- Text Size +

A GRANDPA AND AUNT? REALLY YOU PROMISES?! AND ASSES GET BIT...PART 2


PETERSON RESIDENCE - LATE EVENING


LOUNGE


LYNETTE


When I think of the times I have stayed in my room in tears wishing she would show me even a sliver of the affection she has for Lindsay, I despair, she will never do that! Ever. And now that I have accepted it, I feel a bit of peace. Dad hands me the brandy with a squeeze to my shoulder before he sits down next to me, we both look at the contrite expressions on their faces and wait.


“We have been thinking.” Mother begins. Snake charm offensive begins in 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1! “I agree that what we have done, for I take ownership too, was wrong, but it is grossly unfair for you to want to take Lindsay’s child to raise. You don’t have the experience of mother…”


“She does and look how she fucked that up!” I snap.


“Language!” She snipes.


“She learned from you! As have I.” I sip my drink and smirk at their confused expressions. “I shall do the opposite of what you have done and bring my child up in a loving and…”


“Lynette…” Lindsay begins just about keeping control of her temper. “...I really can’t give this child to you, I have already…”


“Fucked up by screwing indiscriminately during your marriage yes I know.” I hear her swallow. “Did you even think of Mel during all your extra-curricular activities?” I itch to wipe that bitchy smirk off her face, as I know exactly what she is thinking. “Clearly not during congress but afterwards. Have you been tested for any diseases? Or did you just give yourself a cursory wipe and carry on?”


“Don’t be so crass!” Mother scolds.


“Who is crasser? Me for saying it or her for doing it? She’s not rebutted my questions has she?”


“What happened within the confines of my relationship with Melanie…”


“Moving on from your infidelity. You and Nancy will be going back with Robbi on Monday evening. But before you do that, we…”


“Aren’t you coming with us?” Mother frowns.


“I will join you over there. I…”


“Are you going to the office first then?” Lindsay looks equally confused.


“Yes he is. We have some business arrangements to finalise. One of which is when you will start as my PA.”


“Your PA? Lynette, I am currently pregnant and…”


“I am aware. And you are aware that mothers-to-be can, and do, work up to their 8th month, you are barely in your fifth. I think two weeks should be sufficient time for us to set up her office, won’t it Dad?”


“Yes more than sufficient.”


“Well that’s that concluded then. What time did they say we would be meeting them?”


“1130, I have to say I am very nervous. It’s been such a long time.”


“You’re nervous! I haven’t seen them at all! Not in the flesh, anyway, there was always a reason I couldn’t visit or she couldn’t bring them around.” Mother looks at Lindsay with something sickeningly close to delight. “But the most important thing is that I am meeting them tomorrow. I shall bring the presents that I have had for them with me.”


“Can’t you hold them for this baby? You know, your soon to be child.” Mother’s voice is laced with rancour.


“No, these are for Gus and Jenny and they will go to Gus and Jenny.” I retort. “What’s with the tone of that question? What great slight have I perpetrated this time?!” I snap and she flinches. “You know what don’t bother to tell me. You would only just make it about you, or her, anyway and I’ve had enough of your egos to…”


“Don’t you dare talk to me that way young lady!” Mother barks. “You will treat me with respect and…”


“I will speak to you as you deserve! That is with just about enough politeness and respect for the words not to stick in my throat! Dad, I will see you tomorrow, will you send the car or shall I have Frederick pick you up and we go together?”


“Lynette. You need to apologise immediately to Mother.” Lindsey exhorts.


“Immediately, or don’t come to this house until you do!” Mother adds and the look of delight flashes across Lindsay’s face this time.


“And how do you propose to enforce that edict?” Dad demands. “This is her home, you do not say who comes and goes.”


“This is the family home and she is not treating me like family. So until she does she is not…”


“You are not hearing me Nancy, a trait that you display more and more these days, this is her home. And she will decide when she comes and goes within it.”


LINDSAY


“You’re leaving her the house!” I am staggered by this revelation. “But what about me?!”


“You are being left a monetary inheritance, which is all you care about anyway. I know that Lynette will fill this house with something that has been sorely lacking of late. Love.”


“Oh don’t be so indignant Lindsay!” Lynette smirks. “And Mother I don’t need your money, I have plenty of my own remember? Both from working and from William’s estate, give yours to Lindsay with my blessing.”


“Your blessing!” I declare. “You condescending cow!”


“Are you divorcing me Ronald?” Mother asks.


“I wouldn't give you the pleasure. I’m in until death us do part.” His smile is cold. “Unless of course, you instigate proceedings, and while you will have some small enclaves of your precious society that will champion your cause, they are very small. In fact, it could be argued that you two are the only inhabitants.”


Mother and I both recoil at Lynette’s snort of laughter. “Are you ready to go Lynette. I shall walk you to the car.”


“She’s only going about 5 foot from the front door and it’s barely dark!” Mother mocks his protectiveness.


“It’s the dangers inside the house I am protecting her from, you know, all those the many knives you try to stab her in the back with?” Without saying anything further they leave the room with Daddy closing the door behind him.


“Well, I don’t know about you, but I need a drink! Can you do me a Whisky Mac, you know how I like them, shame you can’t join me.”


“I could have a very small one, but I shall be good.” I start to prepare her drink. “So are you going to do that, now that she has given you her permission?” I ask.


“Yes. Permission indeed! You are right she is a condescending cow!” She tilts her head and listens for Daddy to come back. Sighing, she goes to the door and pokes her head out, before closing it again looking aggrieved. “They are still talking outside. Couldn’t hear about what though.”


“So are you going to divorce Daddy then?”


“I may well do so. But not just yet, I want to enjoy making his life more miserable first, enjoy spreading desolation in their lives because I will never tell them what you have done with the baby!”


“Of course you won’t and I will never work as her PA! You already have one drudging drone for a daughter, I am are not going to be another one! I have much more grander plans for myself! PA the very notion!”


BRIAN AND VIC’S HOUSE - EARLY SUNDAY MORNING


MASTER BEDROOM


GUS


“Mommy is away for now, so she sent her Daddy and sister to see us?”


“Yes.” Daddy replies.


“Why haven’t they come before then?”


“They have but you were very little and most likely don’t remember them.”


“Oh. So what do I calls them?”


“You can ask them, but until a decision is made, you can call them Grandpa Ronald and Aunt Lynette.” Jussin tells me. “And can you do me a big boy favour?”


“Anything for my Jussin!” I smile at him before turning to Daddy. “And for you Daddy always for you too!”


“Can you teach Jenny how to say their names as well?”


“Oh yes I will!” I grab Daddy’s hand and think for a while. “Do you think…” I stop and play with Daddy’s fingers. “...you know when I first met Grandpa Vic and Grampy Carl?”


“Yes.” Daddy replies and the puts me in his lap so that I can see both their faces.


“We made cakes. Do you think we could make cakes with them? It was nice, even though Tyson got the spoon! So maybe it could be nice with them too?”


“Let…”


“No Brian, I want to do it, please?” Jussin says and then kisses me on my forehead. “You are the sweetest little boy.”


BRIAN


It is taking everything! I have to swallow three times to get the lump out of my throat as I stroke the hair of my son while he rests on my chest, his little feet in his Jussin’s lap.


“Hi Ronald, it’s Justin. How are you today? Great, just great. Oh you are, well that is even better, can you get her for me?" I frown at him but he just blows me a kiss. “Okay, are you ready? Good. Good. It’s just we have a little boy here who is not sure what to call you both and he wants to ask another question too. Yes, I am very serious, let me just put this in speaker. Okay go...”


“He...hello Gus.”


“Hello, who’s that?” Gus looks uncertainly up at us.


“My n...name is Ronald and I’m your…”


“Grandpa Ronald!” He gasps and grabs the phone. “Is Aunt Libette with you?!”


“Yes! Yes Gus, Aunt Libette is here!” I can hear the tears in her voice and again swallow a few times. “Oh it is so wonderful to hear your voice! I can’t wait to meet you properly!”


“Me too! And you have to meet Jenny and Tyson! Oh I so love that I have lots and lots of family!” He wiggles in my lap. “Everytime we comes to Daddy’s house, we get someone else to love!”


I look across at Justin and he’s using the sheets to wipe his eyes and that’s when I do the same.


MAMI’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


HALLWAY


ROBBI


Chief Goose is on the phone to her grandson. Nodding and rolling her eyes. “Rene, a dick has three purposes...well use it for its third purpose! Your hand must be getting calloused by now, you interchange right? I worry about you! You’re not still a virgin are...alright, alright and chill! I was just checking!” She does look a tiny - a very tiny - bit guilty about the question! “I see okay, well enjoy sweetheart.”


“What’s happening? And stop berating the boy about his beating off!” Gladys chides her. “It is his life let him run it his way.”


“His way is going to wear his dick to the quick if he’s not careful!” She gripes before grinning at us. “As for what’s happening. He’s going to be keeping an eye on the devil pair, make sure they don’t cause problems during their visit.”


“You don’t think they will, do you?” Gladys frowns.


“She might. Nancy, won’t care too much, but to hurt Lynette, she might.” I lament.


“What do you mean?” Pearl demands.


“She’s never let Lynette meet them in the flesh. Ronald called me last night and told me that Lynette’s never met them. Seen pictures but that’s it. Every time she wanted to there was a reason she found not to.”


“Let me get Daph and Riley there too.” Mami declares.


“Why?” I have heard of Daph but not met her.


“She got us our Lady Ks.” Ceci says and rifles in her purse. “Dammit, anyone got a charger?”


“Mine is in the car.” Gladys calls out.


“What a Lady K?” I think back to the conversation that Mami just had and slowly look around the group. “It’s not…”


“Oh good grief no! We already had them, what with us being alone, not lonely, but alone.” I am now slack jawed, I have heard of candid but these ladies take it to a new level! “No, the Lady K is a Taser.” Ceci pulls hers out so I can see. “She has the full size one, zapped her, the Grassi woman and Mrs Kinney real good. Done the Gimp a couple of times too.”


“And that’s why I am calling her.” Mami starts to smile. “She and Riley can act as deterrent for any unwanted visitors! Maybe a jolt to the Mother will restart her heart where Lynette is concerned!”


“I have to get one! But in the meantime, can someone teach me how to use theirs?!”


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


KITCHEN


MICHAEL


I prod my breakfast around my plate and Ma sighs. “I just don’t get why we have to wait, why can’t we move now?”


“Because, for the fourth time, we need to show them that we have been exonerated of all charges first.” She sips her coffee for a few minutes. “What’s the rush?”


“I don’t want Brian to forget about me.” I lean back in my chair and frown. “What are you looking at me like that for?”


“What are you talking about? Why would Brian forget about you? After all you did for him.”


“That’s true. He could never forget me. Never.” I smile at her and she smiles back. “Thanks Ma you know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Now, if only you could make Brian say the words I want to hear.”


“Michael, sweetheart, you know how he feels about you.”


“But he’s got that blonde thing hanging around him like a bad smell. And…”


“No restraining order.”


“What do restraining orders have to...oh I see! If he was really mad he would’ve got one, he hasn’t so, he isn’t!”


“There you go!” Ma says as she gets up and tips out the rest of her coffee; she then looks at me when the door knocks. “You expecting anyone?”


“No. Oh! Maybe it’s Lindsay with the keys to the new place!” I get up and rush to the door but when I wrench it open my face and guts fall. “What the fuck are you doing here? Hey! You can’t just barge in like this!” I protest as I am shoved backwards by one of the hags.


“Where is what purported to be a Mother to him?! Where?!” A woman bellows.


DEBS


I stride out into the hallway ready to confront whoever the fuck it is that is yelling in my house and look at those hags in my hallway. “You brought a friend did you?” I sneer and then feel exasperated as Michael almost runs behind me!


“So this is what you have become is it?” The woman goads me. “A human shield for the mouldy fruit of your rancid loins!”


“Listen, I don’t know who you are or what you…”


“Headmistress Roberta O’Donaghue Carson. Ring a bell?” She steps up to me.


“Should…” I begin and then memories start to form.


“Ma! It’s my old headmistress!” Michael gasps. “What are you doing here?! You are looking great. Go to the lounge, I will just get rid of…”


“Still as fucking clueless as ever!” Roberta looks at him with contempt before looking back to me. “To business, because the more I am in your company the more tempted I get! Your reasoning then?”


“Reasoning?” I frown. “I don’t know…”


“This is a nice place.” Pearl comments. “I would keep it nice and clean if I were you, since Lindsay is not riding to your rescue anytime soon!”


“Linds...what the fuck is going on?!” I demand.


“Before you say anything Roberta, let me get rid if these fucking hags!” Michael steps from behind me and starts towards them. “Leave now or I call the police!”


“Do not call me Roberta nor them hags!” She barks at him. “Gladys may I have her, seems I need to correct a manner or two!”


“What are you doing with that?!” I gasp as she takes the Taser and I start to back away. “How do you know them?!”


“Because of my favourite A* pupil! Now get your treacherous asses into the lounge!”


PETERSON RESIDENCE - SAME TIME


KITCHEN


NANCY


“Thank goodness they’ve gone!” I sigh as I enter and rub my temple. “Do we have Advil?”


“Yes, already prepared for you.” Lindsay calls from the table, I am surprised to find her dressed.


“Where are you going?” I take the pills quickly and sit down slowly.


“To Mel’s.” She smiles. “Daddy drove so he must have put it in the satnav. He went to his ickle princess’s Castle of Drudgery instead of being picked up here.” I wait for her to finish giggling. “Well, he said I should spend more time with the children and that is what I will do.” I raise my almost empty glass to her. “I had a feeling you would do that and was so cross you know? I was going to get you back somehow.”


I think for a few seconds. “Oh the money. But it has worked out hasn’t it? And I knew you were upset, what would you have done as a matter of interest?”


She fiddles with her napkin and looks rueful. “Hadn’t got that far just that I would upset your applecart.”


“Well there’s no need for upsetting anyone, who doesn’t deserve to be, is there?”


“No. Right…” She stands up and drains her cup. “...can I persuade you to come too or…”


I shake my head and wish I hadn’t. “Back to bed for me. Oh, when are you going to talk to the Grassi woman?”


She sits down again with a groan. “Ah that, had forgotten that! Okay, change of plan go and see Debs and find out the truth. And…”


“Let me get dressed and come with you. If she’s got the book, perhaps we could buy it from her?”


“Buy it? But…”


“Yes buy it and burn it. No book, no comeback. So since this is a family issue, I think a quick dip in the joint account is called for!”


“In that case, can we go shopping first?” I frown at her. “I want to look my very best when I start work, and since that money is coming to me anyway…”


“You really do have gumption and ingenuity! Both maternity and post baby?”


“But of course.” She giggles and runs her hand over her stomach. “As befitting the PA to the Senior Vice President!”


“Stop it, hurts to laugh!” I whimper.


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S HOUSE - FIVE MINUTES LATER


LOUNGE


MICHAEL


We have been sitting here in silence. I don’t understand why she is here or what it has to do with me.


“What have I done? You moved to Texas, why are you here because of me?”


She just looks at me for a few seconds. “What have you…?!” She explodes before taking in a couple of breaths. “Let me tell you…”


Who do you think she’s talking about?” One hag asks and then starts to laugh really hard. “You lamebrained arrogant simpleton! Not you! You are not the pupil she is talking about! You are ungraded! She’s talking about Brian! She’s here because of what you did to him! What you both did!”


“How did you find out about that?!” I gasp. “It is all a mis…”


“You lied about him to his father so he would get abused, you told his father about him going to college so that he would beat him into staying...”


“Lied about?” Ma looks at me. “What are you talking about Rob…”


“MRS O’DONAGHUE CARSON!” She yells so loud the room vibrates. “And I mean I have read them. He has read them. You made some things up just to get him in trouble.”


“You did what?!” Ma screeches and towers over me. “Yes I did shit, but I never lied! Never!”


“So that makes it okay does it?!” She roars at her. “I take it he...” She points at me. “...doesn’t know your real reasoning?”


Ma whirls around and stares at her hard. “Do you?”


“Yes I think so. If that is it, it doesn't excuse it, but makes it understandable...barely.”


“Ma what is she...Jesus fuck!” I scream as she uses all of her weight to kick me in the shin and I just about get my foot out of the way of the stomp she tries to lay on me! Scrambling behind the the sofa, I feel like Captain Astro in the Den of Darkness, just before he makes his escape into the light to restore his powers and save earth. “Stop!” I bellow my shin is hurting really badly, but I am not taking my eyes off any of them!


“So how did you find out about her?”


“Find out what?” Ma looks confused.


“So she just gave it to you did she?!”


Ma shakes her head. “I can’t say, have been told not to by…”


MAMI


“Oh don’t give me that bull…”


“No Robbi, she’s telling the truth. I can’t believe I had to say that but she is telling the truth.”


“Are you sure?” Gladys asks as I hear the clunk of her Taser hitting the bottom of her purse and smile at her disappointed expression. “Wanted to use it so bad!”


“There will be another time I’m sure!” Robbi laughs before turning back to Debbie. “So you said what you would do if she didn’t make it stop.”


“Yes. Then out of nowhere she did that and…”


“You sound like you are talking in code!” The simpleton bitches. “Who did what to who and gave what to who?” He then screams and just about gets out of the way of whatever was thrown before it bangs into the wall behind him.


“Aww shit! Missed the fucker!” We all whirl around at the sound of Cynthia’s voice. “Get up you gutless, lying, lily-livered waste of a fuck! Get up!”


“No!” Is his muffled cry.


“Someone help me move this fucking thing!” She bellows and that brings us out of our daze.


“Robbi, restrain that woman! Brian needs her for work!” I order and Robbi gets between Cynthia and the sofa. “Oh not so protective of your baby now are you?!” I mock Debbie, who had rushed behind the other chair.


“Who are you?!” Robbi demands. “And what the hell did you throw?!”


“Cynthia and a fuck-ugly orb that he gave Brian, which he has always hated!”


“Oh I see. Robbi, their old headmistress. Been told a lot about you and Daph.”


“How did you get in, let alone get here?!” Debbie bellows.


“Someone left the door open and Brian told me what happened yesterday, said it was go time. Been waiting outside since eight!” She replies.


“That cost me a fucking fortune!” Michael shouts from behind the sofa. “If that is damaged, you need to pay for a...ow! Oww! Owww!” He screams as Pearl, patience now gone, reaches behind and starts to pull him upright. I dread to think what she has a hold off and am relieved to see it is his ear!


“Let go of me, you old fucking hag! Ma! Help!”


“It’s better they touch you than I do!” Debbie barks back. “How did you find our address?!”


“Mel gave it to me. As a condition of your restraining orders you had to give it to her remember?!” She stares at him as he rubs his reddened ear. “Can you ladies keep him here?”


“Yes. Why?”


“Got more of his crap to return! Be right back!” She stalks out of the room and it goes quiet.


“You’re a sadist. A jealous little sadist.” Robbi snarls at Michael before turning her gaze to her. “And you, Miss Grassi, you are his facilitator in the fuck up of his life. If you had just let him fall and have to save himself, then maybe none of this would’ve happened, but you didn’t! I came here with every intention of putting you on the ground but then I realised that this would make me exactly like you!” She shudders. “And you, him and his birth, and I use this term loosely, mother are three people too many!”


CYNTHIA


I wheel the case back into the room and park it in front of him. “Remember this?” I sneer and he looks stupidly smug. “So you do then? Oh the fun that I had trying to source this for your birthday, it had to be Superman and it had to be silver!”


“So Brian had it, I was looking for it.” He reaches for it his smile widening. “You were right Ma, he has feelings for me or he wouldn’t have kept it. What are you doing with it?” He suddenly gasps and stands up. “He’s asking me to pack and move in with him?! You’re here to take me to him?!”


“Are you sure that orb didn’t glance him before it hit the wall?” Mami sighs. “No you ignoramus, she is returning the stuff that he gave you I should imagine?”


“That’s exactly right. He would’ve done it himself but he hates you. And besides he has better ways to spend his time. So here you go.”


“Jesus that is hideous!” Robbi steps out from behind the sofa holding the orb in her hand. “I think you were being kind when you said it was fuck-ugly!”


“Give me that back! Brian liked it! I know he did!” Michael shouts when she throws it on the sofa, he quickly checks for damage.



“Trust me, he hated the Orb of Everlasting Friendship so much that he wouldn’t have it in the office let alone his loft!”


“He said it was in a safe…place.” He mutters, still inspecting.


“And you said he was your best friend! But you still did that!” I snarl. “Besides, he said it was in Safe Place, the storage facility just outside West Virginia. He wouldn’t even have your mementos and pathetic keepsakes in the same city!” I turn to Debs who doesn’t look as hurt for him as I thought she would. “You know what he did to the house correct?” She twists her face in annoyance and nods. “Well it is going to be rebuilt but not in the way you think. He’s sold the plot of land to the next door neighbour; you know the one you absolutely loathed? And he’s extending his house, once the ground has been cleansed of all previous evil of course!”


“He sold it…” She gasps.


“Rather appropriately for 30 pieces of silver.” Robbi laughs. “It was Vic’s idea apparently!”


The strangled gasp from him makes my heart soar, he has opened his case and is staring in shock at every single thing has ever given Brian. “He said I should get them back to you. He didn’t say that they should be undamaged.” Robbi guffaws as she peers in the case and then at me. “Baseball bat and sharp scissors. Now I come to the matter of your former store…”


“How could you?!” He wails tears streaming down his face as he pulls out piece after piece of cut up or smashed memories.


“As I was saying. Your store is to be turned into a counselling service. A place that held hurt will now help heal.”


“Oh very good. I like that idea.” Mami smiles and then frowns. “As a matter of interest, why are you here telling them this? I mean apart from the hating him and not wanting to be anywhere near them. Why not get his attorney to do it or something?”


“Because of these.” I pull out the envelopes and throw them at him. “He said after all the times that they barged in the office, it was only fitting that I got to do that!”


“What is this?!” The Gimp snivels as he picks one up.


“Restraining orders. You can’t come within 10 miles of Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Theodore Schmidt, Blake Wyzecki, Emmett Honeycutt, Carl Horvath, Delores Horvath and Kiki Coltrane. You are also barred from being on any property, business or personal, that belong to the aforementioned people or where the aforementioned work.” The devastation on their faces has made my year.


“But…”


“Now, I don’t know about you ladies, but I am done here. I have one more stop to make and then I am heading to Brian’s for an early dinner.”


“Where are you going?” Ceci chuckling.


“To deliver this.” I wave another envelope. “They say all good things come in threes, I’m off to see his mother!”


“Oh so are we!” Ceci grins. “But I have a much better delivery method for her than a mere house call!”


As we head to the door all we can hear is that pathetic fucker crying and her telling him to stop snivelling and be a man!


“Not a fucking hope in hell of that happening!” I snort as I bang the door shut on their squalling!


PETERSON RESIDENCE - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY


I can see where Michael gets his stupidity from. In the few days since she called me, Debs has changed her number and not given me the new one! But that presents me with another dilemma and gives credence to what Brian said, so from this point on unless I recognise the number I am letting it go to voicemail.


“Are you ready now Mother?!” I call out and smile at the speed that she has, indeed, got ready, she loves spending money!


“What did the woman say?”


“Nothing, I couldn’t get through to her and to be honest. We can deal with her tomorrow, thus avoiding tiresome contact with Aunt Robbi!”


She chuckles and nods, then picks up the car keys. “So to Mel’s then?”


“Yes. I want to time our arrival the same time as theirs. 11.30 wasn’t it?” She nods. “Well that still gives us enough time to do a quick window shop doesn’t it?”


“A reconnaissance mission as it were. I like it!”


We head to the garage each lost in our own thoughts but then pause as we spot the note on the garage door, she takes it down and we both gasp as we read the words; while I have left the car, Lynette rather WASPishly advised me to clear the satnav, she’s as clever as you are ingenious! But even if you could find your way to Mel’s house without it, we’re not going to be there! Why not spend your inheritance instead?! Daddy/Ronald


“And she said I taught her nothing!” Mother spits as she screws the paper into a ball. “She’s not a condescending cow, she’s a manipulative scheming…”


“Mother, please calm down. Yes they have won this particular round but they won’t win the war. You know that. Now let us enjoy our day.”


BRIAN AND VIC’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


BALCONY


DAPH


“Brian you might want to consider getting the balcony extended, you know make it a wrap around.”


“Tell me about it!” He shouts back over his shoulder.


I look around at everyone. Cyn has just been telling us about what happened when she went to their place and what she and The Gaggle are going to do when they go and see his C-oven later. Arthur has said to not mention anything about the case but just to highlight her failings. She is looking forward to that!


“I think they’re here! Yes, that’s definitely them!” Mel calls out as a car starts to head towards the house. “Gus! They’re here!”


There is a thunder of feet and Gus comes out onto the balcony. Jenny is sitting with Peter and he’s reading with her. I can see the nerves on their faces as they comes up the steps.


“Is that my Grandpa Ronald?” Gus frowns a bit when they reach us.


“Yes. Is everything okay Gus?” Brian sounds worried.


“Yes. Oh yes it is Daddy! I member him and isn’t Aunt Libette pretty?!”


“Darling it’s…” Mel begins.


“No Mel, it’s fine Libette is fine.” She sniffs and then bends down to pick up her nephew. “In fact it is perfect. Just perfect.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks