- Text Size +

...AND THE RAW REALITY


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - 30 MINUTES LATER


LOUNGE


DEBS


I put my bag down and look at my doleful and pathetic son. Brian is right, he could never be him or be with him! Much too lazy, cowardly and needy!


“Where have you been? I said I would be here in 20 minutes.” He carps.


“I went to the liquor store. I was so pissed.” I put down the booze on the table. “I can’t believe that asshole has allowed everything to happen! And why the fuck is that bastard in town?!”


“I don’t know. Couldn’t stick around to find out because of the restraining order.”


“Did you find out any fucking thing?!” I complain, folding my arms so that my hand does not connect with his head...yet.


“Ma, this isn’t my fault! This is Brian’s fault, it is always Brian’s fault!”


“Of course it is. So answer the question, you found out what? You have that same look on your face that you had weeks ago when you saw last saw Brian at his loft. So what, he’s bought the building, it’s his money to spend, for now…”


“You know that’s not what upset me then.” He hiccups, and the tears start to fall. Inwardly I sigh, then sit next to him. “If it had just been Emmett, then I could’ve dismissed it as him being a jealous queen...but then Ted told me...”


“Told you what?” I ask, wishing I had opened the booze first. I sense another pity party is about to be thrown!


“That they’re doing it…”


“Brian and Ted?!” I shriek, leaping off the sofa for the booze and drinking straight from the bottle! “Why the fuck would he go to Ted?! What happened to Justin and Blake?!”


“I mean Justin! Brian and Justin are doing it raw!” He starts to cry harder.


“Is that it?! This is what you are crying about? So what, they’re doing it raw! We have other more important things to worry about!”


He springs out of his seat and dashes away his tears. “Nothing is more important than being with Brian! I have waited fucking years for this! I wanted to be first and last!”


“Oh, get real! In the cold light of an honest day, you wouldn’t have been his anything but his best friend and brother!”


“I would’ve! If you hadn’t walked in, we would’ve finished what we started! And I will never forgive you for that!” He yells, and runs up to his room, the slamming of the door has me rolling my eyes.


“You forgot the second never, you highly strung diva!” I yell up to the ceiling, I hear the door open and wait.


“NEVER!” He bellows, then slams the door and locks it.


Sighing in relief that he is up there sobbing, then mostly likely wanking in remembrance, I pour the booze into a glass and stretch out on the sofa. Shaking my head, I think back to what happened after I put him back in his place…


Start of flashback

DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - 4 WEEKS AGO


LOUNGE


“I will get it!” I snap at Michael as he goes to answer the door. He’s been moping for the last couple of weeks, and taking it out on our neighbors. Hardly anyone is talking to us, not that I mind it from the hags, but I like it here! I open the door and it’s the realtor guy. “What can I do for you?”


“Leave this property by the end of the week. This is your immediate notice to quit. Failure to do so will result in court action, ironically the reason for your immediate notice…”


“What are…”


“Remember to leave it in the manner that you got it!” He snaps, and strides back down the path and I shut the door hard on our gawking and smug neighbors.


“Well done, Michael, you get your wish!” I stalk into the lounge and stand in front of him. “We have to move by Friday!”


Nothing, not a flicker! Whatever is bugging him must be bad if getting his own way doesn’t raise a smug look


“Why?” He sighs.


“Neighbors have been complaining…”


“What about?” He looks confused.


“You mostly. You know, with you being so charming these last couple of weeks.”


“It’s not my fault they don’t have a sense of fucking humour. So, where are we moving…”


“They have a sense of humour, it’s just, these days you are not funny!”


“Anyway, where are we moving to? Are we going back to The Avenue? I miss the place and…”


“No. We need to be near my grandkids, but outside that 10 mile limit.”


“But, Ma, if we return to The Avenue then we…”


“Michael, we’re dead to them! Or did you not notice that the only people that speak to us are the authorities?! Look how long it took to get this place! No, we need to be nearer the kids.”


“But I don’t have my rights to Jenny, and…”


“Your fault.” I snap. “I have already lost my granddaughter and one son because of you. I sure as fuck ain’t losing Gus!”


Two long hours later we find the perfect, for me though he is paying for it, place!


It didn’t take us long to pack. It’s such a shame that Michael didn’t manage to get his deposit back. After final inspection, which, without Michael’s help we passed, turns out the system was down so he cut me a check...well that’s the price you pay for being the reason we had to move!


A WEEK LATER


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE, MOUNT LEBANON


I am staring at him in shock, for there in the doorway is David Cameron! “Michael!” I shout and gesture him in.


“David!” He calls out from the stairs. “You came!”


Came! What the hell is going on?!


“Of course I did, I said I would. And I was proved right when you left the first time, I told you, didn’t I? I said that Brian would break your heart and keep causing trouble for you. Debs, I am so sorry that he has treated you so abominably; after all you did for him.”


“Ma, I’ve been telling David what Brian did and how he’s taking us to court.” He sniffs, and I wonder where this act is going, so follow them into the lounge. “He’s going to help us with the lawyers, and once this is all settled, we’re moving to Portland!”


“Portland?” I say weakly, sitting down.


“Yes, I want to try again with David!” He beams at me. “And now that we’re both free and single, we’re going to give it another go!”


“Now that there are no more annoying influencers and interferences, we feel sure that it will work out this time. You’ve always been so supportive, Debs.”


I jerk my head, but my mind is racing. “Let me make some tea, and we can discuss our plans.”


“Oh, that would be great, Debs. The first thing we need to do is look at this ridiculous case that Brian has brought against the pair of you!”


FOUR DAYS LATER - ALLEGHANY COURT


COURTROOM 1


“How do the defendants plead?” Judge Horrocks demands.


“Not guilty, your honour. This is a spurious and vicious…” Mark Richards, David’s attorney, begins.


“Mr Richards, where are you normally based?” Judge Horrocks interrupts.


“Portland, your honour.”


“I see. Continue.”


“Thank you, your honour.”


I settle back in my seat, but can’t resist turning around, and now wish I hadn’t! I didn’t expect everyone to be here! The restraining orders must have been lifted so Mel, Vic, and Ben are here too! Brian has Vic on one side and Justin on the other. I can’t believe that Claire is here as well as the two boys. Since when are they family to him? Joan is glaring hatefully at her.


“I intend to prove that this case brought by Brian Aiden Kinney is a vicious and spurious...”


“Objection!” Brian’s attorney growls. “Mr Kinney is not on trial here, and the evidence is overwhelming. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be here, your honour. This is to set a trial date, or don’t they do that in Portland at pre-trial hearings?”


“Sustained, and settle down, Mr Fitzgerald. Don’t make Mr Kinney regret letting you be here.”


“Yes, your honour.” He says, and Joan looks pleased at the telling off he just received.


“Who is that guy to Brian?” Michael asks me, and I shrug. “I thought it was nice of David to let Joan be represented by Mark too.”


“Silence in court!” Judge Horrocks shouts, and I kick Michael’s ankle to stop him from glaring at him. “Mr Richards, I can’t see how this is a spurious case. Yes, the abuser has long since died, but they all have culpability in the abuse that Brian Aiden Kinney suffered, according to their own words and actions...Or lack of action in the case of Joan Kinney. It is clear to me that they knew what he would be going into, and, although the abuse and neglect is historic, there is still a case for them to answer for their part in it. I set a trial date for 6 weeks’ time. Restraining orders to be reinstated effective immediately. They will be lifted for the trial.”


“Yes, your honour.” Mark replies, but then frowns at us.


“All rise!”


OUTSIDE ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


“Why are we still waiting?” Michael whines. “I’m hungry!”


“We’re waiting for Dr Cameron and Mark Richards.” Joan retorts. “They were stopped by that dark haired lady.” She looks at her watch. “Well, I need to get to church to pray for the souls of the damned!” She says loudly in Brian’s direction.


“Starting with your own!” Ben yells back, and everyone around them laughs, the hardest being Brian and his toy!


“Have some respect!” She snaps back.


“Have some humanity!” Vic retorts, and she storms off. “Why are we still waiting as a matter of interest?”


“Mel has to sort some paperwork so that you, she, and Ben can attend the trial, Dad.” Brian tells him.


“I see.” Vic replies, then starts to wave and I turn around to see Carl and Del coming up the street.  “We’re all done. Trial date has been set. So, where were you?”


“Oh, we had a little thing to get sorted out.” Del smiles.


“What’s that?” Ben asks, and then gapes. “You didn’t?! Seriously, you didn’t?!”


“We did!” Carl laughs. “I have always admired her, always. So, everyone, meet Mrs Del Horvath.”


“What?!” Brian exclaims and grabs her hand before pulling her into a tight embrace. “Fuck me! Oh, Papa, I am so happy!” He actually lifts Carl off the floor and swings him around! I feel like I have been shot in the heart! “Finally! I get to be a big brother!”


“Only for eleven months!” His trick du jour laughs and hugs him.


“Anything to say?” Kiki scoffs at me. “Oh, wait, you don’t know who this actually is, do you?” I so want to wipe that smirk off her face. “This is not his trick of the moment, this is Riley, and he is Del’s son.”


“You’re into incest now, Brian? How debasing of you!” Michael taunts him. “Worn out your fucktoy already? You’ve had a lucky escape, Ma. Just think, you could’ve been married to a man who associates with degenerates!”


Justin steps towards us, then stops and slowly starts to smile. “I think there is trouble in attorney paradise for you.” He indicates behind us. “And judging by that expression on Dr Cameron’s face...Portland’s looking very far away. Much like Brian has always been...Fusspots.”


David and Mark stride towards us looking very pissed off, while Mel and Mr Fitzgerald, who were with them, return to the group with smiles on their faces. They talk for a minute before laughter ripples amongst them and someone says; how the fuck was that going to work?


“Associating with degenerates? Being debasing you say, Michael?” Mark snaps while David heads towards Brian, who manages to look both surprised and unimpressed.


They step to one side and talk for a while, as we all look on in amazement. We are further astonished when they shake hands and David heads back to us while Brian rejoins them looking shell-shocked.


“What’s going on? Why were you talking to him?” Michael’s voice gets higher and higher.


“You said they were forgeries. You said that Brian did this and not you! And you never mentioned the restraining orders!” Mark hisses.


“And you also didn’t mention what happened with Jenny.” David spits. “Do you have any idea how fucking humiliating it was for me to have to do that?!”


“You didn’t have to do that!” Michael pouts, and once again my heart pounds with dread as to why David had to do that.


“And you didn’t...no shouldn’t have lied to me and Mark! If you had given a reason for it, I could almost understand it! But to flat out fucking lie to us? No, that is unconscionable! Needless to say, Justin is correct, Portland is far away as in forget it and I exist!”


“And me. I am relieving myself of being your attorney. Tell Mrs Kinney the same. David, I shall see you by the car!”


“I’m coming with you!”


“Guys, wait! Please!” I beg, and David stops and comes back to us.


“I thought it odd that you never asked about Hank. He’s my son, remember Michael? As usual, your fixation on all things Brian, and doing whatever you want, blinds you to everything else. I hope you see what you’ve done, Miss Grassi. If you are lucky, Mark will have calmed down enough by the time the trial starts.”


“Meaning?” I don’t like the smug looks that are coming from their direction.


“He’s going to be a witness for the prosecution, and unlike that movie, it is not going to work out well for you!”


“He can’t do that!” I gasp, and Michael goes to speak but I quickly silence him by raising my hand so he shuts his mouth. “So, what do we do about an attorney now?”


“Get a court appointed one, since your son is too fucking tight to spend his money, but has no problem lying to get me to spend mine! Like I said, forget that I exist!”


We are all still standing there for a few minutes after he leaves, and then Carl clears his throat.


“What do you want?!” Michael snarls.


“To watch you get arrested again. The restraining orders are back in place; I believe Judge Horrocks made a point of saying that.” He chuckles as he points behind us and two officers are approaching.


Whirling back, I glare at Michael. “So, you tried to make Brian look like the devil, but we’re the ones that got forked!”

End of flashback


I listen for signs of him coming downstairs, but he’s put on the TV, so he couldn’t even get himself off!


When we told Joan what had happened, she wasn’t too happy and, of course, runaway-mouth didn’t help by saying she could get her own fucking attorney! It took days, but I finally convinced him that separate court appointed attorneys would be better for us. I explained it away as tying Brian up to wear him down in legal tape, but what he doesn’t know is that mine has approached Arthur Fitzgerald for a plea bargain, I think saying what I actually did with the money she gave me, will help him to forgive me...but I am not drowning with them, no fucking way!


JUSTIN’S TOWNHOUSE - NEXT MORNING


MASTER BEDROOM


JUSTIN


“Umf! Umft! Oh fuck!” I writhe on the bed as he takes his time opening me up.


“Pass it to me, I need a little more slickness…” I scrabble for the massage oil and hand it to him. “...hmmm you seem a little keen, maybe I should slow down a lit…”


“I will dump you if you...aaaah!” I gasp as he bottoms out, like me last night with one thrust, and he goes very still.


“Meant to go a little slower than that.” He rushes out and grabs my hand. “You okay?”


“Yes. Please move.”


“Need me to touch?” I shake my head. “Hold on, I am about to take you on the ride of your life.”


I just nod as he pulls out and then thrusts in. All I think with each thrust is that there is a parallel universe where the unlucky me is being made love to by Michael, as that would be my idea of absolute hell!


“Jesus!” He groans and adjusts his position. “Is it good?”


“Gbfth!”


He pushes my legs wider and pins my shoulders to the bed, and continues to plunder me. “Is it good?”


It'sway excellentway, osay eryvay excellentway, oremay oremay!” I scream, then stiffen as my ass catches on fire, my balls move to the next county, and I finally shatter into a billion pieces.


“OhChristohChristohCHRIST!!” Brian chants, then he goes rigid and grips my hips hard, but I relish the pain for the pleasure I know that is coming to him. “CHRISTONABIKE!”


Ten minutes later we are just gently kissing. “We need to replace this blanket.” I murmur.


“Hmmm. I suggest that we buy the company, just the two of us.”


“The company?” I hold his chin to get him to look at me. “What are you talking about?”


“Everyone loves them, so we are going to need a lot of blankets. First there’s Gus and Jenny, and then there’s Tyson, and then there’s us.”


“Us?”


“Uh huh. They make about 4000 blankets a year, so that is a lot of making love and…”


“...rampant fucking.” I giggle.


“Yeah. Definitely.” He concurs. “But before we go again, we really need to shower!”


“Absoluteway!”


“How the fuck did I miss you speak Pig Latin on your resume?!” He chuckles as he drags me to the shower.


“Iway avehay onay ideaway!”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.