- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kudos goes to Meriam for the foie gras speech.

KINNETIC


MAIN DRAWING ROOM FLOOR - TUESDAY MORNING


BRIAN


“Everyone stop whatever the fuck you are doing and listen!” I bellow as I pace back and forth. The room goes quiet and all eyes turn to me. “Mr Slim gave me some information that I acted on, which is going to make him incredibly unpopular with all of you.” Now everyone is looking a little evilly at Justin, who is looking puzzled. “All work on our campaigns is to cease immediately…”


“Brian? What’s…” Cyn begins, I haven’t even told her or Ted. I wanted it locked down first.


“Because of Mr Slim, we have a presentation to the De Capio family on Thursday afternoon...this Thursday afternoon, and an all day presentation on Friday. The entire board, the father, the brothers and the daughter.”


“Are you fucking kidding?!” Murph screams. “How the hell did you manage that, Justin?!”


“M-my mom knows the family. They go to their country club sometimes and she gave Brian the number when they met at the Presidential PFLAG Dinner…” He explains going redder and redder as people are now not staring at him in disgust but with delight.


“So, like I said, this is top priority. All account managers get in touch with your clients and push them all back to next week. We have a two day pitch presentation. First stage is Thursday, and if they sign then last pitch on Friday. Cynthia, Ted, Murph, Kelly and Mr Slim, a word, if I may?”


BRIAN’S OFFICE - 5 MINUTES LATER


TED


“You want us to do what?” Kelly gasps sitting down so quickly she almost misses the seat.


“Prepare the pitches of your lives. You are my team. Now, this is what we are pitching for, the wine and food...you’ve got 10 minutes to clear your schedules and bring your A-Game, we’re starting now!”

 

They all run back to their desks grinning like fools.


“So how the fuck did you get that past us?!” Cyn demands, punching him in the arm.


“It was confirmed…” He looks at his watch. “...15 minutes ago.”


“Fucker! You absolute fucker!” She grumbles and stalks out.


“Where is she going?” I frown.


“To google the De Capio brothers.” He laughs. “And if she sees anything she likes, she has appointments to make.”


“I can hear you, you know!” Cyn shouts back.


“Is anything I said not true?!”


“I never said it wasn’t true! I was just pointing out I’m not...man he is hot! And single...yes!”


I join him in his laughter.


MICHAEL’S STORE - SAME TIME


LINDSAY


I stare at Debs in annoyance. She has vetoed yet another of my choice of underling! She is not even working here. “So what was wrong with him?” I demand.


“Didn’t like the way he looked at Michael. Like he was dirt on his shoe.” She sniffs.


Too easy.


The door opens and I am surprised when Delores walks in. “We are definitely not hiring you!” I snark. “Leave the premises!”


“Ah Debs…” She ignores me entirely. “...how are you enjoying your enforced vacation?”


“What are you doing here?” I demand.


“I have been trying to call you to arrange a return date for you.” She continues as if I don’t exist, and that is fucking me off! “There is a rumour that some people want to arrange something to mark your return so when is that to be?”


Debs looks surprised and then smug. “Next Friday.” Delores frowns and then smiles. “Is that okay with you?”


“Oh, that is perfect. Just perfect.” Then she turns heel and walks out.


“Well what do you think of that?” She crows. “I knew they would remember who their mother is!” She stands up and starts to put on her coat.


“Ma? Where are you going?”


“To prepare my guest list of course. Starting with the new president of PFLAG! I will show her how the Avenue treats their Mother!”


CONFERENCE ROOM - LATE EVENING


JUSTIN


I sigh as yet again he doesn’t like it. “What's wrong with it now?” I am getting dangerously close to petulance. “It is exactly what you asked me to draw!” Now I know I am whining.


“Yes, I know it is, but I also asked for it to be teal not green.” He replies crossly.


I look down at my pad and almost stomp my foot in annoyance at myself. “Yes you did, let me do it again.” I head back to my desk and wish I had taken the opportunity to leave when it presented itself. Kelly went almost an hour ago and I passed Murph on the way back to my desk. I take advantage of the empty office and take out my contacts and blink a couple of times, then close my eyes to rest them for a few minutes.


“Do you have your glasses with you?” My eyes fly open in surprise and Brian is holding a little bottle. “Hold that.” He hands it to me and then goes behind and snorts when I give a surprised cry when he tilts my chair back.


“What are you doing?!” I demand warily, but find myself taking the scenic route up to his face.


“When you are quite ready to look me in the eyes, I will answer that question.” He drawls just a tiny bit smugly, so immediately I lock gazes with him. “So prim.” He murmurs. “In answer to your question, I am going to put some drops in your eyes.”


“Oh no, I can’t do that! I am very allergic to a lot of…” I trail off as he just looks down at me with a slightly peeved expression.


“So, as I was saying.” He brushes the hair off my forehead. “Two drops in each eye and they will be refreshed and sparkly white. Then do that last board and Daph can take you home.”


“What are you going to do?”


“Work on my pitch speech and no, before you ask...you can’t watch. Now not another word. Okay?” I nod and when the first cooling drop hits my eyes, I almost cry with relief, especially as his fingers are gently stroking my cheek. “How’s that feeling? Good?”


“Mmm.” I murmur and sigh happily as he does the other eye.


“Now close them for a few minutes. Then finish that and come show me what you’ve got.”


Half an hour later I double check it, although I know, it is exactly what he wants. I head back to the conference room. When he looks up from his papers, he swallows hard. “Of course you would do that.” He sighs testily.


“What?”


“Go from Superman to Clark Kent by just adding glasses.” He loosens his tie. “Can I see the board please?”


“You want to see it or take it?” I ask and lick my lips. I manage not to flinch at the sound of the chair hitting the wall as he springs up and is in front of me in seconds. “Well that answers that question.” I tease and then my knees almost buckle as he strokes my cock through my jeans. “Awwwk!”


“Are you going to behave?” He asks while continuing to stroke me. “You need to answer quickly, because Murph is coming back in 10 minutes.”


“He went home.” I sigh as and the board slips to the floor.


“No, he went for pizza.” I almost catch my head on his chin I whip up so fast. “Yes, your stomach was bubbling, so I sent him out for some.”


“Bri…” The rest of my words are swallowed into his mouth as he swoops down to kiss me. I feel his hands in my hair as he pins me to the wall, and it is like I am being drained by the sexiest vampire in the world as he plunders my mouth. My hands hang limply by my side and all I want is for him to never to stop!


“I said AHEM!!”


I am jolted out of my reverie of randiness by the voice of Ted, which is filled with shock and laughter. I am beyond mortified, not just because we have been caught but because I have a hard on the size of a door!


“Ted.” Brian says smoothly and moves slightly forward to shield my body. “Murph will be back in a couple of minutes with some pizza, could you help him with that?”


“Sure, Bri.” He smirks, and heads to reception, closing the door behind him.


“Mr Slim?” I look somewhat dazedly up at him. “I would not worry about Ted. First, if he says anything, he knows I will have him murdered.” My eyes widen. “Yeah, I will pay someone to fuck him to death. But secondly, you don’t appear to have signed the non-fraternization form and…”


“No. I did.” I interrupt him. “I remember that...okay, no I didn’t!” I grin.


“Nice of you to catch up, Tigger!” He smiles, then bends down to pick up the board and looks at it with his usual critical eye. “Now, Superman, it is perfect. And I can hear Murph, so let’s see what we can do about that down there…” He leans down and whispers something in my ear that kills all horny thoughts stone dead!


KINNETIC - THURSDAY AFTERNOON


CONFERENCE ROOM, DE CAPIO PITCH


TED


The last couple of days have been so intense but we are done, it is past perfection and heading towards impeccable! The building is positively vibrating with excitement, and I’m getting all the paperwork ready for the pitch when Justin comes running in with the boards. He’s slightly breathless. “Hiya Ted, Cyntia just told me the De Capio’s have arrived...and that Brian has serious car envy.”  Just seconds after he puts the final board up, Brian and Cynthia come in accompanied by the De Capio family.


The usual introduction rounds are being made, as well as the coffees being served. I keep my eyes peeled on Brian. I love seeing him getting ready to do a pitch. To see the energy building up. I see him getting up and he’s about to start when the door opens. In comes a young woman, about 20 years old. I see Justin’s jaw drop at the sight of the woman who looks like a sorry excuse for a drag queen.


She’s wearing a tiny, very tight pink mini dress that barely covers her scrawny ass. Her long skinny legs in baby pink high heeled over-knee boots. Aviator sunglasses on her nose, flawless but completely over the top make up and carrying a pink Birkin bag. Ladies and gentleman, the offspring of a porn star and a drag queen...or how Michael would look like as a woman!

 

Proudly the paterfamilias gets up, slips his hand around the elbow of the girl and guides her to her seat right next to him. “This is my lovely daughter Carlotta, but everybody calls her Lotti.” De Capo senior gushes. “She’s my pride and joy.”


He bends over and kisses the top of her head. Only now do I see the resemblance between the girl and the rest of the De Capio clan. They share the same dark hair, and the same olive skin, but that is the only thing they share. Where the De Capio men are friendly, open and humble, this girl looks arrogant, is no doubt spoilt and I bet is going to be rude.

.

“So, where have you been, Lotti?” De Capio senior gently scolds her. “We were waiting for you”.


The girl, after taking off those ridiculous glasses, gives her father an outraged look and in a tiny mouse like squeak tells him: “I went to the restroom Daddy, my makeup needed touching up after that car ride. After all we were in the car for 20 minutes!”


Brian is barely able to hide his snigger behind a cough. Justin glances his way. Brian is biting his lip, and now so is Justin.  I know Brian hates society bitches with a vengeance. This one though is no society bitch, this one is pure nastiness with a capital N.


“Daddy, where is my latte?! I asked for a latte! I can’t cope without a latte! Can’t you send him…” Almost in hysterics she points at Justin. “...to go and get me one!”


“No, my darling, I can’t ask him to get one he is…”


“Just standing there doing nothing!”


“Lotti darling, there is a full selection of coffees. One of which is a latte. Now please just take it, so we can continue our meeting.”


She sighs and then pouts before looking across at her brothers and begrudgingly one gets up and gets her the latte, which she then doesn’t even attempt to drink!


“May we start?” Brian asks, getting up, and I watch Justin’s eyes go very wide and spit fire as Lotti has her now rapt attention fixed on Brian.


“As you know, gentlemen and lady, De Capio has been stagnating at VanGuard for many years…”


The De Capio men are riveted from the get go. I totally get that, for it is a really phenomenal campaign he came up with. The only one not impressed is the bimbo. She sits in her chair looking bored out of her skull, sighing from time to time while playing around with her phone and taking selfies. Cynthia hands me a slip of paper, on it Justin has written: Isn’t she charming? Our Snotty Lotti?


I can barely keep from laughing out loud. I look up to see Justin looking at me and give him a quick thumbs up. He winks back. The perfect nickname for the spoilt little brat.


A tiny yip pulls Lotti’s attention away from her phone. She picks up her bag and glances into it. “Oh my god, daddy, look!” The sugarcane princess squeals in horror. “Do something!”


“What happened honey?!” De Capio senior asks in alarm. Lotti reaches into the pink Birkin bag, pulls out a slightly wet  fluffy ball and puts it on the table. Oh my sweet Lord, as Emmett would say, it’s a teacup Pomeranian. The poor creature is baby pink. There is so much wrong with this scene. First of all, to have a dog being carried around in a bag? Even a small one like that? Not done. To put it on the table is simply bad manners. But to dye a dog pink should be punishable by death.


Whining a whine that would put Michael to shame, the walking candy cane squeals as she looks in her bag and then pulls her head back quickly. “Eeww, Pinkcess Perkie! How could you?! Daddy, I need a new bag for Pinkcess Perkie tinkled in it. And oh….” the girl twists her face in utter disgust, “She did a poo poo as well.”


The pink furball waddles up to Lotti’s latte, sniffs it and dunks her head into the glass. She starts lapping at the foam. At the sight of the dog with its head in the latte glass Lotti cries out: “Stop it, Perkie, you will get a tummy ache from all that milk.”


The pink pooch lifts its head, looks at her mommy, heaves a sigh and pukes into the latte. I, once again, hear Brian and Justin cough to hide their sniggers.


By now De Capio has become fed up with his daughter's antics, and her brothers are starting to shift uneasily in their seats. Turning to her, he snarls under his breath: “Lotti, per l'amor di Dio, smettere di scherzare. Porta il tuo cane e la tua borsa in bagno e puliscili.”


Brian seeing the puzzled look on Cynthia’s face as well as mine whispers: “Senior just told his daughter to stop fooling around and take her doggy and her bag to the restroom for a clean up.”


Blushing in shame about the reprimand, Lotti gets up and totters out of the room, arms stretched in front of her like a pink zombie, clutching her bag in one hand, the fluff ball in the other. We watch as Shelley grabs a towel from the break room and hangs it over one of the outstretched twigs...I mean arms, before opening the bathroom door for the pink princess.


We wait for the door to shut completely before the conference room is rocked by peals of laughter.


With the table cleaned, eyes dried and composure restored, we have our game faces firmly affixed when the pink princess and her pooch come back in. We continue the meeting without further interruptions until it’s time for lunch. A knock on the door makes De Capio senior proudly announce that lunch is being delivered, courtesy of his daughter.


A young man comes in pushing a small cart carrying a chafing dish on top, a series of smaller boxes and a coolbox on the bottom shelf.


Quickly he sets the table with fine linen, table silver and crystal glasses.


Very smugly, Snotty Lotti looks at everybody before removing the lid from the chafing dish.

 

“Wagyu hamburgers with truffles and foie gras”, she sighs in delight. “My favorite food.”


I see Justin’s lip curl in disgust and Brian looks to the ceiling as if seeking some divine intervention. While one of the De Capio boys pours champagne into the glasses, the pink princess pushes the chafing dish towards Justin. “Come on sweetie, take one.”


“No thank you, I’m not that hungry.”


Princess looks a bit surprised and pushes the dish closer. “But you are nothing but pale skin and bones. Go on, you need fattening up.” She presses him again. “Really, honey, there’s more than enough.” I see a flash of anger in Justin’s eyes. I know how he hates being patronized, and boy did the bimbo just do that in a major way.


Justin face turns to stone and he grinds out. “If you don’t mind, I will just have some salad.”


She shakes her head and gives him a pitiful look. “Don’t be ashamed. There is no need to be, not everybody can afford to eat Wagyu and foie gras. I guess you have never had the chance to try it. After all it is expensive”. During that last sentence her eyes have wandered over Justin’s outfit. “So go on, treat yourself, give it a try and have some.”


Once more, she pushes the dish towards Justin who I can see is  just about to explode. Oh, he’s so angry now. This is going to end in one big bang if she doesn’t stop it right now. I see him glance across the table, hands clench around the armrests of his chair, to where the pink princess is happily munching away on her burger, her little fluffball sitting on the chair next to her. She titters and coos softly as it begged for a bite. With an indulgent smile she feeds the animal a little bite. I see her look at Justin again who is munching away on the salad that was also served with the burgers.


“You know as the guest here, it is your job to make me happy. I do have the ear of my father, he doesn’t make a decision without the final say so from me.” She glowers at the tisking and eye rolling her brothers are doing. “So I do want you to try some.” She tells him. “In fact I insist!! And I always get what I want, daddy makes sure of it.”


I see the fire leap from Justin’s eyes. Yep, that was it. The final remark…


Justin abruptly stands up, sending his chair rolling away. He plants his fists on the table and bows over to the pink piece of shit across the table.

“Do you know what foie gras is? Of course you know, otherwise you wouldn’t be here stuffing your face with it? But do you know how it is “produced?” He fumes. “Well, let me ask you this, Lotti.” He sneers. “Can you imagine being locked in a box just big enough for you to squat in? Your head sticking out, a tube down your throat?  And having to stay like that for two months?”


The pink princess sits there shocked. I do have to say I never expected this gentle looking young man to have so much anger inside him. Impressive!


“Being forced fed 10 kilos of food a day distributed over two or three portions? Food that will make your liver swell up to 10 times its normal size. Choking to death because that enormous liver puts pressure on your lungs? Well? Can you?!”


By now Justin’s face had turned puce with anger.


Carlotta sits there completely speechless, mouth half open, a half eaten burger in her hand, while the rest of the Da Capio clan is also stunned by the tirade. Brian sits slouched in his chair, sipping his champagne smirking, thoroughly enjoying Mr. Slim flying off the handle. I glance towards Cynthia and see the admiring and proud look on her face. Justin in full rage is a sight for sore eyes. I nearly feel sorry for the pink princess, nearly but not really.


“For that is what happens to the ducks and geese that provide the liver for your precious foie gras.” Justin continues. “They spend half of their lives in dark barns, thousands of them. Locked up in tiny cages.  All they know is pain, stress and fear. Fear of that horrible machine that pushes all that food down their throats. For two months they get fed a kilo a day”. He looks around the room and then his gaze is back on the pink princess. “A kilo a day….one entire kilo.”


Justin is slightly breathless after this monologue. Lotti opens up her mouth to speak. And I’m thinking: Oh please bitch, make my day. But before she got the chance to say a word Justin is on her again.

 

“And once the livers are big enough their lives end. Their bodies end up in cat or dog food, fertilizers or the pharma industry. Four months old. Not much of a life of just four months is it? Just so some snotty brat can have a treat at $20 per 100 grams.”


I was just about to take one of the burgers but decide I’ll have some salad instead. Jeez, I never knew foie gras was made this way. I will never eat it again. Thank you Justin for the wake up call.


Justin stands there panting. He straightens his back and starts pacing. Looks to me like he’s not quite done with Snotty Lotti.


“And you expect me to eat shit like that? Fuck you!! I love food and I can more than afford to eat well! But, I will never, ever, ever eat food that has been “produced” in such a horrible way. And fuck the consequences for me for refusing this atrocity you call “lunch.”


For a moment Justin just stands there catching his breath, he turns towards Brian who still has the small smile lingering on his lips.


“Should you expect me to apologize for my outburst, let me tell you now: I won’t. Nobody, but nobody can force me to eat shit like this. Not even you!  And now, if you will excuse me, I will leave before I puke on little Miss Perfect here and use her dog to clean her up!


He then turns on his heel and storms out of the room slamming the door shut behind him.


PARKING LOT - 5 MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


Within a minute I was outside in the parking lot, ready to puke. And I am still not calming down. This is it!! I know I’m going to get fired over this. Fuck it!! I don’t care. I’m not gonna let some stuck up, nouveau riche little piece of scum patronize me. And the foie gras? Ever since my dad brought some home from France and I researched it on the internet I have refused to eat it.


I’m still pacing back and forth when Brian comes walking towards me.


“Whoa, Tigger what was eating you back there?” He asks but I am still fuming, not able to speak. “If you are thinking that I am mad, I’m not. I am proud of my Tigerish Tigger going batshit crazy at her. In fact it was very hot indeed. It’s a shame that we have to go back inside to the meeting, because I would very much like to fuck you...right this second. I have this vision of you writhing and screaming while I pound that tight little ass of yours!”


“Don’t!” I snap and although he says nothing he does give me a warning look. “Sor…”


“Don’t you dare.” He growls. “Or…”


“What?” I demand heatedly. “Fire me! I don’t need the…Brian! What are you doing?!” I shout at him as he hauls me over his shoulder and carries me back into the building.


He ignores my beating his back in an effort to get him to stop doing whatever it is he is doing and stalks back into the conference room. Slamming the door hard, I expect him to put me down, but he doesn’t. Instead he adjusts me slightly and clears his throat. "Signor De Capio, o firmi questo contratto ora o parti! La tua figlia impertinente e maleducato scortese ha sconvolto uno dei migliori artisti che ho e ho bisogno di calmarlo. Questo mi coinvolgerà rimuovendo i suoi vestiti con i miei denti!”


“Brian!” I wail in mortification and then in pain when he gives my ass a sharp swat. The room goes quiet.


“Well, what’s it to be?!” He demands, and there are a few beats of silence.


“Si, we will sign.”


“Great. Now Ted, give Signor De Capio a pen and we will reconvene this meeting tomorrow.”


“Of course Bri. No problem.” Ted’s voice is laced with laughter. “I will see you in a few minutes Signor De Capio, I just want to…”


“Allow me to translate for you Mr Schmidt.” I hear Signor De Capio chuckle. “He said, you either sign this contract now or leave! Your bratty and rude daughter has upset one of the best artists I have and I need to calm him down. This will involve me removing his clothes with my teeth! Which I believe Mr Taylor understood perfectly.”


“Oh, in that case, let’s leave them alone! And it’s Ted, please.” Ted laughs and closes the door behind them.


“Brian, can you put me down please?” I murmur.


“Are you calmer?” He asks at the same time as gently rubbing where he swatted me.


“Yes.”


“Such a shame…” He gently lowers me to the floor. “...I was serious about the teeth thing.”


“You said I am one of the best artists you have.”


“That’s what you picked up on?” He looks appalled.


“You’ve never said that before.”


“Didn’t want you to get cocky.” Is his cocky response.


“Thank you.” He fiddles with the button on my shirt and I adore...like!...him even more


“So why is me admiring your talent more important than...oh.”


“Yeah doofus. Anyone can fuck, it takes talent to draw.”


“Yep. I’m a doofus!”


KINNETIC - FRIDAY MID-MORNING


BRIAN’S OFFICE


BRIAN


As I read the emails from the De Capio bitch again, I foam at the mouth. Overnight she has rejected the entire campaign. Then when we redid it to her specifications, she is pro-gay after all. Yeah, didn’t feel pro-gay when she zeroed in on my crotch, my little Tigger did not like that at all! She has rejected it again!! And to top it off, Signor De Capio has lost his cojones and capitulated to her demand to not only have it redone a bit more softly by lunchtime but Justin to be removed from the campaign! I hit him straight back...no Justin then you stick with VanGuard, seems that money is more important than his daughter’s pride. In the final email she demands an apology for Justin’s speech at lunch yesterday or the only way she would allow him back to work on the campaign would be for him to serve her a lunch that would be befitting apology for a girl of her standing.


A thought creeps into my mind. I can barely keep from laughing out loud because I know a man that can provide the perfect lunch for her.


CONFERENCE ROOM, LUNCHTIME


BRIAN


Poor Tigger has been holding onto his professionalism with every fibre of his being! Any time he went to say something about a board she told him that she would rather hear it from someone senior that knew what he was talking about, so he’s been rendered pretty much mute. Every so often I look across at him and wink, trying to tell him I know and to remain calm.


When the door opens everyone turns as the smells waft in, and as per usual when it comes to food Tigger is like a heat seeking missile.


“What is that smell?” Giovanni De Capio asks. “It smells wonderful! Justin what have you done?!”


“I…”


“It’s a surprise.” Ted interjects smiling slyly. “Much like the lunch your sister provided.”


The platters are placed on the table and with one domed one placed directly in front of Signor De Capio.


“If you would please.” I ask him and as he reaches for the lid I start to count down.


“OH MY GOD!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THAT IS DISGUSTING!” A whine shrieks out. “He has done this deliberately! We need to leave now and sign the papers at…”


“Shut up!” Luigio De Capio shouts and everyone hears her jaw clang shut. “Dad, this is a great honour. Although it is normally with fish!”


“It is?” He looks warily at it.



“Yes! The most prized part of a fish is the cheek, but he knew you didn’t eat fish, but love pork, this homage is perfect. Justin...you have so much originality and respect for my father and our family name.”


“Respect!” Snotty Lotti spits. “Daddy! I refuse to allow you to…”


She is interrupted in her bratty tirade when the door bangs open and judging by her wan expression whoever this lady is, she not someone she wants to mess with!


“Nonna, what are you doing here?!” She gasps.


“I could ask you the same question!” Nonna replies sharply. “Carlo, how long have you and Kelly wanted to move from VanGuard?”


“A while Mama, why do you ask?”


“When was the last time you signed a contract?” She demands as she is helped into a seat next to her son.


“It is a rolling contract. Why? Ouch! Mama please!” He yelps as she smacks him across the back of the head.


“Not a rolling contract! A fuck contract! She’s been sleeping with him for years, since she was 19!” She points a wrinkled but perfectly manicured finger at Lotti.


I think the entire state went quiet.


“Sleeping with?” He echoes.


“Yes!” She retorts. “Oh head cheese! Sergio, please help me to the cheek, such an honour, whose idea was this?”


“Justin Taylor’s.” I reply. “He…”


“Did the first three designs she rejected?” She smiles as she rolls up a pancake of pork cheek and pickled vegetables. I try not to smile or kiss the adorably confused expression off of his face. “Oh delicious! I need the name of the caterer. So…” she dabs her mouth delicately. “...I like the first three ones. Carlo which ones do you, not your precious princess, like?”


“I have been so blind.” He sighs. “I like the second three.” He turns to a now cowering and pale Lotti. “We will speak tonight…” She tries to say something. “...if you wish to sit down anytime in the next few days, I would keep the screeching mouth of yours shut. Oh if he got you that pink rat, I suggest you find the nearest pound!”


“Carlo no!” His mother snaps. “The dog is not at fault here, well not the one that yaps and has a tail. Tomaz, you are the reason that Prince is treated like a dog when she abandons her ownership. Give him, for he is a him to Tomaz, you’d think you’d recognise a cock, considering the amount you have down your throat and up your…”


“Mama!” Carlo shrieks his cheeks flaming.


“Ralph!” She bellows and a man comes in who makes Lotti shrinks back into her chair even further. “This is my youngest grandson, and the only person that she is truly afraid of, because he is my grandson by marriage, so does not have the genetic link they do...it affords him some immunity.”


Ralph just glares at Lotti. “Car. Now.”


“Nonna.” She pleads but she is unmoved.


“He will keep you and your libido contained in Florence, but before you go, give me your phone or he will take it from you. Who knows how that will go.” Quickly she hands it to her, but she slides it back. “Unlock it.” Judging by that expression on her face she is fucked without lube, and whatever plans she had are quashed when Daddy quickly stands behind her and once, presumably, it’s unlocked he snatches it out her hands. “Thanks Carlo.” She beams.


Ted, Cyn and I all exchange looks. This it is like being in a Godfather movie, except it would be The Grandmother!


“Again. Car. Now.” He growls and like a whipped and soaked kitten she meekly leaves the room.


For a few minutes there is silence, before Nonna huffs in annoyance. “You indulge her too much, she has no business sense! How many times do they have to tell you?!” She chastises her son before turning to me. “Did she call or was she stupid enough to send emails?”


“She emailed.” I reply still completely in the dark about what is going on!


“May I have them?” I nod and then call Shelley to print them out for me, when she brings them to her she reads them in silence, well mostly silence, she spends some time muttering in Italian. “May my son, Mr Kinney and I have the room for a few moments please?”


Within seconds it is just us, no one daring to refuse The Grandmother’s request.


“I hate foie gras, and all that so called luxury food. My granddaughter should have learned to appreciate simple things in life. Just because it is a delicacy it doesn’t make it good. Such a horrible practice! Who the hell does she thinks she is? Royalty? You, my son, have spoiled her rotten!”


“Mama!” He cringes again.


“Now the quandary we have is the pitch yes? He likes the last three and I like the first. We need to wicken it...Carlo what is funny?”


“Whittle Mama, it is whittle it down.” He corrects her gently and she rolls her eyes.


“Yes that. So what are you and Mr Taylor doing next week?”


“What would you like us to be doing?” I smile at this firebrand of a matriarch and part of me yearns that Debs was like her.


“Coming to Tuscany.”


“Pardon?” I gape at her.


“I came here because Luigi told me of her behaviour yesterday. Besides I had my suspicions about her and baldy egghead man. So it is either we negotiate in the cold steel of Pittsburgh or under the warm Italian sun.”


“Let me see…” I smirk at her.


“Good that is settled. And we have a nice little villa that you two can stay in...it only has one bedroom. And it is very far from the house, so you use your teeth as much as you want!” She giggles and then stands. “I shall send him back in and you can persuade him yes? Though from what Carlo says, it won’t take much.”


BOARDROOM - 10 MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


The De Capio family have gone and I have been summoned to the boardroom, I don’t even get a chance to knock as Brian opens the door and pulls me in by my tie.


“Brian.” I swallow hard. “I promise I didn’t have anything to do with the lunch that was served!”


“I know.”


“I had no...you know?” I frown at him and then look around at the cleared table. “Where’d it go?”


“Break room.” He replies looking at me pitifully. “There won’t be anything left by the time we finish our discussion, so I saved some for you in…”


“I didn’t do that lunch Brian! I…”


“I did. I got that lunch ordered. Helps to have a caterer as a friend.” I frown at him. “She called you a pig in an email, wasn’t having that.”


“Oh.” I stand on my tiptoes and nip his chin in thanks. “So why were you in here for so long?”


“She was inviting me to Tuscany to finalise the deal. I go next week.”


“Oh.” The fact that I will miss him, hits me like a ton of bricks but I try not to let it show.


“So, these next few days are going to be very busy. Mel, Ben, the kids and Tyson are coming. You get to test the book on Gus. Then we go to Tuscany and then we have the welcome back party for Debs in the diner.”


“Why the hell are they welcoming her back? If that were me…”


“Did you actually listen to anything I said before that?” He is smiling at me and playing with the hair at the nape of my neck.


“Yes.” I bluff...because he was playing with the hair at the nape of my neck.


“So what did I say?” His smile broadens as my face goes red. “Shall I repeat it?” I stick my tongue out and jerk his tie.


“You’re going to meet Gus tomorrow and then next week, we, as in you and me, are going to Tuscany.””


I feel my jaw drop as it hits me: Tuscany with Brian?! I feel a massive grin forming on my face. “YES”, I squeal and sling my arms around his neck.  “Yes, I’m coming with you!”


“Coming with me and if you like, cumming while we’re there.” I search his face and see his nervousness.


“Yes I want to do that.” I brush his bottom lip with my thumb. “With a passion.”

 

He looks relieved and grins at me. “Back to work Mr Slim.” He kisses the tip of my nose and gently shoves me towards the door before pulling me back into his arms. “Promise me one thing?” I nod. “Don’t pack that fucking godawful cardigan!”

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks