- Text Size +

CHAPTER 56 - WHISKY BURN AND MEANING IT

 

BRITIN - SAME TIME

 

JUSTIN

 

“Flat out burpees, jump squats and skier abs?!” I look at my clearly insane Twerp in horror.

 

“Uh huh.” He is naked, scrutinising himself in the full length mirror in the lounge, trying to find a flaw in his perfection.

 

“And where did you find this...this list of incremental torture?” I look down at the piece of paper he gave me and wants to give to Chyna. “And where would you like to be buried if she agrees to this?” He stops scrutinising and turns to face me. “Because if she gets wind of this, not only will we never ever kiss, suck, rim or make love again, but I will tell the guys it was you that told her, and they will kill you.” His reaction is not what I expect, as he looks like he wants to cry.

 

“Brian?” I take his hands and squeeze them. “Brian.”

 

“He could’ve killed him. That shot, if it hit, could’ve killed him.” His voice is low and terrified. “I am still in touch with them. I would have had to make that call.”

 

“Who?”

 

“His...Adam’s parents. He’s an only child.”

 

“Go to bed, I will join you in a few okay?” My tone is firm but gentle, and he obeys like a lamb.

 

When I get to the bedroom, I want to drop Michael in a bear pit. There is a shaking, and, no doubt, sobbing lump under the covers. I put down the whiskies and crawl under to comfort him.

 

“You had a life with him, and even though it has ended it doesn’t mean you want him dead.”

 

“Mmm.” He sniffs.

 

“Want to come out now?”

 

“Mmm.”

 

We make our way to the pillows and he settles between my legs. “Want this?” I point at the whisky and he shakes his head. “You can call him if you want. Do you want to?” He goes still before reaching for his phone. I wrap my arms tighter around him and wait.

 

“Hey, Adam, it’s...yeah me. How you feeling? Where are you?” He nods as he listens. After a few more minutes, he says goodbye. “Thanks. He's with his folks, his dad was pissed but at least he’s here to be pissed at.”

 

“So about the…”

 

“Bin it.” He turns and wraps his legs around me. “And sip.” I do so. “Hmm sip and hold, seems I am thirsty after all.” He drains my mouth and I reach for his glass and swallow half of it. “Give it.” He murmurs after we share, again I obey, then frown as he gets out of bed, pulls back the covers and makes a sweeping gesture.

 

“Lie down?” He nods, and I ping my boxers, he rolls his lips in, I take them off and he sits between my spread legs because I know, well I hope I know, what he is going to do.

 

He looks up as he lowers his head to nuzzle my cock, which strains up to meet him. “Yeah.” I whisper as he somehow manages to get me in his mouth without spilling a drop. The contrast is sensational. The slight burn of the whisky is making my toes crunch. “Ter...Twerp...please!” I beg, and push the pillow towards him. He points at my glass, and I almost throw it at him, despite my need to feel the contents in my ass! I watch his long fingers swirl in the tumbler in tandem with his tongue. “Every drop…” I can feel my balls starting to tighten. ‘...hurry hurry hurry!” The burn blooms and my back bows. “Holy…” I gasp before the pleasure explodes from deep in my very core.

 

“Mother of God.” He chuckles a few minutes later when we have regained some equilibrium.

 

“Indeed.” I open my eyes and stroke his head. “Shower?”

 

“Nope.” I tug his hair and he looks up his eyes glowing. “Getting more whisky...and ice.”

 

“Hurry hurry hurry!”

 

MICHAEL’S HOUSE - NEXT DAY, EVENING

 

MICHAEL

 

I am making a list of everything that I have in here. I am putting what I can into storage, and the rest I can sell. I stare at my stack of comics and sigh. If I had the rest of them, I would have my Ma and Uncle and now I have so little, I no longer have them.

 

“Right, I need…”

 

“Open the frigging door!” Ted’s voice bellows. Bracing myself, I head to do so. He loves them even more than me. In fact, the only person that loves them more than the pair of us is Emmett, and I have lost him too.

 

“Do you want some tea?” I wince as he pushes me into the wall and strides down the hall and then realise how it could look.

 

“Wait, Ted…” I rush after him.

 

“You liar! I knew it!” He roars, and before I can get out of range he punches me in the stomach. I double over and crumple to the floor. “Skipping town. Leaving Bobby boy to carry the can! I am so glad that they aren’t here. And to think, I was coming to give you their new address!”

 

I am trying to catch my breath as he strides past me. “Wait!” I croak out. “Please, Ted! Not leaving! Storage!”

 

“Yeah right!” He sneers. “All this gumph about wanting to apologise to The Avenue, when in fact you are scurrying off like the…” He stops talking and stares at my bared leg. “...is that a tag?”

 

“Yes.” I cover my leg and stand up. “Jeremy insisted. Seems to be a trust issue.”

 

“Imagine that.” He derides me.

 

“How’s Emmett?”

 

“Gutted, understanding but gutted. I am the lesser of the two evils.” His smile is cold in the face of my confusion. “Remember the last time he was here and what he had planned?”

 

“Yeah. I can’t go very far because of this.” I gesture to my ankle. “But I want to say sorry to everyone.”

 

“Maybe you can speak to Jeremy as a one off?”

 

“Mmmm.” I sigh.

 

“As in now.” He snaps, and he watches me while I dial the number. “On speaker. Trust issue, remember?” I just press the button.

 

“Mr Novotny, what have I told you about calling me after hours?!”

 

“I know, Jeremy, but Ted Schmidt is here, and wants to hear my tag request and your answer.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“I want to go to Baylon….”

 

“For a last hurrah fumble if you can find anyone who is desperate enough? No.”

 

“No, not that! I want to apologise for making Uncle Vic and Ma leave.”

 

Silence.

 

TED

 

It is at this point that I realise we may have a problem!

 

“Leave?”

 

Please no, don't say say you saw them in court!

 

“Yes. I want to apologise to them for that.”

 

“When?”

 

You are kidding me?!

 

“This Saturday. The sentencing is on Wednesday, isn't it?”

 

Sentencing?!!!

 

“Yes. Okay, I will have a word with the Judge and the precinct.”

 

“Thanks. Can you approach Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor as well? I owe them too, most of all.”

 

Pod frigging person!!

 

“Anyone else? You have a considerable list.”

 

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. “Thaddeus Hawkstreek, the Agnes lady, and there is a guy I bought my comic from, I slept with his friend and most likely gave chlamydia to him too.”

 

“Did you know you gave it to him?” Jeremy snarls.

 

“No. I didn’t know I had it then.”

 

“I take it that this comic guy is someone you are in regular contact with?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So asking for the number or email address of the guy you infected didn’t occur to you?”

 

“No… actually yes. But I didn’t bother. Figured he would think he got it elsewhere.”

 

“He didn't. Like you, he only barebacked once! Now is that all?”

 

“Yes. I…”

 

We say nothing for a few seconds after the call is cut off.

 

“Do you think you can get Emmett, Uncle Vic and Ma there?”

 

“Where?”

 

“The sentencing. Jeremy said that I would not be in Pittsburgh you see.”

 

“He did? Why not?”

 

“He thinks I might only get under five…”

 

“What does that have to do with it?”

 

“Rodney, he’s Uncle Vic’s late fiance, was a cop. They might take that out on me.”

 

“I see. Well, at least you’d get laid.” I rub my face. “Sorry, that was…”

 

“Yeah it was, but I understand. So will you?”

 

“Yes, I will speak to them.”

 

As I head down the street five minutes later, I look up and smile...and I know and feel Jerry smiling back.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks