents of the notebook, but I hold my hands up to it. I should not have done it, but it has cost me my true son and my reputation and standing in the community, which like you is important to me. As well as keeping this notebook, your bisexual daughter has been keeping other things from you. She has lost the rights to Gus and Jenny. She is living in Pittsburgh, and she demanded $10,000 to return this book to me, which I paid, but that makes her a liar, a thief and a blackmailer doesn’t it? Oh, you are fucking kidding me?!”


“So, here is what we are going to do…” Daddy takes a sip of his brandy and I say nothing as I am slightly taken aback with his assertive tone, as Mother normally deals with the disciplining of us. So I do what I normally do when he is doing his stern Daddy, I tune him out and can see Mother doing the same. “Lindsay! I said do you want your inheritance? If you do then you will do this!!”


“Do? Sorry what is it you are making her…” Mother begins as we jolt back into the room.


“I’m pregnant!”


That shut you up didn’t it?!


“Whose is it? If there is a baby at all.”


“Daddy! As if I would lie about that!” I exclaim, and rest my hand on my stomach.


“Answer the question.” He growls...since when does Daddy growl?


“I…”


“You don’t know, do you?” He sighs.


“It was via artificial insemination!” I declare and they look surprised.


“I wanted another child, but Brian was reluctant. Mel was reluctant. So I decided to go it alone.”


“I see. Now to answer your earlier question, Nancy, she is to go to the Taylors, they will be back at eight, and apologise for keeping this hideousness from their son’s partner. Then you will apologise to Brian for that as well. Once you have...do not speak...once you have done that, I will buy you a nice place to live…”


“Alright, I will do what you ask, Daddy, although I don’t feel what I did was wrong. I was keeping…” I am stopped in my justification by an ear piercing whistle.


Daddy wipes his fingers on the sofa and Mother cringes. “But that nice place buying will not happen until I have seen your abject apology to my satisfaction. So that means, my dear daughter, I will be going with you. Now we have…” He looks at his watch. “...half an hour. Get your sorry face on.”


HALF AN HOUR LATER


TAYLOR RESIDENCE


LOUNGE


I seethe at the smug looks on their faces, all three of them! I grind my teeth as Daddy clears his throat to prompt me to speak.


“I am sorry for what I did with…”


“Didn’t. The word you are looking for is didn’t. As in, when you found it, you didn’t give it to Brian.” Justin retorts. “So when was it?”


“When was what?”


“When did you, when it suits you, bestest dearest friend and mother, find it?!” Justin continues.


“A few years ago, and…”


“Do you get off on people’s pain?” He sneers. “I mean, your adorable little speech on Friday clearly shows that you like causing it. But reading it, how does that feel to you? Do you writhe around with your hands down your knickers and…”


“JUSTIN!” His dad yells.


“Not sorry.” He retorts and then stands in front of me. “Where are they?”


“Where’s what?” I sigh.


“The things she sent. Where?” He demands.


“Here.” Daddy replies and hands them to me. “Give them to him like you should have given that to his partner when you first fucking found it!” I take them from Daddy and hand them to him. My face burns as he reads the note.


“I can’t say thank you for this, in the traditional sense, but thank you, Mr Peterson. There is just one other thing. Is this it? I mean, you held this in those claws for so long didn’t you, Vampira? Is this it? There is nothing else? Can you crawl under that fucking rock that Daddy will buy you with no recourse to Brian? Because, just in case you haven’t fathomed it in that malicious swamp of a brain of yours...I will fight for him. Every fucking battle that he can’t fight, I will. So is that it?”


“Yes.” I reply too tired to lie. I just want to go home and sleep!


“Good. Now I suggest you get out of my parents’ house and try to explain to your parents, as I don’t think you have, how you got pregnant after an orgy!”


For a couple of seconds you can hear a pin drop. Both Mother and Daddy sit there, mouths agape. I am blushing a deep scarlet. Then Daddy explodes: “For fuck sake, Nancy! I thought you brought them up with better morals than this!”


“Ronald, what the hell do you mean by that?!” Mother exclaims.


“You created this monster! Your first born, your beauty, your darling. The one to carry on the Peterson name into the stratosphere...well, I believe the stratosphere is in the sky and not the gutter!”


“Ronald!” Mother exclaims.


“Why the hell did you do that?!” I scream at Justin.


“So you know how being betrayed feels.” He replies. “Now excuse me, I am going to see Brian. And then on Saturday, Mel, Gus, Jenny and Vic are coming around for dinner. Mr and Mrs Peterson, I will talk to Brian about you coming around to see Gus and Jenny, but you will appreciate that he might not feel so inclined.”


“We understand. But if you can explain that we had no idea about…” Mother begins.


“Why not Mel?” Daddy interrupts, and I want to die! “Are she and Brian still not speaking to each other? It’s been months, surely her dipping into the support account has been forgiven by now. We replaced the money when her parents couldn't.”


“Good God, how deep are your lies?!” Justin demands. “The person to dip was, I should imagine, your daughter, and she’s been hiding money, which by the way Mel knows about. As for why not Mel, she doesn’t know about the notebook yet. Brian is going to tell her.” He leans down to kiss his parents goodbye, and I feel cut to the quick at their acceptance of his life. “I am going to guess that you don’t know that she and Mel are also divorced, right?”


“Div...no, we didn’t know. Look, Jennifer, can you give Justin our, no my email address? I want full disclosure, which is something that I won’t get from my daughter!” Daddy is pale and embarrassed, if that were possible!


“Of course.” Mrs Taylor simpers. “Let me call you tomorrow. Justin, are you taking a cab or the service?”


“I’ve already called the service for him darling. They are waiting outside.”


“Okay. So there is no need for you to be here any longer, is there? Oh, one other thing…” His mother says as she stands and waves us towards the door. “...the apology to Brian. Don’t bother. He doesn’t want it and won’t believe it.”


“I don’t blame him.” Daddy mutters as he stalks out.

End of flashback


I tap my phone on my hand and try to think how I can get back into the good graces of my parents and get them to not ship me off to my Aunt in Paris, which would normally not be a problem if they didn't mean Paris in fucking Texas!


“First things first.” I declare as I stand up. “Is to go back to those idiots and let them have it, and then try to persuade Brian to appease my parents! If they know that he has forgiven me then they will!”


With a plan in mind I head to the bathroom.


JUSTIN’S TOWNHOUSE - SAME TIME


MASTER BEDROOM


JUSTIN


Once more I almost drop the hairdryer and glare at his unrepentant expression. “Brian! I won’t do it if you don’t behave! You want to look your best for breakfast right?!”


“Yes. But It’s just so close and twitchy, so very twitchy and...ouch!” He rubs his shoulder where I jabbed him with the tail comb. “Oh, alright, I will let my very naked and sexy barber’s cock be unmolested.”


“Thank you.” I take a step back and will my cock down before standing behind him. “So, what are you going to do with it?” I indicate the envelope with the note and notebook.


“Show it to Claire and to Mel like we discussed, and she can give it to the Gaggle.”


“And then what?” I ask, gently kissing where I jabbed him.


“Not thought that far yet.”


“Okay, let me know if you want me to be there when you make a decision as to what you want to do.”


“I want you to be there.”


“Good. Now...how is that unmolested?!” I growl as his hand finds its way up my thigh.


“I said cock, I didn’t say anything else!” He smirks, and, gripping the hairdryer tightly, I restart doing his hair.


DINER - AN HOUR LATER


CLAIRE


I look around the newly refurbished diner and smile. I never came down here before, but from what I have been hearing from the customers, it’s an improvement. I look at the pictures from the PFLAG Dinner, and marvel at how happy he looks. And the looks he is giving a particularly beautiful blonde, who...when I read the label...is called Justin!


“Oh, Brian, he is a hot one.” I murmur, and after reading all the tags and the menu, I make a note of the PFLAG President’s email so that I can ask her about chapters in Connecticut.


“Morning.” His rich brogue makes me smile and I turn to hug him


“Can you please just tell me at least where you get them from? You smell delicious!”


“No. I will get you a set and a set for John. He may as well start being fabulous now. I will bring it when we meet for dinner.”


“Okay.” I grin and sit down and then notice how sad he looks. “How bad was it?”


“Awful.” He replies, and slides an envelope towards me and I pull out a notebook and a piece of paper. I read the paper first and start to tremble as I read Miss Grassi’s words and can imagine Mother saying them. “He wouldn’t let me read them.”


“Justin?” I fold the paper and he nods. “Okay, let’s see…” I open the first page and want to cry, but this is not what he needs to see. I don’t know how long I sat there reading, but when I finish I know two things; if I ever meet Debbie Grassi and his so called best friends Michael and Lindsay, Arthur is going to use his oh so considerable influence to find me an attorney, and I am so glad that we are moving! “Can I keep this?” I ask.


“What for?” He looks wary. “I have to show it to Mel. She’s Gus’s…”


“Did you promise Justin you wouldn’t read it before you showed it to Mel?” I interrupt and he gives a quiet snort. “That’s why.” I tell him and put them back in the envelope and then in my bag.


“Does he know you don’t break your promises?” I smile at his expression.


“No.”


“Remind me to tell him.” I then frown, then dig out my phone and look at the email address I noted down. “So he’s the hot blonde?” I point to the pictures and he blushes...my brother blushes!


“Yes….”


“And she’s his mother?”


“Yes.” He blushes even more.


“Aha!” I exclaim and quickly start to send the email.


“Claire, what are you doing?” He asks as he sips his coffee and then his brain catches up. “I can’t believe you are telling his mother!” He exclaims, and tries to take away my phone but I keep moving out of his reach.


“Claire, give me that!”


“No!” I laugh.


“Can you at least let me see it before you send it?!” He demands getting out of his seat and taking off his jacket.


“Brian, what are you doing?!” I demand, and an old age memory from childhood springs to my mind. “Brian Aiden Kinney you will not do this!” I exclaim, and clamber over the booth clutching my phone to me.


“Kiki, do not let her in the office!” Brian bellows.


“Yes, boss!” Kiki yells laughing and runs to block my path.


“Now Claire, about that email…”


“I will copy you in! I promise!” I exclaim and manage to get behind the counter and shut the entrance to it.


“You had your chance to do that. Shame you didn’t take it then.” He smirks as he hops over the counter. “So what’s it to be? Ribs or feet? I can pin you, you know that.”


“Brian! I am your older sister and…someone catch this!” I shout and throw my phone and his jaw drops. “Catch and hit send! Hit send!” I scream.


“Don’t you fucking dare!” He yells, watching the trajectory of my phone and it has been caught by a dark haired man who grins at him.


“Ooops!” He snickers and then heads to the booth we were in and puts my phone down.


“Wolverine, you are barred!”


“No he’s not!” Kiki shouts back giggling. “Now both of you, out from behind there! Let me get me your usual, or do you want an avocado and bacon sandwich?”


“The latter.” Brian snickers as he saunters passed her.


“And for you, Claire?”


“Oatmeal and toast.”


“Seriously, how can you eat that shit?!” Brian exclaims as he pinches a tomato from the bowl.


LIBERTY AVENUE - 5 MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY


I was going to call Debbie and let her have it but then realised she only told my parents about the $10,000, so she can claim this little victoire! Daddy may want to ship me off to Texas, but the extra $60,000 I have doesn’t mean I will stay there! But, as I resolved this morning, when, not if, Brian forgives me and lets them see Gus, then my little mishap will be forgotten, as will Texas! As I stride up the street towards the Loft, having found out that he’s not in the office this morning, I am relieved that those filthy looks by association that Mel’s neighbour mentioned don’t seem to have come to fruition. I have to admit to also being a bit hungry, I cross my fingers in the hope that he’s not living on air and has some food in the Loft! As someone comes out of the diner I catch a whiff of bacon and eggs, but it’s what I see that halts my journey. Brian is sitting there smiling and eating with Claire! His sister, Claire! This is perfect! I could always get that dumpy impressionable cow on my side!


I keep walking, just in case he saw me, and then turn back so that I can make my grand, pleading tearful entrance!


CLAIRE


I slow the eating of my breakfast and wait. I place my spoon on the table and start on the pile of buttered toast.


“Brian!” Lindsay exclaims as she comes up to us with tears streaming down her face. “You have to help me! I am not asking for money! I...oh Claire!” She sniffs and dashes the tears off her face before taking a deep breath. “May I sit…”


“No.” Brian retorts and reaches for his coat but I push down on his foot and he stops.


”Brian, don’t be so unfeeling! Lindsay whatever has happened?!”


“I just need to speak to Brian privately, he needs to speak to....”


“What about? The KBAS have no secrets from each other.”


“The K...anyway, Brian, if you could see your way to letting my parents see Gus that would…”


“Lindsay, please sit down.” I get up and gesture her inside the booth and she almost collapses in relief. “Now continue.” I keep my eyes fixed on her and not on Brian, who has a ghost of the Kinney Sneer playing on his lips.


“As I was saying.” She starts to sniff again. “Him letting them see Gus, will go some way to my parents forgiving me.”


“For what?”


“That’s irrelevant right now, Brian. Please, can you…”


“So you didn’t find this book at that monkey’s house and keep it knowing the contents? By the way!” I raise my voice and the diner goes quiet. “Miss Grassi had a notebook all of her own and details everything; each time she went to our spunkdumper. Tells all about the money that she got from Brian for Michael, for herself and other things that I am not going to mention. And she paid this damsel in distress $10,000 to get it back.” I turn back to a now silent Lindsay. “And you are right, Brian.”


“About?” He smirks as I wrap my hands around the bowl of oatmeal.


“I can’t eat this shit!” As quick as a flash I dump it on her head.


“What the fuck are you…” She screams as she tries to wipe her face and to get passed me.


“Bitch! Sit! NOW!” I snarl, and she’s so surprised that she does so. “Now, my brother and I are going to go and enjoy the rest of our breakfast in the office. Brian, I will see you in a few minutes, I want to deal with this.”


“Sure Sis.” He chuckles as he heads that way.


I turn back to a comically furious looking Lindsay. “I want you to clean up the mess that you have made and fuck off. Do not come back to Liberty Avenue again!” I turn to Kiki. “Kiki, can you give her a cloth, please?”


“With pleasure!” Kiki declares, and there is a satisfying squelch as the cloth hits her in the face.


BRIAN


On her way to the office Claire suddenly stops and turns around one more time. “You can either use that cloth or your tongue, Lindsay, because there is no way in fuck that you aren’t leaving before you clean that booth. Why not imagine that it is cum you are licking up the way you should have at that orgy instead of getting yourself knocked up! And don’t you ever try to use my brother for any of your evil machinations again, for you won't like the wrath I will throw at you!”


I can't help but laugh at Lindsay's shocked face, and suddenly there is this warm, soothing feeling in my chest. That’s when I realise that, for the first time in my life, I am supported by someone who is blood family, and I feel a pain in my heart, which I didn't even know was there, slowly starting to heal.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.